Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control (7310 Views)

The Religious Mind? / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Seun We Want A Pagan Traditionalist Mod On The Religious Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2011
Gentlemen and Ladies, I need your prayers,

seriously 

Please read my story and do not be judgemental or phariseeic in your response.

I left Nairaland to pursue other interests and was absent for a lengthy period.

However something clicked about 2 months or so ago , and I started posting more frequently again on this site.

Suddenly I cannot stop  undecided Even my boys say things like ' Dad is on nairaland again ' I close my laptop in a hurry and give them a wide smile. I take them out to the park or somewhere for fun but still  browse with my phone .

Honesly the moment I see a  response or comment  from Lagoshia ,  Sweetneca  or Pastor Jo  that I do not agree with , a rush of adrenalin flows through me and suddenly the urge to reply almost sends me berserk , my mind is on getting home fast  grin to quickly respond , only then does my  blood pressure go down slightly . undecided

My wife told me off for going straight to my laptop on a weekend morning again to Nairaland . I apologised but found myself back on it almost immediately. I now browse at home in hiding  undecided

It has reduced this week, because I am back to work after a holiday.

Do you think some Yoruba Muslims, atheists or prosperity pimps have done something to me by remote control most likely from Nigeria.

I do not want to mention names but there are a few suspects on my mind.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2011
the enemies atheists are at work

go for deliverance at MFM or declare 93 days dry fast
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Afam4eva(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2011
The baba wey Seun dey use sabi im work. I hope i get introduced to this baba.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by tpia5: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
its internet addiction and is quite common.

having some other activity helps to slow it down.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by nodogma: 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2011
Your passion for this subject matter is quite clear. And although you do not seem as open to others expression of their spiritual views, as someone who may not necessarily believe as you do, your enthusiasm for what you believe is great. Some people feel this way about sports, others about food, you about your spiritual beliefs and debate. And although you may mock the Muslims and atheists that you debate with their has to be some part of you that enjoys it, and those debates make the forum interesting. Your wife should be happy, you could be waking up early to do something much worse. As long as it does not become detrimental to your or your family's well being, there is no problem.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by tpia5: 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2011
internet has replaced the tv these days.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by mrmayor(m): 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
grin grin grin Holy Moses, sorry Mighty Dawkins! grin grin grin grin
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2011
tpia@:

internet has replaced the TV these days.
nope. if i dont watch TV, i may feel back for a whole day, yet i still spend like 6 hours on the internet daily. its over addiction or obsession or even over passion
mrmayor:

grin grin grin Holy Moses, sorry Mighty Dawkins! grin grin grin grin
who's Dawkins? is he/she a God/goddess
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Joagbaje(m): 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
@frosbel
Your own better,I've wasted my paints many times in the studio. If you know what acrylic paint is, it dries so fast within minutes. When my iPad alarms and Im notified of posts by people like frosbel , I drop my brush and post , before I'm through posting ,Expensive paint don dry for pallets cool  I have to mix fresh paints . I finally had to abandon acrylic paints for oil paint which  stays hours longer.

When I'm in the office and people come talking to me. I wouldn't want to offend anyone out of politeness . I give impression I'm listening actually try to believe  I am. Nodding my head Until they observe that im just nodding my head in agreement To nothing , especially when they were no longer talking! . They will say "are you on Nairaland "? I will say sorry just give me 5 mininute but they know that means 30 minutes!
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Joagbaje(m): 11:38pm On Nov 11, 2011
Frosbel, pls can I have your email. If you can send it to my box below. I want to discuss Word of faith with you in reference to a statement you made before.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by tpia5: 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
^You paint?

Will you be posting samples of your work sometime?
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Joagbaje(m): 11:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
^^^^

You will see 10 of my works If you Follow this link http://www.redbubble.com/people/joeagbaje
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by ogajim(m): 12:50am On Nov 12, 2011
@OP

I kinda feel you just want to hear what folks think not that you have an "NL addiction" problem wink.

It is good to be PASSIONATE about spreading the Word and helping others get a better grasp of what is REQUIRED of every true Christian as opposed to some of the garbage one sees here from time to time.

I try not to spend the time meant for my Children on NL so when I am here it is either schedule permits or I have put them to bed. It's about balance, family time is family time, football season anyway so wifey will complain every now and then until the Superbowl (no Patriots@JaSoul grin)
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Image123(m): 1:06am On Nov 12, 2011
@OP, seems you're getting drunken on nl, watch it. Let your moderation be known to all men, INCLUDING YOUR WIFE AND KIDS. It's temperance, develop your temperance and walk in the spirit, not in the flesh.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 12, 2011
Joagbaje:

Frosbel, pls can I have your email. If you can send it to my box below. I want to discuss Word of faith with you in reference to a statement you made before.

I thought you had it . Anyway here it is again.

It is a decoy account as I do not supply my personal details on Nairaland to avoid a posible be-heading scenario grin

frosbel2@gmail.com
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 12, 2011
Image123:

@OP, seems you're getting drunken on nl, watch it. Let your moderation be known to all men, INCLUDING YOUR WIFE AND KIDS. It's temperance, develop your temperance and walk in the spirit, not in the flesh.

Thanks , I was on holiday last week, hence the madness. grin

But sure, it does not interfere with family, other than God, they are my priority.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 12, 2011
ogajim:

@OP

I kinda feel you just want to hear what folks think not that you have an "NL addiction" problem wink.

It is good to be PASSIONATE about spreading the Word and helping others get a better grasp of what is REQUIRED of every true Christian as opposed to some of the garbage one sees here from time to time.

I try not to spend the time meant for my Children on NL so when I am here it is either schedule permits or I have put them to bed. It's about balance, family time is family time, football season anyway so wifey will complain every now and then until the Superbowl (no Patriots@JaSoul grin)

80% correct grin

I just cannot help responding to some of the comments in this section.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 12, 2011
Thanks all for the advice.

I am happy to hear that no atheist, Moosie or prosperity champion is behind this. grin
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by tpia5: 2:54am On Nov 12, 2011
Joagbaje:

^^^^

You will see 10 of my works If you Follow this link http://www.redbubble.com/people/joeagbaje

looks nice.

some of the villages seem familiar but i guess that's just a general nigerian setting.

i also notice agbegilodos are featured in a lot of the paintings.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Joagbaje(m): 6:07am On Nov 12, 2011
I love agbegilodos, they remind me of child hood. I try to bring the past into the future in many works.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Joagbaje(m): 6:22am On Nov 12, 2011
Frosbel,
I sent you a mail
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by mrmayor(m): 6:50am On Nov 12, 2011
@Joagbaje,

Wow, your paintings are really good, pastor you got talent wink. Wished I paid attention during Fine Art class in secondary school
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by ichuka(m): 8:49am On Nov 12, 2011
@joagbeye
nice paintings
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 12, 2011
@frosbel,i think ur signature answers it all.u'r a die-hard xtian apologist, sorta lik justin martyr.lol.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2011
@frosbel,i think ur signature answers it all.u'r a die-hard xtian apologist, sorta lik justin martyr.lol.
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by cold(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2011
tpia@:

looks nice.

some of the villages seem familiar but i guess that's just a general nigerian setting.

i also notice agbegilodos are featured in a lot of the paintings.
Abeg tpia forgive my ignorance o.Which one be agbegilodos again  grin
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by cold(m): 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ok never mind,already found the meaning.Thanx anyways
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by JeSoul(f): 7:57pm On Nov 12, 2011
Lol. Hilarious@ Frosbel & Joagbaje . . . paintings getting ruined . . . frosbel's kids complaining . . . ROTFLOL . . . you guys are funny. I'm sure its a phase, don't worry you'll get past it . . . hopefully lol. Just log off so you don't get alerts of new replies. I'm usually not online at all (not even email self) over the weekends, was doing some online music practice today which is how I ended up here smiley. You guys should set limits and stick to it before una start to dey crase cheesy

Ogajim . . . you are funny cheesy. Most american wives complain about their husbands sports watching . . . thankfully my husband & I are both sports junkies - american football, bball, soccer, tennis, track & field etc. As for my Pats, mehn, our offense is now stumbling, if they lose against those damn Jets tomorrow ehn . . . I won't be happy at all  angry btw, how are our RedSkins doing these days?  grin
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by JeSoul(f): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
. . . and oh Joagbaje, once again, your artwork is really really good. I'm very impressed. All the more reason you shouldn't let NL get in the way of sharpening your craft.

Btw, I dey come for my free one very soon. Hope you no forget? cheesy
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by ogajim(m): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2011
@JeSoul,

The Redskins are on the 19th year of a 20 year program to make it back to the Superbowl. If they don't make it next season, it will just be like the Nigerian development plans of old that never amounted to anything.

This season is a wash and folks aren't happy in the DMV lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Redskins fans feeling like Herman Cain right about now cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by mazaje(m): 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
JeSoul:

Lol. Hilarious@ Frosbel & Joagbaje . . . paintings getting ruined . . . frosbel's kids complaining . . . ROTFLOL . . . you guys are funny. I'm sure its a phase, don't worry you'll get past it . . . hopefully lol. Just log off so you don't get alerts of new replies. I'm usually not online at all (not even email self) over the weekends, was doing some online music practice today which is how I ended up here smiley. You guys should set limits and stick to it before una start to dey crase cheesy

Ogajim . . . you are funny cheesy. Most american wives complain about their husbands sports watching . . . [b]thankfully my husband & I [/b]are both sports junkies - american football, bball, soccer, tennis, track & field etc. As for my Pats, mehn, our offense is now stumbling, if they lose against those damn Jets tomorrow ehn . . . I won't be happy at all  angry btw, how are our RedSkins doing these days?  grin

Jesoul are you married already?. . .
Re: I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control by Joagbaje(m): 11:15pm On Nov 12, 2011
JeSoul:

. . . and oh Joagbaje, once again, your artwork is really really good. I'm very impressed. All the more reason you shouldn't let NL get in the way of sharpening your craft.

Well I still manage to have 3 major exhibitions so far this year. Hope  to still  have a small one for Christmas time.

Btw, I dey come for my free one very soon. Hope you no forget?  cheesy

There's some half Dressed ancient native couple who's picture I saw on Nairaland . Na I'm I go paint for you! cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can A Christian Sister Or Brother Become A Model? / The Question Most Christians Fail All The Time / Fasting And Sex.. The True Biblical Teaching.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.