Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident (10409 Views)

Uniport Faculty Of Management Science President Dies In Protest. / Obafemi Awolowo University Student Union Suspended / Solomon Ogunniyi, OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by meexteriox(m): 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2011
Students’ Union Leader Dies In Auto Crash

The President of Students’ Union Government (SUG), Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU), Mr. Chidi Uruakpa, has died following an auto crash.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Uruakpa died on Thursday at the Federal Medical Center (FMC), where he was admitted after the motor accident on Tuesday.

The SUG president was said to be travelling in his official bus when the accident occurred along the Isiukwato road and witnesses said that the bus somersaulted several times.

Until his death, Uruakpa was a final year student of Environmental Resource Management of the institution.

NAN reports that this is the second time in three months that two officials of ABSU-SUG are dying.

In August, the treasurer of the students’ body, Mr. Otisi Chukwuemeka lost his life in a motorcycle accident along Okigwe road.

Incidentally, Uruakpa and Otisi were course mates and of the same level.

Mr. Acho Elendu, the Public Relations Officer of the institution, confirmed the death of Urukpa to NAN in a telephone interview.

Elendu said that he was not in a position to give details of the incident as he was out of the state.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/11/18/students%E2%80%99-union-leader-dies-in-auto-crash/
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Osama10(m): 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2011
What a pity.
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by BootyOnMe: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2011
Maybe the spirit of that 'rap-ed' girl is claiming justice who knows?
There is the justice of man. . . then the justice of God!
May the land of Abia be cleansed.
Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 19, 2011
Was he drunk ?
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Gboliwe: 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I bet! The SUG connived with the VC and lied to the entire world. If thats it, then thats it.
Accept my sympathies
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by ezeagu(m): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2011
Uhm, the girl is not dead, so there is no spirit murdering people The Grudge style.
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by BootyOnMe: 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2011
Like someone has to be dead to haunt others.
There are living spirits as well.
Let God's will be done jare.

For it is written. . .let the dead bury their dead.
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2011
Maybe the car was sabotaged or sth for revenged.

LOL I thought the roads out there were marvelous and less accident-prone. Hope he wasnt driving on the round-abouts when this happened.

May his soul rest.
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Xmind1: 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2011
It is very likely that the girl is dead. we can't judge him, but the way he handled the rape saga suggests that he was part of the propaganda to protect the pepetrators. May we that are alive make peace with God before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by angelo234: 1:52am On Nov 20, 2011
This is a tragedic,what a hell going on the post of SUG in Absu,these guys dying like a day old chicken is painful People is assuming majorities of offices are not heartly God minded.
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by ezeagu(m): 2:19am On Nov 20, 2011
X-mind:

It is very likely that the girl is dead.

Yes, only that she's not dead. So there's no spiritual "for revenged".
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Nov 20, 2011
Karma does not wait till someone actually dies to go demanding payback.  grin grin grin grin grin

I watch indian movies!
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by abiolak: 7:41am On Nov 20, 2011
May his soul rest in peace amen
where are the foolish nigerians why not call this a boko aram activities ok its becouse it happened in the east, if it where for north, instead of proper investigation, it will be term boko aram and thats all
sleeping nigerians lets wake up and face the reality!
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by seedord247(m): 11:12am On Nov 20, 2011
hmmm . . . Naija . . Labe orun . . . nkan Nbee,
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by slap1(m): 11:15am On Nov 20, 2011
I've been fighting so hard to forget this news but I couldn't. Uruakpa was a good friend. Humble and kind.
At his place, three days ago, it took the sympathizers' effort to stop his father from attempting suicide. The guy's death shocked me to the marrow. . . Elected on September, innaugurated on October, died on November. RIP, my presido and friend. I still can't believe this. . .
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by seedord247(m): 11:18am On Nov 20, 2011
slap1:

I've been fighting so hard to forget this news but I couldn't. Uruakpa was a good friend. Humble and kind.
At his place, three days ago, it took the sympathizers' effort to stop his father from attempting suicide. The guy's death shocked me to the marrow. . . Elected on September, innaugurated on October, died on November. RIP, my presido and friend. I still can't believe this. . .
[/quote

Broo i like that your flow . . . you sure say hin no rigg the election . . May he rest in peace
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by slap1(m): 11:19am On Nov 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Karma does not wait till someone actually dies to go demanding payback.  grin grin grin grin grin

I watch indian movies!
What are you talking about, Kobo? If it's about the r-ape thing, forget it. Uruakpa  was still the president-elect, then.
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:22am On Nov 20, 2011
RIP in peace Brother cry cry cry cry cry
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by slap1(m): 11:28am On Nov 20, 2011
seedord247:

Yes. Much on the contrary. He wasn't the government's choice. T. A Orji had another candidate that would support his evil agenda for the school. The students just LOVED the guy. . . Even when the results were about to be released, soldiers came in to help rig against him, the students resisted. He was a great guy. Personally, I had to clear my debts with the SUG so that I will vote for him, and I queued under the rain to vote.
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by joedan(m): 12:00pm On Nov 20, 2011
RIP Chidi. . . Stil cant believe ur g0ne.*sobs*

Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by WebSurfer(m): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2011
eyah too bad
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Iseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

what? i'm 'awe' by your physic powers!
slap1:

but i do hope you can comprehend this.
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Santino1(m): 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2011
slap1:

sounds like Solomon ''Akpojiyomie'' Grundy,

May his soul rest in peace though
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Fimmy(m): 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2011
may he rest in peace
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by juman(m): 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2011
The SUG president was said to be travelling in his official bus when the accident occurred along the Isiukwato road and witnesses said that the bus somersaulted several times.

NAN reports that this is the second time in three months that two officials of ABSU-SUG are dying.

In August, the treasurer of the students’ body, Mr. Otisi Chukwuemeka lost his life in a motorcycle accident along Okigwe road

Condelence to the family.

Hope the students were not reckless drivers.
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 20, 2011
Do we need a libya-style revolution before the system is changed? About this guy's death, i smell a big rat. My people at the school just told me how he won in a landslide victory,how the system's rigging mechanisations were resisted by the students. Majority of them queued up under the rain to vote for him because they knew he was the key to the end of the god-fathered student union.now they will install another thief on the seat and God will punish them. Sad end for the guy- learnt he was one intelligent,outspoken dude.smh
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2011
RIP boss
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by slap1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2011
djmally:

Do we need a libya-style revolution before the system is changed? About this guy's death, i smell a big rat. My people at the school just told me how he won in a landslide victory,how the system's rigging mechanisations were resisted by the students. Majority of them queued up under the rain to vote for him because they knew he was the key to the end of the god-fathered student union.now they will install another thief on the seat and God will punish them. Sad end for the guy- learnt he was one intelligent,outspoken dude.smh
He was, bro, he was. We're looking at his rich opponent, said to be supported by T. A Orji. His death is surely a heavy blow to us. I still find myself looking forward to visit his hostel. . .very painful.
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by nsiadi: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2011
Voodoo still counts a lot
Heard some women waka naked to protest the rape saga
Stories had it that some women, far back, protested, naked, against one Briton
For trying to impose tax on women

The Oyibo died the next day
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by Raxxye(m): 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2011
nsiadi:

Voodoo still counts a lot
Heard some women waka Unclad to protest the violation saga
Stories had it that some women, far back, protested, Unclad, against one Briton
For trying to impose tax on women

The Oyibo died the next day

Are u accusing him of d crime when u know he‘s not alive to defend himself?
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by markolini(m): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2011
hmmm, nigerians and conspiracy theories, smh, y is is difficult 4 people to believe things happen naturally?, he wasnt part of d saga anyway, do u know if he was threatened too??, u guys shuld stop reading meanings to wat is none existent, some things are natural coincidences, u dont have to attribute power to spirits every time, u might d accusing d poor spirits falsely, lol, so puh leeeese, may his soul rest in peace
Re: ABSU Student Union Govt President Dies In Road Accident by freecocoa(f): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2011
markolini:

hmmm, nigerians and conspiracy theories, smh, y is is difficult 4 people to believe things happen naturally?, he wasnt part of d saga anyway, do u know if he was threatened too??, u guys shuld stop reading meanings to wat is none existent, some things are natural coincidences, u dont have to attribute power to spirits every time, u might d accusing d poor spirits falsely, lol, so puh leeeese, may his soul rest in peace
Excuse me bros,please try and change the color of your fonts,you wan blind person? Thanks in advice I mean advance.

@ topic,RIP,may the lord console his people and give some Nlders hearts.amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU To Meet FG Again On Strike / JAMB Eight Keypad And Their Functionality / ASUU: Our Decision On Strike Will Be On Or Before Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.