Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Do You Love to Swim? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Love to Swim? (6874 Views)

Poll: Can you swim?

Yes: 70% (44 votes)
No: 29% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Are Most Nigerians Able To Swim? / British Woman Dies Trying To Swim Across English Channel For Charity / What Do You Love Most About Viewing Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Love to Swim? by wham(m): 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2007
Do you love to swim? Or wade in water?

How fast can you swim?

How deep can you swim? How long do you stay in water?

Have you ever nearly drowned?

Have you had any encounter with mami-water/mermaid while swimming in a river?

Do you want to learn?

Anything about swimming.

Re: Do You Love to Swim? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 4:32am On Oct 07, 2007
I will love to swim but after my worst experience in 2003 summer when I visited Naija almost drowned at alpha in the damn beach).  I hate going close to deep water or near water in general only when taking shower or bath, but i won't mind learning how to swim again becos that is the only way to over come my fear
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by wham(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2007
@MoOdyLaDy

Did u know how to swim then in 2003? If you did, How come You have to learn it again? It comes instinctively. Maybe all u need is a few mins back in a pool.

I nearly got drowned in a river in my mums village in 1998 (apparently, I had heard the river was forbiden to swim in but I was stubborn). Then I didnt even know nothing about swimming.
Struggling in the water only made my drown faster. I had to engage my feet in a rhythmical way as i had watched in movies to keep mi self afloat. I'll never forget that day.

One of the small play-rafts that we were playing with then drifted towards me and I clung unto it. It drifted to the river bank and I was safe.

I thank God for saving my life. I swore to learn to swim that day. My elder brother was a frustrating teacher but I know how to swim now. I still want to learn more skills.
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2007
wham:

@MoOdyLaDy

Did u know how to swim then in 2003? If you did, How come You have to learn it again? It comes instinctively. Maybe all u need is a few mins back in a pool.

I nearly got drowned in a river in my mums village in 1998 (apparently, I had heard the river was forbiden to swim in but I was stubborn). Then I didnt even know nothing about swimming.
Struggling in the water only made my drown faster. I had to engage my feet in a rhythmical way as i had watched in movies to keep mi self afloat. I'll never forget that day.

One the small play-rafts that we were playing with then drifted towards me and I clung unto it. It drifted to the river bank and I was safe.

I thank God for saving my life. I swore to learn to swim that day. My elder brother was a frustrating teacher but I know how to swim now. I still want to learn more skills.
Well i didn't really know how to swim jare, but i was trying oh sad, the whole thing happpened so fast, it felt like a dream grin grin grin

Na wa for you oh, you heard it was forbidden to swim there and you did grin grin grin, you don't love yourself at all but thank God u are alive sha
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by iice(f): 2:16am On Oct 10, 2007
@Topic. . .yup! One of my favorite things to do
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by ikamefa(f): 2:32am On Oct 10, 2007
wham:

Do u love to swim? Or wade in water?

yes! but cant swim to save me life embarassed embarassed embarassed wade/splash around in shallow water yes cheesy

wham:

How fast can u swim?

0km/h grin

wham:

?

How deep can u swim? How long do u stay in water?

deep? its gotta be shallow water embarassed stay? all day oh especially on a sunny day grin

wham:

Have u ever nearly drowned?

never i no dey find trouble oh! sit by the edge of a pool jeje or the shallow end grin

wham:

Have u had any encounter with mami-water/mermaid while swimming in a river?

erhmmmmmmmmmm! prolly i been see one fine fine fish -gal like dat one day like dat " grin "

wham:

Do u want to learn?

yes oh! but aint gat the time jare! cheesy
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by iice(f): 2:49am On Oct 10, 2007
twinny " grin"""""" grin""
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by oluyele(f): 11:16am On Oct 10, 2007
@Wham

I love to swim!!! I may be big but i learned to swim when i was small and very thin grin

I prefer streams that are quite deep or the swimming pool. but the ocean?? God forbid!!!!!

Cheers

Oluyele
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by wham(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2007
@MoOdyLaDy
Don't mind my stubborness then. I was being too adventurous.

@ikamefa
Do u know that ladies have a better chance to stay afloat in water cos their bodies are less dense. They are made up of more fatty tissue than men. i had a young friend who could float on water facing down for abt 30 secs without even wading her arms or feet (Lying still).
U can learn sis. Its not too hard. U most not become a fish o! But just find time to learn .

Swimming is a very good exercise. It tones almost all ur body muscles including small ones. Its a good exercise 4 weight, and shaping too. Its good 4 relaxation too.

Find some time during ur week ends. But pls, never go to the pool alone and always watch urselves when u swim. Keep an eye on urselves. Dont exceed ur depth level.

@oluyele
How are u doing?
Keep up the swimming. Its good for ur body and ur health.

Maybe we could chat one-on-one someday

Cheers!
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by mekoyo(m): 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2007
I really need to learn to swim well. I almost got drown in 1993 when i travelled to mny state. But i try to swim most times although not in high density water.
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by jintujinta(m): 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2007
Of course, i love to swim. I try to. But i dont know wether to say i know how to swim or not. I can dive into a swimming pool and swim from one end to the other, but i dare not stop in the middle. I cant float. And most of the time, i swim under water. Dive in glide under and burst out at the other end. Occassionally, i burst out to see how far i am from the other end.
The whole thing is funny. I think fear has been hindering me from floating on one spot.

I can never try swimimg at any beach!
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by oyinyechi(f): 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2007
I have never tried it before. Am scared of swiming, but would want 2 overcome this fear and love 2 swim.
Sugestions please.
udo_okem@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by yimiton(f): 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2007
Swimming is my favourite game it's so cool, before tennis which I equally love.
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by romeo(m): 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2007
i think somebody is going to teach me to swim here
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by freelancer(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2007
I don't really like swimming. I had to learn it while at the Uni as it was compulsory for my course. But, i guess i prefer other things. Maybe someday it might be different!
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by wham(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2007
I'm not an expert myself, but the passion is there. and I can give a good number of tips
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by oluyele(f): 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2007
@Wham

Thanks for the advice man. How come u always have fascinating topics to put on the boards?? i'm always looking for what to contribute but always too busy to have time to put in my own topic. keep up the good work man and yes i would like to chat one on one with you.

Time n place man, I'm ready

Cheers.

Know any clean pools i could go to and please do not mention the big hotels, they always have human gobblers (MEN) who use the opportunity to gobble women (YUK!!!)

Thanks Man.
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by 1forall: 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2007
course I do, but not nearly as good as I would love to, swimming is fun!
I believe I'll learn more and new skills if I had a swim partner with just a little drive
anyone up for that?
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by mekoyo(m): 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2007
Can someone start the lecture on swiming please
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by 1forall: 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2007
Ok but please note
lectures without practice = useless
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by iice(f): 5:48pm On Oct 10, 2007
yimiton kindda like me! grin grin But i left the tennis thing, a bit too stressful for me. . .swimming is just kiss kiss kiss BTW i am a piscean - go figure! grin
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by kaypinchi(m): 6:59pm On Oct 10, 2007
Yeah!
I love to swim. But have been too busy lately to do that and the weather has hasn't helped too.
Looking for Tennis partners though?
Anyone?
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 9:47pm On Oct 10, 2007
@wham

@MoOdyLaDy
Don't mind my stubborness then. I was being too adventurous.
ahaha adventurous shocked shocked what u did was very dangerous oh grin grin, well am going to the beach again this year during xmas when i get to Naija but i will not be getting close to the water sha
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by opensource(m): 9:50pm On Oct 10, 2007
I learnt swiming while schooling at Ibadan and perfecting on it now.

Haven't been on water for long becos after i left Ibadan 3 yrs ago over here in lagos , they are no pools around me.

But its quite fun expecially when you know how to do it
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by kaydee(m): 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2007
If u wanna learn how to swim, i'll teach any gurl 4 free grin grin grin
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by minto(m): 2:54am On Oct 11, 2007
Of course I love to swim and I always do but only in my bath tub. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 3:20am On Oct 11, 2007
lol u are so silly cheesy cheesy, i guess that makes u 4ft lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by knzguru(m): 5:07am On Oct 11, 2007
LOVE to swim but there's hardly ever time to. Except you have a pool at home, its an expensive hobby.

STAY WAY FROM VERY PUBLIC POOLS!!!
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by iice(f): 5:31am On Oct 11, 2007
If you stay in Lag, there are numerous beaches there. . .
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by oyie(f): 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2007
yes,i love swimming espec. if its a sunny day.hmmm

yeah,i sure can swim but only wit a tube around me! grin cheesy wink
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by babasin(m): 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2007
Swimming is good but Lagos Beaches are very dangerous.

You need to be a good swimmer.

why not try sheraton or Eko hotel? Nice pool.

Durbar aslo good but full of people; hygiene could be a prob.
Re: Do You Love to Swim? by TrueTalk3: 8:53pm On Oct 11, 2007
Hey nice thread!

I love to a swim! Infact went swimming today & will definitely go tommorow(do dat like every other week-end).

I know some public/unknown/secluded/guest-house swimming pool; where I go every sunny weekend/holidays. More often than not, I'm the only one there. On crowdy days we r about 3 pple. Wouldnt disclose here sha; otherwise d place will become public/crowded! tongue

But all in all swimming is fun and fantastic! I learnt in this pool, & now I can claim to be able to do all the basics in swimming. Though I keep learning new skills and moves everytime.

@Wham, wont mind us hooking up! Still got a few tricks to learn

1st step in Swimming Lesson; be relaxed and at peace in the water wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester United 1 - 0 Sheffield --- WATCH HIGHLIGHT / How Onitsha Born Francis Obikwelu Became Cristiano Ronaldo Best Friend (pics) / CAF Champions League: Rivers United win first-Leg Against Yanga SC of Tanzania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.