Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax (3198 Views)

The Eritrean Forceful Polygamy Hoax And How Nigerians Reacted With Memes / Cristiano Ronaldo Dies In A Car Crash <hoax> / Al Sharpton Blasts Tiger Woods For Lack Of Mistress Diversity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by Jolomsguy(m): 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
Pro golfer Tiger Woods was found unresponsive in his luxury vacation rental house near the Roko Ki golf resort in the Dominican Republic earlier today and later pronounced dead from what appears to be natural causes. Dominican Republic officials announced that a full investigation will be conducted as a routine procedure in accidental and natural deaths involving tourists.

The golfer was transported to the Dominican Regional medical center after the Fire Department responded to a call at 8 a.m. from his vacation rental home in the Dominican Republic.

It is unclear who was with Tiger Woods at the time or who placed the phone call to alert authorities to the emergency.

Additional details will be published as they become available. The family and representatives for the Pro Golfer have asked for privacy and respect from the media in this time of grieving and personal loss.
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by Afam4eva(m): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2011
Source pls? This is a serious matter.
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by Afam4eva(m): 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2011
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2011
mods pls move to jokes section! No[i]m[/i]sense!
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
Hels in my backyard playing golf rite now
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by Ajibel(m): 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
And this damn thread was moved to this sextion. Smh
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by tttonero: 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
No, But his game of golf has died.
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by atasteve: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
Is it true
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by emmatok(m): 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2011
Tiger Woods is Not Dead but Killing it at the Australian Open: A Fan’s Take

If you woke up this morning to check on how Tiger Woods was doing in the Australian Open, you may have been shocked to hear news that he was apparently hanging out in the Dominican Republic and that the legendary golfer, Tiger Woods is dead.

Tiger Woods.
Wikimedia Commons
Let's cut right to the chase and let you know now that Tiger Woods is not dead. He's simply fallen victim to another celebrity death hoax. I think poor Justin Bieber might hold the record for that one. Woods is very much alive and kicking but he's killing it at the Australian Open.

While many criticized him as pick for the President's Cup and others feared he would never return to true golf form, Tiger is once again showing us all that he knows how to play golf.

Of his success, Woods' says that he is finally playing properly again. While he currently leads the event after two rounds, it is only at the halfway stage at this point. It's too early to call the win in the bag but he's certainly playing better golf than we've seen the past couple of years.

"It's one of those things, just being patient," he said. "I derive a lot of my confidence from practice. I'm getting ample practice time. That's something I've not done in the last couple of years."

While this should be his moment of pride for the golf comeback, it's clouded by the death hoax rumor flooding the trending topics on Friday, November 11th. Most likely it was done for entertainment or even created by Tiger-haters who want to see the spotlight shifted from his successes in Australia. Regardless of the reason, the hoax has spread like wildfire but it doesn't stop Tiger from winning the Australian Open, which he is very well set to do.

The golf rumors originated from a hoax news story that goes something like this:

"Pro golfer Tiger Woods was found unresponsive in his luxury vacation rental house near the Roko Ki golf resort in the Dominican Republic earlier today and later pronounced dead from what appears to be natural causes."

It has been shared, tweeted, linked and liked; commented on and passed around for most of the morning but it's of course, not true. Tiger Woods is not in the Dominican Republic but in at The Lakes in Sydney, Australia playing in a major golf tournament. This would be a good time to hold off on those condolences and instead, shoot over some congratulations for his great golfing in Australia.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ycn-10416065
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by emmatok(m): 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
tttonero:

No, But his game of golf has  died.

Are you a gulf fan?

Why not check-out his current performance at Australian Open.

HATER!!!
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by ARareGem(f): 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
And this was moved to Jokes Sec because. . . angry
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by saintneo(m): 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
I think people are trying to getting emotionally uncomfortable so that he would not return to the number one spot.

Go on Tiger, you past is history.
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by dabrake(m): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2011
emmatok:

Are you a gulf fan?

Why not check-out his current performance at Australian Open.

HATER!!!
oya, correct yourself.
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by emmatok(m): 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2011
dabrake:

oya, correct yourself.

Crase dey worry you abi.
Re: Tiger Woods Is NOT Dead. Story Is A Hoax by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:21am On Nov 14, 2011
Mm

(1) (Reply)

John Darling! / 5 Reasons Why Boys/men Are Better Than Girls/women? / See Top 20 Savagery Memes On Instagram And Twitter #1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.