Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates (37351 Views)

Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / Best Uni For Bsc. Computer Science In Nigeria / [Opinion] B.sc Computer Science In Nigeria? poo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by sweetpawn1: 12:12am On Feb 09, 2012
Proposal of the topic: The Post Office Vacancy Notification System | Statement of the Problem Example.
Note: Words written in brackets () are comments made by me to you and not a part of the Section Write up.

1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM

(Take note on how the section is numbered and titled in block)

(First I will use a paragraph to introduce the list of problems with their outlines)

There however exist certain issues associated with getting information about the availability of jobs by the job seekers. These problems are outlined and discoursed in brief detail below:

(Now I will list and explain the problems)

1. Cost of Transportation: [/b]The cost of transportation by the applicants consistently paying visits to the post office to look for a job can run into a lot of cash. As long as they do not have a job or are looking for a better one, they will feel obligated to find time to go the post office to take a peek at the notice boards to find vacancies for which they can apply for.

2. [b]Lack of access to fresh vacancy information:
Many an applicant has missed the opportunity to get a job for which they were qualified for, because of lack of immediate information on the availability of a vacancy. Often the news of a job offer will be heard weeks after it had been displayed in the post office notice board giving the applicants little time to submit their applications.

3. Distance from the post office: For those living in locations far away from the post office, the problem of distance comes into play as applicants living beyond the close proximity of the post office would be at a major disadvantage to get jobs as those living nearby will always have the privilege of getting the jobs due to their faster access to vacancy information from the post office.

4. Lack of Remote Business Transaction by Employers: It is impossible for business owners to have access to the job advert services of the post offices without physically visiting the premises of its building. This makes it difficult or very near well impossible for businesses operation beyond the close proximity of the post office to benefit from their job information service.

5. Stale Information: Due to inefficient services caused by inefficiency of the individual or individuals in the post office responsible for managing the job adverts notification section of the office, there can be frequent occurrences of having stale and expired job vacancies still being displayed on the notice boards which would lead many applicants on a fruitless and wasted venture.

There ends our example on how to state the problems in the proposal. Next we shall look at the next section on the proposal list, the Aims and Objectives.
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by Michael13(m): 12:43pm On Feb 10, 2012
, grin cool

Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by iaanimashaun: 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2012
hello sweet_pawn. nice work there.
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by phpman: 10:51am On Feb 16, 2012
A visit to our portal may be of help

http://blueservportal.com
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by eazyd(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2012
hi sweet-pawn!

please i need help on my python program- i wrote the program but i keep getting errors can u pls run it and tell me what to do. here's the program

There are three seating categories at a stadium. For a softball game, Class A seats cost $15, Class B seats cost $12, and Class C seats cost $9. Design a module program that asks how many tickets for each class of seats were sold, and then displays the amount of income generated from ticket sales.

# This program calculates the income generated from ticket sales
# Class A seats cost $15, Class B seats cost $12, Class C seats cost $9
# mainline logic
def main():
intro() # call the intro function
readInput() # call readInput function

# This function displays some introductory messages
def intro():
print("Welcome to the Ticket Sales Program"wink
print("Class A seats cost $15"wink
print("Class B seats cost $12"wink
print("Class C seats cost $9"wink
print("You will be asked to enter the number of tickets sold in each of the three categories"wink
print("The program will then calculate the income generated from all the sales"wink
print()
raw_input("Press any Key when you are ready to begin"wink

# This programs reads the readInput function
def readInput():
numClassA =
numClassB =
numClassC =

# This function calculates the sales from the three categories
def calcSales(numClassA, numClassB, numClassC):
salesClassA = numClassA * 15
salesClassB = numClassB * 12
salesClassC = numClassC * 9
print("The income generated for Class A seats: $%7.2f"wink % salesClassA
print("The income generated for Class B seats: $%7.2f"wink % salesClassB
print("The income generated for Class C seats: $%7.2f"wink % salesClassC
totalSales(totalSales)

# This function outputs the income generated
def outputSales(Sales):
print("\nThe total income generated for the softball game is $%7.2f"wink % sales

# call the main function
main()
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by esorison(m): 7:42am On Mar 03, 2012
pls boss. I'm in love with your posts. Pls, am to get topics 4 my project and ur ideas have been of great help to me. Please, can i meet or talk with you?
Thanks so much!
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by Michael13(m): 11:52am On Mar 05, 2012
more, grease to ya elbow sweet-pawn, one more problem am having is trying to balance my knowledge of C++ and Java, but i want to ask, which one of them is highly need in the IT Industry?

Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by Mannylex(m): 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2012
Michael 13:

more, grease to ya elbow sweet-pawn, one more problem am having is trying to balance my knowledge of C++ and Java, but i want to ask, which one of them is highly need in the IT Industry?

For me and from what I hv heard c++ is more preferable, c++ is also used for masters degree and PhD . And if u re good in c++ Java won't be much of a problem.
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by Pakavy(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
chei una don cheat me!!!i am a 2nd yr comp sc student of abu and blive me my intro 2 programin course is giving me wahala.is not dat urs truly is a dumb student but d lecturer allocated 2 us.d dude is young & inexperienced on how to effectivly deliver, honestly cul somone be an online tutor.cabt afford getin even a C in dat course, besides i luv d course.is gud to b part of this noble family
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by Michael13(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
welcome....

Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by chieme123(m): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2012
visit www.codenc.com/students_resource.php for project topic ideas.
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by lenklenk: 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2012
Hello everyone.. i need as much help as i can get. Please i need a project topic that hovers around ONTOLOGY. Thank you for your anticipated help..and i want say a BIG thank you to the author of this thread...The information have been useful.. I will be defending this project soon...say 2months. Please help me. cry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by chamboy(m): 11:17pm On Apr 29, 2012
hi fellow programmers i need help on who could help with a program am developing on automation of timetabling system being having issues concerning the execution of the program any1 for help should pls reply @ dolinsfalcons@yahoo.com pls halla asap....
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by sweetpawn1: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2012
Hi,chamboy!

Wow, I've seen your post all over the place! From the Software Board to my thread to my FaceBook Fan Page! Well I've sent you a mail so you can relax now! wink

Just reply and I'll take over from there!
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by Prajakta: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
Hi..m final year be comp student,& i need sm gud ideas & topics for my final year project,can any one help?
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by Larrydee(m): 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
Michael 13: Nice one sweet-pawn, for a moment i forgot i was once in thise thread, this is because i have started my Java Tutorial Classes and boy o boy no be small thing but after a period of 2 weeks i wrote my first program that just output a dialog box, such joy, but now i just finished a code that calculates your GP but am having a problem with my output, so maybe i will put it out hear for all of ya to see, and Happy New year guys

import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
public class GradePoint
{
public static void main (String []args)
{
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog (null, "GET TO KNOW YOUR GP NOW!!"wink;
String m1;
String m2;
String g1;
String g2;
String c1;
String p1;
String p2;
String s;
m1 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog (null, "Enter grade for MTH 111"wink;
m2 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog (null, "Enter grade for MTH 121"wink;
g1 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog (null, "Enter grade for GSP 111"wink;
g2 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog (null, "Enter grade for GSP 101"wink;
c1 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog (null, "Enter grade for COS 101"wink;
p1 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog (null, "Enter grade for PHY 191"wink;
p2 = JOptionPane.showInputDialog (null, "Enter grade for PHY 195"wink;
s = JOptionPane.showInputDialog (null, "Enter grade for STA 131"wink;
int M1;
int M2;
int G1;
int G2;
int C1;
int P1;
int P2;
int S;
M1 = int.parseInt (m1);
M2 = int.parseInt (m2);
G1 = int.parseInt (g1);
G2 = int.parseInt (g2);
C1 = int.parseInt (c1);
P1 = int.parseInt (p1);
P2 = int.parseInt (p2);
S = int.parseInt (s);
int A;
int B;
int C;
int D;
int E;
int F;
A = 5;
B = 4;
C = 3;
D = 2;
E = 1;
F = 0;
int MTH1;
int MTH2;
int GSP1;
int GSP2;
int COS;
int PHY1;
int PHY2;
int STA;
int PAV;
MTH1 = M1*3;
MTH2 = M2*3;
GSP1 = G1*2;
GSP2 = G2*2;
PHY1 = P1*2;
PHY2 = P2*2;
STA = S*2;
COS = C*2;
PAV = MTH1+MTH2+GSP1+GSP2+PHY1+PHY2+STA+COS;
int GP;
GP = PAV/18;
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog (null, PAV);
}
}

Need a reply,

Let's Optimize this...

import javax.swing.JOptionPane;
public class GradePoint
{
public static void main (String []args)
{
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog (null, "GET TO KNOW YOUR GP NOW!!"wink;
String m1, m2, g1, g2, c1, p1, p2, s;

int M1 = Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter grade for MTH 111"wink);
int M2 = Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter grade for MTH 121"wink);
int G1 = Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter grade for GSP 111"wink);
int G2 = Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter grade for GSP 101"wink);
int C1 = Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter grade for COS 101"wink);
int P1 = Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter grade for PHY 191"wink);
int P2 = Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter grade for PHY 195"wink);
int S = Integer.parseInt(JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter grade for STA 131"wink);

int A = 5, B = 4, C = 3, D = 2, E = 1, F = 0;

int MTH1, MTH2, GSP1, GSP2, COS, PHY1, PHY2, STA, PAV;

MTH1 = M1*3;
MTH2 = M2*3;
GSP1 = G1*2;
GSP2 = G2*2;
PHY1 = P1*2;
PHY2 = P2*2;
STA = S*2;
COS = C*2;

PAV = MTH1+MTH2+GSP1+GSP2+PHY1+PHY2+STA+COS;
int GP;
GP = PAV/18;

JOptionPane.showMessageDialog (null, PAV);
}
}
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by arokans(m): 7:52am On Jan 18, 2013
Please,code4me. I need your skype id or gTalk ASAP. Thanks bro. You can add instead. Great job.
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by okekemart: 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
Plz I need help, I want to know if I can use any of the programming language for my project.
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by okekemart: 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
How many programming language will I have to know before graduating.
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by Michael13(m): 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
Wow...such fun back then....im a graduate now...thanks to sweetpawn
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by ashquin90: 5:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hi. contact cybershadow1616@gmail.com if you require any kind of information, be it social media or mail accounts. I was able to monitor my girlfriend's Facebook account and most of her movements through his help. Now, i don't worry about her cheating.
Re: Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates by Fulaman198(m): 2:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
The first mentioned projects in the OP are not even projects that Americans do during their undergraduate. They are more than likely PhD projects.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Download Any Udemy Course For Free / Top Earners in the Nigerian Software Industry / What Are Those Steps To Becoming A Penetration Tester?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.