Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? (7477 Views)

PHOTOS: Guy Proposes Marriage To His Girlfriend Despite Her Face Was Disfigured / Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love? / Definition Of Marriage To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Grizzly(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2006
This Question goes out to the boys and men, and although it sounds ridiculous and scary, I want to know what you'll do if a girl steps up to you and tells you she wants to marry you. lipsrsealed
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2006
that seems ridiculous shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by mamaput(f): 6:57pm On Mar 14, 2006
say yes or no . so that she will know what to do
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2006
cheesy cheesy cuul mamaput cheesy cheesy cheesy it's a no
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2006
mamaput, what do you say for yourself too cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Hotstepper(f): 7:15pm On Mar 14, 2006
how is it ridiculous? is it because it is socially constructed just like how bad ppl say it is when a girl ask a guy out, simple, YES OR NO, she might have a reason, maybe da guy is nervous or da gurl wants to know if she is wasting her time tongue
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by mamaput(f): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2006
A girl will stay (to try later) or go or trap the man with a baby .
If am a man i will run and buy my condom or make sure she is taking her pill
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Grizzly(m): 7:52pm On Mar 14, 2006
Did i ask u girls?? angry Haba! well anyway, y'all free to say wut u got on yo minds. grin Where tha boyz @?
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by nawah(f): 10:40pm On Mar 14, 2006
I am not a man but I have to add my own.
I think it is absolutely okay to do that. As a woman you definitely have to make it clear to a man that you are only interested in a relationship that has prospects. And if the man takes too long, then you have to make the first move.
As for me. I proposed to my husband the first day I met him and that is no joke.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Seun(m): 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2006
It's not a problem as long as I am not obligated to say "yes". Such a thing can happen when the man is so shy that the girl just has to take the initiative. Women propose marriage all the time, they just don't do it directly or formally. "When are you going to ask me to marry you?" and "do you see this relationship leading to marriage?" are indirect ways of proposing.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2006
Grizzly:

Did i ask u girls?? angry Haba! well anyway, y'all free to say wut u got on yo minds. grin Where tha boyz @?
angry angry angry
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by IAH(f): 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2006
This extremely hot model in UK, Jordan proposed marriage to her husband. She actually asked him outright. But that's oyinbo, it's kinda awkward for Nigerian girl o. embarassed
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Grizzly(m): 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2006
Hey Rhod, we aint fighting lol wut u looking at me like that for? lol
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Badman888(m): 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2006
Thats weired, the guy cant say know like that but would be embarrased.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:29pm On Mar 14, 2006
Grizzly:

Hey Rhod, we aint fighting cheesy wut u looking at me like that for? cheesy
you always do that remember? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by nawah(f): 11:32pm On Mar 14, 2006
WEll my husband was about finishing his post studies and would have had no more permit to stay in the country, that was why I made the proposal to him. It was to be a marriage only on paper wink
My husband took some weeks to answer me, he told me that if I was not ready to marry him with body and soul he was not interested.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by larger20(m): 12:52am On Mar 15, 2006
nawah:

WEll my husband was about finishing his post studies and would have had no more permit to stay in the country, that was why I made the proposal to him. It was to be a marriage only on paper wink
My husband took some weeks to answer me, he told me that if I was not ready to marry him with body and soul he was not interested.

Does it mean ur marriage with him is not for real? Are u nigerian or german?
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by toshmann(m): 12:58am On Mar 15, 2006
mamaput:

say yes or no . so that she will know what to do

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy mamaput nawa o grin grin grin grin
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Seun(m): 1:34am On Mar 15, 2006
Does it mean your marriage with him is not for real? Are u nigerian or german?

If you read her posts, you'll discover that she appreciates him very much as a husband. The marriage is real.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by princeonx: 3:30am On Mar 15, 2006
what if? well, lets wait till then!
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by shsonline(m): 5:14am On Mar 15, 2006
Sam here in the US,

Unheard of, if it ever did happen, it would probably be received with a no, unless the girl was some sort of celebrity or something. It's just not normal tradition, at least not here in the States. Is it any different there?
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Idekeson(m): 6:03am On Mar 15, 2006
It screams desperation!
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by CalabarMan(m): 7:13am On Mar 15, 2006
I have been asked before by a girl whom I considered a close freind. We weren't even sleeping together as I had just ended a long 3 year relationship and needed some breathing space to recuperate. We were working together in the same organisation and used to go for lunch together, during one of those lunch breaks she was unusually quiet and after a while she asked "Are you going to marry me", I was shocked and speechless for a while as I wasn't expecting it but I recovered quickly and ,
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by ono(m): 9:23am On Mar 15, 2006
@ Nawah, I'm collating facts about you. Remember the divorce thread?

I'm not stalking you. But I've been reading your entries on so many family issues. I will draw a line later.

No harm intended. Cheers.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by nawah(f): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2006
I am a German only on Paper wink .
I am a very proud Nigerian and my stay away from Nigeria has only made me love Nigeria the more. When you see how our brothers are being treated in Europe before they can get their stay .So sad.
I offered to help my husband because he was the oldest child from over 20 siblings and his parents had died long ago. All the family burden was on him.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by mamaput(f): 9:37am On Mar 15, 2006
A be na police you be @ ono
so if nawah step down from plan you go come put her in front of Shari court.
Ho sorry na Christin you be
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by ono(m): 9:56am On Mar 15, 2006
@mamaput, actually, my Pa was a police officer. No be small thing o, I spent a bit of my childhood days in the barracks.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by mamaput(f): 10:06am On Mar 15, 2006
No wounder
anyway i was me that asked my husband "so when are we getting married"
I was me that told him I want to be married be4 the baby comes .
On christmas day he gave me the ring in march we got married.
Ten years later it was me that ended it all. I told him "no do no can do so please go"

1 Like

Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Grizzly(m): 10:12am On Mar 15, 2006
@ mamaput, so u proposed and disposed eh?? thats cool. no big deal wink
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by Fluffy(f): 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2006
I think it's weird for a woman to ask a man to marry her.

Will she pay lobola for the man, buy his suit and do the things men have to do, way toooo crazy? shocked

I would never ask.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by kimba(m): 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2006
EH, if a girl proposes, whats wrong with that.

I will conclude that anyone(male/female) who would see a situation where a girl proposes to a guy as strange, is definitely in the stone age.

You know, some guys are extra "meek" nowadays. So i believe if a lady sees what she likes, cmon girl, go get it.
Re: What If A Girl Proposes Marriage To You? by kimba(m): 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2006
EH, if a girl proposes, whats wrong with that.

I will conclude that anyone(male/female) who would see a situation where a girl proposes to a guy as strange, is definitely in the stone age.

You know, some guys are extra "meek" nowadays. So i believe if a lady sees what she likes, cmon girl, go get it.

Yes, there are many fishes in the sea, but there is no other fish exactly like the one you want to catch, so rather than settling for something less/other than what you want, you better open your mouth and propose, abi ladies, what du u think, but not to directly on the other hand o, because a guy thats too shy to say "I love you", even if you know he really does, and by the time you say, , "are you thinking of marrying me", he might be too scared to jump out of his skin, so ladies, you should find some lady-like-extra-sweet-and-caring-salted-and-peppered way of putting it to him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moving To Separate Rooms After Many Years Of Marriage / How Can I Get Mtn "yello Christmas" Song? / 7 Things Guys Must Have Before They Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.