Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,307 members, 7,780,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:46 PM

Who Discovered River Niger? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Discovered River Niger? (9317 Views)

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake / New Method Of Cheating In An Exam Hall Discovered / New Human Forms, Discovered In India. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Discovered River Niger? by MisterMan(m): 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2007
The teacher walks in.
Ko-ko-ko-ko. The class monitor knocks on the desk.
All stand, greet. The class monitor says. All the pupils stand.
Goooooood morning sir. We are happy to see you. God bless you and your family Amen
Good Morning children. Sit down.
He goes to the board.

CIVICS He wrote

Who discovered River Niger? Mungo Park

Who really discovered River Niger? We were taught while we were in primary school that Mungo Park 'discovered' River Niger. But is that really true? When you say somebody 'discover' something, he brought it to the knowledge of people and those people did not know the existence of that thing. It is like somebody telling me that the stream where my mother and grandmother fetched was 'discovered' yesterday by somebody resident in another village about 500 kilometers away. So those people in New Bussa, Lokoja, Jebba who fetched, cooked and washed from the river did not know that the river exists before Mungo Park came. What do you think?.
Re: Who Discovered River Niger? by Horlaarsco: 8:42pm On May 19, 2016
Korede Bello come explain

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help My Primary Two Sister With Answers To Quantitative Reasoning / Who Is To Be Blamed For Examination Malpractices In Nigeria? / See the Exam Question Paper given to Nursery students (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.