Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? (15310 Views)

Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing / Ipad 2 Versus Samsung Galaxy Tab / Advantages Of Desktop Computers Versus Laptops? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^

Based on what you heard
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
denzel2009:

HDMI and usb ports should I continue?

lol.

without an accessory.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by denzel2009: 10:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
kokoye:

lol.

without an accessory.
cool

1gb ram to 512 ram?

stereo sound to mono?

High def record 1080p to 720p

why do i have to close one app before launching another? gimmick by apple to say its smoother?

should I continue? grin
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by MuyiGL: 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
I personally believe a lot of people get the iPAD because of the hype. my opinion.

Don't forget that the iPad is the grand father of all of them. If the ipad was never invented, none of all this other pretenders would have come up
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^

I agree.

But that's not the point here.

All other tablets were built on the ipad innovation. FACT

But then, the Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 improved in the technology and features.

Apple's IOS and cloud were created to catch up with the Galaxy tab 10.1.

____

Your point is just like saying American cars should always be rated first just because they started it all. Even though the japanase learnt from them and have improved on it in every way - price, gas mileage, smoothness, etc,

Dont get me wrong. Both devices are very good in their own way. It all boils down to what you want.

I develop technical documentation for both devices and I meet with the designers regularly for updates. . . .so I am aware of the technologies.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2011
denzel2009:

cool

1gb ram to 512 ram?

stereo sound to mono?

High def record 1080p to 720p

why do i have to close one app before launching another? gimmick by apple to say its smoother?

should I continue? grin

Sorry, my earlier response was not meant for you.

But yea, the transformer has all of those.

But, you know, the name matters with a lot of people. ASUS . . .what's that?? wink cheesy

If it is not Apple, Samsung, Sony and maybe Motorola, a lot of people dont want to hear of it.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by denzel2009: 2:44am On Dec 02, 2011
kokoye:

Sorry, my earlier response was not meant for you.

But yea, the transformer has all of those.

But, you know, the name matters with a lot of people. ASUS . . .what's that?? wink cheesy

If it is not Apple, Samsung, Sony and maybe Motorola, a lot of people dont want to hear of it.

you meant a lot of Nigerians? wink cos Asus is well known and they produce quality products even for well known manufacturers.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by DonDiara(m): 3:18am On Dec 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

is it a cons of ipad that i cant chat with online friends on facebook ? I asked someone and he said ipad doesnt have flashplayer which is why it doesnt support live fb chat ? How true is this bros ?
I chat on FB with my ipad2. I love my ipad2, samsung is just a good copy-cat that won the heart of the people.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 02, 2011
Don Diara:

I chat on FB with my ipad2. I love my ipad2, samsung is just a good copy-cat that won the heart of the people.
I'm talking about livechat because mine wont even show those online.I have tried through ebuddy which disconnects everytime,safari isnt helpful neither is friendly for ipad which was pre-installed on it.Please how is it possible on your own and which application do you use ?
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by smithclark: 9:01am On Dec 02, 2011
The Universe Tab android mobile phone pill is always attached, light and portable and smart the best fit for individuals on the go in this electronic age. Its exceptional
clothes traders
boots distributors
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Akainzo(m): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2011
MuyiGL:

Don't forget that the iPad is the grand father of all of them. If the ipad was never invented, none of all this other pretenders would have come up

Sorry to bust your bubble. There were tablets before the iPad, there are even Windows XP tablets! grin Tbalets have been around for almost a decade now.
However, Apple did revolutionise the use and availability of tablets by making it consumer focussed.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by ziccoit: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2011
A JAILBREAK IPad ( mark my word ) is a billion times better than Samsung galaxy . But when not jailbreak, it is useless.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Akainzo(m): 9:13am On Dec 02, 2011
texazzpete:

Both devices have their pros and cons. However, i'll go with the iPad 2 over the Galaxy Tab. Much more apps are available for the iPad than on HoneyComb. Also, the iPad 2 has a far more powerful GPU so games can look more detailed on the iPad 2 than on the Tegra 2 powered Galaxy Tab 10.1
ALL devices have their pros and cons. The more powerful GPU of the iPad only makes a difference in graphiocs rendering for games, however, once you are in actuall productive applications, the more memory and native processor speed of the Galaxy tab would give it the edge.
BTW, out of the ove 500,000+ apps currently available for the iPad, how many have you actually installed?

texazzpete:

Flash support isn't that big a deal these days.
Spoken like a true Apple fanboy. To confirm that flash is not a big deal, next time you fire up your laptop/desktop, turn off flash or uninstall flash and then come back and make the statement after a week.

texazzpete:

Bridge is slow, the so-called 'true multitasking' is overrated and there are very few decent apps on the Blackberry Playbook.
Hmmm, bridge might be slower than the actual 3G speed, however waiting 2 seconds more for is not a deal breaker for me. Don't forget I do have to keep the extra bucks you have pay to get internet onto the iPad
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by GChux1: 9:16am On Dec 02, 2011
Saying that Samsung copied from Apple is false unlike the way the lawsuits portray. Apple is just using their American power to thwart Samsung's sales because their products are more superior than iPads. They all picked ideas from each other in an attepmt to do better. That is like saying the first company that first produced lcd tvs should sue al other companies that now produce different sorts of lcd tvs for patent theft. Samsung GT is the clear winner. Love them Koreans.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by dastudent(m): 9:39am On Dec 02, 2011
Someone here said ipad 2 runs on ios 4.3 and i am like WTF and rolling my eyes.

I read books which i don't have to purchase in the itunes store,watch movies on AVPLAYER HD that can play any format.

My IPAD is wireless so i use a myfi modem which is far better that a sim card if you ask me.

If you are interested in an android device,you are better off with a sony tablet in terms of design and graphics.

If a device works well,performs all the tasks i need it to perform and it's durable,i really don't care where it comes from or who manufactured it.

People keep shouting Apple did not innovate blah blah blah, but the truth is that if apple did not release the iphone or the Ipad.We all would still be stuck with crap-ware and all the samsung and co of this world would claim there is no such Technology and we still would be stuck with stylus pens and low end java products.

I also agree that apple is annoyingly limiting but their products work well.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 02, 2011
Never used a Sam galaxy before so have no idea.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by DonDiara(m): 10:55am On Dec 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I'm talking about livechat because mine wont even show those online.I have tried through ebuddy which disconnects everytime,safari isnt helpful neither is friendly for ipad which was pre-installed on it.Please how is it possible on your own and which application do you use ?
All you need to do is download Facebook application for your iPad, version 4.0.2. Enjoy.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by icez: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2011
Taking notes. grin
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by benabbey(m): 1:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
Where is WIFI in Nigeria
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2011
benabbey:

Where is WIFI in Nigeria
In my house,, LOL.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by benabbey(m): 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
So don't buy a WIFI Ipad or else you will take it to linux house to operate
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by PastorOla1: 3:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ma iPad 2 is fantastic!Y
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 02, 2011
" I will spend my last dying breath if I need to and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong, I'm going to destroy Android, because its a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this" - Steve Jobs.

I guess the war to destroy android is well on course,, introduction of Siri,will see to complete death of google in due time.
Samsung galaxy will be next,, but I don't know how they ll go about that,

It's a war,, and we, the users are the coveted bride, For me, it's my iPad all d way, it serves me for now.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^

Siri is crap.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by dastudent(m): 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
benabbey:

So don't buy a WIFI Ipad or else you will take it to linux house to operate

Buy a mobile aura and  or mtn myfi modem you wouldn't need the gsm version of all this devices.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by plahtnaum: 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
A lot of people have made comments, whether or not the comments were well informed is another topic.

I should however say that. Apple's iOS was not made in response to Samsung's Galaxy Tab. The iOS has been here way before Samsung started 'copying' (as people claim) the iPad.

Secondly, the iPad, some iPhones and iPods stopped running on iOS 4.3 like 2 decades ago grin. iOS 5 (and the cloud if you please) makes a lot of sense. And you do not have to close an app before opening or using another, you can simply swipe between the apps.

Nuff said.

You use what you choose. There is no point downgrading another man's choice.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by opad(m): 12:42am On Dec 03, 2011
Still selling this Samsung Galaxy S2.
Call 07037458415

Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by opad(m): 12:48am On Dec 03, 2011
Still selling this Samsung Galaxy S2 FOR N82,000
Call 07037458415

Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by EPOMA(m): 3:29am On Dec 03, 2011
denzel2009:

you meant a lot of Nigerians? wink cos Asus is well known and they produce quality products even for well known manufacturers.

I wanted to comment on Asus but you did before me, Having worked for Dell is only when I came to find out that Asus produces for most of the big names
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by nevosys(m): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2011
Galaxy TAB is the best, the first thing i tried doing with my IPAD2 was to attach an image to a facebook page. the attach photo icon was disabled and the only option i have was to email the photos to my facebook page.
There are other important features missing on the ipad.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by 1k001(m): 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
I use a sony tablet s and it's fab. Great design, several usp's dlna being one of them and the awesome open OS that is android. All in all a great product. Ipad cant serve my purposes, how does one browse the web without flash! Apple fanboys go shout but truth is the os progress is limited by apple. Fine for some but not me. Android all the way, open open open! sony be grandpapa for electronics, tthey usually dont go far wrong. Havent used the galaxy tab so cant comment specifically
on it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Recharge Card Software.download & Test It Now Free! Season Greetings / More Cores Or More RAM, Which Is More Important? / 10 Reasons Not To Buy An Ipad (students)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.