Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Shia & Sunni Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia & Sunni Islam (985 Views)

Will Shiite And Sunni Islam Ever Reconcile? / Sunni Muslims Protest Kim Kardashian's Visit To Bahrain / Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shia & Sunni Islam by aloyemeka4: 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2011
They have clear differences and for sure, the Sunnis are more liberal muslims than the shias. Apart from doctrinal differences,  are there lifestyle and  behavioral differences between the Sunni and Shia muslims?. Are the differences due to their Islamic ideology?. Who treats women better in your honest opinion?. The shias or the Sunnis?
Re: Shia & Sunni Islam by LagosShia: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2011
if it is a competition or contest you are looking for,you wouldn't get that.words like "liberal","better","treat",e.t.c. should not be used by someone searching to learn.

if you really want to learn there are a handful of threads in this section on shia islam and differences with the sunni you can learn from or participate in.

you can start with this which forms the basis:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801527.0.html
Re: Shia & Sunni Islam by aloyemeka4: 1:06am On Nov 15, 2011
I read the thread through and through but still cannot draw a clear line between both denominations. Shia muslims do feel they are more holy and align themselves to unalloyed teachings of Allah. Since you barred me from using the word "liberal" and co, how do you expect me to differentiate a shia muslim from a sunni?. I ask again, do they have behavioral differences, do their regards for women differ?, who is less worldly because I suspect that Islamic giants like Sani abacha, Tafa Balogun, IBB, Bola Tinubu and co must belong to the sunni sect.
Re: Shia & Sunni Islam by LagosShia: 9:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
Please,try and be specific.dont turn it into a bashing thread.i dont intend to do that.

For example,since you seem to know about those who are believed to be sunnis or supposedly are,ask questions based on that knowledge.for instance,sunnis fast during the month of ramadan.do shia also fast during the month of ramadan?the answer is yes.

(1) (Reply)

Observing Modesty - A Men's And Women's Hijab | Hassanain Rajabali / A Look At Islam’s Victory By Nonviolent Resistance / How They Came To Choose Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.