Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,941 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

The Importance Of Eye Contact - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Importance Of Eye Contact (7521 Views)

The Power Of Eye Contact / 10 Subtle Eye Contact Flirting Moves That Always Work / How Powerful Eye Contact With Females Can Be: My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Eye Contact by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2011
Please state why you think eye contact is important. Ladies would you forgive a guy who didnt look at you much?

EYECONTACTMASTERY.NET
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by xynerise: 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2011
You easily get initiated into witchcraft with eye contact. undecided
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
xynerise:

xynerise:

[size=14pt]We heard you the first time abeg! grin grin

@OP
I know who is lying by maintaining eye contact!. . . The eyes are the window to the soul. . . wink[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by slimyem: 5:32pm On Nov 08, 2011
the only time its important to me is when i'm having a serious discussion.
Other times,i don't really care!
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by greedie1(f): 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2011
i can read watever is mirrored in d eye, be it lies, love, distrust, Eye contact is very important
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by iice(f): 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2011
Looking at someone is different from having eye contact undecided
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by xynerise: 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2011
^just answer the question grandma. grin
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by iice(f): 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2011
What? Phones ringing off the hook? grin grin
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 08, 2011
iice:

Looking at someone is different from having eye contact undecided
really my love? care to elaborate?
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by xynerise: 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2011
^what is there to elaborate? undecided
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2011
The importance of eye contact in a relationship can't be overdrummed!
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Riskymallam: 7:13pm On Nov 08, 2011
The importance of eye contact is numerous.
I personally like looking people in the eye when talking to them.

And if you are trying to snag or scam me, I'll know either by how you keep trying to evade my gaze.

Or if you can't hold a steady gaze.

1. In a way, It helps your self-esteem. Cos people will see you as a confident person.
2. You can persuade someone into your line of thinking/argument by the way you hold their gaze while you put your points across.
3. It generally shows you are interested in the person.

But there's a catch here, if taken too far might make you come across as either weird or creepy. So seek, for a middle ground ok.
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by jacobadam: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2011
An old Yiddish proverb says, "The eyes are the mirror of the soul", and they are,  cheesy. Eyes can captivate an audience and express what words may not be able to deliver. A word is a word, but a word expressed upon the sincerity of the eyes will allow the words spoken to reach the minds of those they are spoken to. This is why eye contact is important. Eye contact is a non-verbal ability to communicate, and it often equals to our ability to verbally express a thought. Interestingly, we are least aware of our non-verbal communication skills like body language and especially eye contact, yet these non-verbal skills often speak louder than our words. You know in college many students have written an essay on eye contact and its important. When you maintain eye contact, you present an air of confidence in yourself and what you are communicating. People who are listening to what you are saying will take you more seriously, and will take what you say as important. If you lose eye contact or focus on everything else but the person you are speaking to, you may not be taken seriously and the truth in your points may be lost,  grin
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Meklex(m): 8:03am On Nov 09, 2011
I keep a longer eye contacts and I tell you it has its negatives sides, buh me likey when the other person have to look away it gives me the confidence.
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by eghost247(m): 8:24am On Nov 09, 2011
@ those saying u can tell who is lying by eye contact sorry you havent been in contact with some serial liars lol
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 09, 2011
'An eye for an eye', 'eye contact for eye contact'. Lol. I dont like it, but it's good, you look into someone eyes, you look into their soul(d eyes is a mirror to some1's soul).
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by micawber(m): 9:18am On Nov 09, 2011
jacobadam:

An old Yiddish proverb says, "The eyes are the mirror of the soul", and they are,  cheesy. Eyes can captivate an audience and express what words may not be able to deliver. A word is a word, but a word expressed upon the sincerity of the eyes will allow the words spoken to reach the minds of those they are spoken to. This is why eye contact is important. Eye contact is a non-verbal ability to communicate, and it often equals to our ability to verbally express a thought. Interestingly, we are least aware of our non-verbal communication skills like body language and especially eye contact, yet these non-verbal skills often speak louder than our words. You know in college many students have written an essay on eye contact and its important. When you maintain eye contact, you present an air of confidence in yourself and what you are communicating. People who are listening to what you are saying will take you more seriously, and will take what you say as important. If you lose eye contact or focus on everything else but the person you are speaking to, you may not be taken seriously and the truth in your points may be lost,  grin

A nice one in bold!
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by seedord247(m): 9:38am On Nov 09, 2011
With eye Contact you can tell if your Girlfriend is cheating on You.
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Sijo01(f): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2011
seedord247:

With eye Contact you can tell if your Boyfriend is cheating on You.

Edited!
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by freecocoa(f): 9:53am On Nov 09, 2011
That thing about knowing what someone is up to by looking into the person's eye is not always true o,believe me some people can feign almost everything.

I normally can't look people in the eye except I'm very comfy with them(tend to get shy) the only persons I really like keeping eye contact with are My dad,my besty,my siblings,I can easily tell when are\want to lie. My ex was good at keeping eye contact but trust me you can never know what was in there.
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 09, 2011
That thing about knowing what someone is up to by looking into the person's eye is not always true o,believe me some people can feign almost everything.

I normally can't look people in the eye except I'm very comfy with them(tend to get shy) the only persons I really like keeping eye contact with are My dad,my besty,my siblings,I can easily tell when  are\want to lie. My ex was good at keeping eye contact but trust me you can never know what was in there.
[size=14pt]That's because
1. You normally cant look people in the eye and
2. He was the one keeping eye contact, so he was trying to look into you. Not vice versa. Trust me, if you can keep eye contact, you'll see something o! You cant both look into each other's eyes and expect to see the same things. Unless of course you are both squaring and sizing each other up, readying for a fight!. . . wink
[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by freecocoa(f): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]That's because
1. You normally cant look people in the eye and
2. He was the one keeping eye contact, so he was trying to look into you. Not vice versa. Trust me, if you can keep eye contact, you'll see something o! You cant both look into each other's eyes and expect to see the same things. Unless of course you are both squaring and sizing each other up readying for a fight!. . . wink
[/size]

Learn to read well before you reply.
I normally don't look people in the eye"EXCEPT" didn't you see that? I'm talking about someone I shared intimacy with,with whom can I possibly be more comfy? I'm just trying to say that people can fake it,If you doubt make we try and see.
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 09, 2011
Learn to read well before you reply.
I normally don't look people in the eye"EXCEPT" didn't you see that? I'm talking about someone I shared intimacy with,with whom can I possibly be more comfy? I'm just trying to say that people can fake it,If you doubt make we try and see.

I normally can't look people in the eye except I'm very comfy with them(tend to get shy) the only persons I really like keeping eye contact with are My dad,my besty,my siblings,
[size=14pt]Were you discombobulated when you typed that?[/size]
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Parisgoodman(m): 10:54am On Nov 09, 2011
If it's just because of eye contact, some people have won OSCAR N EMMY 4 lying. They are world class actors(talkin from experience)
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Nosyke(m): 10:58am On Nov 09, 2011
sexkillz:

Too big a grammar for a minor case grin grin grin grin grin grin
@Op, Just like many others have said eye contact is very important as it conveys one's confidence level across to his/her audience, it could also be decieving, just like somebody earlier stated, I know somebody that could stare you in the eye and give you a big lie
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by tpia5: 11:08am On Nov 09, 2011
i think it depends on the culture and context. Some cultures do it while others dont.

very important.
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by freecocoa(f): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2011
sexkillz:

You don smoke your usual this early morning abi? Does liking to keep eye contact with these ones mean that they are the only ones I do that with? I may not like keeping eye contact with him but that doesnt mean I didn't do it,matter of fact when you even get comfy with someone, you find out that keeping eye contact with the person wouldn't be hard,you even do it without knowing.

I'll bust your head if you use that disco-whatever word on me again. Alb---- no let me complete am o.
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2011
freecocoa:

You don smoke your usual this early morning abi? Does liking to keep eye contact with these ones mean that they are the only ones I do that with? I may not like keeping eye contact with him but that doesnt mean I didn't do it,matter of fact when you even get comfy with someone, you find out that keeping eye contact with the person wouldn't be hard,you even do it without knowing.

I'll bust your head if you use that disco-whatever word on me again. Alb---- no let me complete am o.
[size=14pt]Did it occur to you that i commented based on what you typed under the influence of errm errm. . .? angry Did a monkey kiss you this morning? tongue[/size]
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by freecocoa(f): 11:24am On Nov 09, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Did it occur to you that i commented based on what you typed under the influence of errm errm. . .? angry Did a monkey kiss you this morning? tongue[/size]
And what did I type that not clear? Yes a monkey kissed me while I was still sleeping so I didn't get a chance to stop the yeye kiss,guess who that very fair monkey whose username starts with S and ends with Z is?
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Nosyke(m): 11:29am On Nov 09, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Did it occur to you that i commented based on what you typed under the influence of errm errm. . .? >:( Did a monkey kiss you this morning? tongue[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, Mehn, you are very funny, from big grammar to the bolded, freecocoa, you are in for it today
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by freecocoa(f): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2011
Nosyke:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, Mehn, you are very funny, from big grammar to the bolded, freecocoa, you are in for it today
He knows I'm not scared of him and his nansense grammar,I'm not in for anything joor,let him bring it on,killz I no fear you,taa.
Re: The Importance Of Eye Contact by Benzora(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2011
In gambling you can always use the eyes to see what card the other gamblers are holding. It always a split second thing!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

18+ How I Became Sex Slave To My Uncle. Pt1 / Its Been Long SOP HAD SEX / Moment A Curvy Bridesmaid Fell Doing Legwork Putting Her Laps To Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.