Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? (5364 Views)

Ladies STOP Selecting Men, Based On Where They Work. / Sex before marriage Is A Sin, Fyn. Is Kissing before marriage A Sin? / Marriage: A Necessity Or A Tradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Andrew3(m): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2011
I gondorsed with ma mum everyday and night because of grand child. Life has been unbearable for me
as if am the first son. Ma eldest brother is not even married although he has concubines, I bear the encumbrance.
I stopped calling ma mum because of death intimidations, knowing very well that I love her so much. whenever i call her all i hear is "If you wont get married and give me a grand child i will die" angry angry angry Last week i was frabagasted when someone called me from Nigeria that ma mum is dead angry , with melancholy i left ma office in tears only to later discover it was a fallacy concocted by ma mum to gain ma serious attention. She later told me next time could be real if I dont do something. Look at the philipinos, men and women live a happy life with or without husband yet they have parents. Why is it that in Nigeria when a lady is not yet married many look at her with apathy?
Is marriage a do or die affair? For this reason a man will leave his mother and father and stick to his wife. (so says the bible) Not a man must. angry angry angry
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by kelz88(f): 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2011
Your mom has issues. smh!
What a way to get your attention.

You sef, you never old? Go marry born pikin jor. grin
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Eiregirl(f): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by neyostica: 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
Op why dnt u want to marry?? Cant you do?
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by LongOne1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2011
It has to do with the society.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Andrew3(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
I knew these are the kind of replies i will get on nairaland angry angry angry angry
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by coogar: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2011
::Andrew:::

I gondorsed with ma mum everyday and night because of grand child. Life has been unbearable for me
as if am the first son. Ma eldest brother is not even married although he has concubines, I bear the encumbrance.
I stopped calling ma mum because of death intimidations, knowing very well that I love her so much. whenever i call her all i hear is "If you wont get married and give me a grand child i will die" angry angry angry Last week i was frabagasted when someone called me from Nigeria that ma mum is dead angry , with melancholy i left ma office in tears only to later discover it was a fallacy concocted by ma mum to gain ma serious attention. She later told me next time could be real if I dont do something. Look at the philipinos, men and women live a happy life with or without husband yet they have parents. Why is it that in Nigeria when a lady is not yet married many look at her with apathy?
Is marriage a do or die affair? For this reason a man will leave his mother and father and stick to his wife. (so says the bible) Not a man must. angry angry angry

stop whining. go n get married!

your mum is probably a society woman. she attends the wedding of other children of her associates. people there ask her every weekend when are you doing your own wedding so they can return favours. she's the one facing that embarrassing question every weekend whilst you are in dublin doing playboy at the age of 42.

if you love your mum, find a bride and get married. in the part of the world we come from, marriage is a do or die affair. minus the moral decadence, you must marry before sleeping with any woman. give your mother the grandchild she desperately craves. your fortunes, handouts, wealth and big trucks cannot quench her thirst to be a grandmother.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by freecocoa(f): 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2011
Guy go marry joor but seriously though your mum dey play rough o.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by pendo89(f): 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
this your mum lol. thats extreme. but please dont marry out of pressure. marry cz you choose to.

1 Like

Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by chale(m): 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2011

I knew these are the kind of replies i will get on nairaland angry angry angry angry

THEN WHY POST?
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Chainrule4me: 6:38pm On Nov 15, 2011
People dnt get married because dey have some1 to quench their sexual urge,if nt we wnt wait until we are told.but watever d case marriage requires patience so as nt to rush out afta rushing it.pls make ur mama happy,ur children will also make u happy
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by tlops(m): 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2011
must he get married? one gets to choose when you want to be married not being stampeded into it. Guy take your time and ask your mum to relax.

In Christianity marriage is not a must, but you must hold yourself if you choose not to.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by chale(m): 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2011
tlops:

must he get married? one gets to choose when you want to be married not being stampeded into it. Guy take your time and ask your mum to relax.

In Christianity marriage is not a must, but you must hold yourself if you choose not to.

BWAM YOU DON SAY AM ALL
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by nep2ra(m): 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2011
tlops:

In Christianity maririage is not a must, but you must hold yourself if you choose not to.

Please what does it mean 'to hold yourself'? I hear this a lot. Does it mean mastoorbation? Is that allowed in Christianity?
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by chale(m): 7:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
nep2ra:

Please what does it mean 'to hold yourself'? I hear this a lot. Does it mean mastoorbation? Is that allowed in Christianity?

n[i][i]ot neccessarily just means not engaging in crazy stuffzzz. BESIDES IS IT ONLY MATURBATION THAT IS A SIN [/i][/i]
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Babajyd(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2011
Hello guy, perhaps ur mums tactics are extreme, almost desperate, u must realise that our society recognises certain milestones in life, marriage being probably the most hyped. Momsie thinks u make her/U/ur family look abnormal. Think, if all (even though not an absolute fact)seem to agree that marriage is good, then why would anybody refuse to. I would sugest u deeply examine urself to find why u do not want to. If its still negative, as a chriatian I would advice total abstinence from sexual union which is fundamentally defined in marriage.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by tlops(m): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2011
to hold yourself means you must have self discipline,restrain from intimate activities including self-service. no fornication and lust,
nep2ra:

massturbation is a sin according to the bible!
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by babaowo: 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2011
i don't think marriage is must,cos God himself does not marry.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by slimyem: 7:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
its is not a religios thing,it is a societal thing.
Our society places a MUST on it before you are labelled or classed responsible.
Op,make your mum happy.you and i know she wont get off your back until she gets what she wants or she's no more.best wishes!
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Aringarosa(m): 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2011
Marriage has to mean something to you, and if you decided to get married, it has to be what you want. . .not what you think you are "supposed" to do,  . .otherwise it won't work and you will never be at peace with your life.

Marriage does not guarantee "forever" and it definitely doesn't guarantee happiness,  . .you have to make you happy. No one can do that for you. . . .Someone can compliment your life, but they cannot and shouldn't be your life. I truly think that if there weren't so much social pressure to get married, there would be a lot less divorces, a lot less parents making children absolutely miserable with custody battles and the nastiness that goes on during a divorce, and people would actually find love and be able to truly love without having all sorts of outside pressure to be someone that they may not be. . .

Just My opinion.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Andrew3(m): 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2011
freecocoa:

Guy go marry joor but seriously though your mum dey play rough o.
At least she would ve allowed me to clock 30 or 28 angry angry angry
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by tlops(m): 7:59pm On Nov 15, 2011

oh! you are even under 30! Take your time and shine your eyes as well, when the time comes nobody will tell you! cheers
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by InkedNerd(f): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2011
@OP: The answer to your question is, no. Marriage is not do or die. I really don't understand why people think that if they don't get married that it is the end of the world. It's sad to see people stupidly marry others just for the sake of saying that they are married. What is in a marriage if you do not even care or love the person you've committed yourself to? I have seen a few Nigerians who for whatever reason subject themselves to the pressure their families try to impose on them and to be quite honest, that is both sad and pathetic. Although I don't think my parents would do such a thing, I did hear my father jokingly tell me to go catch the bouquet while we attended a wedding over the summer so I could get married. I looked at him and the only response I that came to my mind was →   then → tongue then → undecided

But I figured, what the hell it's just harmless fun.
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by freecocoa(f): 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2011

wait o,you are not 28 yet?ha she should chillax o,I thought you were like 45 sef,I know one brother in this romance section who is almost 50 yet he's not planning to get married instead he keeps opening jonsing threads,if people like him are not rushing then you can take your time to choose a wife,but its seems like you are not even planning on getting married,may I ask why?
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by ogaju007(m): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2011
My guy check this out grin grin No marry ooo cause the present economy doesn't support marriage. If you go marry peren you will be drawn 5 years back especially if your folks no hold cash. Use my style give one girl belle end of story. with that you can go hustle round the world knowing you have enough to send to the mum to cater for the child. Might sound crazy but that works out a lot better. grin grin grin
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Andrew3(m): 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
freecocoa:

wait o,you are not 28 yet?ha she should chillax o,I thought you were like 45 sef,I know one brother in this romance section who is almost 50 yet he's not planning to get married instead he keeps opening jonsing threads,if people like him are not rushing then you can take your time to choose a wife,but its seems like you are not even planning on getting married,may I ask why?
Thank u jare, at least one person support me grin grin grin

The wahala even come be say she no want oyinbo ooo, she said tufiakwa and am not ready for any wireless relationship, how can i marry someone without dating? angry angry angry angry
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by coogar: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2011
freecocoa:

who is this brother of yours?
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by freecocoa(f): 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2011

Thank u jare, at least one person support me grin grin grin

The wahala even come be say she no want oyinbo ooo, she said tufiakwa and am not ready for any wireless relationship, how can i marry someone without dating? angry angry angry angry
you just need to look for a way to make her understand you need to choose your own wife,if you really want to grant her request of not marrying an oyinbo,then look out for decent home girls over there and you never know something could work out,but why is she not disturbing your elder brother?
P.s I could still hook you up with a good sister back here,I know plenty*winks*
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by freecocoa(f): 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
coogar:

who is this brother of yours?
Ah oga coogar,na for my mouth you wan hear say sugar dey sweet? Anybody wey dey consistent for this section know who I dey talk.*walks out singing,if you ask me,na who I go ask?*
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2011
Marriage certainly isn't a must. It's pitful Nigerians can't simply get past that puerile thinking which puts marriage forward as a requirement for societal acceptance and happiness. People are and can be happy/fulfilled without marriage or association with one single partner!
Re: Based On Different Religions, Is Marriage A Must? by ng4am(f): 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2011
From ur post i feel what ur mum needs is grand children. So u dont necessary need to marry, go get her grand children.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things You Should Never Do While Dating A Nigerian Girl. / Trapqueen Is A 15year Old Kid! / Why Strong Men Give Birth To ONLY Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.