Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu (9808 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Malari Village In Konduga / Military Men Storm Abala Village In Search Of Lost Arms / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by macjive01: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2011
Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village- Best In Africa

With the completion, the State Government ordered all mechanics in the capital city to move their workshops to the village
ARTICLE | NOVEMBER 12, 2011 - 4:18PM | BY ADAEGO OGBULAFOR

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJnmuRlmMddYqxIOg4p88cjzXrIyLv4DJ2rPLsF_Iodt-cvXoTKg[/img]
The Enugu State Government has ordered all mechanics in the state capital to relocate to the Mechanic Village built for them by the government.

The State Commissioner for Capital Territory Development, Ikechukwu Ugwuegede, gave the order in Enugu on Friday.

"As we speak, the mechanic village is ready for them to move in.  From next week, we are going to remove all abandoned vehicles which are clogging our roads.

"So we intend to make the roads that we have built with our lean resources available for everybody. Nobody is allowed to convert a residential lot into a mechanic activity because he or she has not gotten space from his union in the mechanic village,” Ugwuegede said.

He said that the ministry was in touch with the mechanic union for the provision of spaces to its members and had begun towing vehicles either wrongly parked on roads or abandoned.

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThxHdluCIhGnsAYIx9UfxuHIqcf06d77kKuQps1eI5oi-f7Qpggg[/img]
The Commissioner also warned motorists against indiscriminate parking of cars, saying that offenders would be made to pay fines.

On the deadline for the movement, the commissioner said it was a continuous process as efforts were being made to provide more spaces for the mechanics.

He explained that the ministry was in charge of the development of local governments in the capital city including, Enugu East, North and South councils.

"Our job is to ensure that infrastructures provided by government are properly used. We want to make this city attractive and conducive for investors."

The capital territory development ministry is one of the four new ministries created by Governor Sullivan Chime’s administration in his second tenure.

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php?topic=671.0
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by macjive01: 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
looks lovely, i think its even better than some in western world; estonia, latvia and romania.

chop knuckle Gov chime.
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by Relax101(m): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2011
Good job. Enugu is not my home but I hopefully want to live there.
My cousins live there at the moment.
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by EkoIle1: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2011
lol @ best in Africa.

ibo people and their low self esteem sha. This is a freeking garage abi work shed. Why do you people use bogus and ridiculous nonsense like mega, massive, huge, best in the world?

Who are you people fooling? Yourselves of course,
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by manny4life(m): 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2011
Well Mr. Eko, thank you for reminding us that it's a garage, the low esteem and how we're fooling ourselves, Anything else? grin grin grin Now, if you have nothing else to say, save your complex for the next thread about "ibo" success. LOL, LLS, cheesy cheesy cheesy

@OP, great job to Mr. Chime, that's wasup he's doing something for his state patriotic citizens wink smiley smiley
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by macjive01: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^ Eko ile, tell us which one have u seen that is better than it? i dont think its best in the world but in Africa. . .  im afraid i wud have to say yes.
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by aljharem(m): 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2011
Nice, I guess this would reduce mechanics on the road side and also quake mechanics

although Macjieve, what would be the advantage of this development to Enugu state ? smiley
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by okstol: 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2011
@Eko "ole", must u tell us dat u ve got no home training? U always sound pathetic with ur delusional post all d time. Someone is celebrating the achievement of his state governor and u all u ve to say was d crap dat u just dropped. Aint u d fool*lish dude dat was eulogizing BRF for buying scrapped Canadian city trains? I think u just escaped from a psychiatric home. Ewu ohia.
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by manny4life(m): 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2011
alj harem:

Nice, I guess this would reduce mechanics on the road side and also quake mechanics

although Macjieve, what would be the advantage of this development to Enugu state ? smiley

The socioeconomic and environmental impact to Enugu state; that's an advantage.
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by BlackBaron: 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ best in Africa.

ibo people and their low self esteem sha.  This is a freeking garage abi work shed. Why do you people use bogus and ridiculous nonsense like mega, massive, huge, best in the world?

Who are you people fooling? Yourselves of course,
Dude, what have you built?

@ topic Are those pics of the auto village or just a random pic  undecided
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by aljharem(m): 6:07pm On Nov 13, 2011
manny4life:

The socioeconomic and environmental impact to Enugu state; that's an advantage.

Hmmm manny4life, I do understand the environmental impact given that normal mechanics pour there oil waste in water ways etc

I am not too sure of the socio-economic Impact.

please explain smiley
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by manny4life(m): 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2011
alj harem:

Hmmm manny4life, I do understand the environmental impact given that normal mechanics pour there oil waste in water ways etc

I am not too sure of the socio-economic Impact.

please explain smiley

Great that you understand the environmental aspect,  grin grin grin

I will start with the social aspect before the economic aspect

The social aspect comes to play when you have these men and women who are mechanics, come together under one umbrella for a common purpose. They share ideas perhaps on further improving working conditions, work-related complaints and comments amongst themselves with their unions, assistance of each other, perhaps volunteering, exploring different diversity, it can improve on mechanic education ----peer-to-peer mentoring etc. I mean the opportunity is endless i.e. if they utilize their time and resources judiciously.

Economic --- It promotes healthy competition such as better offering of goods and services, removal of  or lesser restrictions to newer entrants, easy regulation of mechanics including certification, increase in knowledge, experience, improvement to personal finances, etc

I cannot begin to list so many things but I hope u get the idea
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by ifyalways(f): 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2011
BlackBaron:

@ topic Are those pics of the auto village or just a random pic  undecided
Good question.

There are Mechanic Villages @ Orji and Nekede road,both are "just there"(being very nice with words)
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by macjive01: 6:31pm On Nov 13, 2011
nekede and orji are the same as ENUGU?

is there any resemblance in their spelling, love ?
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by aljharem(m): 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2011
manny4life:

Great that you understand the environmental aspect,  grin grin grin

The social aspect comes to play when you have these men and women who are mechanics, come together under one umbrella for a common purpose. They share ideas perhaps on further improving working conditions, work-related complaints and comments amongst themselves with their unions, assistance of each other, perhaps volunteering, exploring different diversity, it can improve on mechanic education ----peer-to-peer mentoring etc. I mean the opportunity is endless i.e. if they utilize their time and resources judiciously.

Economic --- It promotes healthy competition such as better offering of goods and services, removal of  or lesser restrictions to newer entrants, easy regulation of mechanics including certification, increase in knowledge, experience, improvement to personal finances, etc

grin grin grin abi if I no understand i have to ask na wink

Hmmm thank a lot

I see, it means this is actually a good initiative then. Kudos for this
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by aljharem(m): 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2011
macjive01:

the pictures, does it deplete the real working condition in the autovillage or a random picture ?
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by okstol: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2011
@Alh.Haram, d economic advantage is dat a proper revenue will be generated and accounted for from d mechanic village. Why i said so is bc, mechanics don't pay tax. The funny thing is dat u can't get them (whether with olokpa or not). Most of d time when I goes to d mechanic workshop to get my wheels done, u will see them taking on their heels. Why? cos olokpa is after them coz of tax evasion. So putting them in dis mechanic village will surely help d state government to contain such. My two cents shaa
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by aljharem(m): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2011
okstol:

@Alh.Haram, d economic advantage is dat a proper revenue will be generated and accounted for from d mechanic village. Why i said so is bc, mechanics don't pay tax. The funny thing is dat u can't get them (whether with olokpa or not). Most of d time when I goes to d mechanic workshop to get my wheels done, u will see them taking on their heels. Why? cos olokpa is after them coz of tax evasion. So putting them in dis mechanic village will surely help d state government to contain such. My two cents shaa

Correct sir, very good initiative i must say
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by paniki(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2011
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by paniki(m): 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2011
Don't you people have dealer service workshops whereby if your car gets broken you take it back to where you bought it so that they can fix it under the manufacture warranty
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by manny4life(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2011
paniki:

Don't you people have dealer service workshops whereby if your car gets broken you take it back to where you bought it so that they can fix it under the manufacture warranty

In Nigeria? Yeah right? I doubt that they do, in all honesty if they do, I will be very much surprised. grin grin grin

alj harem:

grin grin grin abi if I no understand i have to ask na wink

Hmmm thank a lot

I see, it means this is actually a good initiative then. Kudos for this

No problem, like @okstol said, taxes, I did not know that Mechanics pay taxes embarassed embarassed embarassed, but he raised a good point.
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by macjive01: 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2011
@ paniki, abegi, carry ur south-african wahala comot here. . . lol
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by ifyalways(f): 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2011
macjive01:

Oh Chim.

Point is,it's not yet uhuru till the work is completed,the village functioning and perharps a realtime "image" of the new ultra modern complex is posted.
Nekede and Orji are both mechanic villages and they are both an eyesore.

The afore mentioned benefits of a mechanic village aside,I personally think its a good inititative as it would keep those guys in cheeck.I've lost counts of number of times i've had to run at sighting some mechanics.Some of them just don't give a hoot about their appreance.tattered clothes,charcoal black bodies,dirty unwashed hair and carrying a heavy metal too,hmmn.Lawdhavemercy.
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by ak47mann(m): 7:15pm On Nov 13, 2011
chime is correct guy i like his way ,  cool
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by SamMilla1(m): 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2011
I am happy that my suggestion to my state govt got approved and is being worked on. The advantages are numerous.UP CHIME
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by ifyalways(f): 7:21pm On Nov 13, 2011
paniki:

Your people have warranty for "tokumbo" cars and/or how many new cars do you see on Naija roads
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by okstol: 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2011
@Ify, u are totally spot on.
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by Biggoozz: 8:09pm On Nov 13, 2011
Now can Anambrea State governor pls borrow a leaf from Chime his next door neighbour if he claims he doesn't know how to develop a state. I don't know if I can gather enough courage to visit that state again as from Onitsha to the HQ;Awka are the filthiest eyesore I've ever seen coupled with unending gully erosion all along the federal highway.
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by Dede1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2011
@POST

Did governor Chime make provision for constant power supply to the mechanic village? Without steady supply of electrical power, the place could be turned into junkyard in a month.
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by Jenifa1: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2011
this is great!!

paniki,
those are oyinbo men I see in your pics. are you sure that's enugu? Or is this for white mechanics?
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 13, 2011
Re: Chime Complete 21st Century Automobile Village In Enugu by redsun(m): 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2011
manny4life:

Great that you understand the environmental aspect, grin grin grin

Economic --- It promotes healthy competition such as better offering of goods and services, removal of or lesser restrictions to newer entrants, easy regulation of mechanics including certification, increase in knowledge, experience, improvement to personal finances, etc

Nobody could have said it better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Declares 20th & 21st August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr / FG To Commence With Free Meals For 5.5million School Children From September / Budget Padding: Buhari Won’t Shield Dogara, Others From Trial — Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.