Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Review My Blog, Site And Webmaster Tools Collection - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Review My Blog, Site And Webmaster Tools Collection (1106 Views)

Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site / Drop Your Site And Get A Good Traffic Here / Awesome Webmaster Tools You Should Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Review My Blog, Site And Webmaster Tools Collection by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2011
I wish to thank those of you that helped me to review my website when i first started - talking about .net
Former review page

Since that time and now, there has been a lot of changes - i have revamped the entire website, and have succeeded in splitting
it into sections - and tried to make it easier to navigate.

Features In New Version:
- There is a universal login/signup/registration framework aka SSO - which i developed earlier to handle registration. I noted that over 10k registrations were made on the former version of the site. All those registrations have been transferred into the upgraded version of the site - the only thing is - if you have not signed in for awhile, you will need to reset your password.

- The new site automatically detects mobile devices and renders pages in mobile format - still to be improved on later.

- The upgraded website is splitted into 3 different sections:
- The home/landing page http://www..net/
- The blog http://www.blog..net/
- The Tools http://www.blog..net/tools
- More sections will come up soonest - features like directory for developers

And i should add that the download section of the former site and the forum were removed, and the dhtml scripts section, all these have
been integrated into the blog.
A new forum may come up later - but it will be for a different purpose entirely - a completely new feature of my site.

Notice that the tools seem to be part of the blog. This is because the blog section of the site is developed with drupal, while the home page is custom php script. And the SSO [www.accounts..net] is custom php as well - in a form of micro framework.

I will like to hear your reviews. And i will like to thank everyone that contributed to the look, feel, functionality, security features et al for the blog and the entire website as a whole.

The website is functional and working fine, but trust me, i am only about 20 - 30% done with my plans for the entire domain. These are just the foundations, i never reach decking at all. And I cant help but notice that traffick is rapidly increasing too, thanks guys for visiting.
Re: Review My Blog, Site And Webmaster Tools Collection by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2011
And i should add that the blog hate.s spammers, and if it suspects that you are a spammer or a bot for any reason, you may face harsh treatments, and may possibly get bounced temporarily or permanently. I want people, but less spammers.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make An Website Like Nairaland? / How To Find New Friends Online / Didyouknow If You Search Google Gravity On Google, Page Will Lose It's Gravity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.