Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,130 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:28 AM

History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! (1229 Views)

Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). / Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? / Wonders Of The Biafran War Tech (ogbunigwe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Relax101(m): 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2011
“In October 1967, the federal troops, having captured and secured Enugu, the capital of Biafra were on their way to Awka and Onitsha, the commercial nerve centre of Biafra, through the old Enugu-Awka-Onitsha road. The well armed, heavily equipped federal troops, with their superior fire power, encountered a battalion of poorly equipped, out-gunned and virtually exhausted Biafran troops at the Ugwuoba Bridge, few kilometers into Awka. However the Biafran troops had on hand some of their air defence dust mines. Unable to withstand the superior firepower of the federal troops, they began to run for their dear lives carrying along with them their air defence ‘mines’. Their resourceful commander (whose name has escaped my memory) ordered them back and commanded them to place the air defence mines horizontally rather than vertically as designed and fire them on the approaching federal troops to see what would happen and thereafter run for their dear lives. The command was promptly carried out. Indeed, the federal troops could not understand what hit them. The effect of the horizontal detonation of the air defense dust mines was very devastating leading to loss of many federal troops, as well loss of large quantities of arms and ammunitions some of which got completely burnt. The devastation was, indeed, very extensive particularly in the unintended loss of military personnel, some of who died from the shock waves generated by the unexpected explosions. The mass of water, from the river below the bridge, was thrown up and widely spread by the generated waves, thus adding to the trauma of the advancing troops.

“The following morning some members of the S&T Group were summoned to Ugwuoba Bridge by the military to help explain the new phenomenon and what really had happened to make the air defense dust mines accomplish what they did. Meanwhile, the people of Amansi Awka, the neighbouring village, were called out to the scene to help in burying the dead. An elderly man from Amansi Awka on seeing the large number of dead soldiers along the bridge exclaimed in Igbo: “ogbuefa n’igwe” (the dust mine had killed them in masses or massively). That was how the otherwise anti-aircraft “Air Dust Mine” got its name ogbunigwe (mass killer) and the S&T Group came to be referred to by the generality of the Biafra public as ogbunigwe people.

http://www.gbooza.com/group/nigeriapolitics/forum/topics/3-decades-after-military#axzz1dbL5UWtK
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2011
Tales by the moonlight, embellishment, distortions and outright lies. The propaganda continues.
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Relax101(m): 6:07pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^^ I dnt have the time to argue with your block infested brain.
I had to put this info up to let people know why it was called Ogbunigwe.
I no get time to argue with you.
Wait make I go call Alh harem for you.
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2011
Relax101:

^^^ I dnt have the time to argue with your block infested brain.
I had to put this info up to let people know why it was called Ogbunigwe.
I no get time to argue with you.
Wait make I go call Alh harem for you.

Argue with me? Like you have what it takes? Self deluded rat.
LOL grin grin grin He will call alj harem for me as if he is any smarter than him!!!! You people are unbelievable!
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Relax101(m): 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
Aigbofa:

Argue with me? Like you have what it takes? Self deluded rat.

I no get your time.

Hope you are happy.

Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^^^^^

Just take your vacuous arse and scram, make I see better weather.
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Relax101(m): 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2011
Now what's the problem?
You dnt believe, they produced Ogbunigwe or you just one sick jealous fellow who goes crazy when things like things are mentioned?

Aigbofa:

Tales by the moonlight, embellishment, distortions and outright lies. The propaganda continues.

You be real fool.
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2011
Relax101:

Now what's the problem?
You dnt believe, they produced Ogbunigwe or you just one sick jealous fellow who goes crazy when things like things are mentioned?

You be real fool.

Yeah, one that is discerning enough to know when I'm being sold a dummy. And Biafrans have a lot of dummies to sell. Like ogbunigwe aka Anti Aircraft Missile!!

Like I said earlier, give it 50 more years and we will hear about Biafran exploration to Jupiter.
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Relax101(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2011
Aigbofa:

Yeah, one that is discerning enough to know when I'm being sold a dummy. And Biafrans have a lot of dummies to sell. Like ogbunigwe aka Anti Aircraft Missile!!

Like I said earlier, give it 50 more years and we will hear about Biafran exploration to Jupiter.

Ok, I get it now. Do you believe they built armored vehicles and rockets?
Also, where did you see any mention of Anti aircraft missile on this thread?
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2011
Relax101:

Ok, I get it now. Do you believe they built armored vehicles and rockets?
Also, where did you see any mention of Anti aircraft missile on this thread?

Of course they did; In your self deluded fantasy.

Are we backing away from the Anti Aircraft balderdash already? I guess my job is done.
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Relax101(m): 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2011
Aigbofa:

Of course they did; In your self deluded fantasy.

Are we backing away from the Anti Aircraft balderdash already? I guess my job is done.

You ve proven one thing to me, you are a sick jealous fellow. lol.
You simply do not exist.
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2011
Relax101:

You ve proven one thing to me, you are a sick jealous fellow. lol.
You simply do not exist.

Yes I do. I'm that tiny little voice in your mind that says; Don't stretch the truth too far, someone might be watching.
It pays to be honest, even when there's a heavy price to pay.
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Relax101(m): 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2011
If they can build Biafra armored vehicles, rockets then what is difficult in producing ogbunigwe? lol "Common Ogbunigwe"
They were not scared to strech their limits.
Mehn, you must be a product of lazy and dull descendants.
You are pathetic and you simply dont exist.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQkIQuK7A50[/flash]

I no go reply your lazy and sorry arrrrsssse again.
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^^^^^^

Biafrans may go down in history as the only people who built an entire civilization only in their minds!

It's good though, because anything is possible in the realm of fantasy, but please don't come to Nairaland to tell me they were real.
Re: History Lessons: The Name Ogbunigwe! by ikeyman00(m): 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^^^

my friend just get out of the way cool

(1) (Reply)

Is Election Fraud, Misrepresentation, Forgery And Falsification Lawful ? / Nigeria Military Arrest Suspected Boko Haram Sponsor In Kaduna / World Bank: NY Times Picks Okonjo-iweala Over Obama’s Choice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.