Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,469 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:55 PM

Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain (9952 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by egus(m): 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2006
Nigerian Embassy Complaints

Hello. I have been trying to process a friends visa to come to Nigeria in one of Europe's countries and the Nigerian embassy staff are really giving us a tough time without reason. Anyone knows where,to whom and how I can make official complaints based on the issue at hand (to Nigerian Authorities) ? Thanks.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by wise1(m): 8:36pm On Mar 07, 2006
You should know that customer service does not apply when it comes to nigerian issues. Those at the embassy just want your money. Call a reputable newspaper in spain or radio station and state your case. If any of these people call, they might be ashamed and give your friend a visa.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by sjam(f): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2006
no Embassy or High Commission will be ashamed into giving visas!
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Danoe(m): 9:13pm On Mar 07, 2006
It rather unfortunate that Embasy should be facing problems of this nature.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by LoverBwoy(m): 10:57pm On Mar 07, 2006
typical

i heard how theu charge people 500euro in greece and put like 200euro on the receipt, na wa o

email the newspapers in nigeria and europe!!! reputable ones
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Dauda(m): 1:42am On Mar 08, 2006
The problem is not peculiar to the embassy in Spain. I had a similar experience at the embassy in New York a few years ago. There is no sense of urgency or any form of customer service. They were jisting away behind their desk and snacking on "epa and guguru" while we waited for 3 hours to renew our passports. It is unreal.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by egus(m): 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2006
Thanks a lot friends. I really feel better now. I guess we should begin to do something even if it's on the internet to sensitize  on these issues. I have noticed that some of our embassies  do quite little to protect the interest of Nigerians abroad  and money that get in are not accounted for due to the fact that you are asked to pay in cash(in  my case) instead of bank drafts,cheques or a bank account.   I know of all the legal immunity they enjoy but do you think EFCC has jurisdiction  to that level?
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Rhea(f): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2006
Ask to see Amb. Dr Ebenyi. He is the high commissioner there. Be bold to ask to see him. He is a nice person, the last I met him anyway. I also hope you meet all the basic requirements they asked for.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by mustafar1: 6:02am On Mar 11, 2006
the thing with embassy employees i cant even talk about. this lady at the embassy in NY gave me such a nasty attitude cos i asked to speak with someone i was referred to and she took it as i was being disrespectful. wanted to give her a piece of my spicy mind but i was like i aint gonn let somebody mess up my day for me. i actually ended up speaking with the ambassador though. gave me his name and was like any problem i should ask to speak with him. i was liek thats wats up.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by romeo(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2006
nigerian embassy in spain is a shame!!! i went there some days back for my passport renewal and i can assure that the place where people wait for their documents is like a pigs pen, i'll send some pics later
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by LoverBwoy(m): 12:03am On Mar 14, 2006
romeo:

nigerian embassy in spain is a shame!!! i went there some days back for my passport renewal and i can assure that the place where people wait for their documents is like a pigs pen, i'll send some pics later
please do send the pictures !!!

i heard that was how the long embassy was years back, with people queing up till the next day and sleeping on the floor!!!
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Radiant(f): 11:55pm On Jan 18, 2007
Why won't they extort money from people if they can? when a whole Nigeria owes her Embassies salaries for up to 4 months. I'm very sure about 2 Nigerian embassies in Europe that have been owed salaries for a long period.

The problem is from back home!!! SHAME!!!

1 Like

Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by awolumate(m): 11:58pm On Jan 18, 2007
All these our embassies are just money making centers.At our embassy in Beijing,they are all business mens. Buying and selling is the order of the day with no interest of the citizens at heart.
  I was at our embassy in Rome recently.I took these pictures from their toilet. It was an eyesore. And these embassy make an average of 12,000euro daily from consular and passport services to Nigerians.God dey oooo lipsrsealed

Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Radiant(f): 12:11am On Jan 19, 2007
I'm not saying we should unveil the misery of our Embassies but, for goodness' sake, Nigeria should be more responsible and look into 'small matters' angry
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by ikamefa(f): 12:57am On Apr 12, 2007
the one in NY is no better and we are supposed to be the giant of Africa right ?
today i regret ever being a Nigeria woman cry

i can say it boldly the Nigerian embassy in NY is shitty place angry
the lobby or waiting area looks like Iya Basiras workshop angry
the employees are nothing to write home about! shitty people angry
the guards at the front desk are spawns of Lucifer himself angry
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by finemocha(f): 12:06am On May 01, 2007
im still having complaints with the nigerian embassy here in atlanta. its like once u enter u are transfored back to wuse market.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by yinkolo(f): 10:09am On May 24, 2007
r youcomplaining about nigerian embassy abroad? when was the last time you tried nigerian embassy in nigeria. everyone of them is useless.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Rlst84sale(m): 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2007
Can anyone give info about cities in Spain, Naija communities, langusge schools, cost, accomodations and procedure for the language school?.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Vicjustice: 9:35am On Jun 08, 2007
Referring to topic:
Please, let the Nigerian embassy (in Spain) be.
  While i regret that it's your acquaintance that was involved in this particular difficulty, I'm also glad to hear that they make things difficult for him too. I've seen many arrogant Europeans who think that they can get the Nigerian visas just at the snap of their fingers as if one is buying a stamp from a kiosk.
  Please, let the Embassy be, afterall, the hard time they would give him is not even a 10th of what European Embassies give to Nigerians. Cool cool
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by blonde1(f): 9:59am On Jun 08, 2007
Vicjustice, I do not know what is egus's friend business in Nigeria, but I guess he's going to spend some money while in Nigeria and tourists and businessmen are good for the economy. Discouraging them isn't good for anybody. There are better ways to express pride than that.

I think they should simply make these fees official. There should be a price list hanging in the embassy, "visa for European tourists 500 euro" and let it be spent on staff's salaries if they are so unsatisfied with what they get now that they demand bribes. The difference will be that this won't be corruption anymore and it won't be seen as corruption, and people who do not know Nigerian "customs" will not feel confused and offended as they are now when they are treated badly for no apparent reason. For you it may be obvious that such a behaviour of the embassy as described means they want money, but believe me, many people raised in societies where there's no corruption will have no clue and won't even think about it. They will just leave with the impression that Nigerians are unfriendly and rude, and this will add to the bad image of Nigeria.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Vicjustice: 10:39am On Jun 08, 2007
But Blonde1, don't you think you're a bit too fast to judge without knowing what really happened at the embassy? Whatever brings in the issue of bribery and corruption? The complainant never said that the embassy asked for a bribe neither did he make any comment on bribery suspicion.
 Don't you think you're judging from your own assumption due to your negative assessments about Nigeria and the Nigerians?
 I can bet that bribery is out of the reasons for the difficulties: there's obviously no reason to bribe about, the Nigerian embassy doesn't have an avenue for bribery, this is the fact.
My inserted Quote
                                               Referringing to topic:
 While i regret that it's your acquaintance that's involved in this particular difficulty, I'm also glad to hear that they make things difficult for him too. I've seen many arrogant Europeans who think that they can get the Nigerian visas just at the snap of their fingers as if one is buying a stamp from a kiosk.
 Please, let the Embassy be, afterall, the hard time they would give him is not even a 10th of what European Embassies give to Nigerians. Cool cool
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by blonde1(f): 10:56am On Jun 08, 2007
It wasn't me who made this assumption, Vicjustice. It were other people in this thread, who had their own experiences.

Posted by: awolumate
"All these our embassies are just money making centers.At our embassy in Beijing,they are all business mens. Buying and selling is the order of the day with no interest of the citizens at heart.
I was at our embassy in Rome recently.I took these pictures from their toilet. It was an eyesore. And these embassy make an average of 12,000euro daily from consular and passport services to Nigerians.God dey oooo Lips sealed"

Posted on: January 18, 2007, 11:55 PM
Posted by: Radiant
"Why won't they extort money from people if they can? when a whole Nigeria owes her Embassies salaries for up to 4 months. I'm very sure about 2 Nigerian embassies in Europe that have been owed salaries for a long period."

I got an impression that you Vicjustice support making difficulties as a revenge for the way European embassies treat Nigerians applying for visas. I do not see any sense in that.
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Vicjustice: 11:24am On Jun 08, 2007
Understand my comments, I'm never in support of corruption nor unfairness: yet, i'm not against the Nigerian embassies making visas reasonably difficult for Europeans, because (like i said before), i've seen and spoken with some Europeans going to the embassy to apply for visa as if they're going to a kiosk to buy stamps.
 The Nigerian embassy reserve the rights to decide who to issue visa and who to refuse it, but yet, they seldom refuse any European visa.

My inserted Quote
                                               Referringing to topic:

While i regret that it's your acquaintance that's involved in this particular difficulty, I'm also glad to hear that they make things reasonably difficult for him too. I've seen many arrogant Europeans who think that they can get the Nigerian visas just at the snap of their fingers as if one is buying a stamp from a kiosk.
  Note: If it's not difficult to get the visa, they won't respect the people in the country
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by mazaje(m): 5:36pm On Jun 08, 2007
Why is it that there is nothing good in nigeria? are we cursed or what? dead embassies, dead people dead everything  infact dead country na wah
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by yinkolo(f): 11:08am On Jun 09, 2007
dear RLST84 sale this message is for you , about your question regarding good cities in spain, i can recommend barcelona, murcia but the living expense is really high especially if you areraising a family. but then if you come to the northern part of spain which could be vigo, santiago de compostella, it is alright .Spain has got very good schools wherever you decide to stay,it is free as well, and it is now compulsery to teach/learn english in schools. anyway if you need more info , let me know. if you need info regarding the uk i can tell you that as well. take care
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Rlst84sale(m): 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2007
@Yinkolo

Please refer to your email, I have sent u you an email. Thank you for your help
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by mrofficial(m): 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2007
Na so our four fathers want make e be
me gon i no advise make them give am
because those people can make you starve to death
my guy too don complain something like that
him say that them no gree give him girl friend visa to come Nigeria
i go like make the guy apply for 20 times before them give am
and after that
as him dey go enter plane
make Nigeria immigration porsue am go back
then make them come cancel the visa
this na wetin i don expirience from british embassy
God dey
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by owengospel(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2007
Vision justice I think you are right, let the Niaja emmbassy be, I can remember what they did to me in the US embassy last year,the europeans are really proud people .               tongue My name is Sobere with user name owengospel
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by jbarnor: 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2007
Can u buy in spain if ur nigerian with a nigerian passport?
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by MoOdYLaDy(f): 12:06am On Oct 24, 2007
[size=13pt]Nigerian Embassy in New York is worst, have been trying to get in contact with them for the past one 1wk now, and every time i go through they always put me on hold, so have decided to go there next week regarding my passport, those people are so useless angry angry.

Nigerian embassy in Washington DC is even better, at least those one have manners when you are talking to them on on the phone [/size]
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by Evept(f): 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2008
@yinkolo and vic justice,

i understand both of you also live in spain,do you guys have good contact in spain where i can relocate my sister that she can easly get a job and that police dont disturb cos she has'nt gotten has papers.
someone she that can show her around and share flat with ,ur reply will be appreciated.
thanks.
Evept
Re: Complaints About Nigerian Embassy In Spain by romeo(m): 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2008
Evept:

@yinkolo and vic justice,

i understand both of you also live in spain,do you guys have good contact in spain where i can relocate my sister that she can easly get a job and that police don't disturb because she has'nt gotten has papers.
someone she that can show her around and share flat with ,your reply will be appreciated.
thanks.
Evept

I don't get your question!! are you living in spain? i am staying in palma de mallorca but i know police don't always disturb people without papers here in spain

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Romanticized City In Nigeria / Power Failure Interrupt Business At The Murtala Muhammed Airport / NNPC Floods Market With Aviation Fuel, Assures Of 40-day Sufficiency Of Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.