Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? (9564 Views)

We The Ikwerre Are Igbos By Ikechukwu A. Ogu(interesting Write Up) / Are Igbos Culturally Fused ? / Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by ell77(f): 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2008
@grafikdon - true talk.

@Ify - lol. no vex my sista I had to diffuse all this tension. What did you even say my Igbo is beginner level oh! What is 'o nweghi ihe meganu'?
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by faketan(m): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2008
Ozioma which battle?
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by ifyalways(f): 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2008
LMAO hehehe hahahahahah.
christ on a bike.  shocked shocked shocked shocked
i know where i come from and i know that my people don't generalize,they are not islands and are not sterotypes.

perharps its time we beam the searchlights inward and know who the stranger is.  undecided

ell77 o nweghi ihe meganu means nothing dey happen. hope you dey her pidgin eng sha  wink lol
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by ell77(f): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2008
@ify. lol. thanx. I am gonna add that to my booklet of Igbo phrases! How body?
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by ifyalways(f): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2008
you welcome dear.
am fine.
praying for a united nigeria this year and the downfall of all the enemies of nigeria.
attending to my sweetie too. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by oziomatv(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2008
don't push me to identify myself am crude Igbo.
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by faketan(m): 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2008
Igbo's are refined. How come you are crude?
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by ifyalways(f): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2008
okokobioko.
mbara ha ndi awo.
ijiji ha ndi singing.
mbe ha ndi coat.

hehe hahaah crude oil ni  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by ell77(f): 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2008
ifyalways:

you welcome dear.
am fine.
praying for a united nigeria this year and the downfall of all the enemies of nigeria.
attending to my sweetie too. kiss kiss kiss

Yeah please continue praying for Nigeria.

Your sweetie eh? Please you can tell me, is it Oziomatv? lol. Just joking. No wonder your not even taking this mini-battle seriously you have other 'peeps' to attend to. I have to admit sometimes I get a bit too engulfed in these arguments, like this is where things begin and end. If people don't listen here I have to remember that there are others out there who probably will.
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by oziomatv(m): 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2008
faketan:

Igbo's are refined. How come you are crude?
  my man which once?
            hapu umu agbogho ndia kama ha ga akwunye anyi n'ukwu
                      ona adonyere ndi ofe mmanu ka agasi na oga ala mbe ha.
                            fa ejidego ya uburu we gwuo tokoo.
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by ifyalways(f): 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2008
ell77 yes ma sweetie.
hes a refined niger man.
not  sterotype.  kiss kiss kiss kiss
gudnite dear.stay safe.

@topic every tribe is well reprensented in lagos.
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by ell77(f): 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2008
ifyalways:

ell77 yes ma sweetie.
hes a refined niger man.
not sterotype. kiss kiss kiss kiss
gudnite dear.stay safe.

@topic every tribe is well reprensented in lagos.

lol. cool. thanks my sista you too! goodnite! kiss
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by oziomatv(m): 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2008
happy wedluck
there' is home in Igboland
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by davidif: 1:12am On Jan 03, 2008
please oh don't insult Igbos! It is uncalled for.
@ell77
sorry if i offended you, i apologise.

How can you call someone are racist and then do worst?
@wendymanda
I wasn't trying to disrespect your folks in anyway, i just hate ethnocentrism and when some dude who is soooooo frustrated with life starts spewing hate, i decided to put him back in his place and tell he ain't so special at all and that he is just like every other human being in naija irrespective of ethnicity, so he should stop having that sense of entitlement or superiority to everyone else of a different  ethnicity in naija. His people are just actors on the stage like every other ethnicity in the country or in the world and there is no "special" or "chosen" race, y'all just human beings like everybody else in the world. Nigerians are nigerians, and they are entitled to reside in any part of the country end of story. Here in yanki, we boast of our diversity and not that any ethnicity or culture is better than the other but all should be appreciated, in naija its the other way round. Can you imagine how the world would be if we were all one skin color and one culture, it would be extremely horrible and bland, God has taste and variety that's why we are not all homogenous.
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by oziomatv(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2008
@ davidif
            How did you notice that I'm frustrated does it show in face?
maybe I should ask for revival somewhere.
thanks for informing I appreciate.
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by ifyalways(f): 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2008
davidif:

His people are just actors on the stage like every other ethnicity in the country or in the world and there is no "special" or "chosen" race, y'all just human beings like everybody else in the world. Nigerians are nigerians, and they are entitled to reside in any part of the country end of story. Here in yanki, we boast of our diversity and not that any ethnicity or culture is better than the other but all should be appreciated, in naija its the other way round. Can you imagine how the world would be if we were all one skin color and one culture, it would be extremely horrible and bland, God has taste and variety that's why we are not all homogenous.
word.
any man/woman that wants to start any tribal war,the war wud start and end in his household. cool
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by davidif: 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2008
@oziomatv
I apologize if i have disrespected you in anyway, its wrong for me to make comments like that no matter what, so once again i apologize.
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by ell77(f): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2008
davidif:

please oh don't insult Igbos! It is uncalled for.
@ell77
sorry if i offended you, i apologise.

How can you call someone are racist and then do worst?
@wendymanda
I wasn't trying to disrespect your folks in anyway, i just hate ethnocentrism and when some dude who is soooooo frustrated with life starts spewing hate, i decided to put him back in his place and tell he ain't so special at all and that he is just like every other human being in naija irrespective of ethnicity, so he should stop having that sense of entitlement or superiority to everyone else of a different ethnicity in naija. His people are just actors on the stage like every other ethnicity in the country or in the world and there is no "special" or "chosen" race, y'all just human beings like everybody else in the world. Nigerians are nigerians, and they are entitled to reside in any part of the country end of story. Here in yanki, we boast of our diversity and not that any ethnicity or culture is better than the other but all should be appreciated, in naija its the other way round. Can you imagine how the world would be if we were all one skin color and one culture, it would be extremely horrible and bland, God has taste and variety that's why we are not all homogenous.

Apology accepted. How's tricks?
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by davidif: 7:21am On Jan 04, 2008
How's tricks?

@ell77
who is tricks?
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by naijawebe(m): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2008
What exactly is our problem in this country. Igbo, Yoruba. The same old story and taking us back to 1966 civil war, now it will be ethnic cleansing. What a shame, never proud to be a Nigerian. 419 - The rush to be a millionaire, same igbo and yoruba. Do I get a flap for this, absolutely you bet. I am sick of your TRIBAL SENTIMENTS, and please get off it. It is high time we all see ourselves as just ONE NIGERIAN, and not a part of a whole. AWO and ZIK are gone, and please lets live life as normal human beings do in the civilized WORLD

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
MAKE PEACE AND LOVE, AND NOT WAR!!
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by oziomatv(m): 9:35am On Jan 04, 2008
davidif:

@oziomatv
I apologize if i have disrespected you in anyway, its wrong for me to make comments like that no matter what, so once again i apologize.
I accepted your apology and have no tendency of furthering any conflict with anyone whatsoever.
peace.
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by naijabuff: 4:03pm On Jan 13, 2008
OLYDIM

OGUN STATE IS DEFINITELY BETTER THAN ANY FREAKING IGBO STATE. THAT I CAN GUARANTEE U .

ALL U GOT IN THEM IGBO STATES ARE CRATER SIZED POTHOLES IN UR ROADS AND UNPLANNED RUNDOWN DISGRACE FOR CITIES.
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by Germannig: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2008
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by willy4: 7:04pm On Jan 14, 2008
I salute Lagos, grin cheesy.
Germanning dis your pictures fine well well,
Lagos bi like Dubai grin
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by osisi5: 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2008
The dead bodi pictures dey do my stomach kundum kundum.
I wan vomit

God help us in Naija
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by AloyEmeka9: 9:31am On Jun 04, 2009

What exactly is our problem in this country. Igbo, Yoruba. The same old story and taking us back to 1966 civil war, now it will be ethnic cleansing. What a shame, never proud to be a Nigerian. 419 - The rush to be a millionaire, same igbo and yoruba. Do I get a flap for this, absolutely you bet. I am sick of your TRIBAL SENTIMENTS, and please get off it. It is high time we all see ourselves as just ONE NIGERIAN, and not a part of a whole. AWO and ZIK are gone, and please lets live life as normal human beings do in the civilized WORLD
I wonder o
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by Dede1(m): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2009
@davidif

I could have called you names or use few choice words to qualify a jackass such as you but it will not guaranty dividends because you lacked what used to be known as common sense.

If Aba or Onitsha was declared capital of Nigeria and national resources were being lavished on either of the cities as the country did with Lagos since 1950s, Aba or Onitsha would have been better than Lagos in considerable phases of human endeavors.

Aba and Onitsha are not even state capitals yet they are the only cities in the jungle mentioned in some capacities with Lagos. As a city formerly known as nation’s and state’s capital, Lagos is a stereotype of failure and epitome of social malaise across the jungle.
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2009
[size=13pt]Topic:

Maybe Oooo undecided
[/size]
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by hackney(m): 10:55pm On Sep 16, 2009
once again it has turned to a tribe issue.

Anyway now, i think that In that country there are only 2 tribes:

Tribe 1  : The people stealing all the money.
tribe 2  : The  suffering masses.

chikena!!!

Come what may,there will only be those 2 tribes. The rest are here  dragging and killing themselves for zilch.

Una dey here dey drag while IBB and Nzeribe dey play golf for germany while OBJ and Abacha son dey watch.
Una dey crase for here. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by IYANGBALI: 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2009
@poster not until they become governor of lagos state would i agree with you dis is another stupid tribalistic thread on nairaland hisses and walks away
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by tamme: 7:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
;d
Re: Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? by madamL(f): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2009
All the fine houses in my area bu nke ndigbo. The other fine houses di na FESTAC bu kwa nke anyi. Igbo g'adi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hausa Women / What Is 'traditional' To The Igbo? | Gịnị Bụ Omẹnàlà Na Ányá Ńdí Ìgbò? / Nigerians Who Can't Pronounce Their names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.