Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal (5814 Views)

Pictures Of Hired Youths Protesting Against Subsidy Probe Panel’s Report / Enugu Defies Ban, Joins Protest Against Subsidy Removal! / Kaduna Police Using Force Against Subsidy Protesters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Slyr0x: 11:59am On Nov 11, 2011
The world over even in non-democratic societies protests are a demonstration of the people’s right to disagree with the government. On this quaintly dated day, Friday 11/11/11 the Nigerian government as led by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan laid down a marker. The government has turned a regular protest into an open war-esque zone. Shehu Shagari, the road where the Hunger Strike and protest planned by the National Youth Council is now a military zone. The road has been blocked from the Police Headquarter that was bombed on the 16th of June this year down the road coming to Transcorp Hilton. That side of the road is blocked has traffic is now restricted to the side of the road meant for traffic heading toward 3 Arms Zone.

If the people especially young people cannot march against what the leader of the protest described as an “evil” and “demonic” policy of the Jonathan administration, then of what use is calling it a government for the people? If the might of the Nigerian security agencies is unleashed on the Nigerian people, how can that be a government by the people? It is definitely not a government by the people. This is not a democracy, it is a moving train without a break and as it accelerates along the road of illegality, I await its much expected stop because stop it must one day. We claim to be copying the American democracy, yet our public officers are not accountable to us – that is not the American democracy, a Nigerian Senator earns four times as much as the president of America. Protests are happening all over the major states of the United States but we are not allowed to discuss one here let alone plan or carry it out. If this is not enough for you to think of doing something about your citizenship I don’t know what is. This is the time for young Nigerians to start thinking of coming together as one force. No government will open fire on 10,000 people gathered together for one purpose. I cannot put anything beyond this government but I still want to believe despite the obvious fact that they are operating outside the realms of reason and logic, they will rationalise the dangers of arming the state against the people of Nigeria but the people of Nigeria are in an ideal world the Nigerian state. In an ideal world but ours ceased to be an ideal world a long time ago.

RT @yeancah: These leaders (rulers) just see this country as their personal business. Running the country as if the people are their goods.

I hope the “elders” of this country are watching because whoever knows anything about trends knows where we are heading in Nigeria. It is not anyplace close to peace, prosperity or unity.

#NowPlaying zombie – Fela Kuti “zombie way na one way, ajorojarajoro….”
@omojuwa

http://omojuwa.com/?p=1794

If you're on twitter, follow @Ged, @Omojuwa, @AbangMercy @Gbengasesan for updates on #OccupyNigeria. .or better still, use this link http://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q=OccupyNigeria
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Slyr0x: 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
[size=18pt]PICTURES FROM THE #HUNGERSTRIKE "Protest Against Fuel-Subsidy Removal"[/size]

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg859/scaled.php?tn=0&server=859&filename=izxp.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Slyr0x: 12:08pm On Nov 11, 2011
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Slyr0x: 12:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg859/scaled.php?tn=0&server=859&filename=p6jii.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

#hungerstrike this police officer just got here and asked why we are gathering unlawfully.
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Slyr0x: 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2011
[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg620/scaled.php?tn=0&server=620&filename=8fngd.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

#hungerstrike Here is Dayo Isreal speaking to press men at the venue one of the organisers
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Kilode1: 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2011
^

Policeman wey Oga dey steal hin salary dey ask stupid question ?  embarassed

The looters of 3 arms Zone are mortgaging his daughter's future just like they did his own, he's there asking questions.
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Slyr0x: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2011
Kilode?!:

^

Policeman wey Oga dey steal hin salary dey ask silly question ?  embarassed

The looters of 3 arms Zone are mortgaging his daughter's future just like they did his own, he's there asking questions.

No mind am. .Zombie!
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by igbo2011(m): 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2011
A revolution will happen soon. Very soon.
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Slyr0x: 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Slyr0x: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2011
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Slyr0x: 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2011
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Slyr0x: 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2011
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Kilode1: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2011
Even the Police dog look hungry and oppressed. Abuja Looters don thief hin food allocation join their loot  undecided
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Donmeca(m): 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
There was heavy traffic gridlock in my area this morning and we later found out it was due to d police cordoning off some roads to stall the purported protest.
So it went ahead. Good!
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Wadosky(m): 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2011
Why only Abuja?we should not let them do the fighting alone,let the REVOLUTION spread to other states.Those monsters are not greater than the peoples power.Fuel should be sold 30 naira a litre.No going back
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by BoOOosHBoy: 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2011
Yeah. No subsidy removal
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by MarcAnthon(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2011
Sad, isn't it? Trucks and dogs to suppress a non-violent, innocuous protest. May God save us from these retards.
I'm even more saddened that only a few people turned up. I think these protests should be organized on weekends (Saturdays) to get a larger turn-out. You can't blame people if they have to work on weekdays. That may be asking a bit too much at this point since IMO the more politically aware are the working class folks. Our jobless youths seem not to have had enough. And it's not as if the media outlets don't work on weekends.
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by onchefx: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2011
i support 30 Naira per liter,No mind this criminals the want to use the money them go make from the removal of fuel subsidy for 2015 election.WE NO GO GREE O WE NO GO GREE,NO REMOVAL OF, ANY THING FROM FUEL
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by honeric01(m): 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
misplaced priority, na so dem take do their own for Tunisia? is Wale Ajani wants to be taken serious, he should set himself ablaze like the Tunisia dude.
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Funkymallam(m): 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2011
^
bros u badttt ooo, d dude no eat today cus of hunger strike, na im u say make e burn e self. Who go eat d money wey dem go take settle am na?
I dey laff o grin
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by moderatorr: 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2011
these abokis cant even time a protest nor anything.
Thats why they keep missing.
They just want GEJ out by all means.
Unfortunately, that dude has proven smarter over the months.
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by auwal87(m): 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2011
Why would I go out there when I voted for someone to represent me on matters like this one?

Abokis are smart! grin
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by 1025: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
i am even listening stupidly to another shameless politician in the making in the name of BEN bruce.
if jonathan has all these equipments, why didn't he mark the independence day at the usual place - eagle square?
this same man told us that he is neither a lion nor a golliat but today he has to to a tiger and Champaze. what a hypocrite?
does pdp and all their tyrants think we will fold our hands forever and watch them destroy our futures? no God will never ever let that happen.
if boko haram can take the place/role or terrorists in nigeria, nato and us forces can also come to our aid any moment from now.
my prayer is that God should give us the courage to make up our minds since america and other strong countries of the world have decided that there will never be a safe heaven again for rulers who kill at will.
it is time for the world to know how and why we are suffering.
if ben bruce can be mentioning bayelsa as the richest state in nigeria and yet the indegens are poor and the state has the highest level of unemployment, one will be forced to ask, what were/are those things jonathan did in that state that qualified him to be the vice and president of nigeria respectively?
i prefer to vote for a high way armed robber to a pdp candidate.
as corrupt as nigeria, jonathan cannot point to a single individual politician that his govt has sent to jail. we are in a shame of a jungle called nigeria.
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by honeric01(m): 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2011
Ben Bruce believe that Jonathan is going to help him win and i think it's looking so hence the reason Silva is threatening hell on earth.
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by eolme(f): 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
even armour tank against harmless civilians
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2011
^^^ Lol
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by werepeLeri: 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2011
Shuo - see hunger strike people. Why all of them slim like this?

LOL. Hunger strike for Nigeria. So many unserious folks put there. Meanwhile life went on as usual in Abuja today, I think we need the rouges on NairaLand to come back home to show them how it is done in the West.

LOL. Hunger strike ko, food strike ni.
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by rivie0020: 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2011
How will hunger strike solve the problem of hunger
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by ugosly(m): 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2011
a few days ago,I told a friend that wen a fruit ripens,it drops from its tree,with this small gra gra from NYC and some of the comments from here,I make bold to say the Nigerian Revolution has ripened,it is jst a question of when(which is not far away) tick,tock,tick tock,
we dey watch,we dey wait.
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by member479760: 12:00am On Nov 12, 2011
Where is Tura?
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by Goodnessy: 1:36am On Nov 12, 2011
This project cannot fail let us all support this cause and join this group on facebook for updates and suggesion on how to tackle this impending teras-formation agenda of GEJ. http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Subsidy-Removal/217819831619430?v=wall
Re: PHOTONEWS: #HungerStrike Protest Against Subsidy Removal by kHeLLiOrez(m): 1:52am On Nov 12, 2011
cry i wonda hw d people dat advise our leaders reason, subsidy removal wil lead to inflation and increased hunger level, in d end govt wil b forced to cough up dis subsidy money bcoz salaried workerz wil fal on them 4 increased salaries to meet up d resultin inflation, smh,

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Win Lagos In 2015 - PDP / Dreaded Militants Join IPOB, Orders FG To Release Nnamdi Kanu - Zubby Blog / BREAKING!! Biafra : Mock Referendum Happening Now In Enugu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.