Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,900 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow (2152 Views)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / My Laptop Is Very Slow / Usb Fast Link Modem Very Slow And Disconnecting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow by chux76(m): 7:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
I have an ASUS Eee PC Net-book with the following specifications:

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z520 @ 1.33GHz 1.33GHz
Memory: 2GB RAM
System type : 32-bit OS
HDD: 160GB

It actually came with a Windows XP OS but i formatted it and installed Windows 7 OS 32bit on it,I have even downloaded and installed most of the drivers from its website but the system still acts kinda crazy sometimes.many times it would freeze and programs will not respond,then later it responds. I have scanned it with AVAST anti virus and CC Cleaner to rid it of viruses but the problem persist sometimes.

I am contemplating downgrading it back to Windows XP,but I really would like to have the Windows 7 on it.

Pls advice,what do I do?
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY
Re: Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow by femi4: 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2011
check for program compatibility, one of the installed programs might the compatible with the version of your window
Re: Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow by chux76(m): 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2011
What compatibility program are you talking about,please enlighten me about it please.
Re: Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow by femi4: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2011
Check all softwares installed on your pc to be sure that your system config can handle them
Re: Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow by uselo: 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2011
Go back 2 windows XP and ur problem will be solved.
Re: Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow by marleygab(m): 12:22am On Nov 29, 2011
if you have been using the laptop for a long time or you got the fairly used and again it started slowing down gradually untill it got this bad then i think the problem is simply lots of errors on the registry, there are softwares that will fix this but they aint free so what do i recommend? backup your system and then format the whole thing from head to toe.
Re: Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow by Maleeq(m): 4:22am On Nov 29, 2011
I'd go with @uselo on this one. Perhaps the specifications of the netbook isn't good enough to handle the requirements of Windows 7? Also, the starter edition would be advisable as its a rather stripped version of the OS which should on netbooks better.
Re: Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow by chux76(m): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2011
Maleeq:

I'd go with @uselo on this one. Perhaps the specifications of the netbook isn't good enough to handle the requirements of Windows 7? Also, the starter edition would be advisable as its a rather stripped version of the OS which should on netbooks better.

Is it a starter edition for Windows 7? Where can i get it? I really would wish to continue using Windows 7,but where my options are exhausted,I will have no choice but please fellow NLanders, dont let me exhaust my options, Help me out.
Re: Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow by Maleeq(m): 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
@chux76

Where's your location? But I am pretty sure you'd get it from regular computer/wares outlets closest to you.
Re: Pls Help: My Mini Laptop Running Very Slow by cool0: 7:32am On Jan 28, 2015
Is your laptop slow because of software issues or hardware?

Software Related
- Defragmenting the PC could help speed up the computer
- Check your computer for spyware - this is a big possibility. These programs hog up your RAM while trying to display ads. Most people have some form of spyware on their computer and don't know it.
- Virus
- Are you using Vista or Windows 7? Vista itself is a RESOURCE hog - extremely inefficient OS. Xp is actually better than Vista, imo.
- Turn off unnecessary services (go to run and type in services.msc) - look on the web to see which services that you can safely turn off. Just type in "services.msc" in Google and you'll get some results.

Hardware Related
- overheating PC/faulty fan
- not enough RAM/install another stick of RAM (if there's space)

I can advise you to download this software, http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ Good Registry Cleaner which can extremely help to improve your computer and Internet performance dramatically! Do all these and Perform speed here http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ once it will sounds better ..

Hope it helps.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where To Register Multilinks Modem? / Obtain Etisalat (9mobile) 4.5GB For Just N500- Awuf Give Away Data Plan / Your Favourite Torrent Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.