Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

"May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son (17951 Views)

Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance / We Don’t Need A Violent Minister – Group Chides APC. / Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Kilode1: 7:46am On Nov 12, 2011
THE SSS THAT HARRASSED MY DAD FOR 29 YEARS HAVE NO SINGLE INFORMATION ON BOMB EXPLOSIONS, WHY DON'T THEY SCRAP IT'.

With the exit of fiery lawyer , human rights activist and public commentator by his transition to higher glory, Nigerians had thought that public opposition to government's non people policies and programmes would die, as Gani's shoes were too big to fit anyone. Wrong these people are, as his son, Mohammed has taken on his father's opposition to inhuman governance by Nigerian governments at all levels. Though physically incapacitated, as he moves on a wheel chair, this scion of Ondo kingdom has shown that he is not mentally or intellectually impeded. In recent public comments, he spoke on a number of issues.

Last general elections

I must commend Jega . If we take into cognizance a lot of what has transpired now, it was a successful election but there were so many losses, losses as regards waste of materials, money and waste of human lives. We saw the way power shifted in Ogun and Oyo states and that is because of what the old hands failed to do, there were so many political intrigues involved but those who lost out lost for a purpose. Look at Dora Akunyili in Anambra Central, nobody knew her when she was Minister for Information , the best we knew of her was when she was the Director General of NAFDAC. She performed extremely well then but as Minister of Information, it was a total failure.

Jega

I must commend him, although I was one of those who recommended he be removed because at the initial stage, he was just making speeches .

NYSC
The issue of NYSC youth corpers was a total felony on the part of Jega. These things he should have envisaged because we are in a position where the power wants to be changed from the north to the south south. Jega being a Professor, I had expected him to have anticipated that these people we are using as ad hoc members, how do we secure their interest ?.From the 1st of October when the first bomb exploded, he should have liaised with the SSS, with the Director General of the NYSC, Police, Army to know how to secure the lives of these people you have chosen to do almost virtually impossible tasks.

Babangida

Babangida is a condemned individual. He's a devious individual. He's an evil person. God forbid that I meet that man. He's a curse to this family. For the fact that my dad did not meet him during his lifetime, I pray that I don't meet him. Let him too go and die and let the two of them meet up there. Am happy the way he was disgraced in PDP, he can continue to make noise wherever he is, he has lost and will never be the President of this country . People like Babangida and Buhari must be scrapped from the Council of States. That is the challenge for the new National Assembly.

If Babangida makes overtures

No way , there can be no overtures. My father will curse me from his grave if I do such a thing. I have made it clear, Fawehinmi family and Babangida family must remain separate. I know how much my father spent on hypertension . Only God allowed him reach the age of seventy. He should have died at fifty, for what Babangida did to him. The pain is something we will continue to bear and I will continue to curse him everyday o. I wake up every morning and I curse him, may he die a violent death. May his body never be found to be buried.

Buhari

The other day, this boy came here, Buhari's son, telling me about his dad. I said look, my dad respected your dad so you are welcome in this house anyday, anytime but its too late. Your father ran this country in his forties when his brain was still sharp. IBB took power from him, so what makes you think he can still do it.
Interest in politics

For me, if I decide to go into politics, nobody can take my turn from me, I will take it through which ever way I know is legal, I will not violate any law, I will sensitize the people and if eventually they drop me, I will go back to my practice.

Adetokunbo Kayode
Our Minister for Defence who happens to be a Senior Advocate , before God and man, I don't know what the man does . I don't know how he thinks . I think he went in there for the business of filling his pocket rather than being a Minister of Defense . I blame the President for making such a man a Minister for Defense because he does not know the first thing about defense. You don't put someone in a sensitive position because he is your friend or party member. Adetokunbo Kayode has been a Minister four times and he has failed every time . Now that he is Minister for Defense we have had twelve bomb explosions and we have lost more than forty five thousand lives. So I can say that is where Mr President lost it.

ACN
ACN is the party where I saw productivity and Fashola is an example of productivity , Fayemi, Oshiomhole , Aregbesola have just started .

Jonathan
I am not a man for sentiments , it has gotten to a stage that Nigeria must have a pass mark , I don't care whether you are from South South or North East or wherever , that is not my business. I want a president that can secure my interest. But with Jonathan, I have not seen anything he's doing. He's exactly too slow like Yaradua , they said he was too slow, he was even on the menu for beer parlours, they will say, give me yariadua. We need a President who is virile.

Its not a question of a President who is a graduate or been an ex Vice President , former Governor or Deputy Governor. Do your job and let people see it. People welcome him wherever he goes that South South can get it, now it has happened , now he should prove that yes, we have gotten it.

I must say with all sense of sincerity , I would not have chosen Jonathan. Reason being that a man who is the Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria must secure the interest of Nigerians first and foremost. Jonathan as the President has violated section 33 of the constitution, right to life. All those over forty five thousand people that died, Jonathan should be held responsible, before we now hold the Minister of Defense who was totally incompetent . I voted for Ribadu in all honesty , I don't hide it.

Be like Gani
First of all, I calm down, Secondly of all, I worked with him for more than ten years, I adopted his thinking, the way he does his things.

Growing up under Gani
It was tough, tedious and painful. I felt like an outcast . But I have now seen the jobs we are all supposed to do and the responsibilities.

Checkmating government
Now that I have registered my own chambers, I will have to study every single newspaper we purchase to see how I can checkmate government, the federal and state governments when they make mistakes. The Constitution is clear on certain issues. Where the federal government or the state government fails to appreciate certain things laid down by the constitution, we have to go to court. When these new people are sworn in we shall start a new legal battle, it is not a matter of it does not concern me, people never expected they were going to lose children during the bomb blast , so we can now see what Gani was saying then.

National Conscience Party
When my late father founded the party on 1st October, 1993, there was a crowd of over one hundred thousand at Ojota, where his statue is now placed, we call it the Gani Fawehinmi Park. Any body running under the National Conscience Party must be ready to work, you don't do last minute preparation and expect to be voted in. NCP lost woefully all over the country, even to FRESH that we don't know what the manifesto is. If you are for Gani , you must be ready to work for something and you will achieve it.

The NCP must have a minimum of five hundred thousand members before you start making choices. CAN that won in Lagos State and other states have been working for two years, PDP worked for over four years , you don't wait for when elections are coming and you start rushing, fund raising and other rubbish. That was not what my late father stood for. Even when I was voting , some people were saying, oga Mohammed , na NCP o. I said sorry, I am not a sycophant . I said NCP will be re - launched. That was my last statement in the press. So we must now go and re launch the party.
Ribadu

I believe in Ribadu. I believe if power is going to shift in 2015, Ribadu is going to be the best candidate the north can have, any other person is a wash out. Ribadu is the zero tolerant person the north can produce. If IBB wants to come back and try, he will fail. Buhari has seen the mistake and the rubbish he has caused now, his incitement has caused the clash, insecurity among the southern people domiciled in the north. That is an embarrassment and a disgrace on the part of Buhari who used to be a general and member of the Council of States. So it shows clearly he cannot protect the interest of Nigerians.

Lamido Sanusi

I have not seen what the CBN Governor has done. Have only seen him make all sorts of statements, all sort of seminars, lectures.

We want our currency simple. Let the naira be seven naira to one dollar, let the naira be five naira to one pound and gradually, we will have to appreciate our currency. In the banking industry, we have had recorded the biggest loss in the area of employment , he gave out six hundred and twenty billion to five of his cronies who he put in Intercontinental Bank , Oceanic and the rest of them.

What has become of them?. How have they transformed?. Oceanic, they say is going down, Union Bank, they want to buy them, So how did you spend this money?.Who is making you accountable for this money?. The fact that you are the CBN Governor should not mean you should dip your hands in the coffers and misbehave. He has spent more than a trillion , where is the proof it is coming back?

http://ekimogunsearchlight.com/gani_fawehinmi_chambers.php
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Kilode1: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2011
I totally agree with his views on the SSS and council of State.

Both bodies are Inherited military holdovers, redundant, undemocratic, oppressive and a total waste of space and money.

For those who are confused, the Nigerian SSS is totally different from the American SSS in it's formation and practice. Ours is more of a private Nazi SS protecting corrupt leaders.

Council of State is a comedic waste of space.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Kilode1: 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2011
I am not a man for sentiments , it has gotten to a stage that Nigeria must have a pass mark , I don't care whether you are from South South or North East or wherever , that is not my business. I want a president that can secure my interest. But with Jonathan, I have not seen anything he's doing. He's exactly too slow like Yaradua.

Just saying . .
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by OAM4J: 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
Tough words there!

The curse na wa!
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by eghost247(m): 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
Spitting fIRE
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
Unfortunately, the man will probably die a peaceful death, and will likely receive a state burial! Heck, he will probably die with a huge smile on his face. cry cry cry
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by slap1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^
Don't bet on it.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by passionate88: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2011
MENNNN, THe guy harsh for IBB o
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Sagamite(m): 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
Amen!

I add jara:

May he die a violent and slooooooooow death!
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by nagoma(m): 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
Typical Yoruba man , egocentric and boastful. Will never be the chip of the old bloke , will end up less than Femi Kuti, less than Bob Marley Junior . Gani's shoes are too big for this man. You have to inherit other qualities and not just the  bitterness, which is obviously multiplied in his mind. And is a lie , he has never met with Buhari's son.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by onyengbu: 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2011
Sagamite:

Amen!

I add jara:

May he die a violent and slooooooooow death!

Which one?

IBB abi Buhari? tongue tongue
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Pafuri(m): 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
Apart from being his father's son, what are his own credentials and/or achievements? Just wondering, no insult meant.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by honeric01(m): 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dreamers, IBB go die and even get state burial, can we say the same for this dude?
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Kilode1: 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
nagoma:

Typical Yoruba man , egocentric. Will never be the chip of the old bloke , will end up less than Femi Kuti, less than Bob Marley Junior . Gani's shoes are too big for this man. You have to inherit other qualities and not just the  bitterness, which is obviously multiplied in his mind.

Nagoma, Easy for you to say, since you did not grow up under constant daily torment and terror like this man.

He watched his dad suffer till he died, watched him hauled into mosquito infested jails across the country. never sure he will return alive.

Imagine you watching your dad hauled in jail and constantly followed and beaten up by government goons? Gani kept an emergency jail kit at his door for a long time.

If I were him, I'll be more bitter.

Even IBB killed Mamman Vasta and Murdered Gideon Orkar because they planned a coup. So wetin you dey talk?

As to your Yoruba reference, I don't know how his ethnicity affect this, anyway they will reply you soon.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by iykak47: 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
Wishing Ibb  or others dead wont prevent the wishers from dying also because there is no escape route, then why the excitement instead of sober reflection?
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Kilode1: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
honeric01:

Dreamers, IBB go die and even get state burial, can we say the same for this dude?

Not everyone need a State Burial. People still rever Hitler and Abacha till today. So?

Even if Mohammed Fawehinmi die unsung and unknown, it won't remove one dot from the fact that IBB is a killer, an incompetent leader and was a coward oppressor of the Gani Fawehinmi family.

Dude is very well entitled to his bitterness and anger.

Edit.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Sagamite(m): 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Which one?

IBB abi Buhari?  tongue  tongue

IBB.

Buhari should die a blessed, painless death.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2011
This boy just showed us his ignorance or prejudice by seemingly being unable to distinguish between Babangida who has wrecked Nigeria and Buhari who tried to fix the country.

Also by commending results of rigged elections.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
slap1:

^^
Don't bet on it.

Actually I will bet on it being the case. It is more likely the case that he will die, and the whole country will mourn him, probably a national holiday too. Even on Nairaland, we will create so many threads to PRAISE him and honor him. After-all, this is Nigeria.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Epiphany(m): 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Actually I will bet on it being the case. It is more likely the case that he will die, and the whole country will mourn him, probably a national holiday too. Even on Nairaland, we will create so many threads to PRAISE him and honor him. After-all, this is Nigeria.

+1: I totally agree

When IBB dies, he will die peacefully in his sleep, surrounded by ministers, former heads of state and maybe even the serving head of state (or at least, a serving VP). He will be given a state burial, that day will be declared a holiday and like Kobo says, the worms will come out of the woodwork on Nairaland to praise the man.

'Afterall, this TRULY, is Nigeria!
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Sagamite(m): 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2011
Epiphany:

When IBB dies, he will die peacefully in his sleep, surrounded by ministers, former heads of state and maybe even the serving head of state (or at least, a serving VP). He will be given a state burial, that day will be declared a holiday and like Kobo says, the worms will come out of the woodwork on Nairaland to praise the man.

That is part of the outcomes of their looting and destruction of social fibre.

The country is full of illiterate and half-baked cretins being ruled by illiterate and half-baked rogues. Our poorly funded education system keeps on churning more proud and chest-beating cretins.

One of the cretins I saw recently on NL was saying something like if you insult the president then you are insulting the people.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by honeric01(m): 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Not everyone needs a State Burial. People still rever Hitler and Abacha till today. So?

Even if Mohammed Fawehinmi die unsung and unknown, it does not remove one dot from the fact that IBB is a killer, an incompetent leader and was a coward oppressor of the Gani Fawehinmi family.

Dude is very well entitled to his bitterness and anger.

Are you saying IBB won't get a state burial? do you want to bet? undecided undecided undecided undecided (especially a PDP man)
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by freecocoa(f): 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2011
You go fear na.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by trimwis: 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2011
so so talk by the time the government give him a portfolio in Aso Rock he will keep quiet like Reuben Abati
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by slap1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
Epiphany:

That's mere lip service, it can't be from the heart. You can't compare his burial with MKO or Gani's, but let him die first.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Kilode1: 8:43pm On Nov 12, 2011
honeric01:

Are you saying IBB won't get a state burial? do you want to bet? undecided undecided undecided undecided (especially a PDP man)

Honeric, Haba you can read better than this, my point is clear;

I'm saying, So What?? What if ignorant idiots and souless bootlickers praise him? Then?

It does not matter, Mohammed Fawehinmi's words are still right and well directed. Even dead Hitler has loyalists and many brutal dictators got state burials all over history. It does not negate this man's anger. He only expressed a personal wish.

State burial or not, IBB was an incompetent leader and a murderer, regardless of how many Mercedes eventually escort his dead body to the graveyard.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by moderatorr: 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2011
buhari state burial ko?
boko haram ni.
Gaggaffi's type ji.
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by kassano22(m): 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
Death is a necessary end that will come when it will come. No be by force
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
Painful or painless
after ibb,then buhari
please,let them be fast!
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by yuboy: 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
na wa oooooooooooo.9ja guys y would u wish ur political gaints died now,no matter at happens dey stand to b a standing figures of d country now na wa ooooooooooooo,,i saw 9ja futures lies wit gen buhari
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by Kapardanie(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2011
, useless.I wish the evil freak to live long,so that he can be hanged by ,
Re: "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son by swezenberg(m): 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^Revolutionaries in Nigeria or I read something else, or you mean Niger republic, she na dis nairaland political tigers go hang am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election / Why I Killed Victor Banjo, Ifeajuna And Others – Ojukwu / The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.