Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Music Reality Shows: Who's Got More Money? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Reality Shows: Who's Got More Money? (873 Views)

A Nigerian Making Wave In Super Hit Indian Music Reality Show. / Nigerian Music Reality Tv Shows Are Nothing But Creativity Killing Shows!!! / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Music Reality Shows: Who's Got More Money? by Emperoh(m): 9:04am On Nov 09, 2011
Who’s got More Whips?

Yes, it is the season of reality TV shows. The whole media space is agog with one singing contest or the next one of people living in jungles and climbing hills. The Nigerian youth population can really count themselves lucky of having so many to choose from; something really to keep them busy and not just being busy, some will have their careers given a strong push and then the beautiful aspect, you turn a diva over night and then lots of cash to go with it.
But I just developed this attitude of talking to myself. In one of those moods this naughty question pops up; which pays the most of all the music reality shows in town? Ok, before you start lacing up grammar in the name of argument, I want to set the modalities and give you reasons for my choice. Assuming you were assured of winning any of the on-going shows you enter for, of all the music reality shows currently shoving each other for space, which one do you consider will be more rewarding in whatever terms; money, fame, future etc? However, my major concentration here is money.

Naija Sings, Project Fame, Nigerian Idols? All of them have lots of money but I just feel Nigerian Idols gives something special.

Ok, taking them one after the other, let us analyze what really makes each one of them tick.
The winner of this year’s edition of Project Fame will go home with a fantastic recording contract, N2.5m in his/her bank and a brand new Toyota RAV4. Now, let us assume that the Rav4 is worth N5.5m. The 1st runner up gets to go home with N1.5m and a Toyota Corolla (we assume this is worth another 3.5m) while the 2nd runner gets N1m and a Toyota Yaris (2.5m). In addition the top 6 contestants get to work with Nigeria’s leading producer on their own compositions and release a group song!

Ok, the organiser has everything for all participants but the winner is actually getting an automobile worth much more than the prize money. I really cannot say if this is the best but I am not out here to critique as every organiser knows why these figures were arrived at but I would think that the investment in a depreciating asset could have been toned down on and then add that to the prize money or the recording contract. But the figures above actually show us that in individual take home, Project fame is the lowest.

Naija Sings comes next to mind. The winner of this competition is smiling to the Bank with a cool $100,000.00 (one hundred thousand naira) and a brand new SUV plus a possible feature in the hall of fame and fortune. This is mouth watering. But I am not sure if any mention was made for the after event life of the winner. What opportunity does the Naija Sings platform give the winner? Money is good but it is the things that money cannot buy that make the difference. So I may not take this as the best on offer yet.

Piping down to Nigerian Idols, this is one international brand I think a lot of you will be ogling at. I mean who would not mind a duet or being mentioned on the same page as Jenifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks and a host of other internationally acclaimed stars Idols have unearthed and are super stars in their own regard today. I mean, who would not want the sort of exposure that Yeka Onka got in the past one year. And guess what, a contract with Sony BMG! That’s the ‘ish’ if you ask me. Now add a hundred thousand dollars to that (that’s roughly sixteen million naira) and then you will be asking yourself if there is a better way for a budding talent to start his/her career.
For idols, it is not just about the money, the international exposure gives you something most other shows will only dream of. The Idols brand is not a local one. It is recognized internationally hence you do be sure that whatever comes out of it will surely be of great quality.

So if you no sabi sing, I do bet after looking at the figures, you will be asking for an artificial method of singing so you feature and win the Nigerian Idols. Don’t worry, the Babalawo’s will not go hungry they are waiting; but thou shall not be found out. That is the eleventh commandment!

So, what do you guys think? Let’s have your inputs!
Re: Music Reality Shows: Who's Got More Money? by Afam4eva(m): 9:34am On Nov 09, 2011
I think pop idols has more reward because it's a franchise that's not originally Nigerian but I'm not sure they're capable of giving the kind of exposure that one would have envisioned. For instance, the first winner of west African idol is still struggling to stamp his name in the music industry.
Re: Music Reality Shows: Who's Got More Money? by Emperoh(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2011
Don't know much about the WA Idols winner
But i sure know Yeka Onka the Nigerian Idols lady has been doing some work with BMG.
She had a show with Timi at O2 Arena just last month during the reunion of the Shelama group of the 70s!

Was quite a showing. Her album is coming in as well!!

(1) (Reply)

Tuface Prodigy / Meaning Of Singles / Azonto Finale By Akor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.