Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist (27702 Views)

Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria? / Nigerians Are Making Money On Google Trader. Don't Miss Out / 'I'm Cool With Google Trader' – Seun Osewa, Nairalist Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Seun(m): 4:15pm On Nov 09, 2011
Check out Google Trader Nigeria, Google Nigeria's answer to Dealfish Nigeria, Tradestable Nigeria, and our recently frozen sister site, Nairalist.  What do you think?
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by begwong: 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
Seun:

Check out Google Trader Nigeria, Google Nigeria's answer to Dealfish Nigeria, Tradestable Nigeria, and our recently frozen sister site, Nairalist. What do you think?
WHY WAS THE SISTER SITE FROZEN?
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by NET1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2011
begwong:

WHY WAS THE SISTER SITE FROZEN?

I was about to ask the same question.
.NET
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Seun(m): 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2011
Answer: insufficient return on effort. However, this thread is about Google Trader Nigeria.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by twinstaiye(m): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
Google seems to want to be everywhere, I was taken aback as to why they want to start Google Trader Nigeria. I wont be surprised if one day, they signify intention to compete with Nairaland with Google Nigeria Forum or better still buy Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Pikephase(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2011
Seun, Can you please explain how the google Trader Nigeria works and how subscribers can take advantage of
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by phuckNL: 4:36pm On Nov 09, 2011
twinstaiye:

Google seems to want to be everywhere, I was taken aback as to why they want to start Google Trader Nigeria. I wont be surprised if one day, they signify intention to compete with Nairaland with Google Nigeria Forum or better still buy Nairaland

nairaland doesnt even have up to a million members yet so i can assure you they wont be buying anytime soon
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Afam4eva(m): 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2011
Seun, what happened to Nairalist now? We need it back or sell it to me,
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Afam4eva(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2011
I just checked Google trader out and it seems pretty cool and simple to use. I like the way google is taking Nigeria serious. Paypal should take note. Google anyi na ekele gi.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by doctokwus: 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2011
Jst browsed d site& am not impressed.Nairalist had a better layout.
Seun what do u mean little return on effort?U cud av trudgered on bc Nlist was doing quite fine,it was d best trading site & wud av returned enough effort if u had d patience
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by occam(m): 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2011
Looks cool but with slow internet connectivity and low desktop internet usage the audience may not be there yet.  A mobile version will be required to reach more people, since more Nigerians connect to the internet via mobile devices
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by appleton: 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2011
I wont be surprised when Google Trader start to display 'google adsense'

Mark my words.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by sevule(m): 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
Seun do you want to take Nairalist offline? I truly believe that would be a very big mistake. You do realise that Rome was not built in one day. I think you should exercise some patience and eventually Nairalist would become profitable
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by zenus(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
Good things are coming to Naija
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by marocguy(m): 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2011
sombody shud hit me up wit this site. Google wud one day conduct elections 4 our majorely I.T ignorant populace. The way they keep going. Anyway,no comments
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by felucci(m): 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2011
I'm surprised you refer to Nairalist as Frozen. @Seun what really happened?
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by JUO(m): 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2011
where can buy 24 series original cd in naija?
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Dsense(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2011
marocguy:

sombody shud hit me up wit this site. Google wud one day conduct elections 4 our majorely I.T ignorant populace. The way they keep going. Anyway,no comments
Isn't that a good thing . .  .Atleast what we have been dreaming of/hmmmmm ??/

Seun,
If you really want to win the battle . .just accept any good offer from any firm to own your website (Nairalist) . .Believe me this is what you should have done way long. Or you re probably going to . . . . undecided
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2011
afam4eva:

I just checked Google trader out and it seems pretty cool and simple to use. I like the way google is taking Nigeria serious. Paypal should take note. Google anyi na ekele gi.

It looks like a Dealfish clone. Hahaha.

I'll be watching from the sidelines for now.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Pennywise(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2011
Its going to be a heaven for car thieves. No VIN required.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by toluxa1(m): 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
The site looks too simple for my liking. Dont know whether or not that is a good thing. My homepage is google.com and as I launched my browser I saw it on their site. Didnt take it seriously until i came to nairaland (first site I always visit when online), and saw the homepage. These google guys, hmm, I wont say what is on my mind.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Afam4eva(m): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2011
toluxa1:

The site looks too simple for my liking. Dont know whether or not that is a good thing. My homepage is google.com and as I launched my browser I saw it on their site. Didnt take it seriously until i came to nairaland (first site I always visit when online), and saw the homepage. These google guys, hmm, I wont say what is on my mind.

That's google watch word. Simplicty is the way to go. It makes the website easily navigable and generally easy to use.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by feasy1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2011
This is a step in the right direction for Nigeria, Tradestable owners, SCM Ventures AB owns fleet of websites/companies of such not limited to blocket.se, the one stop shop for getting stuffs online in Sweden in those days, competing with dealfish, google trader and some others booting to launch, will be interesting to see how events unfold.

Seun, must have checked the books and concluded its best to pivot per nairalist.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by NET1(m): 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2011
With the way these google peeps are going, they might soon take over all the businesses in this country. Afraid dey catch me o.
First, it was GNBO, now Google Trader, who knows what's next? Maybe, they'll soon be conducting elections for us.

.NET
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by possicon: 7:22pm On Nov 09, 2011
The Market is saturated. For those who think Google is eating young Entrepreneurs' lunch tell the young guys to go start something innovative. Google seem to be interested in the easy to do, proven model. Let's go solve our problem and monetize it. We can give Google a run for its money like they did in China.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2011
So does this thread mean we are being advised to forget about Nairalist ever coming up again? undecided undecided
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2011
I love the simplicity! I think it's a good thing that they're offering such service to naija, Hope paypal and other company would take us serious. They're not sucking out young business for God sake, internet business is all about risk and investment, if google could invest $30million on a website, then nairaland that invested $1000 should not try to compete with them, because it's definitely a no win game, and by the way for those complaining about google owing much property, it might be of relief for you to know that www.google.com.ng is being monitored by an anonymous Nigeria company owned by a Nigerian based in the ireland.
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by iwantto(m): 7:48pm On Nov 09, 2011
Google trader will definitely seize a sizable amount of traffic from all already existing classified listing websites including dealfish
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by executinal(m): 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
This is good,
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by smile4kenn(m): 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2011
shit,

google is crazy why competing with nigerian classifieds, I hope they shut down sooner than later,
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by alpontif(m): 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2011
google trader is going to kill dealfish, and tradestable if care is not taken, it is soooo easy to use,
Re: Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist by aieromon(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2011
There's enough room for everyone.The site is pretty simple but they need to take a cue from dealfish because the information being posted by the advertiser is not explicit enough.

Oh,nairalist embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote: I'm Worth Much More Than Oprah Winfrey! / Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story / Help! Money Keeps Disappearing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.