Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 (9111 Views)

Etisalat's Now You're Porting TV Ads. / Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians / Upcoming Scriptwriter Wants To Create TV Ads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by mrinfo(m): 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
The year 2011 has witnessed its own fair share of television adverts in Nigerian TV stations. We bring to you the top 5 adverts that have made the most impact especially in creating awareness and brand building for the particular product or service it seeks to promote.

In choosing this list of most successful ads on TV we have taken into account the following criteria;

- Relevance of Message Idea: A Television ad has to draw attention to the product/service it promotes. Using a combination of tools and ideas the ad has to portray actions or messages relevant and in line with the product/ service intended image.
- Fun and Remembrance: It has been proven that an ad need not be serious to get attention. In fact the funnier an ad (with relevance of course) the better it is remembered and thus the more impression it makes on the viewers.
- Call to Action: According to one of the early masters of advertising David Ogilvy advertising should be regarded as a salesman and thus judged in terms of its return on investment. An effective ad shouldn’t seek only to create awareness. It also has to spur the viewer to want to make purchases or actually take advantage of the advertised product or service.
- Creativity: enough said.

We used the above criteria to keep our selection simple and straight to the point. Now, the top 5 most influential TV ads in Nigeria for 2011,

http://nairabrains.com/2011/11/top-5-most-influential-and-effective-tv-adverts-in-nigeria-for-2011/
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
I agree with you on this one
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by 2dmax(m): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
the worst
FUMMAN JUICE
Dont understand why any advert team that worth their onions should make oranges and apples talking before being plucked for extraction!
Its like killing them, besides kids were there too!
Bad, bad stuff!
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by efisher(m): 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2011
I love d close-up toothpaste ads that feature father and son. I think they are d most influential and interesting to watch.
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by Redstone(m): 10:20pm On Nov 13, 2011
For me, Ovaltine makes a memorable impact. I remember the song always and those healthy lively kids singing along. " I'm working on sunshine" it is wonderful, I love the ad.
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by mrinfo(m): 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2011
@ 2dmax, that juice ad certainly needed to be redone. I never hooked to it and have yet to see any one who loved the concept. And to add it was too cartoonic!!
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by 2dmax(m): 7:14am On Nov 16, 2011
mrinfo:

@ 2dmax, that juice ad certainly needed to be redone. I never hooked to it and have yet to see any one who loved the concept. And to add it was too cartoonic!!
apart from being 'cartoonic', the ad was pure crass. No msg, no content, nuthin! The ad coy just wanted to make us know fumman isnt worth it!
Anoda is astymin, imagine a supposed family doin catwalk on a white background. Unserious looking guy struting his stuff, an older lukin lady posing as wife, plump daughter, bla!
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by mrinfo(m): 1:42am On Nov 17, 2011
making a good commercial is never easy
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by 2dmax(m): 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2011
^^^ yeah, lyk vicks, speak up nigeria!
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by mrinfo(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2011
@ 2dmax are you in the advertising industry?
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by bobbyL(m): 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
Did you forget HYPO? The advert may seem dumb but I don't need to tell you guys how many people now use hypo. It was absolutely effective and influential.
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by VoodooDoll(m): 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2011
GEJ's viral adverts should be there.

Love them or hate them, they did their job ruthlessly.
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by Funkymallam(m): 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
Cant forget 'FANTER! PLAY ITS NATURAL'. The teacher and her students, xpecially d young girl on d second row, the way she moves her head.
Always look forward to dat ad. My list should b:
1. Indomie
2. Cowbell
3. Fanter
4. Always ultral (those young sch girls).
5. Eazyblaze
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by 27naira(m): 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
choc choc choc chocomilo, chocomilo one by one choc choc choc chocomilo. CHOCOMILO MILO MILO  grin grin

The real chicken flavor, Magi Chicken is the one, delicious exciting, Magi chicken is the one  cry

which other one    cry i miss naija!
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by kunmibola(m): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2011
1. Indomie(Mama too gud o) tongue
2. Cowbell(Cowbello, our milk. Evribodi evribodi.) cool
3.Close up(father and son) grin
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by 2kurupt(m): 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2011
Definitely easyblaze. Looks comical but message was on point.
Indomie's ' mama do good' ad is a classic, makes one wannabe a six year old again
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by mickeyjag(m): 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2011
Laugh out Loud ads from Benneton

Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by mickeyjag(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2011
, More

Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by Bobbyendy: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2011
Ogbonge milk e don come back again everibody cowbell o. Cowbellocracy killed it with dat song. D sond was so on piont d message was delivered. Etisalat equally did it with d recharge promo dats interpreter was dam good.lolz
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by DynamicGal: 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2011
I LOVE YO. YO MAKES ME FEEL SO GOOD wink. Always look forward to that Advert. It has a kinky side to it.
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 17, 2011
mickey jag:

Laugh out Loud ads from Benneton

^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh boy create new topic. If u no sabi, ask. Which kain Nigerian be dis sef?
My people, na the links to the adverts be this. Enjoy

Etisalat EasyBlaze
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGgegTqXnBo[/flash]

Cowbellocracy
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOx8N5KW4Hc[/flash]

Indomie Mama do good
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwSjs8MsjdM[/flash]
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by kidd211: 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2011
The best TV Ad for 2011 has got to be the Aiico Pension Managers Ad, it's so creative and rich in depth; you'd actually think it was not conceptualized by Nigerians.
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by bakenda(m): 5:43pm On Nov 17, 2011
Redstone:

For me, Ovaltine makes a memorable impact. I remember the song always and those healthy lively kids singing along. " I'm working on sunshine" it is wonderful, I love the ad.

same here
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by chicanita: 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2011
For me the best is GT Assurance, our partners from China grin
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by Frankies(m): 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2011
You people are forgetting that useless ad where a young boy said ''it is my brother's ball''

Just imagine encouraging children to jump into an unconfirmed pit just in the name of ad.

Another advert where those children entered in an abandoned building to look for their ball . Just imagine if there are dangerous animals or people . I hate that those adverts for the same product.
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2011
My best is the 'pomo' tomato paste advert. My mummy is d best cook in d world, so sticky and memorable!
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by Dele99: 7:47pm On Nov 17, 2011
To me the worst is Dansa fruit juice, A lady trying to pluck an orange is being stopped by a man at a time like this when natural fruit is preferred over artificial drinks
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by honeymix77(m): 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2011
Always (Pad) i love the way those girls sing and dance. maltina's advert too is ok. but i always enjoy max & oliver very short and precise.
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by ONWARDBABA: 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2011
MY BEST ADVERT IS STABIC IBTC BANK THE 3D WORK WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD SO SHORT AND SIMPLE I LOVE IT ALSO THE NOBLE CARPET
STABIC IBTC BANK
NOBEL CARPET
OVATINE
COWBELL
IDOMIE
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by tigerleggs(m): 11:10pm On Nov 17, 2011
I'll ever stay connected with Indomie ad-Mama do good. They way those kids jumped the lady, the look of surprise from the lady and the way they were twisting their waist especially the girl in skimpi skirt. My three years old niece would do anything to watch that ad and now eats Indomie very well. My one year old son hit a wall and cut his head trying to watch the ad. The creator of the ad is a genius.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by Youngsage: 11:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
How come no one has mentioned fayrouz's ad? That's one of the best ads so far this year.
Also MTN's 10th year anniversary ad is really great, slides from their old ads brought together to make one ad. I mean, the creator is something else.
Re: The 5 Most Effective And Influential Tv Ads In 2011 by mrinfo(m): 4:12am On Nov 18, 2011
@ muskeeto thanks for the videos, @Funkymallam, No much difference between your list and ours. agreed the fanta ad was good but we profiled only 5

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Cocoa Production Rises By 28%, Now Largest Non-oil Export Earner / Internation Virtacoin Exchangers To Be Listed / Ways Not To Get Scammed On Alibaba!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.