Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

How To Prepare For Ican Exams - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Prepare For Ican Exams (8836 Views)

How To Pass ICAN Exams With Flying Colours / ICAN EXAMS-GENERAL THREAD / How To Register For ICAN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare For Ican Exams by llade(m): 6:30am On Nov 16, 2011
Am in a fix, started from foundation n wrote d old PE 1 b4 d new syallabus was introduced, d thing is av neva failed any subject but av not been able to write d past 2 diets(I wrote FA yesterday it was ok doh I did not prepare we'll, but am afraid I can't write d remaining papers cos am not prepared) for one reason, ma preparation has not always been enof, av been covering 50-60 percent in previous diets but its evident dats not enof at dis level. I nid advice to prepare adequately for d next diet. Ma goal is to cover d entire syllabus n revise it with past questions as many times as possible. How do I achieve dis pls.
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by tayoast(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2011
Are you working or not? Are you attending lectures?

You'll need to create some time to study everyday.
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by llade(m): 6:19am On Nov 23, 2011
Am woorking but not attending lectures.
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by tayoast(m): 12:01am On Nov 24, 2011
Since ure not attending lecture, i suggest you dedicate your weekends for studying.
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by Jasiel(f): 11:39am On Nov 24, 2011
I don't think its possible to completely cover the syllabus except you're a full time student or you're working along the same lines you're studying. However, I do suggest you dedicate weekends for study and focus is key. I've been through the trauma of a referral and I can tell you that its not exactly an easy pill to swallow. However no matter the turnout its all worth it. Trust in God to do what you cannot.
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by tayoast(m): 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2011
Jasiel:

I don't think its possible to completely cover the syllabus except you're a full time student or you're working along the same lines you're studying. However, I do suggest you dedicate weekends for study and focus is key. I've been through the trauma of a referral and I can tell you that its not exactly an easy pill to swallow. However no matter the turnout its all worth it. Trust in God to do what you cannot.

You're right.

Qualified?

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by Jasiel(f): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2011
Not yet.
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by llade(m): 8:31am On Nov 25, 2011
Tanks to u all al do my best and make sure I prepare well n early for next diet.
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by dubyline: 11:28am On Sep 21, 2012
Good day house,Please how do i get tutorial to prepare my self for Ican exams PI for nexT year 2013.can some one help me out.i wl be greatful to hear get your contribution.thanks
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by dubyline: 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
dubyline: Good day house,Please how do i get tutorial to prepare my self for Ican exams PI for nexT year 2013.can some one help me out.i wl be greatful to hear get your contribution.thanks
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by goddyzee: 8:02am On Sep 27, 2012
Hello house pls I am also to wrte PE 1 next year the only area I would nid counsel is the area of financial accounting.plz wat are the main topics that I should focus on dat questions do come consistentlymthanx
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2012
@ dubyline
For the tutorials, you need to get the study packs for each of the subjects, as well as pilot and pathfinders(I.e ICAN past questions for the last 10 diets). Don't forget the syllabus for each subject, very important, helps you keep track of your progress in preparation for the exam. Don't just get these materials, create time to study them.

If you can attend tutorial centres, fine. There is wyse, Risk free, safe and others, do your research and choose whichever suits you best. I must warn you though, if you work, the whole of your weekends will be spent taking classes. If you do this, you must create time for your personal study and attempt questions on your own because, lectures alone won't get you well equipped for the exam, your personal input counts. Some people are guilty of this. They complain there is no time for personal studies, weekends are fixed for lectures, d traffic during the week...just try, even if it is 3 or 4 hours per day, could be 2 hours in the evening and 2 hours early in the mornin? before you leave for work.
But if you know you just can't work out time to study except on weekends, I would suggest you spend your weekends studying on your own. The lectures are also important though, you may not be able to cover the syllabus, but some of those things you heard/learnt in class would help you solve some questions faster rather than racking your brains on such.

Whatever you do, try keep a balance between lectures and personal study, if you would attend lectures.
Start early too.

Finally, if you believe in God, Pray.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by Elacutey(f): 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
I want 2 sit 4 d pe1 dis may diet.pls I want 2 knw when is d right time 2 register 4 d exams and when 2 start attending lectures 4 it as I will b goin 4 nysc batch A dis march.pls I need answers urgently cos am so confused right now.thanks.
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by dubyline: 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
beecool: @ dubyline
For the tutorials, you need to get the study packs for each of the subjects, as well as pilot and pathfinders(I.e ICAN past questions for the last 10 diets). Don't forget the syllabus for each subject, very important, helps you keep track of your progress in preparation for the exam. Don't just get these materials, create time to study them.

If you can attend tutorial centres, fine. There is wyse, Risk free, safe and others, do your research and choose whichever suits you best. I must warn you though, if you work, the whole of your weekends will be spent taking classes. If you do this, you must create time for your personal study and attempt questions on your own because, lectures alone won't get you well equipped for the exam, your personal input counts. Some people are guilty of this. They complain there is no time for personal studies, weekends are fixed for lectures, d traffic during the week...just try, even if it is 3 or 4 hours per day, could be 2 hours in the evening and 2 hours early in the mornin? before you leave for work.
But if you know you just can't work out time to study except on weekends, I would suggest you spend your weekends studying on your own. The lectures are also important though, you may not be able to cover the syllabus, but some of those things you heard/learnt in class would help you solve some questions faster rather than racking your brains on such.

Whatever you do, try keep a balance between lectures and personal study, if you would attend lectures.
Start early too.

Hope this helps.
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by Audinowing(m): 3:20am On Jan 19, 2013
Pls help a brother. I just scaled through pe 1 after writing the exams 3 times and this is seriously telling on me financially because am not working presently and the zeal of having Ican is what is pushing me till now. I sincerely seek the assistance of any one who can help me with pe 2 materials. I will surely return them after use. My contact is 08068382141. God bless you as you do this for me. Thank you.
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by kellyjessy1gma: 10:01am On Feb 14, 2013
You can still make it.
Contact Topfield Tutors for ICAN ATS, Foundation Intermediate and PE I in Lagos, Quiz Pack is also available
Call 08020647499, 07041850660
or Email: gbolaboonasanya@yahoo.com
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
beecool: @ dubyline

Start early too.

Hope this helps.
please where can I get pathfinder and pilot questions for 10 years o if u v d soft ccopy ma email is elohoawusi@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by contra(m): 7:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by pioneer: 6:30am On Jun 28, 2014
For your ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com, info.excelassociates@gmail.com
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by houseoftuition: 4:57am On Aug 13, 2014
You can now get Chartered from the comfort of your own house at www.IcanLectures.com.ng Even if you are new to the Curriculum,with no previous knowledge, it is our diligent commitment and promise to you, that nevertheless, YOU WILL PASS.

Stay in the comfort of your home or office and we'll bring you as perfect an understanding as is humanly possible.
Give us a try and see that these are no mere words.

Regards
The IcanLectures.com.ng TeamYou can now get Chartered from the comfort of your own house at www.IcanLectures.com.ng Even if you are new to the Curriculum,with no previous knowledge, it is our diligent commitment and promise to you, that nevertheless, YOU WILL PASS.

Stay in the comfort of your home or office and we'll bring you as perfect an understanding as is humanly possible.
Give us a try and see that these are no mere words.

Regards
The IcanLectures.com.ng Team
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
Does Wyse and others have study centres in Rivers state? If yer, what are their address?
Re: How To Prepare For Ican Exams by Dereformer(m): 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
Do you stay around Nnewi and environs, are you desirous of being an ICAN certified accountant, then take advantage of the opportunity PATRAC CONSULTING presents.

At PATRAC, we have well groomed, intelligent and gifted Ican tutors. Our past students who did exceedingly well in ICAN exams are part of our Teaching squad.

Our selection process ensures that we engage first class brains.

In our center, we allow our students to evaluate us within the first one month and thereafter, make payment if satisfied with our method, or leave without paying a dime if not satisfied. Our experience has always been that no one ever left.

May 2016 diet lectures commences in earnest from January 9, 2016.

For inquiries call 08176412800.

PATRAC.... we make a living by grooming people to become chartered accountants.

(1) (Reply)

Which Should I Go For Between Auto Repair And Content Writing? / How Can A Fresh Graduate With NEBOSH IGC Get A Job In Nigeria? / We Didn’t Sack 1,500 Workers - MTN Denies Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.