Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? (17513 Views)

RICHARD6: Fulfil Your Money Back Guarantee / Make Better Future / Make A Wise Choice To Have A Better Future,the Time Is Now: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by leMuhito(f): 4:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
A question of worth for Nigerians whose priorities is to live outside the shores.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by drmoney: 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2011
How does this topic relate to the write-up underneath it?
#justaskingnio
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Kx: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2011
drmoney:

How does this topic relate to the write-up underneath it?
#justaskingnio

The variance of the write up vis a vise the topic is a clear demonstration of standard deviation.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2011
Another [b]H[/b]ome Vs [b]A[/b]broad war of words is about to start
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2011
no guaratees. but beats the heck out of being stranded in naija.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2011
What dis guy wrote under does not in anyway go in line with the topic, Did the moderators read the post at all?
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by babyboy3(m): 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2011
you win some, you loose some

Food, light, transportation
---or---
Liberty, lifestyle, weather
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Baawaa(m): 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2011
The topic can be change
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by llbhuds: 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2011
Dont blame the poster jare
as u can see he copied the writeup from another source and the only thin he/she contributes to this thread is the topic which is in no way related to the writeup.
chei dis guy is a good example of a bad exam maipractice candidate.
if u wan to copy try to know nd understand what u are about to copy joooor
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by executinal(m): 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2011
@OP it all depend all individual luck. But your topic and explanation is quiet different.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by demmy8: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2011
Nigerians Please click on this link, to like this picture to put Nigeria on the world great scene again thanks
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=309160292443937&set=pu.127636357262999&type=1&permPage=1
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by dayokanu(m): 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by llbhuds: 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
demmy8:

Nigerians Please click on this link, to like this picture to put Nigeria on the world great scene again thanks
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=309160292443937&set=pu.127636357262999&type=1&permPage=1

lool, Is there any scene better than the one Nigeria is appearing on at the moment?
even if the pope is a Nigerian, it wont change anything jare
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by r231(m): 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
undecided
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2011
Sadly! It didnt for me!!

I have an American H1 Visa and I am also a Permanent Resident in Canada, And frankly I still prefer Naija!!

I came back home on my own after hussling in Canada for 2 years and I must say that it was the best decision I ever made.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Kx: 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
Okija_juju:

I came back home on my own after hussling in Canada for 2 years and I must say that it was the best decision I ever made.
thats a touching story
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by moremi2008(m): 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2011
Going abroad does not guarantee you a better future oh. Lots of Nigerians abroad living in disgraceful conditions but hiding it from their folks back home. The only guarantee you get by going abroad is relative security, 24hr electricity and good infrastructure but you'll pay through your nose for it after paying ~35% of your income in taxes. Going abroad only makes sense for Nigerians living in poverty. Don't make the foolish mistake of leaving a good job to face a shaky future abroad. So many Nigerians are shedding bitter tears abroad but can't come back because of shame.

1 Like

Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by babalo1: 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2011
the answer is YES for at least 90% of people
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2011
moremi2008:

Going abroad does not guarantee you a better future oh. Lots of Nigerians abroad living in disgraceful conditions but hiding it from their folks back home. The only guarantee you get by going abroad is relative security, 24hr electricity and good infrastructure but you'll pay through your nose for it after paying ~35% of your income in taxes. Going abroad only makes sense for Nigerians living in poverty. Don't make the foolish mistake of leaving a good job to face a shaky future abroad. So many Nigerians are shedding bitter tears abroad but can't come back because of shame.

My Dear!!

The thing was a rude awakening for me!! I can still hear the voices of many Nigerians advicing me to stay back in Canada that it would get better. I was working o!! Menial jobs nonetheless, making about 20 dollars an hour. But what I realized was that after paying my house rent (750 dollars per month), my phone bill (about 100 dollars per month), credit card bills, utility bills, taxes and feeding/clothing myself, omo I barely had 100 dollars left to save. I came back from work after one very hard day at the site where I was working, walked into my room, picked up the phone, called the airpline and booked my return ticket flight!!

3 months after returning home, I got a job that pays over 500,000 Naira per month (after taxes) and I am ever grateful for the experience, but now I know better and I advice many people to always come back to Naija after their studies abroad.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by renewnaija(m): 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
UK:
1. Good Security (can sleep peacefully without keeping reserve cash for robbers)
2. Steady power (no generator rumbling dt gives migrane)
3. Water supply (steady as long as u pay bills)
3. Affordable clothes (all types)
4. Good transportation networks & infrastructure
5. Free primary & secondary education (real talk)
6. Availability of all kinds of jobs (menial to professional)
7. Learning from a multi-cultural society (so many tribes!)
8. Defensible policies about how my tax is spent (wish our politicians cud see how the PM defends his policies)
8. Emergency responses @ d speed of light
9. Contentment with whatever standard of life you choose without pressure
10. Affordable food too (smart prices  grin)

I can go on & on but these are my top ten. Of course there are pros & cons but every human deserves all these above.

Enuff said. You choose.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by john6006: 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
I think is a good  idea to keep in mind that as a free humanbeing on this earth you can decide your future anywere.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Gbenge77(m): 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
Its a case of different strokes for different folks.But of course,your children will get qualitative education,which enhances the prospects of a better future.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by john6006: 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2011
The best education is to learn how to integrate in any culture and your ability to survive.
                                            Risk is in every aspects of our life.
In Nigeria the security of loosing a good job and gething another one is not a reality (JOB SECURITIES).
How long shall we continue to live in darkness when there is light at the other side.
Why are Nigerians going to stay in Ghana just a little country, but with constance power supply.
I think is time for us to think .
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by femzy(m): 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
Okija_juju:

My Dear!!

3 months after returning home, I got a job that pays over 500,000 Naira per month (after taxes) and I am ever grateful for the experience, but now I know better and I advice many people to always come back to Naija after their studies abroad.

Why won't you come and stay back?
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by coogar: 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2011
Okija_juju:

even with this amount per month, i am not sure nigeria will be worth it for me! 500,000 after taxes but 40% of that goes to buying fuel for car/generator to provide steady light(something the government should be doing for you), another 10% would go to the security of your house. if you earn half a million per month, you need a maiguard/ iron gates, etc. what about the maintenance of your automobiles? i cannot remember the last time i took my car for repairs. by the time you deduct intangibles/tangibles from your 500k, you are not really better off!
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Wallie(m): 4:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
moremi2008:

Going abroad does not guarantee you a better future oh. Lots of Nigerians abroad living in disgraceful conditions but hiding it from their folks back home. The only guarantee you get by going abroad is relative security, 24hr electricity and good infrastructure but you'll pay through your nose for it after paying ~35% of your income in taxes. [b]Going abroad only makes sense for Nigerians living in poverty. [/b]Don't make the foolish mistake of leaving a good job to face a shaky future abroad. So many Nigerians are shedding bitter tears abroad but can't come back because of shame.

I agree with most of what you said except the highlighted. You seemed so sure of your opinion that you stated it in absolute terms. Almost all the Nigerians that I know that are doing well are from a middle class and above family in Nigeria.

However, you are right that living abroad is not easy especially for foreigners. You have to realize that the deck is stacked against you because you have a foreign degree from a school most have never heard of, and you speak with an accent that people can barely understand. About the only way to succeed is to excel enough to stand out from people deemed “normal.”

@OP. There are no guarantees in life except death!
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2011
moremi2008:

Going abroad does not guarantee you a better future oh. Lots of Nigerians abroad living in disgraceful conditions but hiding it from their folks back home. The only guarantee you get by going abroad is relative security, 24hr electricity and good infrastructure but you'll pay through your nose for it after paying[b] ~35% of your income in taxes[/b]. Going abroad only makes sense for Nigerians living in poverty. Don't make the foolish mistake of leaving a good job to face a shaky future abroad. So many Nigerians are shedding bitter tears abroad but can't come back because of shame.

@ bolded,and we wonder why we dont have water,electricity,good roads,good hospitals,good security,good housing
taxes are paid for a purpose
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by bebe2(f): 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
renewnaija:

UK:
1. Good Security (can sleep peacefully without keeping reserve cash for robbers)
2. Steady power (no generator rumbling dt gives migrane)
3. Water supply (steady as long as u pay bills)
3. Affordable clothes (all types)
4. Good transportation networks & infrastructure
5. Free primary & secondary education (real talk)
6. Availability of all kinds of jobs (menial to professional)
7. Learning from a multi-cultural society (so many tribes!)
8. Defensible policies about how my tax is spent (wish our politicians cud see how the PM defends his policies)
8. Emergency responses @ d speed of light
9. Contentment with whatever standard of life you choose without pressure
10. Affordable food too (smart prices  grin)

I can go on & on but these are my top ten. Of course there are pros & cons but every human deserves all these above.

Enuff said. You choose.

WELL SAID.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
You have a better chance of being very rich in Nigeria. You spend less on bills=more savings for future endeavours

But quality of life=0 in Nigeria
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by coogar: 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2011
milehigh06:

@ bolded,and we wonder why we dont have water,electricity,good roads,good hospitals,good security,good housing
taxes are paid for a purpose

they pay that same tax in nigeria with nothing to show for it.
Re: Does Travelling Abroad Truly Guarantee A Better Future? by manucho: 4:22pm On Nov 09, 2011
nice talk @john6006, that was thoughtful of you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Appreciates As Manufacturers Lament Forex Scarcity / Naira Now N166 To $1. Can Someone Tell Me What Is Happening? / Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.