Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce (2605 Views)

Fmr Oyo State Gov Alao Akala Joins APC, Received By Gov Ajimobi / Delta State Governor Sacked With Immediate Effect / Gov Alao-akala 60th Birthday: Another Attempt To Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by MT: 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2007
It is bizarre for Adedibu's stooge, the stupid  Gov Alao Akala to declare the whole Oyo State workforce sacked, and asking people to start applying to fill the "VACANCIES". This man lacks administrative sense and a total disgrace to Nigeria Politics. I can't wait for the tribunal to send him packing of Agodi Government House.

He should ask himself why Yaradua didnt sack the whole of Federal workers when they went on strike. Akala keeps on painting a picture of how mentally depressed he is by his daily action.

If he doesnt know HE IS A COMPLETE FAILURE !

http://www.tribune.com.ng/20092007/news/news2.html

Oyo sacks striking workers; Calls for fresh applications; We will resist it - Labour
By Akin Durodola and Tope Abiola - 20.09.2007

THE labour crisis in Oyo State took a new dimension on Wednesday as the state government sacked the striking workers and immediately called for fresh applications to fill the vacancies.

The new development, according to the state government, followed the rejection by labour leaders of the fresh concession by the state government of agreeing to pay the requested minimum wage to workers on Grade Levels 01-08, instead of 01-06, adoption of Osun State wage table to workers from Grade Levels 09-14 and additional payment of N3,000 as domestic allowances for officers on Grade Level 15-17.

According to Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala’s Special Adviser on Public Communication, Prince Dotun Oyelade, who made the intention of the government known in a press statement, “in spite of these huge concessions, which are far in excess of the 15 per cent originally demanded by Oyo State workers, labour has refused flatly to go back to work.”

He said the state government had shifted ground three times while the labour position remained unchanged, by insisting on “controversial unsustainable wage that they negotiated with the past administration.”

Already, the state government has placed an advertisement in national dailies to fill the positions it just declared vacant. In the advertisement, the positions of four categories of workers were to be applied for and these include primary school teachers, secondary school teachers, junior staff of between Grade levels 02 - 06 and senior staff from Grade levels 07 - 09.

While the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) is to handle that of public primary school teachers, the state Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) will handle public secondary school teachers, the Ministry of Establishment, Training and Poverty Alleviation to handle the junior staff cadre and the state Civil Service Commission to handle the senior civil service cadre.

All applications, according to the advertisement, are to come in within one week. Justifying government’s decision, Oyelade said the state government had no choice but “to invoke the civil service rule as provided for in the General Order that says that any civil servant who absents himself from work illegally shall be summarily dismissed.

“In a counter affidavit sworn to and presented by Oyo State labour at the National Industrial Court which sat in Lagos on August 28, 2007, labour swore that it had never been on strike in Oyo State.

“This proclamation, made and signed before a court of law by labour, means that no worker in Oyo State has been on strike and, therefore, absenting themselves from work all this while has been illegal and unconstitutional.

“In this regard, government has declared their positions vacant and advertisement has been placed by constituted authorities in national dailies for the positions to be filled forthwith.”

Earlier, the Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Mrs. Risikat Alabi, had appealed to the workers to try to understand what she called the plight of the government and resume work with the fresh concession by the government.

Meanwhile, organised labour has vowed to resist the sack, describing it as a ruse. Speaking with the Nigerian Tribune in telephone interview, the chairmen of the two labour unions in the state, Bayo Ajayi of the Trade Union Congress (TUC) and Bashir Apapa of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), described the action of the state government as a contempt of the court.

Comrade Apapa, the NLC chairman, maintained that workers in the state would resist the action of the government. According to him, “the matter is still pending in court and it will be very unwise of the governor to take that step. That is a contempt of the court and we shall take him up on that. It is a dream which can never be realised. We shall resist it.”

Comrade Apapa further said, “we have also shifted ground by telling the government to improve on the Ogun State government’s circular to pay levels 9 to 14, which I believe would not have any negative effect on the government.”

Apapa maintained that Oyo State workers would not accept the Osun State government’s circular. The TUC boss, Comrade Bayo Ajayi, also described it as a ruse, saying that “I know Otunba Alao-Akala as a responsible person who will not take that type of irrational decision. But if he does, the workers’ congress will decide on the next step of action, but I am sure that he would not do it.”

He added that “to sack workers in the state is like sacking the whole state. A good leader will not dream of doing that. He will embarrass himself if he plans to do that. Oyo State belongs to us and one will not want the government to set it on fire.”

Also speaking, secretary of the Nigeria Union of Teachers, Comrade Olu Abiala, who is also the NLC secretary, said teachers and other civil servants in the state were ready to call off the strike immediately the Ogun State salary scale was improved on by the state government.

Abiala added that religious and civil organisations and all stakeholders in Oyo State had been appealing to the NLC and the entire workforce to accept the modified Ogun circular, which he said was not even good enough for the workers
Re: Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by Seun(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2007
Why can't he sack them? Afterall, they don't want to work. Better still, let him privatize everything. angry
Re: Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by tonia2000(f): 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2007
Akala wl be wrong if he does that what does he take labour for, sincerely he lacks Good administrative skills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by ola4u: 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2007
Hunn, what do you expect from ex - police conficts like Akala Alao. Lack Management principle, crook, Adedibu favourite, wicked etc.

God will deliver Oyo State from him. Amen.

God will frustrate every devices of liars. Amen.

Holy Ghost Fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by mouka(f): 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2007
i wonder what seun meant. its not just an Oyo state thing, PDP is a disgrace to nigeria's politics for presenting all these thugs and insulting the intelligence of nigerians. its even worse that there are no credible opposition parties in nigeria! o ga oo
Re: Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by denex: 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2007
I was very happy whan I heard the news this morning on Television. I couldn't hide my joy. I've always wanted a situation like this in Nigeria where the ELECTORATE will face off with their ELECTED PUBLIC SERVANTS.

If 30,000 Oyo Citizens allow their jobs to be taken away by 1 Civil Servant, then they never deserved to have those jobs. I hope the Federal Government does not intervene on this issue. Let me see those loudmouthed Masses and unionists effect their democratic rights for once.
Re: Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by Mariory(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
mouka:

its even worse that there are no credible opposition parties in nigeria!

This is the real problem we must work on.
Re: Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by tonia2000(f): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
Akala is simply a TOUT.Let none expect any sign of responsibility from such politician,Too Local to Rule grin grin grin
Re: Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by speera: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2007
It really is sad that we unfortunately live in a land whee any tom dick and akala can claim to b a governor and make decisions like the real nonentity I always thought himself and the old drag were. I agree that a face off between the state house and the workers should commence in order to teach other despots the real way to govern ordinary citizens. We have been too much of mugu's all over the country hence tender justice with mercy appears to be a key statement on the lips of a*s%holes over the past decades who act like leaders but are just a bunch of whatever!!!
Re: Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by otokx(m): 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2007
Oyo State Again shocked
Re: Gov Alao Akala : The Most Insane Governor Sacked The Entire Oyo State Workforce by Wilfem(m): 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2007
NO DOUBT THAT ALAO AKALA IS INSANE. Or how else can someone think of doing that? if he is not insane and might have received backings from insane fahters of his. May God deliver we the citizens of Oyo State from Akala, who had become AKALUNATIC

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Nigerian Navy Seals? / Prosecute Boko Haram Members Or Release Okah - Ex Militants / Reavealed: Ojukwu Had A Child With A Fulani Lady In 1965

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.