Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,944 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value (6936 Views)

Checkout The Number Plate Of This Car Found In Lagos (photo) / Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) / House Of Reps Wants New Number Plate Project Halted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by lightest(m): 10:20am On Nov 14, 2011
Of What Importance And Economic Value Is The New Number Plate

beginning from next year  the new number plate will be introduced into the country by Federal Road safety Corps where all vehicles will be ask to take it for between 35k and 40k. pls of what importance is it couple with the removal of fuel subsidy? Don't you think this is another way of reaping the masses of there hard earn minimum wage.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by walebilewu: 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2011
My brother,e tire me oooooo.Light,we no get.water? na lie.good road? mbanefo.security?no way.This one na another avenue to chop money.Wetin do the number wey we get now?which country for this world wey dey change plate no like naija?Na God go deliver us from this wicked leaders ooooooo.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by sultaan(m): 12:53am On Nov 15, 2011
You know how much we pay in US, $20.

Custom tags is $35.

Do you till want to know why?
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by slap1(m): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2011
sultaan:

You know how much we pay in US, $20.

Custom tags is $35.

Do you till want to know why?
Yes. I can't see the value of it. What's the money gonna be used for in Nigeria?
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by walebilewu: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2011
It will end up in someone's foreign account.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by dDoyen: 9:35am On Nov 15, 2011
Easy question with an easy answer.
Nigerians are the most gullible, easy to tread upon group of individuals with people in power who do nothing but think of new ways to make things difficult for others.

Tell me, what was the value when you were told to buy red reflective stickers to deface your rear bumpers back then? Tell me why that law is no longer enforced? I'll answer for you, "the aim (revenue generation at the expense of the masses) has been achieved."

Close to the last elections, the Lagos state govt suspended the lekki toll collection. Everyone knew this was only done temporarily to achieve the aim of re-election and yet they went out and voted the govt back in. Now that it will be re-opened, you will see those same Nigerians holler and wail as if it was not expected.

Why do you have unnecessary trails of traffic at odd hours for example at the bonny camp bridge both exiting and entering VI? Because policemen indiscriminately set up road blocks where no form of crime prevention is taking place but an avenue to raise money for some pockets and yet no one can do anything about it.

We will continue to be scammed and treated as second rate individuals by second rate individuals nonetheless until we can collectively say enough is enough and take matters into our own hands.

/rant
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by NaijaNaWaa: 9:40am On Nov 15, 2011
35 - 40K for ordinary number plate? Now that's outright criminality. Is it possible to NLanders to champion the resistance of this undisguised fraud?
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by chuks49(m): 9:53am On Nov 15, 2011
Its of huge economic importance to those of them with swiss bank accounts and properties in dubai.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 15, 2011
GEJ,  they voted for you,  I love wot u r doing, Carry on  grin cheesy
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by oba009(m): 10:04am On Nov 15, 2011
fresh air to you all, GEJ carry go
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by begwong: 10:32am On Nov 15, 2011
whatever is their aim of achieving with the new no.plates can be achieved with the current plates if they(FRSC)really know their job.Heard oga chidoka is in his last tenure. . . .  dont tell me he's planning for his retirment in bahamas with the excesses
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by Piedpiper(m): 10:35am On Nov 15, 2011
@ ALL
False the price tag is about 15k for the tag grin, 40k or thereabouts for all registration documentation at least here in Pitakwa !
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by fakarglob(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2011
na wa ooooo. this country need a public revote like other north african"s countries. this act of criminality is a nightmare. I prayer God to help us. no jobs and living cost keep going up.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by Okijajuju1(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2011
I had no idea that this was what was about to go down!

That said, I think it is a good idea that is coming, but it is still too soon.

From my travels, I realized that Number plates are registered to the person and then the vehicle. This said, it means should I sell my 504 to mr Okeke, Mr Okeke is responsible for getting new plates and I will keep my plates, transfer it to my new vehicle and just register it at the Licencing office with the new car.

This I thot was a brilliant Idea, that way, when you give the number of a car to the police, they might as well be looking at the persons full international passport. Now that said, Nigeria still does not have a comprehensive Data base. Our streets are not even properly numbered, the only real credible mode of Identification that we still have left in this country remains our International Passports.

If the government can do the following;

1. Make a comprehensive national data base, that can be easily assessed by the Police and other law enforcement agencies as at when necessary,

2. Harmonize the "NCC data, Voters Card Data, Current Drivers Licence data, National Passport Data and National Identity card data" to ascertain those with fake/false information and weed them out of the system.

3. Urban and regional town planning needs to better organize our street numberings and naming so that it would be easy to trace and locate anyone who is wanted by the police.

Then this exercise would make some sense.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by yusuf22: 11:00am On Nov 15, 2011
OUR LEADERS AND THEIR ADVISERS DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE CITIZENS. NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO SIPONE THE MASSES AND ONE 1 MAN WILL TAKE THE MONEY AWAY. IS A PITTY
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by johnwell(m): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2011
Everyday, the Government and her agents are fighting crimes but yet, they are worst than those "hustlers". of what use is the new registration number? what is the advantage over the so-called old ones? Is GPS planted on it? this is what BABA FELA KUTI (r.i.p.) called "Head Robbery" (Which head we get wey no dey st**l; which president we get wey never st**l?, ).

How can this type of so-called development be tagged?
What name will they give this one now?
Is this part of Economics development?
Is this part of youth empowerment?
Is this part of Job Creation?

It is written in the Holy Bible; Jeremiah 10:21
(GOD'S WORD Translation)
The shepherds are foolish. They don't look to the LORD for help. That is why they won't succeed, and all their flocks will be scattered.

(King James 2000 Bible)
For the shepherds have become senseless, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.

what is going on in this country is the manifestation of this portion, but it's a pity if the negative side of the scripture manifests in this country.

Bless you all!!!
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 15, 2011
Another avenue to chop money, like the National ID card project.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by funmeme(f): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2011
its really sad,  sometimes i wonder if dis pple fear God.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by funmeme(f): 11:16am On Nov 15, 2011
its really sad,  sometimes i wonder if dis pple fear God.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by snthesis(m): 11:22am On Nov 15, 2011
sentiments aside- if properly implemented, it would provide a means of ready identification of owners of vehicles,thus improve traceability i.e. in case of a crime or accident. cool
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by jaybee(f): 11:34am On Nov 15, 2011
NaijaNaWaa:

35 - 40K for ordinary number plate? Now that's outright criminality. Is it possible to NLanders to champion the resistance of this undisguised fraud?

I weep for this country. why cant people come out for once and denounce this perpetual rip-off by govt officials?

this is outright robbery. why is it not being discussed in the media? is it not as disturbing as the so-called subsidy removal ? i feel it is worse. this is a scheme by a gorup of thieves to swindle nigerians, with the full support of GEJ who has blindly thrown his weight (state might) behind it.

why cant analysts, public comentators, social, economic, academic critics take more than passive interest in this matter of national importance by way of critically analysing the implications of this daylight robbery?

as of the national assembly wading into this looming daylight ra*e, the chances are remote. as far as the assembly is concerned, this is a lost case.

who will save the nigerian masses?
we are too traumatized, confused, and polarized to be united. a collective action is becoming more and more difficult, by the day, as compounding issues (political, economic, sectional, ethnic, social, religeous, etc, etc realities) are made more complex with myopic, undiscerning, lazy, unwilling statusquo protecting leadership at all levels of the nigerian society.

i totally agree with you, someone may have to bail the cat. to champion the cause of legitimate resistance, a sensible thing to do. who will ?

whoever will , have my 101% support.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by jaybee(f): 11:43am On Nov 15, 2011
snthesis:

sentiments aside- if properly implemented, it would provide a means of ready identification of owners of vehicles,thus improve traceability i.e. in case of a crime or accident. cool

@snthesis - without sentiments that is highly debatable and practically unrealistic.

for every action there is the presentable reason and the real motive. the presentable reason is what has been told to the public; the real motive is to swindle nigerians. THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST SCAMS I'VE SEEN IN THIS CIVILIAN RULE.

NIGERIANS SHINE YOUR EYES.

GEJ HAS BLINDLY GIVEN HIS TOTAL SUPPORT TO IT. IT IS DOUBTFUL HE WILL DENY THIS AGAIN. UNLESS THE NATION CRY FOUL LOUDLY.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by mustspin: 11:51am On Nov 15, 2011
snthesis:

most towns and cities in nigeria except for a few like lagos and abuja have a proper addressing system. most address are very difficult to trace. to me, its just like starting a book from chapter 5 unless they are going to do a proper KYC, doesnt make any sense atall.

but na wah o, everything wan start for january 2012. wetin nigerians take offend dis government sef wey dem wan make next year hell for us. january go be like war o. fuel subsidy removal, erection of toll gate, new plate numbers. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by snthesis(m): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
jaybee:

@snthesis - without sentiments that is highly debatable and practically unrealistic.

for every action there is the presentable reason and the real motive. the presentable reason is what has been told to the public; the real motive is to swindle nigerians. THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST SCAMS I'VE SEEN IN THIS CIVILIAN RULE.

change is always difficult to take.
a similar thang occurred with the immigration service- the old nigerian passports that could easily be counterfeited has been replaced with ecowas passports that takes into cognizance biometrics data. we cant continually live in analog ages.
back to the topic.
in Jand once you break a traffic offence, it so easy to trace the crime,y, Because they have a database that matches with drivers licence as well as the vehicle papers, and points get deducted.

your line of argument might stand , if the same basis can be applied to existing number plates? if yes, then the rule should apply to only newly registered vehicles.

mustspin:

most towns and cities in nigeria except for a few like lagos and abuja have a proper addressing system. most address are very difficult to trace. to me, its just like starting a book from chapter 5 unless they are going to do a proper KYC, doesnt make any sense atall.

. angry angry angry angry angry angry
you need to update your records, do u know that even Nipost has upgraded, you can check out your street post code on the internet- www.nigeriapostcodes.com
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by mustspin: 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2011
you need to update your records, do u know that even Nipost has upgraded, you can check out your street post code on the internet- www.nigeriapostcodes.com
[quote][/quote]
you must be very silly?
take oyo state as a case study, the nipost site displays only 3 towns for the state, are there only 3 towns in oyo state? mind you nipost covers only major cities and towns. i still say it again most towns and cities still dont have traceable addresses, u wont understand untill u have a cause to get to some places
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by musawisdom(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
Don't 4get electricity wil be charged double next year. Removal of fuel subsidy, new number plate. I think it is time to group some militant in southwest to terrorise this jonathan system of oppressing masses govt
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by sonety2k(m): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2011
cool
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by snthesis(m): 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2011
mustspin:

you must be very silly?
take oyo state as a case study, the nipost site displays only 3 towns for the state, are there only 3 towns in oyo state? mind you nipost covers only major cities and towns. i still say it again most towns and cities still dont have traceable addresses, u wont understand untill u have a cause to get to some places

bruv! haba! shocked
its a small step in the right direction cheesy
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by nnaboo(f): 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2011
[td]OUR LEADERS AND THEIR ADVISERS DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE CITIZENS. NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO SIPONE THE MASSES AND ONE 1 MAN WILL TAKE THE MONEY AWAY. IS A PITTY [/td]

they know what we want, but they dont want us to have it. Rogues, God will punish all of them. this is another of ther thievry tactics to take the money that the poor people dont have. angry.

to think that someone that just fixed a number to a new car will have to pay so much to change it, haba, indeed God will punish these people
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2011
musawisdom:

Don't 4get electricity wil be charged double next year. Removal of fuel subsidy, new number plate. I think it is time to group some militant in southwest to terrorise this jonathan system of oppressing masses govt
all in the regime of GEJ
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by sweet9ja: 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2011
We want worldclass facilities, then we must be ready to pay for them, nothing is for free.
In most western countries more than 50% of personal incomes go to different kind taxes.
Nigerians welcome to the 21st century.
Re: New Number Plate: Importance & Economic Value by lafuria1(m): 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2011
, but those western countries have simple basic amenities like good road, power, stable water supple, good govt sch, etc. When it comes 2 exploitin nigerians, we compare ourselves wt western nations but wen it comes 2 providing amenities, we say nigeria is nt western countries. Smh.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Crashes His Bentley In Lekki Area Of Lagos (photos) / Is A Car A Necessity? / Toyota Camry Pencil (1997) Consumes Fuel A Lot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.