Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,163 members, 7,780,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:13 AM

Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base (7321 Views)

Nigerian Telecom Subscriber Base On The Rise / MTN Subscriber Base Hits 183m, Creates 350,000 Jobs In Nigeria / Please Help: How Can I Download The GSM Subscriber Base On NCC Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Nobody: 4:08am On Nov 17, 2011
, As it celebrates 3rd anniversary
By BISI OLALEYE
Thursday, November 17, 2011

[b]The fastest growing telecommunication company, Etisalat Nigeria, yesterday, hits the 10 million subscriber base. Speaking in Lagos while brief the media on their newest advert campaign to chart the way forward for 2012, Chief Executive Officer of the company, Mr. Steven Evans, noted that the Etisalat brand, in the last three years, has become a premier brand. He said that was the reason it is projecting the country through its advert campaign.

While appreciating the media for its success story, Evans hinted that 10 million subscribers base is far below the target set by the company but will gradually get there.
According to him, Etisalat is poised on good quality network, innovation, focus on customers want and serving customers better than any mobile operators.
He stressed that Etisalat will continue to invest in 3.5 G network because it sees data as the next big frontier in the market. Noting that it plans to have extensive network coverage.

He disclosed the telcom company its base stations will reach 3,000 by end of 2011. Another thousand would be added in 2012 and 1,000 more before the end of 2013, he declared.
Evans stressed that coverage and quality is the philosophy adopted by Etisalat, explained, its estimated market share is between 12 – 13 per cent. He reiterated that Etisalat is about communication and has not changed its strategy and is still anchoring on quality network, innovation, delivering real value for money and listening to customers.[/b]

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/17/national-17-11-2011-010.html
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Chongaiman: 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2011
Though I may be included in their statistics, my Etisalat SIM has been dormant for quite a while. Why should I dash them N20 or N25 on a daily basis even when I make no calls? I prefer Airtel's strategy.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by success4(m): 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2011
what is this doing on FP? lipsrsealed
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 17, 2011
Nigeria has been sold
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2011
Na wa for the English for the article,
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2011
jerseyboy:

Nigeria has been sold
So we should patronize the useless and dead Glo network who offers cheap and crap services,   angry
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by TomFord: 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2011
Chongaiman:

Though I may be included in their statistics, my Etisalat SIM has been dormant for quite a while. Why should I dash them N20 or N25 on a daily basis even when I make no calls? I prefer Airtel's strategy.

What is airtel's strategy?
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Tolulop001(f): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2011
Chongaiman:

Airtel does the same by charging you N36 for the first minute, with all subsequent minutes at much cheaper rates.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
they r the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by silibaba: 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2011
i believe u ETIBABA
they remain the best for now

go etibaba go cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Kulas: 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2011
I have Etisalat,Mtn and Airtel,but i use my Airtel in making calls to all networks,the other two is just dormant.I only use them in receiving calls.Airtel's call rate to all network is very very cheap.I thank them for that for adding values to peoples life and i do encourage people to subscribe to Airtel.They have made calls so cheap for the masses.MTN has no good package for the masses.I started using MTN since 2001 till date, i never see any compensation or benefit anything from them.Two months ago,I bought Airtel and i m enjoying it.kudos to Airtel.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by vladimiros: 6:13pm On Nov 17, 2011
Nigeria has been sold

some nigerians would do anything to destroy a free market. you act like there are no other nigerian companies in this

then nigerians wonder why we would never be a top economy if our own nigerians act like "economic xenophobes"
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by vladimiros: 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2011
Nigeria has been sold

some nigerians would do anything to destroy a free market. you act like there are no other nigerian companies in this

then nigerians wonder why we would never be a top economy if our own nigerians act like "economic xenophobes"
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Lilnikee(m): 6:29pm On Nov 17, 2011
I like their services.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2011
Ijogz K:

So we should patronize the useless and dead Glo network who offers cheap and crap services,   angry

You're right. Glo is a BIG SHAME.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by honeric01(m): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2011
I use air tel, Etisalat and mtn

air-tel for calls

Etisalat for data

and mtn for show-glass (was formerly for data until Etisalat kicked them off the chart).

Etisalat is misbehaving too, if they refuse to give me my 30% bonus i am due since September and mtn ends up waking up, i am surely going to have them relegated.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by UyiIredia(m): 6:59pm On Nov 17, 2011
honeric01:

I use air tel, Etisalat and mtn

air-tel for calls

Etisalat for data

and mtn for show-glass (was formerly for data until Etisalat kicked them off the chart).

Etisalat is misbehaving too, if they refuse to give me my 30% bonus i am due since September and mtn ends up waking up, i am surely going to have them relegated.

I use none. I depend on Internet (Facebook & Google) for everything.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 17, 2011
vladimiros:

No sir. This is not a free market. These companies cannot make the kind of money in a free market. The market has too many barriers put in place by rigorous regulatory regime. This precludes open entry into markets.

http://reason.com/archives/2011/10/06/government-makes-us-poor
Listen to the audio
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by zone77(m): 7:09pm On Nov 17, 2011
kudos 2 etisalat,bt if they should stop their #200 for 15MB stuff,i wonder wat wil hapen cos dats wat mine serves.glo is d best 4 calls.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by honeric01(m): 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

I use none. I depend on Internet (Facebook & Google) for everything.

you use now and u depend on fb and google for everything?
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by gbogboti: 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2011
guys, for me, the best of all the networks in terms of pocket friendliness is AIRTEL. I have etisalat, mtn, glo and airtel. First minute of the day is 36box, any other minute to any network is @15box. ANOTHER SECRET is the recent CLUB 10. With Club 10, u would be given 10mb on the first 200box of any week, u can register 10 airtel numbers and call them @6box, send sms to them @1box per sms and 5box to other networks. You can call other ntwk @18box. Thats not all, u can dial *101# to migrate to club 10 to get ur 10mb which last 4 a week. And then migrate back to 2good(*446#) to call @15box after first minute of d day for 36box. No migration charges. If u want more details kall 141.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by doctokwus: 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2011
Chongaiman:

Tank u because its for dis same reason mine too has bn in limbo.Wen I tried de-subscribing to dat dat fraudulent scheme of theirs& ddnt succeed,I jst left dere line for dem.But am wishin dem d best sha,bc dey seem to b d one outfit to shake mtn
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:58pm On Nov 17, 2011
I still believe dem jor. Eti for life
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by asudan: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2011
It is a welcome development at least other network now know that consumers remains the king.Those against d N25 daily access fee,should know that other network offer similar charges apart from Glo infinito package.MTN 1st min cal for funlink reloaded and super save is N34.80/min or 58k/sec subsequent calls to mtn numbers 17k/sec or N10.20(super saver) 15k/sec or N9/min(funlink reloaded peak period ) other network 35k/sec or N21/min while airtel is N36/min or 60k/sec for 1st min whl subsequent min is 20k/sec to any network.Glo on the other hand charge 25k/sec or N15/min to any network with no access fee or 1st min cal @ 58k or 60k as being charged by respective network.ETISALAT keep it up after all you guys started the war must finish it.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by muyoto: 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2011
etisalat - best for data services only.

as for voice calls, airtel is the leader.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by daffur: 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2011
I have three etisalat line . They are dormant. My dogs will chew them for me later along with the sim packs. All these for that 10mil sub. Base lies on the FP.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by frenchman2: 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2011
gbogboti:

guys, for me, the best of all the networks in terms of pocket friendliness is AIRTEL. I have etisalat, mtn, glo and airtel. First minute of the day is 36box, any other minute to any network is @15box. ANOTHER SECRET is the recent CLUB 10. With Club 10, u would be given 10mb on the first 200box of any week, u can register 10 airtel numbers and call them @6box, send sms to them @1box per sms and 5box to other networks. You can call other ntwk @18box. Thats not all, u can dial *101# to migrate to club 10 to get your 10mb which last 4 a week. And then migrate back to 2good(*446#) to call @15box after first minute of d day for 36box. No migration charges. If u want more details kall 141.

You claim to use airtel, yet you don't know their charges.

to other networks is 12naira/min not 15
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by daffur: 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
I have three etisalat line . They are dormant. My dogs will chew them for me later along with the sim packs. All these for that 10mil sub. Base lies on the FP.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2011
Etisalat is doing really well. I wonder why i'm yet to subscribe.
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by afm4ever(m): 9:59pm On Nov 17, 2011
Any etisalet dey try they are good 4 Browsing the internet let them keep it up
Re: Etisalat Hits 10m Subscriber Base by Switup: 10:34pm On Nov 17, 2011
4 browsing? Etisalate shld top 1st pozition. 4 dier ads., 1st pozition bt as 2 dier 30percent discnt Its ZEROOOOOO/100 ITS NOT FOR REAL

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile / Just Imagine Dangote Received This Message From Glo. What An Insult! / (Fashion or Madness) see what lady wore to Red Carpet Totally Nude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.