Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,917 members, 7,799,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

lets work together - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / lets work together (4065 Views)

The Power Of Togetherness: Christians & Muslims Work Together Against Boko Haram / How Do Free Will And God's Sovereignty Work Together? / All Things May Not Feel Good But They Will Work Together For Good Ultimately. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

lets work together by chrisj2000(m): 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2011
better we work together as brothers or perish together as fools
Re: lets work together by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2011
My friend, an ideal is not bound by formalities of groups and associations - an ideal is meant to be free from isolation or conservatism - it is FREE. forming a group of like minds in atheism will eventually introduce - Control and Conformity which will lead to Rigidity of thought and Actions, unless u wan form atheist cult - it is not ideal
Re: lets work together by Sirniyeh(m): 7:07am On Nov 11, 2011
Church is an organization, a society of cult. Since we all have freedom of choice and association, you can decide to form any or join any. Nothing bad if people of like minds form a group. Forget the name people call it, "Arthiest". It's not the name but the mind, objectives, and determination. God is not moved by the name but by motives. Today the name christian, pastor, bornagain, believer, Jesus, prophet, etc are human inventions. Name is the product of human thought. So dont be discouraged by what educated illiterates say about your decision. I support you. Imagine, all the pioneers of cults in Nigeria, they are all christians but started it with right motive until it later spoilt.
Re: lets work together by chrisj2000(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2011
one people different colours, different ideas and different believes
Re: lets work together by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 17, 2011
chris email me. addy on my profile.
Re: lets work together by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 17, 2011
First off, I'm not an atheist. I think I tend towards agnosticism more than Christianity. With that in mind, isn't your post here contradictory in a sense.

You believe in 'No God' and want to form an association that excludes others agains this belief while accepting peie of the same. Strange, but sounds like religion to me.

I would gladly be a part of any team of Nigerians that accepts people of any beliefs but puts emphasy on the need to develop the human mind, Nigerians to be specific. I do not believe that there's a God somewhere that rewards stupidity and laziness, also I wouldn't believe I'm a product of random occurrence.
Re: lets work together by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2011
so many typos, sorry typing from my phone,
Re: lets work together by kay29000(m): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2012
I am interested in meeting other atheist like me, for discussions. I am not really into forming a formal organization though.
Re: lets work together by Anssybaby(f): 1:26pm On Jan 08, 2012
It is only a fool that says they is no God.
Re: lets work together by kay29000(m): 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2012
To each his own. This is what You believe. And no one is saying there is no higher power, God is in all of us, but you are most likely speaking from a taught thought pattern.
Re: lets work together by alaper: 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2012
I am an ignostic. which means I don't even understand what is meant by god. There is actually no clear definition of what or who god is. I am yet to see one. It is when there is a clear definition of what god is that one can determine whether there is a god or not. Do I qualify to join?
Re: lets work together by kay29000(m): 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2012
Yes.
Re: lets work together by chrisj2000(m): 2:55am On Jan 09, 2012
some questions may never be answered
Re: lets work together by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 09, 2012
Nice. my emails on my profile too.
Re: lets work together by Starlett: 7:37am On Jan 09, 2012
@OP, If you wanna be an atheist so why bother us on the Religion section? Look for any other secular section like Politics or entertainment to post your suggestion!
Re: lets work together by Nimshi: 9:58am On Jan 09, 2012
'Atheist organisation'??

Why?

There're already any number of humanist organisations in Nigeria.

Search for Leo Igwe, for instance, and you'd find a lot of leads.

It sounds somewhat defeatist to have an 'atheist organisaions'; people who have no belief in a deity woul rather gather round a positive theme (somehting Leo Igwe, for instance, has done).
Re: lets work together by tpia5: 11:35am On Jan 09, 2012
This constant whining by atheists about church is so irritating.

You cant do ANYTHING without using church as your point of reference?
Re: lets work together by tpia5: 11:37am On Jan 09, 2012
Why dont you say what's really bugging you- namely that you feel hollow deep down.
Re: lets work together by chrisj2000(m): 2:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
some answers may never reach universal acceptance
Re: lets work together by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
"Lets Form Atheist Organization In Nigeria[b] As They Have Them In Western Countries[/b]"

So because they have them in Western countries, we should have them in Nigeria as well undecided undecided

See how you guys keep follow following the White Man's religion , hahaha grin grin grin
Re: lets work together by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
but i thought atheism was not an organised religion? grin
Re: lets work together by plaetton: 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2012
Hhhmm. I have mixed feelings about this idea.
First, forming an organization for the sole purpose of discountenancing an entrenched beilief may sound like forming another belief system,aka religion. But at the same time, we are all witnesses to the havoc that religion is wrecking on our nation mentally(fear, superstition and confusion and low IQ), economically(financial robbery in the form of tithes and other sundry levies) and physically(death and destrcuction by religious fanatics). Should we just look away and remain passive, or present to the captive masses ,an alternative worldview? In Nigeria, we are all affected one way or the other by the relgious beiliefs of others around us, and ofetn we endure the insults and opt to suffer silence. Should we fight back with the only weapon availabale to us-Reason? Would an ahties orgnaization not just become another competing religion?
I would support such if it functions in the form a humanist intstitute whose primary purpose is to enlighten and educate anyone willing and open to new ideas. Such an organisation can open bookshops where seekers can find enlightening books to read. Such an organisation can organise lessons and lectures in philosophy, history, archeaology and scientific trends.
Re: lets work together by DeepSight(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
^ Supported. If you are game, hit me at 88888@gmail.com and we can jaw jaw on developing such a centre.

Name: The African Humanist Centre for Knowledge and Enlightenment

Let's do it!
Re: lets work together by DeepSight(m): 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
. . . .on second thoughts "for knowledge and enlightenment" is presumptuous. Very presumptuous. So perhaps just "The African Humanist [and Knowledge Development?] Centre"?
Re: lets work together by tpia5: 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2012
You want to set both christians and muslims free but you posted only in the christian section.

Are you alright?
Re: lets work together by plaetton: 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

^ Supported. If you are game, hit me at , and we can jaw jaw on developing such a centre.

Name: The African Humanist Centre for Knowledge and Enlightenment

Let's do it!
Yea. Its an idea whose time is ripe. I 'll get back to you and we shall discuss bring this idea to fruition.
Re: lets work together by DeepSight(m): 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2012
Ok, pls delete the email addy in your quote, cheers.
Re: lets work together by chrisj2000(m): 2:00am On Jan 10, 2012
where do we go from here?
Re: lets work together by chrisj2000(m): 2:02am On Jan 10, 2012
the universe is endless
Re: lets work together by chrisj2000(m): 3:11am On Jan 10, 2012
today we eat and drink, tomorrow we're gone
Re: lets work together by plaetton: 4:03am On Jan 10, 2012
Well ,you have got a handful people already interested. How do you want to begin?
Re: lets work together by chrisj2000(m): 5:56am On Jan 10, 2012
some questions may never be answered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

About John. D. Rockefeller, The Richest Man Ever Since King Solomon / Prof James Wood. From Psychopathic Atheist To Evangelist. Total Transformation / Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.