Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures (129225 Views)

Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Traditional Edo Attire In Pictures / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 2:16am On Nov 19, 2011
Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 2:32am On Nov 19, 2011
trad attire

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 2:45am On Nov 19, 2011
trad attire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Sweetnecta: 2:51am On Nov 19, 2011
sisi, i can accept everything, except that fidora hat. its not african tradition, but something of the europeans. the ijaws need to drop that hat thingy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by lailaiwala: 2:58am On Nov 19, 2011
theres something terribly wrong with all these. makes my skin crawl.

all of it is way too european. i know ijos were fishermen.  the pics you're posting and attempting to pass of as traditional makes it look like they walked around unclad until the europeans came. other than the coral beads, everything else is freaky. the bowler hat, the colorful faggy hats, the black and gold robe in your 2nd post - alls gotta go! the walking sticks too. grin

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by tpia5: 3:06am On Nov 19, 2011
i think some of the attires are new inventions, or recently introduced.

as per the bowler hats- a legacy of colonial times i believe.

or liberian or something?
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by tpia5: 3:07am On Nov 19, 2011
which ijaws are these?

some of them look yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 3:23am On Nov 19, 2011
female trad attire

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:40am On Nov 19, 2011
Ijaw chic, do you now believe Ijaws are uncertain about their origin!! Look at the joke you are posting here in your effort to promote a culture that never existed!! Later now you will have the temerity to come open you mouth where the children of the great Igbo nation are having conversation!! pants get size.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Crayola1: 3:56am On Nov 19, 2011
Christ, leave the girl alone.
I like the outfits, they look snazzy cool
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 6:58am On Nov 19, 2011
oIjaw trad

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Abagworo(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2011
I've seen pictures of some people I know.

tpia@:

which ijaws are these?

Thought we have all grown past this stereo typing.

lailaiwala:

t.  the pics you're posting and attempting to pass of as traditional makes it look like they walked around unclad until the europeans came. other than the coral beads, everything else is freaky. the bowler hat, the colorful faggy hats, the black and gold robe in your 2nd post - alls gotta go! the walking sticks too. grin

We were all unclad till either the Arabs or Europeans came.A culture can develop anytime.There is no time limit. Kalabaris and Ibanis adopted a dressing based on their interaction with the Scottish and Portuguese.They modified and Africanized it. The Igbos further modified it and fused it with Bini influence to get theirs.It is highly allowed.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 19, 2011
Na wao, all those beads no be load 4 neck?
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2011
tpia@:

which ijaws are these?

When pics of Igbos are posted, they look like Yoruba. When Ijaw pics are posted they look Yoruba. Why don't you post the pictures of your own people so that we know how they look. Instead of hijacking other people's thread.

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by DAY12(m): 10:34am On Nov 19, 2011
Those beads na like carrying a tiger generator for neck grin grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ayex0001: 10:37am On Nov 19, 2011
Get free downloading codes, how to generate recharge card nombas, how to hack and crack, how to be a real programmer in minutes, secrets and the legit ways of making online all on
www . naijatechzone . com
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Ibime(m): 11:17am On Nov 19, 2011
See Swag!!!!
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2011
Simply beautiful.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by aribisala0(m): 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2011
too much European influence
are those hats Ijaw?
i wonder how many slaves were exchanged for those glittering baubles

we were not all unclad
Binis were not unclad,
Akan of Ghana were not with their kente
The Yorubas were definitely not and have been weaving Aso Oke and Adire for centuries.
those who were unclad know themselves

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2011
DAY11.:

Those beads na like carrying a tiger generator for neck grin grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by aljharem3: 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2011
Ijaw girl

beautiful
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by frenchman2: 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2011
make i ask one question.

all this people wey you gum their pics here, them authorise you?

i'm sure dem no no say their pics dey online.
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by kunlekunle: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2011
na real lord lugard attire be that.
for the girls they will need raldex and panadol for muscular aches and pain
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by moremi2008(m): 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2011
They look like tacky circus performers! So Sad. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2011
nnnn

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2011
Ya all are entitled to your own OP
Ijaws are proud of their rich cultural heritage,
We dont see anything wrong with our traditional attires.
be it bowler hat, walking stick, flying hat it is here to stay. .
Even Non Ijaws in rivers state admire and wear  Ijaw clothes

tpia@:

which ijaws are these?

Ijaws from Rivers state

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2011
ijaw young

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2011
Ibani of Bonny and Opobo Iria attire

1 Like

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by chidexy(m): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2011
@Ijawgirl, nice pictures and very colorful indeed. I always enjoy viewing pictures of the cultural attires of the different nations in Nigeria. For those who are more interested in whether a fedora hat is Ijaw heritage or European - it's part of the culture of the Ijaws and that's what matters
Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2011
ibani female iria attire

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by ijawgirl: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2011
trad

Re: Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) / 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.