Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,432 members, 7,781,264 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:27 AM

Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors (3808 Views)

Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency / Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by nwaigbomg(m): 1:26am On Nov 09, 2011
Imo to attract N150bn investments
From  VAL OKARA, Owerri
Wednesday, November 09 , 2011

More Stories on This Section

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has said his administration would attract over N150 billion investments into the state at the end of his tenure.
Okorocha, who dropped the hint yesterday  during an interactive session with correspondents  of the Nigeria Union of Journalists  in Owerri, disclosed that some foreign investors from the United States and Asia had signified interest to invest in the Imo Plantation (former Adapalm Plantation).

On some  of the uncompleted  projects  embarked upon by the immediate administration of  Chief Ikedi Ohakim, Okorocha assured that government would  complete them but, not without  renegotiation with the contractors currently handling the project.

He alleged that some of the contracts were highly inflated, describing the N7.5 billion fly over bridge under construction in the state as outrageous . According  to him, Ohakim had already  paid N1.3 billion  out of N2.3b  to the contractor handling the Ahiajoku convention  centre still under construction and  hurriedly commissioned the project, stressing that the centre could be constructed with the sum of N600 million.

He pointed out that  the cost of governance  in the state had cut down to near zero to provide infrastructure  and democracy dividends to various parts of the state.
He further  reassured the people of the state that the free education of the present  administration  was still on course as government had commenced the building of 305 modern primary schools and each to be cited  in one ward in the state.
He also disclosed that plans had been concluded to commence the building  of 27 new general hospitals in the 27 council areas of the state.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/politics/2011/nov/09/politics-09-11-2011-003.html
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Fhemmmy: 1:29am On Nov 09, 2011
Talk is cheap . . . .when will all these leaders actually act and not just talk?
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by ak47mann(m): 1:34am On Nov 09, 2011
rochas talk but deliver he is doing very well cool
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Kobojunkie: 1:46am On Nov 09, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Talk is cheap . . . .when will all these leaders actually act and not just talk?

I am with you. Delivering on this sort of promise is not same as spending state money on school fees, uniforms and pocket money for kids. This one, I would rather wait to see. Na so Fashola talk say im go deliver this and that for Lagos. 5 years later, we are still waiting to see it all come together. grin
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by ektbear: 1:50am On Nov 09, 2011
Good talk. Just make it reality
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by kelz88(f): 2:22am On Nov 09, 2011
He's been good so far. . . .compared to some of the others.

I hope he delivers.
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by EkoIle1: 2:26am On Nov 09, 2011
These people on the other side of the Niger and their ridiculous and laughable internet page proclamations,

I remember the deceptive yarns they spewed after his globe trotting to Japan and other countries,

Rochas met with Mr Sasaki and Mr Sasaki promised to invest in Imo state

Rochas met with Mr Iwamoto and Mr Iwamoto promised to invest in Imo state

Rochas met with Mr Nagasaki and Mr Nagasaki promised to invest in Imo state

Rochas met with Mr Suzuki and Mr Suzuki promised to invest in Imo state

Rochas met with Mr Gorimapa and Mr Gorimapa promised to invest in Imo state

LMAO, it was like some weird comedy script,
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by xtianh(m): 8:09am On Nov 09, 2011
Gov. Eko-ile also spoke with Osama bin ladin and promised 2 invest nd pay his bills nd take of d rest of his life,
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Otunne1: 8:20am On Nov 09, 2011
xtianh:

Gov. Eko-ile also spoke with Osama bin ladin and promised 2 invest nd pay his bills nd take of d rest of his life,
xtianh:

no mind am rochas go kill am
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by micawber(m): 9:17am On Nov 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

These people on the other side of the Niger and their ridiculous and laughable internet page proclamations,

I remember the deceptive yarns they spewed after his globe trotting to Japan and other countries,

When will Rochas stop fooling us in this state with his paid advertisers?
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by sheyguy: 9:40am On Nov 09, 2011
nwaigbo_mg:

Imo to attract N150bn investments
From  VAL OKARA, Owerri
Wednesday, November 09 , 2011

More Stories on This Section

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has said his administration would attract over N150 billion investments into the state at the end of his tenure.
Okorocha, who dropped the hint yesterday  during an interactive session with correspondents  of the Nigeria Union of Journalists  in Owerri, disclosed that some foreign investors from the United States and Asia had signified interest to invest in the Imo Plantation (former Adapalm Plantation).

On some  of the uncompleted  projects  embarked upon by the immediate administration of  Chief Ikedi Ohakim, Okorocha assured that government would  complete them but, not without  renegotiation with the contractors currently handling the project.

He alleged that some of the contracts were highly inflated, describing the N7.5 billion fly over bridge under construction in the state as outrageous . According  to him, Ohakim had already  paid N1.3 billion  out of N2.3b  to the contractor handling the Ahiajoku convention  centre still under construction and  hurriedly commissioned the project, stressing that the centre could be constructed with the sum of N600 million.

He pointed out that  the cost of governance  in the state had cut down to near zero to provide infrastructure  and democracy dividends to various parts of the state.
He further  reassured the people of the state that the free education of the present  administration  was still on course as government had commenced the building of 305 modern primary schools and each to be cited  in one ward in the state.
He also disclosed that plans had been concluded to commence the building  of 27 new general hospitals in the 27 council areas of the state.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/politics/2011/nov/09/politics-09-11-2011-003.html

[size=36pt]AMEN!!![/size]
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Okijajuju1(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2011
Rochas!!

Entertainment governor of the present political era!! grin

All talk and no action!!
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by bros12345: 10:54am On Nov 09, 2011
I was among those who campaingned actively for rochas, both online and offline. But to be honest, I am getting disappointed in this guy. What is the mystery of Nigerian politics that it can take the most saint and turn him into a devil?
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Torch1(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2011
micawber:

who is us, learn how to speak for urself. Just within 5months in his office, he has fooled you then you must be a fool, Onye obi akpor. Give him a chance to finish his tenure b4 concluding whether he has fooled u(not us)
bros12345:

I was among those who campaingned actively for rochas, both online and offline. But to be honest, I am getting disappointed in this guy. What is the mystery of Nigerian politics that it can take the most saint and turn him into a devil?
how? Do you think he is Merlin when you campaigned 4 him, Sycophants!
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2011
Okija_juju:

Rochas!!

Entertainment governor of the present political era!!  grin

All talk and no action!!
Eko Ile:

Otu nne link=topic=799165.msg9511384#msg9511384 date=1320823236:

no mind am rochas go kill am
micawber:

i have been in imo state and i advise you guys to shut your a*s*s mouth up
the man has change the face of imo state for good
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by EEngineer1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am with you. Delivering on this sort of promise is not same as spending state money on school fees, uniforms and pocket money for kids. This one, I would rather wait to see. Na so Fashola talk say im go deliver this and that for Lagos. 5 years later, we are still waiting to see it all come together. grin

hey junkie, be careful what u say, so u can tell me that fashola has done nuttin for lagos, that is just preposterous

lagosians are enjoying more hours of constant electricity because of his independent power projects, the road traffic situation has been improved a bit and the monorail project will soon decongest road traffic completely
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by demmy8: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
Nigerians Please click on this link, to like this picture to put Nigeria on the world great scene again thanks
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=309160292443937&set=pu.127636357262999&type=1&permPage=1
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by xtianh(m): 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2011
Most people talking about against Rochas i just laugh at ur post simply cus u dnt knw wht abt. My question is hv u ever travelled Imo state b4? Are u an indigen of the state? Do u hv anybody studying in state at secondary or primary level? Is ur father a pensioneer or any of ur relation in the state? Answer question first, I notice that most of u are in other states and bcs u hve internet nd the best u can use it is to come here and type rubish about things dt u dnt knw anything abt
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2011
E-Engineer:

hey junkie, be careful what u say, so u can tell me that fashola has done nuttin for lagos, that is just preposterous

lagosians are enjoying more hours of constant electricity because of his independent power projects, the road traffic situation has been improved a bit and the monorail project will soon decongest road traffic completely

If you get problem with English, I suggest you head straight back to school.
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by xtianh(m): 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
@kobo u are so ingnorant dt u cant answer a simple question. I suggest u get urself a private hme english teacher,sorry (no offence)
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by chino11(m): 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2011
Welcome Nigerian talking governor, zero action grin
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by HighChief4(m): 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
Does anyone still argue with Kobojunkie these days?

@OP----Rochas keeps giving me reasons to love him the more, Imo people are lucky
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by yommysomguy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2011
Who needs home teacher now?
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by manny4life(m): 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2011
Torch1:

who is us, learn how to speak for urself. Just within 5months in his office, he has fooled you then you must be a fool, Onye obi akpor. Give him a chance to finish his tenure b4 concluding whether he has fooled u(not us) how? Do you think he is [size=16pt]Merlin [/size]when you campaigned 4 him, Sycophants!

Damn, that was funny. I really enjoyed the program, I'm so happy that season 4 to come out, I guess Mr. Gov. was indeed Merlin, Perform beyond the-ordinary stuff his his magical wand.

High_Chief:

Does anyone still argue with Kobojunkie these days?

@OP----Rochas keeps giving me reasons to love him the more, Imo people are lucky

Good question, anyone arguing with Kobo is either daft slow or not serious or better yet new on the forum
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Okijajuju1(m): 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
Imo State must be as backwards and underdeveloped as Ekiti State for them to be celebrating a mediocre like Rochas Okorocha. . .

Let us recap his Administrations achievements so far;

- Free basic Education (It was suppose to be free in the first place)
- Free Kerosene (Bought with tax payers money, yet he says the states tresury was emptied by Ohakim)
- 20,000 Naira minimum wage (Now after accusing Ohakim of inflating contracts and empting the states accounts, he now has excess funds to pay all civil servants 20,000Naira minimum wage, yet the states IGR has not improved)
- Primary & Secondary school pupils salary. 100 & 150 Naira per month (This is the most retarded thing he has done since inception as governor. Also a reoccuring expenditure that will run for 4 years and provide him with an avenue to loot Imo state dry).
- Sending 60 Student on a 6 months all-expense paid vacation a.k.a exchange program in the United states at a cost of over 500 million Naira. Meanwhile Imo state university is still a run-down institution.
- Barely 100 days in office, and he organized a retreat for himself and all members of his cabinet to Nike Lake resort, Enugu. I wonder what that was about because he has yet to tarr one road in Owerri since his inception. And I also wonder why a retreat in another mans state when he brags that Imo state is the leader in tourism in Nigeria.
- Assembled a group of jokers as his cabinet members and creating rediculous offices in his cabinet, e.g Commisioner for Lagos state affairs and Chief Comedian of the State (or a court jester).  grin

Please feel free to enlighten me on his achievements after 100 days in office so I can understand why the hype!
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by chino11(m): 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2011
The guys governor is a mega failure. He does not have focus. Am sure it was because of Ikemba Nnewi sympathy and Anambra influence that gave him the government house. Imagine appointing a chief comedian and 'lagos' affair as commissioners, it goes to show his shallowness in the business of governance, economy management and his mockery approach towards leading a state.
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by xtianh(m): 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2011
@okija juju or wat do u call urself ur gov.hs spent mre thn 4years in office bt 80% of ur road are nt motorable despite all d huge amount he collects 4rm Fg which is 4tyms mre than wht rochas get. Wht a shame,
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Okijajuju1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2011
xtianh:

@okija juju or wat do u call urself your gov.hs spent mre thn 4years in office bt 80% of your road are nt motorable despite all d huge amount he collects 4rm Fg which is 4tyms mre than wht rochas get. Wht a shame,

Good Day sir

Please who is this my Governor you are reffering to? Just so I know we are on the same frequency
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Areosapien(f): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2011
It's very funny that the bulk of people spewing garbage on this thread are people who have never stepped foot into Imo state, or even ever stayed there for a while.
Now, the question is, should these 'Google Nigerians' even be taken seriously?
Well, looks like it's an emphatic NO on this one. Ah well.
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Chyz2: 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2011
chino11:

The guys governor is a mega failure. He does not have focus. Am sure it was because of Ikemba Nnewi sympathy and Anambra influence that gave him the government house. Imagine appointing a chief comedian and 'lagos' affair as commissioners, it goes to show his shallowness in the business of governance, economy management and his mockery approach towards leading a state.

Alj haram u dey funny with your fake ID ooo. I been noticing you are not Igbo since. BTW, what is your obsession with anambra state? That is the first place you claimed when you were saying you are half Igbo, you opened up a tread abt Anambra should be the Manufacturing hub of nigeria, you have Udoka Estate,Anam under your Chino name to "prove" youre Igbo. I dey laugh. I like the way how you are trying to been anambra Igbo against other igbos as if we dont love our brothers. U be funny boy, the maga of mugu! grin
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Kobojunkie: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2011
Okija_juju:

Let us recap his Administrations achievements so far;

- Free basic Education (It was suppose to be free in the first place)
- Free Kerosene (Bought with tax payers money, yet he says the states tresury was emptied by Ohakim)
- 20,000 Naira minimum wage (Now after accusing Ohakim of inflating contracts and empting the states accounts, he now has excess funds to pay all civil servants 20,000Naira minimum wage, yet the states IGR has not improved)
- Primary & Secondary school pupils salary. 100 & 150 Naira per month (This is the most slow thing he has done since inception as governor. Also a reoccuring expenditure that will run for 4 years and provide him with an avenue to loot Imo state dry).
- Sending 60 Student on a 6 months all-expense paid vacation a.k.a exchange program in the United states at a cost of over 500 million Naira. Meanwhile Imo state university is still a run-down institution.
- Barely 100 days in office, and he organized a retreat for himself and all members of his cabinet to Nike Lake resort, Enugu. I wonder what that was about because he has yet to tarr one road in Owerri since his inception. And I also wonder why a retreat in another mans state when he brags that Imo state is the leader in tourism in Nigeria.
- Assembled a group of jokers as his cabinet members and creating rediculous offices in his cabinet, e.g Commisioner for Lagos state affairs and Chief Comedian of the State (or a court jester).  grin

Like I said, the man has shown he knows how to spend money belonging to the state/people. Will wait to see if he knows how to bring money on as he spends em.  grin
Re: Imo To Attract N150bn Investments From Investors by Areosapien(f): 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2011
It's very funny that the bulk of people spewing garbage on this thread are people who have never stepped foot into Imo state, or even ever stayed there for a while.
Now, the question is, should these 'Google Nigerians' even be taken seriously?
Well, looks like it's an emphatic NO on this one. Ah well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndlea Arrests Pakistani With N120m Heroin / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu's Surgery Successful In America / : DISGRACE! Nigerian House Of Reps Fight Over Rebelling Governors [vid + Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.