Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System (3759 Views)

Don't Blame Muslims For Paris Attacks-heartfelt Letter Goes Viral / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. / Don't Blame 1914 Amalgamation Rather Blame 1906 Amalgamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Afam4eva(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2011
Nigerians will have to win a competition of myopism in the world if organized. I've never seen a people who ignore so many years of moral decadence and misrule to put it at the door step of one person. Even though i did not vote for GEJ in the past election(i voted for Buhari btw), i don't think the problems plaguing the country today is totally due to his inefficiency. It baffles me when people talk as if Nigeria was a land of milk and honey before the arrival of Jonathan. It even pains me more when people refer to PDP,a party formed i 1999 as the party behind the backward spiral of Nigeria. These people tend to believe that should another party take over the seat frrom PDP, things will change automatically. As if it's not the same political prostitutes that are in those other parties.

I think Nigeria is on a gradual ride to hell and it has been like that for a long time. GEJ is unfortunate to be ruling Nigeria at a time when things have gotten worse and when the country is closer to oblivion.

Let's look at the source of the problem rather than blame someone who has been there for less than 3 years.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
He is the system angry . That is how it works in Nigeria! He controls most everything -- EFCC, Police, Army, allocations, spending of our budget, development, etc. So when one of the agencies he controls is not doing well . . .  it makes sense to suggest that he, the man put in charge of the agency, is not doing a good job handling that agency.

To claim that he is unfortunate to be ruling Nigeria at this time is to suggest that he was never even fit for the job to begin with. And to say that would imply that, even after a year of TESTING THE WATERS(something no president before him ever had the ability to), the man, understanding the magnitude of position, refused to let it go, probably out of selfish reasons, especially after discovering it was too much for him to handle.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Afam4eva(m): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2011
Hoe can he be the system when he's been there for less than a year.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2011
He's been there for more than a year - well into the second year. He was the President this time last year. He was in charge in February of Last year too. He was second in command for 3 years prior and so had an almost front row seat to it all for a while, before he made the decision to take on the burden.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2011
But everything that people blame Jonathan for also happened in past administrations. So, i think the problem is with the system, not the president.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2011
He was part of the past administration. He was the second in command in the past administration . . . He was part of the promise making machine of the past administration.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Afam4eva(m): 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
Was Obasanjo's administration not as bad? Let's be sincere with ourselves.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Chyz2: 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2011
afam4eva:

Bros, the thing that OBJ had but Jonathan lacks is balls.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2011
Chyz*:

Bros, the thing that OBJ had but Jonathan lacks is balls.

With all the balls OBJ has what did he do with them? I just feel GEJ was unlucky to become the president at a time when things have gotten really bad.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
afam4eva:

Following your line of reasoning, should we not also excuse Obj by claiming that he was not the system and the system was the reason he did not do so well? Heck, we could blame his shortcomings on the administration before his . . . then we all smoke gangas and stare into the clouds until next election year were were repeat the same blame-everyone-else exercise. I know we are very good at this.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Pukkah: 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
Oh, we should blame the system, right? Was it the system that campaigned for votes, was declared the winner of the election, and issued a certificate of return by INEC? Is it the system that is residing in Aso Rock and drawing salaries based on a self-set promise to turn the country around?

Was it the face of Mr System that was on the election posters or that of Mr Jonathan?

Please put a stop to this type of escapist argument and tell Mr Jonathan to work instead of helping him look for nebulous excuses. Alternatively, he can CHOOSE to leave the seat and let the faceless 'system' resolve the problem.

Nigerians are suffering.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by edogirl2: 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2011
@op, saying everyone blames gej for all of nigeria's ills is simply not true. people are right to question the competence of this presidency that can't seem to get anything right. we didn't need a president who woulnd't even attempt to change the system, however long the problems have been there. he promised change during his campaign, he should deliver. it's his problem, he should fix his dilly dallying presidency and stop blaming everyone else.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by cjfavour(m): 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2011
op, if he can't change the system, he shld resign. He promised fresh air, where is it? In d system?
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Gbawe: 11:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
We would all look in the direction of entrenched practices and "the system" if we are not seeing GEJ doing things in a 'business as usual' manner when he promised transformation !!!

Is it the system that made him take the largest delegation ever to the CHOGM jamboree in Australia recently?

Did the system force him to announce that "leaner Government not possible"?

Did the system make him pander to political expediency in apppointing the poorest Police boss available while cops better than Ringim , academically, rank and performance wise, were pushed out of the way?

Is it the system preventing from cutting the cost of Governance when far richer Nations worldwide have been doing this with ease?

We can also blame the system for the pi.ss poor appointees of GEJ when Mr. President bragged of a transformational team?

I could go on all day. What do we have but stagnation under this man totally out of his debt? To those unbiased and desirous of the best for Nigeria, it is clear that GEJ is part of the system and thus not interested in reform of any kind whatsoever. He was deliberately drafted in , as Yar Adua's VP, because OBJ et al recognised an "establishment' man who would never rock the boat in favour of the common man and against the interest of the AGIP ruining Nigeria. GEJ is a poster child of the system. A totally loyal disciple of the system and all his actions show it.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Kilode1: 11:39pm On Nov 15, 2011
Hehn. .Ok. .But. . . . Is it by force to be Presido?. . .he fit comot nah.

Nigerian presidency is an at will employment. .you fit resign anytime. . . . . Sir grin
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by asha80(m): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2011
Kilode?!:

Hehn. .Ok. .But. . . . Is it by force to be Presido?. . .he fit comot nah.

Nigerian presidency is an at will employment. .you fit resign anytime. . . . . Sir grin

not holding brief for jonathan but when have we ever had a president that really angled to be president?shagari,obj(second term),yaradull?something must be wrong somewhere.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2011
Who force them? Who put a gun to their heads? Jonathan almost turned Nigeria upside down with his decision to run for presidency. He wanted that job and did what he needed to maintain it.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by egift(m): 12:22am On Nov 16, 2011
Always blaming others
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by dayokanu(m): 12:31am On Nov 16, 2011
One thing about Retardeen and his fans is that they never accept responsibility

It was the system who sent 170 people to Australia,

It was Mr System who went to Australia to molest women,

It was the Mr System who said we should pray for Criminals to confess

Mr System who said Terrorism is happening all over the world and we shouldnt worry

It was Mr System who wanted to extend tenure

It was the System who wanted to remove Subsidy

It was under Mr systems rule that bombs have become part of our lives
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Nov 16, 2011
dayokanu:

One thing about Retardeen and his fans is that they never accept responsibility

It was the system who sent 170 people to Australia,

It was Mr System who went to Australia to molest women,

It was the Mr System who said we should pray for Criminals to confess

Mr System who said Terrorism is happening all over the world and we shouldnt worry

It was Mr System who wanted to extend tenure

It was the System who wanted to remove Subsidy

It was under Mr systems rule that bombs have become part of our lives

Go System . . GO!!!!
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Beaf: 12:42am On Nov 16, 2011
afam4eva:

Nigerians will have to win a competition of myopism in the world if organized. I've never seen a people who ignore so many years of moral decadence and misrule to put it at the door step of one person. Even though i did not vote for GEJ in the past election(i voted for Buhari btw), i don't think the problems plaguing the country today is totally due to his inefficiency. It baffles me when people talk as if Nigeria was a land of milk and honey before the arrival of Jonathan. It even pains me more when people refer to PDP,a party formed i 1999 as the party behind the backward spiral of Nigeria. These people tend to believe that should another party take over the seat frrom PDP, things will change automatically. As if it's not the same political LovePeddlers that are in those other parties.

I think Nigeria is on a gradual ride to hell and it has been like that for a long time. GEJ is unfortunate to be ruling Nigeria at a time when things have gotten worse and when the country is closer to oblivion.

Let's look at the source of the problem rather than blame someone who has been there for less than 3 years.

I totally agree with you. However, these people aren't necessarily all foolish, some of them are just following a fad. How can normal people blame a President who is just starting his term for 49 years of misrule; you would think they would even be able to pick a good leader from the past, but they can't.
Atiku, Ciroma and co started the trend of abusing a sitting President and the weak minded ones amongst us got impressed.

There was a time I actually wondered if that id!otic prof that concluded that Nigeria has an average IQ of 70 was correct; but now after peering underneath the covers I can segregate the bashers into 4 easily identifiable groups:

1. Ethnic bigots
2. Religious bigots
3. Election losers (political businessmen)
4. Id!ots

Those outside of the above groups are objective, regardless of their political leaning.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Nobody: 1:56am On Nov 16, 2011
did mr system not spam us with 'fresh air' promises?

wtf is all this the problems were there before him?

real leaders all over the world inherit problems ad deal with them

the late steve jobs who our good for nothing president was eulogizing via his facebook hack inherited a company on the brink of collapse.

no whining about i did not create these problems - he got down to business and turned the compnay around

but we are talking about gej, a man who ran one of the most backward states in nigeria, the man whose legacy is sylva
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by egift(m): 2:17am On Nov 16, 2011
Beaf:

I totally agree with you. However, these people aren't necessarily all foolish, some of them are just following a fad. How can normal people blame a President who is just starting his term for 49 years of misrule; you would think they would even be able to pick a good leader from the past, but they can't.
Atiku, Ciroma and co started the trend of abusing a sitting President and the weak minded ones amongst us got impressed.

There was a time I actually wondered if that id!otic prof that concluded that Nigeria has an average IQ of 70 was correct; but now after peering underneath the covers I can segregate the bashers into 4 easily identifiable groups:

1. Ethnic bigots
2. Religious bigots
3. Election losers (political businessmen)
4. Id!ots

Those outside of the above groups are objective, regardless of their political leaning.

Beaf get your head off Jonathan's armpit for once. Anytime your Oga roll out one of those his regular lame plans, you blame the system - how convenient!

See the way you are calling us names because we refuse to suck the fresh air from those black armpits the way you have done all day.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Desola(f): 2:59am On Nov 16, 2011
oloshi pataki ni eranko lasan lasan ti won n pe ni 'maalu' yen.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by OAM4J: 3:11am On Nov 16, 2011
@OP

We are all aware of the many problems facing Nigeria before GEJ assumed power, no one is blaming him for the past woes.

The question everyone is asking is: What improvement has GEJ made on the system since over a year he became the president and C in C?
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 16, 2011
Plz, Boko haram  is also everywhere in the world. . . . . so don't worry, Nigerians. E go better.

- GEJ, 2011
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by BootyOnMe: 4:58am On Nov 16, 2011

[size=20pt]I think Nigeria is on a gradual ride to hell and it has been like that for a long time. GEJ is unfortunate to be ruling Nigeria at a time when things have gotten worse and when the country is closer to oblivion.[/size]

Leave GEJ abeg.
GEJ can be likened to Obama. . . in one regard only.
It is easier to put your hand inside the lubricated anu-s of a shyting tortoise. . .than to takeirrrrout! grin.
They have both found out that deep inside the intestines of the tortoise, lies different types/stages/categories of untreatable, contagious, malignant tumors and cancers. cry

The best thing I have read all year long.
I agree. The average Nigerian lives in penury. . .without any hopes of leaving Nigeria for a breath or fresh air. . . one can best describe the Nigerian life as being sentenced to life imprisonment with HAAAAAAAAAAAAARD LABOR. . . WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF PAROLE!!!!!

PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING. . . LIKE I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!!! cry

No difference between the so-called rich and poor. . . they all look miserable!!!!!
My visit to Nigeria this time around has totally confirmed it.
We really need Boko Haram. ANYTHING TO SHAKE THIS SYSTEM. . .unfortunately the 'duncy' Boko Haram is going after the wrong targets.
These politicians are worse than Boko Haram.
Nigerians and Nigeria are in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep shyte.
To get ourrof this quagmire. . . is gonna take some hell!

This system of corruption is unbeatable. sad
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by kettykin: 5:48am On Nov 16, 2011
the only balls gej needs is the ball to declare an snc, the snc is what nigeria needs now or a referendum.
If obj had balls how come ibb was never tried for looting. Obj balls didnt stop sharia or riots.

Nigerians never called for gowon to resign when the parents of boko haram where killing igbos in the 60s , when nigerian soldiers were loosing their lives in the east , when innocent children were starving to death. And they want gej whose subttle diplomacy has prevented that from happening to resign.

If anybody is not happy with gej , he or she should'opt out of nigeria with his tribe.
Notice how bokoharam has cleverly avoided the option of pulling out of nigeria and forming an islamic country , why on earth does bh want to be in the same country with infidels
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by RickyRoss1(m): 6:19am On Nov 16, 2011
afam4eva:

Nigerians will have to win a competition of myopism in the world if organized. I've never seen a people who ignore so many years of moral decadence and misrule to put it at the door step of one person. Even though i did not vote for GEJ in the past election(i voted for Buhari btw), i don't think the problems plaguing the country today is totally due to his inefficiency. It baffles me when people talk as if Nigeria was a land of milk and honey before the arrival of Jonathan. It even pains me more when people refer to PDP,a party formed i 1999 as the party behind the backward spiral of Nigeria. These people tend to believe that should another party take over the seat frrom PDP, things will change automatically. As if it's not the same political LovePeddlers that are in those other parties.

I THINK I AGREE WITH YOU, BESIDES, THERE ARE LOTS OF LOOSERS WHO ARE WORKING VERY VERY HARD TO DISCREDIT R UNDO GEJ, ESPECIALLY DEM SYCOPHANTS FROM THE NORTH, WHY WERE THESE LOOSERS NOT THROWING BOMBS B4 NOW
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by dayokanu(m): 6:20am On Nov 16, 2011
Why was MEND throwing bombs during OBJ and Yar Adua tenure? Were they trying to sabotage those regimes too?
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by Akanbiedu(m): 8:18am On Nov 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Why was MEND throwing bombs during OBJ and Yar Adua tenure? Were they trying to sabotage those regimes too?

The difference this time around is instead of blaming the man saddled with the responsibility of protecting Nigerians, his "people" want us to blame the "other people" throwing the bombs.
Re: Don't Blame Gej, Blame The System by cjfavour(m): 8:34am On Nov 16, 2011
GEJ HAVE BN IN POWER SINCE HE BECAME D ACTING PRESIDENT. GEJ IS D SYSTEM.PDP THE CREATOR OF D SYSTEM. FLUSH THEM OUT AND NIGERIA WILL BE BETTER. ON BOKO HARAM ,AS SOMEONE SAID, WHY ARE THEY IN D SAME COUNTRY WITH INFIDELS? THEY SHLD DECLARE AREWA REPUBLIC AND PRACTICE THEIR 100% SHARIA .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Great Ogboru Denies Moves To ACN / Benue South: Senator David Mark In Narrow Lead (IDOMA VOICE) / Who Contributed To Jonathan's Downfall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.