Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! (3081 Views)

Arsenal's Robert Pires In Lagos For Airtel-Sponsored Event (Pictures) / David De Gea: I Used To Play As A Striker And Scored Lots Of Goals / A Striker Scoring his opponent from His Own Box 18? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by teeroy(m): 1:57pm On Mar 08, 2006
In all my years of watching football I have never seen a losing team bring in a centre-half to play as a centre-foward and remove the team's creative force(joe cole). I respect Mourinho as a coach but i think he goofed on this one.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by bolaoni(m): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2006
Mourinho goofed?

No way! He was confused! grin

Look at the way he kept shaking his head anytime the camera focus on him. cheesy

What do you expect when he has tested all he has: Drogba, Cole, Lampard, Gudjonsen, Duff, Crespo, Robben and there seem to be no headway? shocked

Maybe he thought they will win one fluke corner/free kick and the guy will gain an advantage with his height. grin

Wonder why all the Chelsea boys in this forum are silent grin
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Seun(m): 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2006
Which game are you talking about here, and which teams?

1 Like

Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Akolawole(m): 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2006
teeroy:

In all my years of watching football I have never seen a losing team bring in a centre-half to play as a centre-foward and remove the team's creative force(joe cole). I respect Mourinho as a coach but i think he goofed on this one.

Its so obvious now that you dont know how Chelsea played.  I watched the match with Manchester United Player, immediately he saw Huth, he told me categorically that Huth will be going to central attack, he even cited  three times Jose has used him, which worked excellently.

If you dont know how to analyse football just keep, )
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by teeroy(m): 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2006
BARCA vs CHELSEA.   I expected better from the man. I think even the Chesea faithfuls were shocked to see such a substitution. Dont worry, they will soon come out of their shells and speak. I am waiting for a sensible explanation for that decision. what inspired it?  was there no other option?
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by teeroy(m): 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2006
grin So tell me Akola, you honestly think that playing a centre-jalf as a centre-foward was the best tactic to employ in that kind of high calibre match?? na wa 4 your self-proclaimed analytical skills o!! and what makes u think that the fact that a man u fan supported your opinion gives it any form of credibility

Be man enough to admit that u did not expect that sub.that is all i want to hear.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Akolawole(m): 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2006
@Teeroy

I dont know the Coaching School you went to, what i can confirm is Jose is a very very good Manager.

Anytime you analyse football, i will shut up because yours is faultless.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by twinstaiye(m): 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2006
The truth is, MOURINHO tried to gamble yesterday with Huth and it didnt work. Had it been, he would have been making mouth of it now.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Akolawole(m): 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2006
Its very unfortunate when you see some people analysing football wrongly.

Analysts, How did Keshi of all people scored Nigeria's winner in our match against Senegal in Senegal '92?
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by cabali(m): 9:06am On Mar 09, 2006
@ akolawale, please ask them o!!!! they obviously dont know a lot in football, they are the ones that watch football as entertainment so they wont know better
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by teeroy(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2006
i can imagine how hard it is for chelsea fans to admit that their manager made a mistake. The fact that Mourinho is a good tactician is obvious but on that night, that decision of his was quite bizarre to say the least.
Akola,you referred to Senegal '92 when Keshi scred the winning goal against Senegal but u make it sound as if he was started as a striker in that game. Whenever you refer to history to back up your claims please make sure it is relevant.
I am still waiting for an objective argument on this point.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by bolaoni(m): 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2006
Teeroy,

Do U think this guys will not seek for ways to save their faces?

Dunno why U are bothering yourself on this.

Mourinho WAS CONFUSED PERIOD!
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by cabali(m): 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2006
i can c u'all are happy at chelsea's downfall, did we put that much hate in u guys?

is mourhino ur problem?

dont hate the player, hate the game if u need to spend ur hatred!
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by olowe(m): 8:35am On Mar 10, 2006
The match against Barca was not the first time Mourinho used Robert Huth in Centre Forward, he had done it many times, and it worked for him. He did it against Everton in the FA Cup forth round, it worked, so let respect his tactics.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by olowe(m): 8:42am On Mar 10, 2006
I think many people just watch football without knowing the game. I t's not a problem if the coach uses a goal keeper or defender as a striker, after all that was not the first time he would be doing that. And don't forget that many players today are playing in different positions from where thet started. Didier Drogba was a defender in his first club, but now he's a striker, Kolo Toure was a striker, he now plays as a defender, our own Yobo, was not playing as a defender when he started his career, but now he's a good defender. So let's respect any coach that tries to use a player in the suitable position that fits him. Respect Mournho.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by twinstaiye(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2006
Let Mourinho respect himself first, he is too arrogant. Do you watch Premiership? Do you see some of his behaviours? Of note, when he played against Arsenal, he dashed quickly into the dressing room after the match, just to avoid the usual shaking of hands after the game with Arsene Wenger, such an attitude is making him losing his admirers, which I used to be. Mourinho is a loud mouth, I hate his approach to game, it is not entertaining at all. All he wants is winning no matter how. Do you also read his comments after the Barca-Chelsea match, he said Barcelona has never beaten him 11 - 11 men, what does 3-2 aggregate means? defeat of course. I dont hate him at all, dont misunderstand me, but I just want a situation where he would realise, he is not the best and of course put more entertaining into the game not some crude method of tactics that does not give viewers and spectators a good show. chikena.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by teeroy(m): 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2006
that was simply a bad gamle by mourinho. period
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by bolaoni(m): 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2006
teeroy:

that was simply a bad gamle by mourinho. period

teeroy,

dem no go hear word oo.

it is better to leave them alone. I'm sure they are still licking their wounds now tongue
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Akolawole(m): 2:38am On Mar 11, 2006
@BolaOni, Olowe etc

Did we need a projector to explain this?

1) Arsenal bought Lauren from Athletico Madrid few years ago, what position is he playing?

2) Wenger brought unhappy Thiery Henry from Italy in 1998, which position was he playing then?
3) Eidur ghodjohnson was remarkable as a Striker in Bolton, he was brought to Kings road, started again as a Striker then switch to Supporting Styriker, then as a midfeilder etc.

4) Essien scored goals in Champions league last season. Which position is he playing then? what is he playing now?
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Akolawole(m): 11:49pm On Mar 14, 2006
Huth

Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by bolaoni(m): 12:35pm On Mar 15, 2006
meaning?

I can also get several pictures of defenders/goalkeepers nodding the ball grin
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Akolawole(m): 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2006
@BolaOni
Thats his goal against Italy few weeks ago
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by bolaoni(m): 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2006
Maybe we should also be posting the pics of guys like Desailly, Maldini, Stam, Campbell and the rest scoring goals.

Anything special in him scoring in that game? Did Klinsmann use him as a striker or what?

I didn't watch the match, so update me my Oga. wink
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Akolawole(m): 2:45pm On Mar 15, 2006
To be honest, I didnt watch that goal though i watch a bit of the match.
The picture is just to show he can score as well.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by bolaoni(m): 3:54pm On Mar 15, 2006
The fact that Terry can score doesn't make any coach convert him to a striker. Chilavert has scored more goals than most strikers but he has NEVER been played in that position before.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Akolawole(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2006
But this is once-in-a-while.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by cabali(m): 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2006
so what if someone was used in a different position from his original? this is being artistic. wenger wouldnt do it cos he is not that artistic.

mourhino did it cos he has guts and he tells every coach while doing it; 'dont try this at home'

I guess it is just for the intellectual. mourhino does not treat coaching from a text book, he knows u have to think outside the box to be on top. I guess that is why he is on top.

pls only supporters of teams that have beaten chelsea can criticize! how's that?
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by twinstaiye(m): 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2006
cabali:

please only supporters of teams that have beaten chelsea can criticize! how's that?
Like Fullham did yesterday? So Mourinho team are not invincible afterall? If he claimed Bracelona had never beaten his team 11 men to 11 men, How about Middlesbrough and Fullham? I guess he is out of tactics yesterday again or what or is his coaching prowess failing him, I mean for his team not to score a goal against a lowly team like Fullham for over 50 minutes despite the fact that Fullham are playing defensive? Or you supporter of Chelsea will call that resultant goal of 'Hand of God' cheating of Drogba a good goal as your Mourinho coach will want to agree?
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by bolaoni(m): 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2006
He is even saying he has been a victim of some people in England all just because he is Chelsea Coach shocked

The man sure knows how to talk. Wonder whether he is the same person that has been the beneficiary of so many wrong refreeing in the past.

The season is yet to be over. Let's just wait and see cool
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Akolawole(m): 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2006
twinstaiye:

Let Mourinho respect himself first, he is too arrogant. Do you watch Premiership? Do you see some of his behaviours? Of note, when he played against Arsenal, he dashed quickly into the dressing room after the match, just to avoid the usual shaking of hands after the game with Arsene Wenger.

Most premiership Coaches likes Jose with the excemption of "Faultless" Wenger, if you dare to know why he refused to shake Wenger's hand click this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-8193.0.html
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by nightrider: 5:44pm On Mar 20, 2006
he refused to shake wengers hand because his hand was dirty from tilling and planting okra , yam and potato on that field chelsea calls a football pitch.
Re: Robert Huth As A Striker? Mourinho Goofed! by Akolawole(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2006
bolaoni:

The man sure knows how to talk. Wonder whether he is the same person that has been the beneficiary of so many wrong refreeing in the past.

All the big teams get decisions in favour of them
Just yesterday, Fulham deserve a penalty against Chelsea which was not given.
In Arsenal's match against West Ham at Upton Park, Hammers have two clear penalties which was not given.
In Arsenal's match against Bolton at Highbury. What happen? The Referee add quite a lot of extra time to enable Almighty arsenal equalise and escape humilation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

29 Memes U Can Relate To if You've Ever Been In A Viewing Center / My Girlfriend Left Me Because I Had Nothing To Offer Her – Odion Ighalo [PHOTO] / Watching A Football Match At A Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.