Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria (36413 Views)

Is This What A Primary School In Ondo State Looks Like? (photos) / Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Exponental(m): 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
I've seen a worse schl in lagos in ds yr 2011.
Roof similar or worse n d bricks are fallen off. Distractn 4 d serious ones, opps 4 unserious 2 b truants. Wondered abt it bt was shown anoda building under constructn 4 its replacement.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by rman: 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
There is not a single state that does not have at least 20 public primary schools that looks like the one BEAF posted. If we are indeed sincere with ourselves and drop this attitude of it is in the North, East, West or South attitude some of us may even discover the one right in our village just looks exactly like this.

The situation is indeed terrible in public primary schools. If you feel so passionate about your state as we all try to demonstrate on NL try to at least support one in your local government. BELIEVE ME THERE IS ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS THERE , MAY BE WORSE.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by TrueSeeker(m): 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
The school should be one of Gov. Jakande's school in Lagos, but the photographer or the poster deliberately ignore the new school building that replace this old one. One can still see the new building of Gov. Fashola in the background of the picture.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Lovine: 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
This is the kind of place that produced president, senators, governors, chairmen, Councillors, etc their way of reasoning and leadership is depleted as these schools. Look at the school from UK and your gaze is as good as mine
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by victorazy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
simply the picture between white and black man
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Muntula: 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2011
There is no proof that this is a school.My guy If you want picture of school that looks like de one from Easingwold dem plenty nyafu nyafu for Naija.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Muntula: 7:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ Beaf
Make u no fall our hand. See picture of school for Nigeria.
[/img]
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Muntula: 7:13pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ Beaf
Make u no fall our hand. See picture of school for Nigeria. Many multitudes of pics of schools like this dey. So chill bruv.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by auwal87(m): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
Some more on my flickr photo stream, i took the pics my self when I visited the village this year. It seems they got the last furniture stock since 2003.

http://flic/p/aw6o36
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by calculusx(m): 9:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
TrueSeeker:

The school should be one of Gov. Jakande's school in Lagos, but the photographer or the poster deliberately ignore the new school building that replace this old one. One can still see the new building of Gov. Fashola in the background of the picture.

Dear brother, i was about to made the same comment. In as much as there is nothing to show that the posted dilapidated building is presently in use as a school, i can see the new millennium schools in Lagos from the picture. We need to shine our eyes well before making comments.
@ beaf, i don't understand what you stand to gain from posting just a picture of 1 jakande building leaving other buildings out, are you saying this is the ONLY building for primary 1-6?, I just don't know. my 2 hands are up for you
grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by calculusx(m): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dear brother, i was about to make the same comment. In as much as there is nothing to show that the posted dilapidated building is presently in use as a school, i can see the new millennium schools in Lagos from the picture. We need to shine our eyes well before making comments.
@ beaf, i don't understand what you stand to gain from posting just a picture of 1 jakande building leaving other buildings out, are you saying this is the ONLY building for primary 1-6 pupils?, I just don't know. my 2 hands are up for you
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by IbroSaunks(m): 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
since there is a bit of "greatness" in every man, perhaps this is the bit of greatness in beaf!
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by ferdiking: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
if you must know my primary school is worse than that. count yourselve lucky to go to one of those private once.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by kinisoo1: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
BEEF, no be una PDP?? tongue
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Jenifa1: 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
na today? there are worse than that in Lagos.

but to be honest, a lot of times, schools abroad aren't much better (esp public schools in US).
Not in terms of infrastructure but in terms of actual education.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by dustydee: 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
lord have mercy shocked
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by aloyemeka4: 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I'd be surprised if this school wasnt in Osun.
Thunder fire you there.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by yuboy: 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2011
na a ooo u guys are talkin as if u are not in d makin dese d analitical compose review of 9ja no
education d7
employment d7
security f9
corruption b2
industrial sector c6
banking sector d7
power f9
armed robbery b3
togery b2
u can see dis frm observations dat 9ja no make d required 5 credit to make it a country,
@beef u are a african man u no at it takes to b african man and a 9ja man 4 dat fact so better lock up
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
Why are Nigerians always contented with stupidity and failure? I can not comprehend why people are comfortable with such a disturbing issue as bad school infrastructure. I agree it is time the govt provides standard for school infrastructure,before doing that it should provide mortgages for those willing to go into education facilitation.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
The reason why nigerians miss out greatly in education is that they failled to realize the environment and surroundings are the cores of education.They failed to see education around them,limiting it solely to books without an atom practicality.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
Why is this thread locked?
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by member479760: 11:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
"Stop being silly for once. It is not the FG's duty to build primary school's, not even secondary schools (except for Unity schools)"

BEAF, and the 10 Unity schools are enough to achieve the education need of the country! Those your pix are Jakande' style school building but you know what, 5 of my mate are prof lecturing in Nigeria Uni, they are products of those Jakande' school.

Any good country the Federal government is responsible for education, Kindly, ask GEJ to do same.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:49pm On Nov 12, 2011
Why is the moderator messi-ng with this thread?School are reflections of the mentality of a society.What the adults know is what they teach the children,in the works,acts and deeds.And that is what the children copies.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2011
nakedall:

"Stop being silly for once. It is not the FG's duty to build primary school's, not even secondary schools (except for Unity schools)"

BEAF, and the 10 Unity schools are enough to achieve the education need of the country! Those your pix are Jakande' style school building but you know what, 5 of my mate are prof lecturing in Nigeria Uni, they are products of those Jakande' school.

Any good country the Federal government is responsible for education, Kindly, ask GEJ to do same.
What do you mean by that? Are you saying in this 21st century people should get stuck with such a mess? This mentality will not help the country in anyway good.The reason Nigerian professors are not effective in their fields is one of those reasons - one can only point to few well researched professors in the country. Please, that kind of infrastructure is bad for all kids.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by redsun(m): 12:04am On Nov 13, 2011
Learning in nigeria is more of imagination than practical reality.They teach children to imagine things instead of practicing things.To imagine a clean,tidy, and well structured classroom that he/she is suppose to be studying,to imagine a school where children are decently dressed and well fed.And so on and so forth.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by musiwa43: 4:32am On Nov 13, 2011
You see why we need to leave nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by oderemo(m): 7:00am On Nov 13, 2011
The educated are so ill informed that they are tilting twds ignorance, shame.how can ppl come on board and say its the fed. Govt prob. ''? Is it, really. When last did u asked your local govt chairperson whats going on in your locality.
Without identifyg the local govt, up in ogun state, close to 100 ml. Is disbursed every month,of which not more than 20 mil goes towards salaries and what not, . For 8yrs no one has ever asked what happens to the oda 80mil x12x8.
Calculate that and that ans.y sch will remain lykdat 4 decades to come.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:09am On Nov 13, 2011
So much money for the chairman and his crew
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by tdtdtd: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2011
God will help us
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2011
too bad - for Nigeria. This is a solid contrast of the gains of development against the pains of a typical 3rd World country.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by deols(f): 5:03am On Nov 14, 2011
I think each government should work more on renovating the present buildings. with that, the limited resources might go around.Rather, each government wants something to call theirs and they give the buildings different colours according to the new government. You end up having some odd looking color mix.

I wonder if some of these schools have plans from inception. A new government comes in, constructs a block of three classrooms, without matching them with other amenities and bam!- they are praised.

well, thats what I c in Oyo state.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Rastamann: 7:39am On Nov 14, 2011
It is very pathetic. Our so called idiots rulers will send their own kids to good places abroad and leave our own schools unattended to because it is the poor masses children that attend such schools in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

That Student Of Bowen University Impregnated VC's Wife Is False - Twitter User / Adekunle Ajasin University Ondo Shut Down Over Protest. Photos / Kuranga Aishat, Unilorin Student Missing (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.