Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? (5731 Views)

The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! / The Best Things In Life Are Free? / Is Life Really Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by nuela100(f): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
We all must have heard the popular saying the best things in life are free but there's an arguement to this.
Some people say happiness and love are one of the best things and are free while some say love is not free cos u need to give love to get love, and happiness can't be achieved without money but i think real love requires no expectations and happiness is a state of the mind.
Pls i just wanna know ur views on this
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by Parisgoodman(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2011
The truth is some things are natural just like the few u'v mentioned above. U don't really give love 2 get love unless its selfishand u have it in mind 2 expect somtin in return. Hapiness on the other is truly a state of mind. Here's a German proverb ''Die reinste freude ist die schaden freud------The purest joy is d joy we in other people's trouble.

1 Like

Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by nuela100(f): 7:19am On Nov 10, 2011
I think i agree with u
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by iice(f): 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2011
Some things probably. Somethings are not so free but when you get them. . .it's great.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by ashiri1: 4:29pm On Nov 10, 2011
not really.

BUT P/USS/Y IS FREE AND ITS ONE OF THE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by MrCork17: 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2011
puuuny aint freee. is it? angry
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by ashiri1: 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2011
Mr, Cork:

puuuny aint freee. is it? angry

It is absolutely free. men can only pay for it on compasionate ground.
just know how to lie and talk well. thats a promissory note for an instant F/UCK
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by badmrkt(m): 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2011
is life not a good thing?
has anyone ever bought it with money or any other means of exchange?
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by cantell(m): 4:43pm On Nov 10, 2011
badmrkt:

Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by oneuniquemind(m): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2011
D air we breath isnt paid for.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by cantell(m): 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2011
badmrkt:

Bro, wait till you're kidnapped. You'll see how much you're worth.lol
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by biilwwu(m): 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2011
The best thing in life is salvation and is free, it had been paid for by someone who love us, two thousands years ago.
JESUS.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by highland(m): 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2011
Yes.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by IbroSaunks(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2011
basically its user discretion
before anyone answers that question, they need to ask: "what are the best things in life" people have varying opinions about the answer to that question.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by FlyboyZee: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2011
@Mr. Cork,
compare the plessure you enjoy from a free p_u_nny with that from a paid-up p_u_nny. the difference will will definitaly prove to you that the best things in life are isuallu FREE. LOL!!! Haaaaa aaaaah.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2011
I BELIEVE SO TOO.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by nuela100(f): 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2011
Flyboy Zee:

@Mr. Cork,
compare the plessure you enjoy from a free p_u_nny with that from a paid-up p_u_nny. the difference will will definitaly prove to you that the best things in life are isuallu FREE. LOL!!! Haaaaa aaaaah.
so it's true guys think about sex every seven seconds.we r talking abt the best things in life and all ur emphasis is on sex
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by BoOOosHBoy: 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2011
The best things in life are free
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by Yorisb: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2011
@OP

Even my Mum would disagree. . .to wit, better soup na money make am!

Xcuse me pass jare!
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by nuela100(f): 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2011
Yorisb:

@OP

Even my Mum would disagree. . .to wit, better soup na money make am!

Xcuse me pass jare!

we r talking abt the best things in life not necessarily material things
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 10, 2011
The best things in life are not free there are always hidden charges attached to it. For instance salvation for we Christians, most people will argue with me on this but then there is a price you have to pay. To be honest the momentarily joy and satisfaction you get in things of the world are likely the opportunity cost you have to give up to be saved. Love; you may not need to love to be loved but then for how long do you think someone is going to love you unconditional? Let's face it on your part you have to live up to expectation or else that love is going to find someone else. The fact is that somethings may appear to be free but then from the givers end it is actually not free. Coz the giver will always have a need for providing the receiver with the best things.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by godman01(m): 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2011
Are u paying for the air you breathing, the sun you using or the salvation Jesus brought to connect us back to the father and neither did you give any love for Jesus to love you so much to die for you.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2011
"Whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to shop". . . .

My dear NOTHING worthwhile in life is free. Even that which seems free is often the costliest in the long run (that's why the all-knowing Robert Greene advises us to "despise the free lunch"wink. In any case, happiness is an illusion, but it is an illusion with a price tag - hence the role of money in acquiring it. Love is even worse. ALL love is conditional, otherwise no condition, circumstance or justification would be enough for you to withdraw your love from someone. And so if something is conditional, to what extent can you say it is free? ? ?'

So there you have it. Even in Freetown, nothing is free. Or so the saying goes.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by Yorisb: 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2011
nuela100:

we r talking abt the best things in life not necessarily material things

My Dear, of a truth, nothing in life is, indeed FREE regardless. . .and I'd be gobsmacked if u could prove otherwise.

Even to marry ones life partner no be free sef.

Xcuse me pass jor!
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by blasterman(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2011
Why dont u ask Steve Jobs that question and imagine what he will say
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by sheyguy: 7:06pm On Nov 10, 2011
The best things are definitely free. From grace to gift of love to his faithfulness they are all free and we all enjoy them whether u like it or not.
That statement has it meaning rooted in the bible.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2011
Yes, the air I breathe is free. Without it, there will be no life of happiness and love.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by lagcity(m): 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2011
Parisgoodman:

The truth is some things are natural just like the few u'v mentioned above. U don't really give love 2 get love unless its selfishand u have it in mind 2 expect somtin in return. Hapiness on the other is truly a state of mind. Here's a German proverb ''Die reinste freude ist die schaden freud------The purest joy is d joy we in other people's trouble.

wow. Only the Germans can come up with something like this. I dey fear Germans for real.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by lagcity(m): 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2011
nuela100:

[b]so it's true guys think about sex every seven seconds.[/b]we r talking abt the best things in life and all your emphasis is on sex

Yes. it is true. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by 25omega(m): 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2011
Have you ever had to urinate so bad but you couldn't and when you finally get to you get the biggest relief you had ever felt.

Taking a good piss is the best thing in life and it's free.
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by demmy8: 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2011
Nigerians Please Vote this picture to put our name on the world map. To vote click on this Facebook link and click "like" under the picture. Thanks for the love of our fatherland, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=309160292443937&set=a.309159345777365.93310.127636357262999&type=1&theater
Re: Are The Best Things In Life Really Free? by chibaby5(f): 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2011
@tiopic

Yea I guess smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! / Baba Alanu / What Is The Strangest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.