Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know - Islam for Muslims (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know (30609 Views)

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Praise And Admiration By Prominent Non-muslims For Islam and the Prophet / Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2012
I am batman
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by emofine2(f): 8:13pm On May 23, 2012
Do Muslims also forbid illustrating the other prophets besides Mohammed?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by vedaxcool(m): 8:37pm On May 23, 2012
So the hypocrites moved this thread from the religious section finally, There must be serious double standards going on in here.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by BIGERBOY1: 8:50pm On May 23, 2012
The mods should move this back to the religion section... It is meant to answer questions of non Muslims..
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by tbaba1234: 11:46pm On May 23, 2012
Address your complaints to

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/31

It makes no sense bringing it here and leaving anti-Islamic post on the general section...
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by tbaba1234: 11:50pm On May 23, 2012
emöfine2: Do Muslims also forbid illustrating the other prophets besides Mohammed?

All prophets are given reverence.. That is why after mentioning every name we pray for peace and blessings on the prophet.

We make no difference between them in terms of belief..
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by emofine2(f): 12:37am On May 24, 2012
^^^

Thus are Muslims displeased with the many illustrations of Jesus?

Are they more likely to be cross of a depiction of Mohammed?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by tbaba1234: 1:10am On May 24, 2012
emöfine2: ^^^
Thus are Muslims displeased with the many illustrations of Jesus?

Are they more likely to be cross of a depiction of Mohammed?

Muslims are displeased with the depictions of Jesus(AS) but have no control over it because it is done by people who claim to be followers. In the case of the prophet, we are his followers. It is natural to be less cross since it is practiced by those who claim to follow him.

The prophet (SAW) forbade pictures and depictions of him so that people do not give reverence due to God to a portrait of him as is common in many sects of Christianity.

Christians are unfortunately inured to Jesus(AS) being made fun of and it hurts me to see that.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by mkmyers45(m): 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
Why can't a muslim intepret the Qu'ran for himself?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by tbaba1234: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
^ The Qu'ran was revealed as a conversation between the prophet and many groups of people, muslims, Jews, christians, Pagans e.t.c... Allah inspired his prophet with His words.... It is important to understand the context behind every revelation to fully comprehend the message... Otherwise, you can end up with dangerous and deviated conclusions...

This is why you have to study the quran, not just read it.... That way you can arrive at the right conclusions....

In recent times, we have extremist movements (violent and non-violent) whose ideologies are based on very poor, literal interpretations of the ayahs of the Quran..

So interpretation of the Quran by a muslim must be based on proper study of its history and classical arabic.. A muslim with this backgroud is best placed to intrepret the Quran...
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by mkmyers45(m): 7:57am On Oct 06, 2012
Aham..its puzzling that Gods word cant be understood by a lay-man who stumbles across it..
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by tbaba1234: 8:22am On Oct 06, 2012
^ The message of Islam is clear, worship one God without partners on his terms.... The Qu'ran says of itself that the fundamentals of the faith are straight-forward and simple... The problem is trying to put your own interpretation to things that might be so clear, many translated qurans come with commentaries to guide the reader anyway... Anyone who comes to the quran with an intellectual humility will find guidance if Allah wills...

it is He who has sent this Scripture down to you [Prophet]. Some of its verses are definite in meaning–these are the cornerstone c of the Scripture–and others
are ambiguous. The perverse at heart eagerly pursue the ambiguities in their attempt to make trouble and to pin down a specific meaning of their own: only God knows the true meaning.. (Surah 3:7)
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by ParisLove2(f): 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
The quran is not in chronological order, all real scholar agree to this! But there was such order obviously. The first "revelation" came to muhammad in the cave. But it has number 96 in the quran. There are medina-surahs (came first). And mecca-surahs (came later). Now the order is completely mixed up !!
So, this is my question; WHO HAS CORRUPTED THE QURAN BY PLACING SURAHS IN THE WRONG ORDER ? AND WHEN ?? AND MOST IF ALL ...WHY !!! REMEMBER: YOUR ALLAH DOES NOT LIKE HIS WORDS BEING CHANGED FROM THEIR RIGHT PLACES (SURAH5:13).
AND THIS TIME NO SILLY EXCUSES AND LOGICAL FALLACIES, BUT A DIRECT HONEST ANSWER WITH REFERENCES, ETC ...PLEASE !!!
undecided undecided angry
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by ghazzal: 11:37am On Oct 09, 2012
mkmyers45: Aham..its puzzling that Gods word cant be understood by a lay-man who stumbles across it..
@tbaba answered correctly.
in another words, anyone can read and understand the Quran but if you read the english version(which i read), you should understand that there is not direct/perfect translation from Arabic which is a richer language to english....e.g i saw a tread someone wrote "allah"(small a) i thought initially it should be "big A" but again, i thought that it does not change the meaning...in arabic, "allah is different from illah" but in english, allah must be big "G". this is a simple difference.

so while someone read the Quran, and a verse is not clear, ask people who know better or get books that explain it in details(with the history of why the verse came about). an example is when a friend Qouted Q2:191 for me, initially, i said it is not in the Quran cos i know it is against Islamic teachings to kill unjustly. When i went and read it, i got confused as to why, so i asked someone who knows better. he refered to the history and i understand it was about self defence. they were trying to oppress but opression can only be stopped if it is opposed (i read it too).

but unfortunately, people are just too lazy to read and to even ask has become a problem....
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by tbaba1234: 4:43am On Oct 24, 2012
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by abdulg: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2012
Dear Brothers /Sisters, Please promote "Know about your religion" https://www./aboutreligion/#!/groups/aboutreligion/
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by tbaba1234: 9:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ask Your Questions about Islam here!!
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by DanielNoble(m): 12:49pm On Dec 09, 2012
tbaba1234:

Thanks for your question:

A lot of terrible things have been done in the name of all religions, this is not peculiar to islam, People used christianity to justify the spanish inquisitions, the crusades, blowing abortion clinics, the slave trade. e.t.c. But this is clearly against the values of christianity.

The vast majority of muslims do not support the murder of innocent people. The Quran states " , killing an innocent person is like killing the whole of humanity and saving a life is like saving the whole of humanity".

Islamic scholars generally have rounded condemned acts of terror by muslims. Islam respects the values of all other beliefs. The Quran states:

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error:whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy
hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things." (Q 2: 256)

thank you
but the whole muslim world is in support of Hamas and Osama!!
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by DanielNoble(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
ghazzal:
@tbaba answered correctly.
in another words, anyone can read and understand the Quran but if you read the english version(which i read), you should understand that there is not direct/perfect translation from Arabic which is a richer language to english....e.g i saw a tread someone wrote "allah"(small a) i thought initially it should be "big A" but again, i thought that it does not change the meaning...in arabic, "allah is different from illah" but in english, allah must be big "G". this is a simple difference.

so while someone read the Quran, and a verse is not clear, ask people who know better or get books that explain it in details(with the history of why the verse came about). an example is when a friend Qouted Q2:191 for me, initially, i said it is not in the Quran cos i know it is against Islamic teachings to kill unjustly. When i went and read it, i got confused as to why, so i asked someone who knows better. he refered to the history and i understand it was about self defence. they were trying to oppress but opression can only be stopped if it is opposed (i read it too).

but unfortunately, people are just too lazy to read and to even ask has become a problem....
is oppression a good Justification for killing
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by DanielNoble(m): 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2012
tbaba1234:

All prophets are given reverence.. That is why after mentioning every name we pray for peace and blessings on the prophet.

We make no difference between them in terms of belief..
dont they have peace already in heaven? Peace be upon them meaning what?
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by usisky(m): 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2012
DanielNoble: dont they have peace already in heaven? Peace be upon them meaning what?

You Sir is an intelligent person. This is how God loves to see us use our BRAINS. Let see what the learned MULLAH(s) have to say about this. Also, i personally would want to know why this is:

1)For Muhammad(S.A.W)

2)For other prophets(A.S)

I want to understand why the distinction?

Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by tbaba1234: 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2012
DanielNoble: dont they have peace already in heaven? Peace be upon them meaning what?

Thanks for your Question, Islam is based on two sources, i. The Quran ii. The way of the prophet.

We send peace upon the prophets because

i. We are directed to do so in the Quran

“Allah and his angels send blessings on the prophet, o you who believe, send blessings on him and salute him with all respect.” [Qur’an, 33:56]

ii. The prophet told us to do so:

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “whoever sends blessings upon me, Allaah will send blessings upon him tenfold.” Narrated by Muslim (384).

It is an act of respect to the prophet and by extension all prophets... May Allah's peace and blessings be on them all.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by tbaba1234: 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2012
Please read through before asking questions, there is a good chance, your question has already been addressed.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by usisky(m): 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2012

tbaba1234: Thanks for your Question, Islam is based on two sources, i. The Quran ii. The way of the prophet.

Peace Brother. I disagree with your conclusion above. Can you by any means prove why you are inclined to such belief?
I ask this because when you study the Quran carefully, consistently God tells the reader about the Quran, Torah, Gospel, Psalms and other scriptures been inspired to other prophets. Now my questions are as thus:

1)Why did the Quran mention all these other scriptures including the Quran by name, yet fail to mention the other source you hint at as been inspired concurrently to Muhammad- not even once by name considering its significance(that without it the Quran cannot be understood)?

2)How come of all the prophets, Muhammad was the only prophet who had two sources for the religion- given the fact that the Quran only mentions a single source for all other prophets and messengers? If i am wrong, then correct me.

3)Is there any way one can confirm your allusion....maybe by giving just one verse from the Quran that directly(unambiguously) mentions this other source? For instance when the Quran says the follow:"......while you have no power over them. Therefore, remind with this Quran, those who reverence My warnings."[50:45]

We can safely and unequivocally conclude that this verse references the Quran as been the source Muhammad should preach...any similar verse pointing at this other source?

Tbaba: We send peace upon the prophets because

i. We are directed to do so in the Quran

“Allah and his angels send blessings on the prophet, o you who believe, send blessings on him and salute him with all respect.” [Qur’an, 33:56]

First, the above is blatant mistranslation and an invitation to idolatry. No where in the Quran do we find God inviting people to the idolization of His servants(Angels, prophets and messengers). No where in the Quran do you find God asking anybody to commemorate or praise any of His servants; rather, consistently you find the quran exhorting the believers to commemorate/praise God at all times. Here are the problems with this dangerous teaching:

1)The prophets and messengers are dead. They cannot hear us, they have no idea what we are up to here on earth. When you consistently praise/commemorate them, this gives the idea that they can hear you and thereby bestowing upon them "omnipresence" attribute. But we know God alone is omnipresent. This is why we find the Quran tells us to put our trust in the living GOD who never dies:

[25:58]You shall put your trust in the One who is Alive - the One who never dies - and praise Him and glorify Him. He is fully Cognizant of His creatures' sins.

2)The Quran tells us all the messengers and prophets are assured of eternal bliss. If this is the case, then sending salutations on them is pointless since they can neither hear you nor does it add or devalue their position at God, and definitely it adds nothing to You except God's anger.

3)Today, you find that at any "Muslim" gathering, the opening prayer most often begins with showering of praises(distorted meaning of sending blessings) on Muhammad, then God comes second. This is SHIRK(IDOLATRY) of the highest degree. Again, whenever Muhammad's name is mentioned in the Masjids(mosques), you often hear the entire congregation raise their voices in unison to supposedly send blessings on Muahammad, but when GOD is mentioned, you rarely hear a single voice commemorating GOD's name. This is how this dangerous and idolatrous teaching have messed up the true meaning of the verse. Please verify my claims next time you visist the Mosque.

Tbaba: ii. The prophet told us to do so:

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “whoever sends blessings upon me, Allaah will send blessings upon him tenfold.” Narrated by Muslim (384).

Obviously, this can only be found in the hadith books. In truth, the prophet of GOD would never have said anything even of semblance to what the above hadith claims. These are fabrications and transgressions against the teachings of that great prophet- Muhammad. Every prophet of God exhorted the people to devote themselves absolutely to God alone and to never ever idolize them. Unfortunately, soon after their death, the people revert to idolatry with the prophets being their idols.

[3:79]Never would a human being whom GOD blessed with the scripture and prophethood say to the people, "Idolize me beside GOD." Instead, (he would say), "Devote yourselves absolutely to your Lord alone," according to the scripture you preach and the teachings you learn.

I initially wanted to expound much on the true meaning of the verse 33:56, but i will just give a link to an article on our site. I will only give the correct translation here, and if You(Tbaba) have any reason(s) why the translation isn't correct- then we go on and discuss it further.

CORRECT INTERPRETATION:
[33:56] GOD and His angels help and support the prophet. O you who believe, you shall help and support him, and regard him as he should be regarded.

You must read the sura from the beginning up until this point to understand what the verse means. This verse is addressing the believers during the time of the prophet, where some of them hesitated when a call to fight was made and deserted the prophet. The verse is asking them to support him at all times. This same sentence is used almost word for word thirteen verses before(33:43), it has nothing to do with "blessings". The misunderstanding comes from the words "SALLOO" or "YUSALLEE" or "YUSALOON". Please Read the following: "SALAWAT ON THE PROPHET"

PEACE!!..

Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by DanielNoble(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2012
Your prophet is not sure of where he's going to thats why he's asking for your peace and blessings.
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by tbaba1234: 11:15pm On Dec 09, 2012
Usisky, you will notice that your question was not responded to.. This is not a place for your kind of discussion...

You have been shown many times by different people, how wrong your assertions are but you are still blinded.You are trying to debate Arabic translation with me, are you kidding me?

Anyway, i wrote something for you but i will not post it here and i will not respond to any reply. I do not have the motivation to debate with such deviance, who refuse after been shown how silly their position is.

Hopefully, my words will have an impact and you will find your way to the truth. https://www.nairaland.com/999835/why-quran-alone#13315988
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2013
I have read the Bible and english Quran words 2 words. I devote my time reading everything.

1.I want to know why ISLAM IS ALWAYS ASSOCIATED WITH TERRORISM?

2. Saying bismilahi and allahu akbar before killing and after killing innocent souls respectively?

3. Can someone fight for God?

4. Can people not be allowed to practice other religion freely without hating them?

5. Is it a must they should use force and killing in spreading islam?

6. Is Islam is a religion of peace?

7. Lets use muslim countries as an example
, are they really at peace?

8. Shia vs Sunni fighting each other.

**am an Athiest
Re: Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know by Rilwayne001: 9:12am On Nov 02, 2013
opibycar: I have read the Bible and english Quran words 2 words. I devote my time reading everything.

1.I want to know why ISLAM IS ALWAYS ASSOCIATED WITH TERRORISM?

2. Saying bismilahi and allahu akbar before killing and after killing innocent souls respectively?

3. Can someone fight for God?

4. Can people not be allowed to practice other religion freely without hating them?

5. Is it a must they should use force and killing in spreading islam?

6. Is Islam is a religion of peace?

7. Lets use muslim countries as an example
, are they really at peace?

8. Shia vs Sunni fighting each other.

**am an Athiest

I'll advice u go thru dis this thread wan after d oda, cuz ur questionz has been addressed

Ma salam

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? / "Jumuah Funny Memes": 10 Types Of People You Would Meet In The Mosque On Fridays / Why Did Allah Save Jesus From Death But Allowed Muhammad To Eat Poison?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.