Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade (7378 Views)

Independence Anniversary Expenditure For The Past 5 Years. - Nasir El-rufai / Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari / Why Femi Fani-kayode Is The Worst Politician - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by PHIPEX(m): 11:01pm On Nov 16, 2011
Several Awards have been organised by different groups in the country but it seems like one important area of our lives is being left out.
You are hereby implored in the interest of the nation to nominate your worst politician of all times in the country.

CONDITIONS

1. Such a politician must be alive at present.
2. He must have played active politics at the national stage.
3. You must avoid ethnic or religious bias.
4. State clearly what he did to deserve our prestigious award and possible induction into our DUMBEST POLITICIANS HALL OF FAME.

NOTE: The winner of this award must be given a national recognition by the Journalists in the house.
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Sunofgod(m): 11:04pm On Nov 16, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan:

Reason: He's just clueless, not his own man, weak, indecisive, a hypocrite, insincere, backward, out of his depth,etc

1 Like

Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by PHIPEX(m): 11:08pm On Nov 16, 2011
MY NOMINEE: Francis Arthur Nzeribe
PERFORMANCE:
1. In 1993,  Association for Better Nigeria (ABN), an association formed by Nzeribe succeeded, with the diabolical assistance of the military government in power at that time, to truncate irredeemably the transition programme of retired General Babangida

2.Nzeribe floated another association, Union of Democratically Elected Representatives of Nigeria, UDERN, which championed the call for Abacha’s self-succession, on the gratuitous assumption that Nigeria would turn upside down if Abacha did not succeed himself.

3. After tabling a motion for President Obasanjo’s impeachment, "the chameleon" has MONAC to work for the adoption of the incumbent president as the sole presidential candidate of the three inchoate political parties in 2003.

Ordinarily, I would have given it to OBJ but I believe this guy is a more genus than IBB.
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Sunofgod(m): 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2011
PHIPEX:

MY NOMINEE: Francis Arthur Nzeribe
PERFORMANCE:
1. In 1993,  Association for Better Nigeria (ABN), an association formed by Nzeribe succeeded, with the diabolical assistance of the military government in power at that time, to truncate irredeemably the transition programme of retired General Babangida

2.Nzeribe floated another association, Union of Democratically Elected Representatives of Nigeria, UDERN, which championed the call for Abacha’s self-succession, on the gratuitous assumption that Nigeria would turn upside down if Abacha did not succeed himself.

3. After tabling a motion for President Obasanjo’s impeachment, "the chameleon" has MONAC to work for the adoption of the incumbent president as the sole presidential candidate of the three inchoate political parties in 2003.

Ordinarily, I would have given it to OBJ but I believe this guy is a more genus than IBB.

Arthur Nzeribe is a living legend.

Yeah - he's done some bad things in his time but in politics he simply played the game of politics the only way Nigerians know how.

Abiola is gone - Nzeribe is alive - So tell me who came out on top between the two men?

When you have dinner with the devil (IBB), eat with a long spoon (Like Nzeribe). (Something Abiola failed to understand)
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Librate(m): 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2011
PRESIDENT BADLUCK FEAR CLUELESS JEROBOAM GCFR
RETARDEEN ORIGINAL
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 16, 2011
1 atiku. Reason  in the 2003 pdp presidential primaries almost all the governors where behind him but he allowed obj to run. Never out shine ur master. That was his political mistake.
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by VoodooDoll(m): 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2011
A list of worst politicians will have to include soldiers:

1) Buhari - couped a civilian administration out of power and wasn't "Man" enough to hold power long enough to achieve the aims of the coup that installed him;

2) IBB - couped Buhari, democratised corruption, destroyed Nigeria's middle class, stole billions and still dares to be involved;

3) David Mark - he still breathes and nurses presidential ambitions. This man is a big thief and his conduct is wrecking our senate and national assembly;

4) OBJ - reasons are obvious and too many to list; and

5) Atiku and Tinubu (tie) - big thieves that are quite smart and sharp but play to the gallery of their various ethnic groups to secure power and wealth for themselves.

=========

For GEJ to make the list for me, he must be relevant. But unfortunately he has been largely irrelevant for the almost two years he has been in power! - GCFR indeed!
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by PHIPEX(m): 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2011
ib55:

1 atiku. Reason in the 2003 pdp presidential primaries almost all the governors where behind him but he allowed obj to run. Never out shine your master. That was his political mistake.

In my opinion, this should be his personal blunder, is this gud enough for a national award?
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 17, 2011
In my opinion, this should be his personal blunder, is this gud enough for a national award?
[quote][/quote] yeah thats ur opinion! Its worst politician national award, so to me any politician that does not know when the time is ripe 4 him to take power then he does not belong in the game. Tel me during the last pdp primaries did u not listin 2 his speech, he was just rantin like a wounded dog. If he had taken up the opportunity he had in 2003 al this wil not happen.
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by BigMeat2: 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2011
1. Alao Akala - how he was voted to govern Oyo State is beyond my imagination, total waste of space during his time
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Koolking(m): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2011
GEJ:
He has never been a functional and proactive leader since when he was the deputy gov of bayelsa. He had no antecedent whatsover, and his facade illation preceded his integrity. Shamelessly, some people were lost in their tribal sentiments and won the day for him at the last poll, yet we are paying the price, Fresh Air indeed.
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by shadrach77: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2011
alao akala grin grin grin
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Goddex: 2:17pm On Nov 17, 2011
Muhammadu Buhari

Reason: Politics with bitterness
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by mickeyjag(m): 2:20pm On Nov 17, 2011
George Herbert Walker Bush and his evil sidekick, Tony B-liar.

Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
VoodooDoll:

A list of worst politicians will have to include soldiers:

1) Buhari - couped a civilian administration out of power and wasn't "Man" enough to hold power long enough to achieve the aims of the coup that installed him;

2) IBB - couped Buhari, democratised corruption, destroyed Nigeria's middle class, stole billions and still dares to be involved;

3) David Mark - he still breathes and nurses presidential ambitions.  This man is a big thief and his conduct is wrecking our senate and national assembly;

5) Atiku and Tinubu (tie) - big thieves that are quite smart and sharp but play to the gallery of their various ethnic groups to secure power and wealth for themselves.

=========

For GEJ to make the list for me, he must be relevant.  But unfortunately he has been largely irrelevant for the almost two years he has been in power! - GCFR indeed!

Thanks for you deep insight into what Nigeria has suffered. A slight adjustment.

1) IBB - couped Buhari, democratised institutionalised corruption, (altered the character of Nigeria forever) destroyed Nigeria's middle class, stole billions and still dares to be involved;

The patron saint of all things evil.(419). Banned 'old politicians' and paved the way for 'new breed'. (Igbinedion, Ibori etc). Created unviable states and governance structures that now consume us as recurrent expenditures. Did little or nothing to secure and plan critical infrastructure like electricity. Moved Nigeria a secular state in the Organisation of Islamic Conference a move that was the fore runner to sharia and should I say Boko Haram. I often wonder where Nigeria would be today if Shagari had retired this slowpoke as he had planned when he took office.

2) Buhari - couped a civilian administration out of power and wasn't "Man" enough to hold power long enough to achieve the aims of the coup that installed him;
3) David Mark - he still breathes and nurses presidential ambitions.  This man is a big thief and his conduct is wrecking our senate and national assembly;

Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by success4(m): 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2011
all!!!
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by seanet02: 2:29pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sun of god:

Arthur Nzeribe is a living legend.

Yeah - he's done some bad things in his time but in politics he simply played the game of politics the only way Nigerians know how.

Abiola is gone - Nzeribe is alive - So tell me who came out on top between the two men?

When you have dinner with the devil (IBB), eat with a long spoon (Like Nzeribe). (Something Abiola failed to understand)

That is an ibo man for you, Criminals and murderers are their role models. They worship and cherish criminals all their life. the same Nzeribe that sold weapons to kill ?
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by success4(m): 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2011
seanet02:

That is an ibo man for you, Criminals and murderers are their role models. They worship and cherish criminals all their life. the same Nzeribe that sold weapons to kill ?

[size=18pt]DON'T TURN THIS INTO TRIBAL WAR, PLEASE![/size]
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by daviesmania(m): 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2011
When it comes to the worst politician in this part of world, lets give a standing ovation to our dear senator. SEN. UDOMA UDO UDOMA. He's de worst thing that has ever happened to nigerian politics.
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Acidosis(m): 2:43pm On Nov 17, 2011
Gov. Ibrahim Idris.
Kogi state governor and he has been on sit for the past 9years. He's an illiterate (forged a law certificate in law from UNIABUJA) voted in by literates who were trained to be professional riggers by an occult group called PDP. He has no single achievement. Where he resides seems to be the worst state capital on earth. Dust everywhere, no airport, no seaport, nothing! That man should end up in prison!
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Okijajuju1(m): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2011
Timipre Silva - Threatening to Kill the President, His wife and his kids should he fail in his re-election bid.

Buhari - Sore loser and sponsor of Boko Haram
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by vic2011: 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
all these are rogues
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by success4(m): 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2011
Okija_juju:

Timipre Silva - Threatening to Kill the President, His wife and his kids should he fail in his re-election bid.

Evidence of your claim?
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by babyboy3(m): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2011
Reason: He's just clueless, not his own man, weak, indecisive, a hypocrite, insincere, backward, out of his depth,etc

Jonathan Goodluck makes Coco The Clown look more intelligent than Bill Gates
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by lincoln123: 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2011
Ebele Jonathan, He is too dull to think and make positive decision. All He knew is fuel subsidy
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by maki(f): 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2011
Peter Odili: Gov of Rivers State 1999 - 2007 - The worst Governor in the world and  Rivers State has ever gotten, he brought in Militancy and corruption to rivers state, stole our money too much without mercy
God knows how much i hate this man,  angry    angry
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by Kuulnomsy(m): 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2011
I will give it to IBB
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by texazzpete(m): 3:13pm On Nov 17, 2011
Okija_juju:

Ok, now we know for certain that you're a dunce.
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by mustspin: 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2011
Alao Akala, all he does is bleach and wear blings. moves around with fuji musician in his concoy undecided undecided undecided.
most annoying  mutherfocker i ever seen
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by ritux: 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]IBORI, UDUAGHAN, IBB[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by ritux: 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
IBORI, UDUAGHAN, IBB[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade by bisiaet: 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
Muhammadu Buhari

Reason: Politics with bitterness

Seconded!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

G7 Leaders List Top Corupt Nigerian Leaders / BreathTaking views from the beautiful city of Ibadan / Ortom Offers Scholarship To A Widow's 6 Kids Up To University Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.