Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:06 PM

Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? (3557 Views)

N500Billion For The Poor In 2016 Budget Retained By Lawmakers (photo) / We Are Planning For Nigeria's Poor In 2016 Budget ' VP Osinbajo / Unpaid Wages: Brutalizing The Poor In Osun State - (Sahara Reporters) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Domwiz4all(m): 2:40am On Nov 18, 2011
Why is it that these
judges dont
sentanced any of the
goverment and
political power to jail
even for one day for
stealing billions of
dollars but they easily
jailed the poor for
stealing a sachet of
pure water,cell phone,carton of indomie,etc
I could not help but conclude that the law is meant for
the poor in Nigeria. Fellow nairalanders wat do u tink?
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by BlackLibya: 2:41am On Nov 18, 2011
the law was originally created to enable the british to do business more efficiently in nigeria. So, no the law is not meant to serve u.
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Jenifa1: 2:44am On Nov 18, 2011
You just figured that out? grin
Congrats on your enlightenment.

besides breaking the rules and getting away with it, the rich and powerful can also change the rules and laws anytime to suit their needs.

like they say:
laws are for the masses, rights are for the elite.

know your rights and don't get mugu-ed.
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Domwiz4all(m): 2:47am On Nov 18, 2011
BlackLibya:

the law was originally created to enable the british to do business more efficiently in nigeria. So, no the law is not meant to serve u.
so wat now happen? I mean wat brought abt d change
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by BlackLibya: 2:50am On Nov 18, 2011
what change? It was never meant for you. The law was created to punish you, and to enable the british to do business more efficiently by providing a quick remedy that they found acceptable to various african problems.

The system is doing what it has been designed to do, punish the africans who rebel against it.

1 Like

Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Jenifa1: 3:09am On Nov 18, 2011
Domwiz4all:

so wat now happen? I mean wat brought abt d change

don't listen to blacklibya. he's out of his mind. lol
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by BlackLibya: 3:27am On Nov 18, 2011
don't listen to blacklibya. he's out of his mind. lol

so then what was the law invented for? Who brought the law?
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Domwiz4all(m): 5:33am On Nov 18, 2011
BlackLibya:

so then what was the law invented for? Who brought the law?
d law was original meant 4every body.(both d rich n poor) but as Jenifa has rightly said: d rich not oly violet d law n go free but can also change d it 2suit dem.

1 Like

Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by okosodo: 6:48am On Nov 18, 2011
That is the definition of the term NIGERIA
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Domwiz4all(m): 9:23am On Nov 18, 2011
okosodo:

That is the definition of the term NIGERIA
cheesy
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by scopusng(m): 9:53am On Nov 18, 2011
Good as a rich man I am happy.
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by k2kay(m): 10:07am On Nov 18, 2011
A revolution is long over-due in this country, at times i feel they have the common man under some sort of mind control device or something to keep us mute abi na juju?

1 Like

Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by doctokwus: 10:33am On Nov 18, 2011
I am surprised s/body is asking.Ofcourse rules are meant for d poor only in nigeria;dats why some nigerians can go to any length to b rich;see question

1 Like

Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by cbjonstage(m): 10:58am On Nov 18, 2011
laws in nigeria are structured to create a hitch-free unlawful activities for highly placed pple in the society, it has become a thing of bailing and apologies for a particular class of people in Nigeria to go unpunished
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 18, 2011
rules are meant for the poor EVERYWHERE in the world, dont get it twisted!
if you have money and good lawyers behind you, you can bend the rules ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Domwiz4all(m): 11:59am On Nov 18, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

rules are meant for the poor EVERYWHERE in the world, dont get it twisted!
if you have money and good lawyers behind you, you can bend the rules ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!

was Michael Jackson's Lawyer not rich? Yet he was found guilty of murder.4how long now has Al-Mustafa bin on trial 4d murder of kudirat?
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2011
Domwiz4all:

was Michael Jackson's Lawyer not rich? Yet he was found guilty of murder.4how long now has Al-Mustafa bin on trial 4d murder of kudirat?
Michael Jackson's Lawyer
Abeg gist me. Wetin the guy do?
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2011
Domwiz4all:

bro, why talk of poor MJ's lawyer while disregarding the main guy: wasnt MJ sukcing all these kids? did he ever spent a night in jail from TWO SEPARATE prosecution? didnt OJ kill his wife and lover? was he ever found guilty of THAT crime? the minute he started being poor, thats when he ended up in jail for some DIFFERENT crime. look at DSK's case, raped a woman and yet will never be punish for it. if you drink and drive and get caught you will probably end up in jail but many rich people are caught multiple times and dont spend a day in jail. those who do are the ones who are not willing to "pay". check the case of Lindsey Lohan to understand how the law is only meant for the poor. when rich are punished, they do significant less jail time as the poor. abeg open your eyes!!!

although in the west it is "less obvious", it happens on a daily basis!

money will always get you a BETTER DEAL than someone who aint got any.

1 Like

Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Domwiz4all(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2011
Zeddicus:

Michael Jackson's Lawyer
Abeg gist me. Wetin the guy do?
he was found guilty of killin Michael Jackson n wil be sentenced any moment. U beta go buy small transistor radio de hear international news o grin
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by BlackLibya: 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2011
wasnt MJ sukcing all these kids? did he ever spent a night in jail from TWO SEPARATE prosecution?

He was acquitted. In the first case various people were paid to give media interviews(which influence public opinion) many of these stories were found to be false, including the jesus juice story. The settlement was reached to make the case go away, as MJ was promoting his albums. The second case the mother was accused of forcing the child to lie, it was later found she was dishonest and that's why the case was thrown out. The mother was just trying to get money.

Thanks for trying to sully a man's name before doing research.
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by mustspin: 3:37pm On Nov 18, 2011
Domwiz4all:

MJ's lawyer abi Doctor? na wah for u o angry angry angry angry
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Domwiz4all(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2011
I beg ur pardon, i min 2say MJ's Doctor. Thanks 4ur correction
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2011
Domwiz4all:

he was found guilty of killin Michael Jackson n wil be sentenced any moment. U beta go buy small transistor radio de hear international news o grin
Domwiz4all:

I beg your pardon, i min 2say MJ's Doctor. Thanks 4ur correction
LWKM. You see say u need transistor TV?? Exactly what i wanted to prove.
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Jenifa1: 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2011
Domwiz4all:

I beg your pardon, i min 2say MJ's Doctor. Thanks 4ur correction

a rich man can be punished if he offends a richer man's family.  wink
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2011
@blacklybia
you proved my point! if the guy was poor he would have rot in jail but since he was RICH, he could buy his way out of this mess. i am sorry but we can all say what we want about this issue but facts remain: ONE KID it could be a mistake, TWO KIDS you are a pedo. . . . . . . . . . especially if that same rich guy finds absolutely nothing wrong with a 50yr old man sleeping with little boys. if thats what he liked so much then he should have used HIS own kids!
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by manmustwac(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2011
k2kay:

A revolution is long over-due in this country, at times i feel they have the common man under some sort of mind control device or something to keep us mute abi na juju?
YES! You can't see the problem because you and the masses are the problem. You are being fed with sweet opium which is fed to you and the masses by your pastors whenever you visit your church. As long as you and the masses continue to enjoy the sweet opium and wait for Jesus to come down from heaven Nigeria will never ever progress.
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Domwiz4all(m): 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2011
Zeddicus:

LWKM. You see say u need transistor TV?? Exactly what i wanted to prove.
grin grin grin
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2011
@mammustwac
ALLELUJAH!!!!!!

Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Ahmadex(m): 11:05pm On Nov 18, 2011
Don't let us fool ourself. The answer to this question is "who are those that make this law. THE RICH or THE POOR?"
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2011
manmustwac:

YES! You can't see the problem because you and the masses are the problem. You are being fed with sweet opium which is fed to you and the masses by your pastors whenever you visit your church. As long as you and the masses continue to enjoy the sweet opium and wait for Jesus to come down from heaven Nigeria will never ever progress.

grin grin grin
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by Domwiz4all(m): 12:26am On Nov 19, 2011
Ahmadex:

Don't let us fool ourself. The answer to this question is "who are those that make this law. THE RICH or THE POOR?"
THE RICH. shocked
Re: Are Rules Meant For The Poor In Nigeria? by ayex0001: 11:00am On Nov 19, 2011
Get free downloading codes, how to generate recharge card nombas, how to hack and crack, how to be a real programmer in minutes, secrets and the legit ways of making online all on
www . naijatechzone . com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lots Of Evil Are Happening This Days, Please Read This And Share I Beg You / VIDEO: Drunk Lady Pass-out While Her Car Is Still Moving (very Scary) / God's Warning To America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.