Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Sunnewsonline.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Sunnewsonline.com (6021 Views)

Is Sunnewsonline.net A Shameless Clone Of Sunnewsonline.com? / Sunnewsonline.com Bandwidth Limit Exceeded / Message For Sunnewsonline.com Webmaster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunnewsonline.com by DualCore1: 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2011
Don't worry, it wasn't hacked. Only expect such bad news from our messenger of doom  tongue

Ok, so what is wrong with this people? Year in, year out this site remains as crap as ever. What is stopping these people from moving with trends? What's a news site when people can't make comments on news articles or share the articles?

They are very good at displaying paid ads and just a look at the ad, you know its a scam.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by yawatide(f): 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2011
he he, have you seen the prices they are charging even for online ads?

Sha, I visit them every day because take it or leave it, they are up to date. Because of the quality of the site though, I end up doing a ctrl+F for certain keywords. This is because presentation architecture on the site is sub zero.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by DualCore1: 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2011
Yea I visit everyday too and the site is so narrow-minded I have to focus my eyes on the exact same spot every time to get the juiciest part of the site.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by yawatide(f): 10:33pm On Nov 09, 2011
Let me guess - Sun girl of the day? tongue
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Afam4eva(m): 11:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
That SUN website is qn embarasment. I don't know what they're waiting for before they get something better.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by iGuru1(m): 11:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
kudos to vanguard community website.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by yawatide(f): 1:39am On Nov 10, 2011
for me, it's a tie b/w vanguard and the nation
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Ymodulus: 4:28am On Nov 10, 2011
To be honest i was shocked when i saw vanguards websote. It was the community i think that surprised me. Those guys devote time to the web rather than hardcopy. The community, mobile view is just one in a million. Dont know of desktop.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Gbenge77(m): 10:58am On Nov 10, 2011
Not cool imo.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Bornagain190: 11:29am On Nov 10, 2011
D year date on d website remains ridiculous day in day out. E.g 3911 instead of 2011
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by BoOOosHBoy: 1:10pm On Nov 10, 2011
Bornagain 190:

D year date on d website remains ridiculous day in day out. E.g 3911 instead of 2011
the site needs a new management
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2011
The only reason i visit sunnewsonline everyday is coz i want to see the sungirl and i have made contacts with a few in the past :-) i don't bother with reading the news there coz its boring and less interactive
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2011
It is simply, SUPERB
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by yawatide(f): 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2011
The only reason i visit sunnewsonline everyday is coz i want to see the sungirl and i have made contacts with a few in the past :-)

At least, unlike dual core, you are being honest tongue
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by DualCore1: 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2011
lol
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by llbhuds: 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2011
But atleast dey update der page daily nd relate the info to those who wants to read it.
unlike Nigeriantribune site that can go 2days without being updated.
I beggy make una leave dem jare
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Yeske2(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

Gbam!
Sunnewsonline is so boring.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Yeske2(m): 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

Gbam!
Sunnewsonline is so boring.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by yawatide(f): 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2011
I rarely visit tribune's site cos news from there seldom makes it to my rss feed but I must ask:

Which would you rather prefer? A site that updates news daily but is so poorly architected that it hurts your eyes looking for information past the main news graphic at the top OR a site that is seldom updated but you like to go there in hopes there is news, because the layout lends itself to being user friendly?  Call me weird, but I would go for the latter.  I only visit sun news because I have been doing so for the past 4 years on a daily basis and so it has become a habit for me.  Even when more respected and notable news sites were down, sun news has always been there, like an old soldier.

I will say though that you should give it to sun news because despite its look and feel, one or 2 articles do manage to make it into my rss feed so I guess they must be doing something right.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by muyoto: 9:24pm On Nov 10, 2011
i think in terms of presentation, its a toss between The Nation and the Guardian. Guardian can be an occasional problem for those of us with slow connections but they dey try for their content.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Diligence: 6:41am On Nov 11, 2011
Great news site!
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Slyr0x: 8:15am On Nov 11, 2011
Its either [b]Saharareporters [/b]or [b]234next [/b]for me. .

Sun kor, moon ni cheesy
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by meanman404: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2011
Sunnewsonline .com my morning tea after devotion. Lef am!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by DualCore1: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2011
I dont read all the news in my feed but I havnt seen anything from sunnewsonline on that feed. Its mostly vanguard.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by mikron(m): 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2011
Don't worry, it wasn't hacked. Only expect such bad news from our messenger of doom Tongue

Ok, so what is wrong with this people? Year in, year out this site remains as crap as ever. What is stopping these people from moving with trends? What's a news site when people can't make comments on news articles or share the articles?

They are very good at displaying paid ads and just a look at the ad, you know its a scam.
At least they update their news every day. lets commend them
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by yawatide(f): 7:30pm On Nov 11, 2011
mikron,

At what expense? The combined erosion of my cornea and retina? tongue
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by DualCore1: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2011
mik, i am under no moral obligation to commend people for doing their basic job, moreso when the same job is being done even better by contemporaries. i commend those who go out to add value to the basics. have you seen some pathetic copyrighted images sun uses at times? images with watermarks.
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by BoOOosHBoy: 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2011
Lack of management is their problem
Re: Sunnewsonline.com by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2011
It's the style of news coverage(british tabloid, I guess) that attracts traffic despite their website's poor architecture.

Sometimes I dont know how they get information first before others. They are kind of predictive in some of their coverage.

I also visit first thing in the morning as my tradition.

Bornagain 190:

The date has been fixed. It seems you've not checked recently.

(1) (Reply)

Top 8 Reasons Why Google Adsense Do Not Pay Several Bloggers / How To Start A Whatsapp Tv And Make At Least N50, 000 Monthly / ### Do You Want Peer-to-peer or Biz Website Developed In Less Than 3 Days???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.