Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Reading Your Friend's Text Messages - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reading Your Friend's Text Messages (15303 Views)

How To Stop Annoying Text Messages From MTN,GLO,AIRTEL,ETISALAT / Lovely Text Messages For Your Love Ones / Lovely Text Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by Wadosky(m): 9:21am On Mar 08, 2006
I want to know if you can read your friends text message without permission.I admit i read my loved ones msgs in hiding.Some people say its a bad habit.I want you to have your say on this.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by charlisco(m): 10:41am On Mar 08, 2006
it seem you and your friend love pretending to one another, as for me, they even come and show me without me asking.
most of the time i read their text msg without any permission, in fact what fucking permission do i need from them, are they not my friend.

1 Like

Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by africanboy(m): 10:48am On Mar 08, 2006
I read my friend's and girlfriend's messages. I dont think its a bad thing. They both know I do it and they dont hide it.

Reading my GF's messages isnt an issue of trust or not, its just a "bad" habit of mine. She doesnt read mine regularly, once in a while, maybe, but not always. My friends, he "always". as many times in a day as possible, obviously looking for lyrics to send to his girlfriend.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by chy(f): 11:55am On Mar 08, 2006
i feel is an act of jealousy and fear of losing the loved one 4 lovers
then for ordinary friends it get jist when u a bored but i do it at times openly without been bored
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by Wadosky(m): 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2006
Africanboy just admitted its a bad habit.I agree cos sometimes ur close friend may need some privacy.Some boys who are "players" surely will agree to this.This habit has broken many relationships.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by africanboy(m): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2006
@wadosky, i do not mean it is a bad habit as in it is a bad thing to do, its just that I may mistakenly check someone else's message absent mindedly.

My girlfriend and friend dont object to it, and I dont object to them. Sometimes, I call my friend's attention of recent messages I got. My girl trusts me, so she is not scared. Most times when she reads my messages, it is when we are discussing messages we send to ourselves, otertimes, she is just bored (because am not around!)
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by africanboy(m): 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2006
@wad, no more tears, OK
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by otokx(m): 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2006
i think its a bad habit unless if requested?
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by uche1(m): 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2006
I don,t think there is anything wrong with that cos i do read my friends text mesg and they do the same. soooooooooo
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by flower(f): 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2006
No, don't read anyone elses' things without permission. It's an invasion of privacy. If they say it's ok, then fine. Otherwise, it's being nosey.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by diyobdw(f): 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2006
Without permission? That rude!! i love my privacy even though i got nothing to hide.
But simple courtesy.Its like opening my closet because i let u into my room. shocked
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by charlisco(m): 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2006
I think every body knows d type of friends dey have, as 4 me i think if i have a private message i will delete it immediately after reading it, why i say so is that, becos if my friend unkown to him, he want to read my text msg and i smartched it from his/her then i have invited trouble and gossip.
infact self i do not think something so secret should be send as text message, as any body can read it when you are not with ur phone
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by flower(f): 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2006
charlisco:

infact self i do not think something so secret should be send as text message, as any body can read it when you are not with your phone

which is exactly why my phone is password protected. Putting in the wrong password so many times causes the phone to erase everything on it. Everything. It can all be reloaded after attaching it to your computer where there is a back up of files which is also password protected. I have sensitive things on my phone regarding others personal information so I'd not take it to nicely if someone takes it upon themselves to rummage though it.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by SweetnSour(f): 8:36pm On Mar 08, 2006
I'll read it if it's okay with them
I do unto others as I'll have them do to me.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by Badman888(m): 12:59am On Mar 09, 2006
Yea as Charlisco said depends on the type of friend some are ok with it, y some might not like it.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by stephanie7(f): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2006
would never read my friends. have read my boyfriends on occasions but he has been next to me when i was doing it and he reads mine. nothing to hide so NO issues!!
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2006
, is bad
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by gentleone(f): 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2006
well, it depends on who the friend is,i treasure my text messages and seldom delete them unless i'm running out of space.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by mobola(f): 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2006
[color=#000099][/color]not dat bad.as a person i do not have any problem about dat.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by drealnoni(f): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2006
i'll do that only if we decide its ok to do that in our relatioship,cos i feel everyone is entitled to a little privacy sometimes.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by tsoriyan(m): 8:58pm On Mar 10, 2006
Im so sorry but it is so disappointin dat we Nigerians still think like this.Why would u want to read d text message of your friend.if he decides to show u no qualms but the only reason y any1 wud want to read d others text is cuz u either don't trust(maybe the person took ur wife or sumthing like dat) dat fella or u just damn stupid.Stop ity let us sanitize this Country of such folly. tongue
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by africanboy(m): 12:37am On Mar 11, 2006
tsoriyan:

I'm so sorry but it is so disappointin that we Nigerians still think like this.Why would u want to read d text message of your friend.if he decides to show u no qualms but the only reason y anyone would want to read d others text is because u either don't trust(maybe the person took your wife or something like that) that fella or u just damn stupid.Stop ity let us sanitize this Country of such folly. tongue

following my posts, i read two people's messages only - my best friend and my girlfriend and [B]I AM NOT JEALOUS OF THE TWO OF THEM[/B].

i love my girl and she loves me too, am not scared of anybody. my friend has his girlfriend whom he loves dearly. he reads my texts to get lyrics he can use.

i wont read your texts if you offer me a million naira (ok, maybe i'll take the money) but still wont read your texts
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by Dannydint: 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2006
Why is everyone thinking in the same direction on this issue?
Lets go technological, and put the issue this way and I think this might be what the initiator of this topic meant.
Is it possible to hack to my friend's phone and read his/her text messages?
Lets discuss this gees.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2006
is bad
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by africanboy(m): 8:48am On Apr 19, 2006
Dannydint:

Why is everyone thinking in the same direction on this issue?
Lets go technological, and put the issue this way and I think this might be what the initiator of this topic meant.
Is it possible to hack to my friend's phone and read his/her text messages?
Lets discuss this gees.

what kind of phone does your friend use? nokia 3310
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by vickybabe(f): 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2006
if somebody read my tex am dead, its too dirty
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by diddy4(m): 11:28pm On Jul 05, 2006
i dont read no ones text message and dont read mine. na joke you dey joke abi u wan look for trouble. my text might be too lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sometimes. only sometimes ooo, not always. grin grin grin
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by hayprof(m): 7:59am On Jul 07, 2006
Not bad 4 me!
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by eveseh(f): 10:29am On Jul 07, 2006
yep,
i used to do that to my best friend,
when her boyfriend send her text messages,she show me it to read,or i'll tell her
can i read some?

i dont see anything wrong wit it
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by diyobdw(f): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2006
As long has your friend knows and is ok with it no quams.
But no sneaking around my text behind ma back!
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by beecrofty(m): 5:39am On Sep 12, 2008
sms, hmmmmmmmmmmm i think you need permission to do such.
Re: Reading Your Friend's Text Messages by donjon: 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2008
I encourage all forms of surveillance!
Its the only way to get through life without getting played.
Ex;
read txt msgs,
background checks on close friends,
knowing the associates of ur socalled "best friends",

if you dont take such precuations,
u will get arrestted 4 a crime ur "best friend" probably committed

capiche?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Airtel 24/7 Data Plans For Heavy Downloaders / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. / Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.