Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:02 AM

A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. (1568 Views)

CEOs, Business Owners And Intending Biz Owners; Let's Interact. / Small Biz Opportunity For Every Nigerian. Low Start Up Capital / What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by diyobdw(f): 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2006
Please NOTE this is a 2006 post?!
[s]Would you as a small biz owner use a a short term rental office space with facilites?
Where you can come in, do your work,browse, receive calls, meet clients and so on at a monthly fee.
Lets say a modernised biz centre which actually projects and youor biz with a professional corporate image .[/s]
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by Seun(m): 7:03pm On Mar 08, 2006
Why can't I rent it for a long term. Why short-term?
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by diyobdw(f): 9:43am On Mar 09, 2006
is like for some hours daily shorter that the 9-5 thingy.The idea is that you wont need to be at the office all day as a small biz or homebased or part-time biz owner.You need time to chase up clients and other related stuff.
You would av a monthly charge and a time slot when the one desk with all the office facilities will be readily available for you.
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by Seun(m): 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2006
If my office is being shared, and i only get to have "slots" allocated to me, then why do I have to pay a monthly fee. Why can't what I pay in a month depend on how many "slots" I use during that month?
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by diyobdw(f): 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2006
Ok I c! Whot if the space it avialable 9-5?And you pay quartely or anually?
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by LoverBwoy(m): 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2006
I think this would be a good idea for those working from home as long as they can get

constant power supply 24/7 no shaking grin
fast internet connections
very clean environment
ready phone conections
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by Seun(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2006
If the space is available 9 to 5 then it's not different from any other office space, I guess, which is always in demand. And one can pay for it quarterly or annually. But then that'll no longer be "short term rental office space".

Why did you want it to be that in the first place? There must have been some constraints that made you not want to rent it out the normal way. Tell us, please!
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by diyobdw(f): 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2006
Fully serviced and affordable cheesy[b]yes![/b]

Seun:

If the space is available 9 to 5 then it's not different from any other office space, I guess, which is always in demand.
- i will say it different, cos its serviced with necessary facilities and unlike renting a office you have no overheads.

Seun:

But then that'll no longer be "short term rental office space". Why did you want it to be that in the first place?There must have been some constraints that made you not want to rent it out the normal way. Tell us, please!
It is available 9-5 but it also flexible.You can use is 10-12 or 9-5 depending on you. the reason am talking about quarterly etc is to kind of discourage unreliable client and fraudsters.
it is wont billed like renting an office space but also not going to be everybody and anybody thingy.A corporate rep for ur small biz( i said early a modernized biz center.)

No constraints really it just a concept to satisfy the new or small biz person. who cant afford to carry the over heads.Especially when they will not work 9-5 .Or would only like to have a meeting with their client outside their homebased office.
hope thats clear ! (details reserved cos the idea is about to be initialized. wink) I expect more questions and tx 4 you asking cheesy
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by mormor: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2007
Is your offer still open and your Location is V/Island, Ikeja or Surulere (preferably) I am interested. Contact me on edyfriendslink@yahoo.com or 08034794971.
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by naijacutee(f): 11:05am On Aug 30, 2007
I'll say - What an excellent idea for people who are starting in business (especially with limited budgets) who cannot afford to take out 2 years deposit on office space etc. I think it is very viable especially if complexes are located in corporate areas in Lagos e.g Surulere, V.I, Ikeja. However, I also believe that on selling point for your target customers would be to be able to present a corporate presence to their customers through their stationery, business cards etc. However, I can see 2 downsides with this :- First, for your customers attracted to your services because of the corporate location, how do they transfer this presence they have established when they subsequently move to other locations if they are on monthly contracts with you? Secondly, how do you guard against scammers setting up a presence, using your services for a month, defrauding members of the public, and dissappearing, leaving your location with a bad name, deterring potential customers? On the upside again, you could cater more for your customers (And create more income for yourself) by adding value added services e.g being a reseller of fixed wireless phones, being affiliated with a good printers, web designers etc.
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by diyobdw(f): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2007
@Mormor
This as you can see was long posted and thank God the service had kicked off.Someone will get back to you soon via ur email!

@naijacutee
glad at your comment,
Answers:
naijacutee:

First, for your customers attracted to your services because of the corporate location, how do they transfer this presence they have established when they subsequently move to other locations if they are on monthly contracts with you?

They have a monthly fee but its is not a monthly basis services. it's temporary and not necessarily terminated on monthly basis. You can have people sign on for 3-6months do u get?

naijacutee:

Secondly, how do you guard against scammers setting up a presence, using your services for a month, defrauding members of the public, and dissappearing, leaving your location with a bad name, deterring potential customers?

They are way to go about it the documentation required are as good as opening a bank account and contractual agreements sign for legal purpose.(with clauses that would scare of and shady biz)

naijacutee:

On the upside again, you could cater more for your customers (And create more income for yourself) by adding value added services e.g being a reseller of fixed wireless phones, being affiliated with a good printers, web designers etc.
Yeah very through and actually the next level cheesy wink
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by SOJ(m): 8:17pm On Aug 30, 2007
I'll say great idea too.Small biz in Nigeria are in great need for such concepts.There is one company already into that: Executivechase services. It'll be gud to check them out as they represent competiton. Overall,its an idea that can surmount all odds given sufficient time and effort.
Quote:
Secondly, how do you guard against scammers setting up a presence, using your services for a month, defrauding members of the public, and dissappearing, leaving your location with a bad name, deterring potential customers?

They are way to go about it the documentation required are as good as opening a bank account and contractual agreements sign for legal purpose.(with clauses that would scare of and shady biz)

They really isnt a foolproof way to guard against scammers,u just hope they dont spoil ur broth!
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by TEEZERO(m): 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2007
Would anyone know whether such a facilty exist in Abuja?
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by tundewoods(m): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2007
[font=Trebuchet MS ]I guess there is no harm trying www.nextofficespace.com, Nigeria's pioneer online office space search website.I hope we can help you folks find suitable office space.[/font]
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by diyobdw(f): 9:12am On Aug 31, 2007
SOJ:

They really isnt a foolproof way to guard against scammers,u just hope they don't spoil your broth!

MAy be but caution is the key! wink

TEE ZERO:

Would anyone know whether such a facilty exist in Abuja?
Yeah see chase executive (www.chasexecutive.com/ ) wink

tundewoods:

Nice site cheesy
[font=Trebuchet MS ]I guess there is no harm trying www.nextofficespace.com, Nigeria's pioneer online office space search website.I hope we can help you folks find suitable office space.[/font]
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by edetcnn(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2007
@diyobdw

I had “resurrected your thread cos I needed the service.
I know about chase office suites and had actually been there but considering our startup status, can’t afford them.
You said someone will contact me but I’m yet to get a mail or call. You can reach me on 08034794971 or edyfriendslink@yahoo.com

@All
If it will help, we are a 3 man - all graduate startup that is focused on creating Media (TV and Film) content. We basically need a physical address to put on our marketing (cards, letterheads, website, etc) materials. We will also require a reception service with a fixed line to take enquiries (we can provide the personnel and the line); and an office desk. Our first two months will see us involved in intensive marketing activities that will make us spend little time in the office. We foresee a worst case scenario of 6 months before we acquire our own office. We don’t envisage holding meetings in the facility, aside of which we will use the facility as a regular (9-5) office. We will prefer locations in V/Island, Ikoyi, Ikeja or Surulere. If you can provide such facility, Please reach me on 08034794971 or edyfriendslink@yahoo.com

@ Seun,
Oga o, I wonder how my post appeared under someone else’s name (momor) instead of mine (edetcnn). shocked
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by diyobdw(f): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2007
@edetcnn
Sorry about no one contacting u.I understand if you think chase is out of budget.Actually i wanted to the person incharge to send it but anyhow i have sent it now!
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by camden: 10:39am On Sep 01, 2007
i need the service too,
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by ayoakind: 11:47am On Feb 24, 2011
i need this service urgently. if you are still in business, then contact me immediately on realvenc@yahoo.com or 08067813695
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by Olaisrich(m): 8:45pm On Feb 26, 2011
this is a good idea! i am also interested in the service,pls contact me [email]olaisrich@yahoo.com[/email]
Re: A Short Term Rental Office Space With Facilities For Small Biz Owners. by diyobdw(f): 11:39am On Mar 05, 2011
Hello!
this is an old post and the offer is like 6yrs old, Goodluck!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Any Successful PAMM Trader? / How To Write A Small Business Loan Proposal And Get APPROVED! / ITS HOT-Businesses Students Can Do With N1000 During This ASUU And Asup Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.