Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia (5791 Views)

Poll: Does Tuface deserve the Award

Yes: 67% (60 votes)
No: 32% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Dbanj Wins ‘Best African Act’ At 2012 MOBO Awards / D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2007
The MOBO Awards 2007 took place tonight (September 19) at the O2 Arena in London.

Amy Winehouse was crowned queen of the night as she took away the award for Best UK Female for her album 'Back To Black', whilst Dizzee Rascal walked away with Best UK Male for his record 'Maths and English'.

Kanye West won two of the three awards he was nominated for, taking away the prize for Best Video and beating rival 50 Cent to the Best Hip Hop gong.

The full list of winners is as follows:

Best UK Female - Amy Winehouse
Best UK Male - Dizzee Rascal
Best International Act - Rihanna
Best Song - Ne-Yo 'Because Of You'
Best UK Newcomer - N Dubz
Best Video - Kanye West 'Stronger'
Best Hip Hop - Kanye West
Best R&B - Ne-Yo
Best Reggae - Sean Kingston
Best Gospel - G-Force
Best DJ - Tim Westwood
Best Jazz - Soweto Kinch
Best African Act - 2face Idibia

By now the news of Tu Face Idibia's attack must have spread across the various Nigerian media outlets. But for those who haven't gotten the news, here's a brief summary.

On Thursday night about 8pm, Tu Face Idibia and a colleague were attacked in their car by gunmen whilst on their way home (FESTAC Town) from the Murtala Mohammed Airport. They both sustained injuries and are on admission at Cedar Hospital in the FESTAC Town area. Tu Face was hit in the thigh whilst, whilst Ifeanyi Orji, Faze’s elder brother was hurt in the arm. Apparently a laptop computer on Tu Face's lap saved him from further injury. The gunmen did not remove anything from their person or the car.

My first source of this news was via BEN TV's Internet site. I don't quite know the source of their information but they sure made things sound very critical with their claims that Tu Face was battling for life. This prompted me to run a quick Internet search for further verification, and thankfully I found one, supplied surprisingly by the Ghanian site modernghana.com. It gave a more detailed and less scary take on the news, reporting that the doctor, at Cedars Hospital, Festac, where Tu Face is being hospitalised, stated that the artist was not in a life-threatening situation.

What a relief! But it is no cause for rejoicing at all. The fact that one of Nigeria's most promising artist could be attacked in such a manner is very troubling indeed. The fact that lightening has struck twice on the same individual calls for urgent attention. It was only barely 2 years ago he narrowly escaped death at the hands of armed robbers, and now this. Similarly, he had just returned from a trip abroad. The guy had been in the country for barely 2 hours before being given the kind of reception nobody would wish for.

It all reeks of tons and tons of fish. It was reported that his assailants didn't take anything from the car or its occupants. It bears all the signs of foul play. The extremity with which Nigerians like to operate sometimes presents dangers at the most unexpected times. Here we go again attempting to destroy what works for us. You have someone like Tu Face, a creative talent anyone would be proud of, who has worked hard for his success, who is being a worthy ambassador for Nigeria. This is the person some wicked elements conspired to attack.

It shows how much criminality has been allowed to fester in Nigeria. It also shows the greed and ill-intent some in our midst have. Enemies of progress, doers of evil. Their insecurity is so deep they will do anything to be relevant or make a headway. I have no doubt that Tu Face's growing fame and success is unnerving to some unscrupulous elements. Because they are unable to compete fairly, they resort to the tactics of eliminating the source of their perceived competition. What other reasons would anyone want to harm one of Nigeria's brightest stars.

It will be sad if this ugly incident was designed to harm or scare Tu Face into oblivion. It will be a tragedy if the dark side of Nigerian politics is now being transferred to the music and entertainment industries. Creative people are the life-blood of any environment. Through their enterprise, they provide welcome release from the grind of everyday living. Comedians fill us with laughter, musicians and dancers entertain us, and fine artists amaze us. Unfortunately the greed and callousness of some people blinds them to this fact.

I know the Nigerian Police under Mike Okiro's leadership is doing a great job fighting crime at the moment. But this and other robbery incidents highlights the monumental challenge we have. In spite of the many successes of the Lagos state government and police, it is of a great concern that we still have many bandits roaming the streets bent on causing harm to their fellow Nigerians. Whilst some are working and building, others are killing and destroying. it makes one wonder if there is a secret factory producing these elements.

Collectively, politicians and thieves have given Nigerians a raw deal. The former creating the problem, the latter exacerbating it. Sins of the past being visited on the present. The absence of vital amenities, like constant electricity, have aided and abetted the activities of the criminally minded. The whole of Nigeria ought to be well lit by now. It is almost like knowingly creating the perfect environment for robbers to flourish. Apparently the site of Tu Face's unfortunate incident, around Cele bus stop, was as dark as the devil's front room, providing just the right cover for dastardly acts of this nature. We need to light up our villages, towns and cities. We can make use of solar energy whilst awaiting more permanent solutions.

I have no doubt that Governor Babatunde Fashola, by his actions thus far, is determined to change the face of Lagos for the better. I also believe Mike Okiro is waging a stronger war on criminals, and things are slowly improving. Various other state police commands are doing an incredible job. They do have quite a task on their hands, as it is evident that some criminals are as determined not to give-up the unhealthy lifestyle they've become accustomed to. To counter this we need a new breed of politicians and police personnel, whose vision, action and commitment will bring about the desired positive change. In line with our quest for a high economic standing, it is imperative that we improve our forensic capabilities to the highest level of sophistication. We need more trained investigators, detectives and forensic experts, so that the days of unsolved crimes are put behind us.

In the meantime, a bunch of young men lay on hospital beds, totally saddened, bemused and angry at the shock welcome they have received after an enterprising sojourn abroad. One minute you are on stage receiving an outpouring of love and appreciation from a multitude of people, next minute you are being attacked by gun-wielding men. Tu Face must be wondering what more he needs to do to demonstrate his love for his country. He makes good music, flies the flag for his country all over the world, yet someone somewhere wants to harm him. Perhaps his winning a MOBO Award in London has further enraged some. Perhaps their artists will do better, sell more records, if Tu Face was out of the picture. What they fail to realize is that, an artist like Tu Face brings more international attention to other Nigerian artists, and is therefore a vital ingredient for the music scene. They must realize that the universe is big enough for all artists, business people or whatever profession.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2007
Tuface is still proving to be the hottest Nigerian export to the rest of the world.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Tunes: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2007
whoa, thats wassup. I keep tellin 2face that he needs to come showcase his talents in America, he is still the most talented Nigerian artist I have heard thus far, although I felt Dbanj deserved d award too, cuz of his strong buzz out in Naija
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2007
and he should also buil up here in the uk. jamaican blokes love him so much
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by concrete: 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2007
congrats to 2baba

I guess the haters can be on hatin', it seems to bring him luck cheesy
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by concrete: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2007
congrats to 2baba

I guess the haters can be on hatin', it seems to bring him luck  cheesy
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by lalaboi(m): 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2007
2baba no leles! simply z best!

dispute and rundown lol!
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Baro(m): 9:35pm On Sep 20, 2007
Congrats Keke
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Configur(m): 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2007
CONGRATULATIONS TO TUFACE,ALWAYZ REPRESENTIN
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by malubabe: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2007
yes o yes yo 2fase won. and how proud i was. but what whas wrong with him?? it could happen to anybody, it didnt happen to anybody thatn him, breaking the mobo award. dropping it on the ground. na wah oh. oh that was embarassing by the way. watching it i felt for him. anyhow the guy should be doing more gigs in uk and try to raise profile more jare
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by DeLimit1: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2007
@ Malu babe,
You mean the award fell from his hands and got broken,    hahahahaha
Maybe it's because the award isn't his, he must have felt guilty for once, sorry 2face lipsrsealed

With which song did he even buy win the award; African Queen
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 10:54am On Sep 21, 2007
yeah, such a shame

he won the award for the new album
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by anusule(m): 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2007
laughed out LOUD when the award fell from his hand,

tu.face: i cant believe this is happening to me (3ce) after the award fell down and broke
dbanj: picks the broken parts up from the floor and raising it up like he was praising God

nigerian things dey always dey different
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Baro(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2007
They should keep buying all the awards while Faze keeps setting the standard.
You know what? Faze's video compilation is out; it's red hot, get yours from the nearest cd retailer now,

Video making is more than wearing Ghanian tops

Faze 4 life
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Effa(m): 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2007
Baro would you shout up that nonsense mouth of yours,
Compliment what is good ok and stop psoting stupid things on here, mind you this is not face thread ok. Mind what you say on here.

whats the meaning of congrats keke?
You just an ignorant fellow,

the award fell of he's hands, thats pretty bad but you know that could happen to anybody and mind the award belongs to him and its he's for keep for live, get that baro
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eleshin(m): 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2007
@ effa,
dont mind the mutherfucker he is a pessimist instead of him to be happy that the award come to his motherland he is hatin!that shows how foolish you are!omo ale!
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by kananyi: 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2007
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by mrmetoo(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2007
Tuface haters are here again. Why do u guys hate him so much? Even D'Banj that lost to him went on stage to celebrate with him. Thats how big boys roll!!!! The man deserves the award and no matter what some of you say its his. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Right now tho' he has the game on lock.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by concrete: 12:15am On Sep 22, 2007
mr me too:

Tuface haters are here again. Why do u guys hate him so much? Even D'Banj that lost to him went on stage to celebrate with him. Thats how big boys roll!!!! The man deserves the award and no matter what some of you say its his. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Right now tho' he has the game on lock.

^^^^^^^^

say am o!!!!!!!!

love u tu!!
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by kosikosi: 3:03am On Sep 22, 2007
CONGRATULATIONS TO TUFACE,
love uuuuuuuuu
love faze tooooooo

stop the hating,
tuface rockks,

they both have talent abeg
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by MoOdYLaDy(f): 3:05am On Sep 22, 2007
[size=17pt]2FACE ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss[/size]
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eleshin(m): 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2007
2FACE IS THE BEST NO DOUBT JUST KEEP UR FINGER UNTIL HE WINS GRAMMY!
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Effa(m): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2007
I believe you eleshin
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2007
sure 'he'll win best atriste by a one-time hit and no-show ever since award'
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Effa(m): 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2007
eldee, if am to get you right
you trying to say after the awards he got no show to go perform or what?

if thats what you mean then brother you are lieing
tu face just finished a musical tour with MTN/Soundcity crew
and he billed to perform in canada later next month and in London also,

Better Gee $ brother
understand what i mean
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 8:56am On Sep 27, 2007
no that's not what i mean, i'm not trying to say he is one hit guy, i'm not saying the only thing we here at all his concerts is african queen
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Effa(m): 11:14am On Sep 27, 2007
Hey Eldee

thats not true, guess you are Uk and you must have listened to he's new album
any show or concerts he goes for, he performs he's new songs and give out some free style also
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by jejelolatu(f): 11:48am On Sep 27, 2007
2 face

wat else do u guys want?

the grammys?

take a chill pill,tu baba will deliver it.

NO SHAKING.
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by Baro(m): 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2007
Yeah Keke will

No Shaking  tongue
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by jejelolatu(f): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2007
Baro:

Yeah Keke will

No Shaking  tongue

bad belle grin grin grin grin grin grin
how ur own be sef tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by eldee(m): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2007
ok we all know he's talented, but can he equal african queen
Re: Mobo Awards 2007. Best African Act - 2face Idibia by jejelolatu(f): 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2007
eldee:

ok we all know he's talented, but can he equal african queen

what?

have u heard ,if love is acrime

come on,the guy knows how to psyche up a lady with lyrics.

that song is berra than african queen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Panshak 'ice Prince' Zamani Loses Hypertensive Mom. / DOWNLOAD New Music: Asa – Broda Ole / 2face Idibia Is He A Muslim Or Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.