Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? (9923 Views)

What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Toonice(m): 8:48am On Nov 11, 2011
Help Ironing Your Wife Clothes: Is It Part Of Help In The House?

We are getting ready for office this morning and i try to iron my cloth, and my wife ask me to iron her own too.

My wife ask me to help her to iron her cloth, while she take care of some others job in the house.

But I refuse to help cause I have done some other jobs in the house too.

Now she started talking rubbish, that helping ironing her cloth while she get busy doing some other stuff in the house is part of my obligation which i denied.

Please house especially Married men, did u help your wife to iron her cloth while she get busy preparing your food or doing some other homeworks?
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Plutarch: 9:11am On Nov 11, 2011
Whatz d big deal ironing her clothes when u can do it. Being bossy and arrogant is not how to be a man. Rather being responsible,loving,understanding and knowing when 'less is more'.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Toonice(m): 10:34am On Nov 11, 2011
Plutarch:

Whatz d big deal ironing her clothes when u can do it. Being bossy and arrogant is not how to be a man. Rather being responsible,loving,understanding and knowing when 'less is more'.

Eventhough ur reply was some r embarrassing but thank anyway.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Plutarch: 10:57am On Nov 11, 2011
Am sorry if i sound so. Never meant it so.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by iaabc(f): 11:13am On Nov 11, 2011
honestly I do not understand why this should even be an issue, what is the big deal with helping your wife out, does it not form part of the promise of taking care of her till death do you part. Love your wife and take care of her. She wasn'' loafing around while you did the ironing according to you, so why not.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by jumie(f): 11:17am On Nov 11, 2011
Toonice:

We are getting ready for office this morning and i try to iron my cloth, and my wife ask me to iron her own too.

My wife ask me to help her to iron her cloth, while she take care of some others job in the house.

But i refuse to help cause i hv done some other jobs in the house too.

Now she started talking rubbish, that helping ironing her cloth while she get busy doing some other stuff in the house is part of my obligation which i denied.

Please house especially Married men, did u help your wife to iron her cloth while she get busy prepaying your food or doing some other homeworks?

Your wife probably washes your clothes, prepares your food, takes care of your kids, does some wifly duties for you, makes your bed, lends you money if you are broke (sometimes), tidies your wardrobe, etc and you cannot do something as little as helping her iron her own clothes? I feel for your wife o! What a hubby she has got?
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by kokoye(m): 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2011
What's wrong with you helping her to do ANYTHING?

I thought you are supposed to be a team.

What's wrong with you iron her clothes even if she's resting . . aint she your wife to love, take care of and cherish?

Nigerian men in naija, we need to get out of this mentality. Seriously.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by N101: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
@ Toonice

Question: did you buy your wife from her parents, or did they sell her to you? If that is the case, then I don't blame you for wanting to get your moneys-worth.

However, if you met her, grew to love her and married her, then this shouldn't even be an issue for discussion.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2011
My hubby does ironing, Vacuuming, lawn( summer only)but we hire people to do the leaves on fall and snow clearing , fill both cars gas tank on Sundays (dont have time to buy gas on weekdays cos i m always rushing), these things take a lot of weight off my shoulder cos i ve got a LOT to do, cooking , constant cleaning, kids and more.

Being a woman is a lot of work especially if there are kids involved, but its all worth it , you have to help abeg, or she ll just drop dead faint one day, GOD forbid. It is well
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 12, 2011
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by iice(f): 4:10am On Nov 12, 2011
Nna na wah. I washed a plate too. I swept one grain of rice too. I also peeled one yam na. People ehhh. You are doing something and your partner is asking you to help her do something that doesn't require you to move from where you already are, the iron is already on, not as if you have to plug it again and just a little energy expended. That one dey unreasonable? For one measly piece of clothing. undecided
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by eghost247(m): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2011
Toonice:

But i refuse to help cause i hv done some other jobs in the house too.

Please house especially Married men, did u help your wife to iron her cloth while she get busy prepaying your food or doing some other homeworks?
why cant u be reasonable and help your wife iron the cloth instead of coming to nairaland to whine
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by eiete(f): 8:49am On Nov 12, 2011
My friend go and sit down and stop coming here to air your childishness.

What is the big deal in ironing your wife's cloths along with yours when you can do it.

Marriage is about team work, and from the looks of things you are yet to graps that.

Please talk about something more grown up.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 12, 2011
Nigerian men and the high pedestal they set themselves on.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by benzion72(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2011
Can she wash your own clothes and Iron them? hope there are no crime in that. Let us assume you are the woman will you like to be treated as such. My friend women are no slaves they are your helpmate. Whatsoever you do for her you do for yourself for you are onebody.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by saintneo(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2011
dude! get those clothes ironed mate!
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by emeshot: 10:27am On Nov 12, 2011
even if it is her panties i will wash,she is your wife for goodness sake
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by natasha: 10:53am On Nov 12, 2011
my hubby helps me iron both my clothes and that of our son. and guess what, he helps do the dishes sometimes 2ce a week and always always makes the bed cos i'm not good in making the bed. Does that make him less of a man? NO.
Get off your high horse and see your wifey as "ONE" before you sow negative seeds in your marriage. You are her and she is you
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by mykhel995: 10:58am On Nov 12, 2011
you should get a divorce. ironing for your wife should be a non-issue. coming on here to ask proves that you do not love your wife at all. my advice, divorce her and move on with your life.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Konnektions146(m): 11:36am On Nov 12, 2011
^^^
good advice.lol

@Op, with all due respect sir, this is not an issue, yu need to grow more in understanding, this kinda egocentric act makes NOO sense. its yuoor wifey we re talkin abt,

wat abt guys that wash the girlfriends cloth while the lady crosses her leg watchin TV, check am
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by joe4christ(m): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2011
mykhel995:

you should get a divorce. ironing for your wife should be a non-issue. coming on here to ask proves that you do not love your wife at all. my advice, divorce her and move on with your life.

[size=75pt] BAaaaad advice, @OP dont listen to him he's a devil, i'm telling ya![/size]
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by daisy28: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2011
I hope ur wife isnt reading dis on nairaland cos u've embrassed urself,u arent gettin any support as u thot u wud undecided i hope u will be more supportive @ home with d little chores n not just payin d bills. Doin little chores for her makes her want to do more for you.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by yme1(f): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2011
Some men and their unreasonable downgraded attitude. Mshwww not worth a woman's time
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by horny4u(f): 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
Sometimes when our custom conflicts with common sense.
How long do you want to be married to her for ? 50 years?

Make her your friend and confidant . Only do to her what you want her to mirror to you, it may conflict with your upbringing but its your home so shut the door and truly love your woman, when you do : ironing for her will be the least of your ego's problem.
Whether you iron her underwear or not , you will always be a man i.e Her man !

I think you are a nice man who is struggling with his ego but if you got to live with smeone for 50 years, 60 years,etc : Then it is worth investing in harmony bank right now.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by BiafranFirstSon(m): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2011
If u can't help her to iron her clothes,then u have failed the exam. How can u do that. She can't be doing everything @ the same time, Go home and tell her u a sorry, i mean it.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by BiafranFirstSon(m): 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Meaning what? Why are calling Nigerian Men? Can't u see that no man is on his side! This is not politics, Afterall Toonice is ur brother.
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by DayTrader: 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2011
Meaning what? Why are calling Nigerian Men? Can't u see that no man is on his side! This is not politics,  Afterall Toonice is your brother.

I beg if my brother asked me such a stupid question, I would slap him over the head,  u call yourself Toonice and behave like Toobad
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by Duke007(m): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
At poster,did l hear u say ur wife?Come on grow up man.lt ain't no big deal pressing ur wifes cloth.Women are funny creature and they luv being pampered.Can l confide in u?My wife hates pressing her cloth,so she does d washing while l do d pressing.l help her fetch water,shave her private part,cut her nails and even help her pound yam.Did l hear u say WTF?Iam I a slave to my wife?Nope,lam investing in my marriage.Marriage is abt being there 4 each oda.ur wiffy shouldn't b seen as a slave,she is ur helpmate.Treat her wel and she wil reward wit gr8 moments on bed.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2011
I'll help her
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by showtins: 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
dis man wan just disorganise our boko haram issue to anoda nonsense house mater.y not tell us dat ur wife ask u to help her carry de kids while she prepare de meal nd u said no dat is nt wise
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by comechop(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
the real question here is [size=14pt]how this crap got to the frontpage. useless mods.[/size]
Re: Should A Husband Iron His Wife's Clothes For Her? by btlasisi(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
Toonice:

Help Ironing Your Wife Clothes: Is It Part Of Help In The House?

But I refuse to help cause I have done some other jobs in the house too.

Please house especially Married men, did u help your wife to iron her cloth while she get busy preparing your food or doing some other homeworks?

Nothing stops you from giving helping hand to your lovely wife at home. ironing her cloth is one of numerous help you can rendered to your wife at home.

I am a married man and i do it with fun at home so don't allow the 'husband ego' to rob your dearling wife of your help, it is very romantic and i bet it she will appreciate it.

You need to also guide against your wife becoming unnecessarily lazy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Boy's Names / Your Husband Or Wife's Best Food? / Does Chewing Gum Make You Irresponsible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.