Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

How To Get Your Wife's Respect - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Get Your Wife's Respect (1875 Views)

Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Your Wife's Respect by AfroBlue(m): 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2011
How to Get Your Wife's Respect

What Marriage WAS Designed to…

BY EUDORA N. NDUBISI

Several friends are struggling with their marriage. There are good days in marriages, and bad. Many have messed up and lost their wife’s respect before. But, somehow managed to regain their wife’s respect and stay married for many happy, fulfilled (till death do us part) years.
Getting your wife’s respect is simple; treat her as the most important person in the world. Sometimes I cringe when I hear couples talking to each other. They don’t treat each other with courtesy. They bark orders, whine, complain, scold or scowl. I can assure you this is not the way to a woman’s heart.

Important tips that will, ultimately, earn your wife’s respect:
Forgive her for being her. You find out every single fault your wife has. She also discovers all of yours. You have to allow her to be her, and to realise that the “perfect” wife just does not exist. Well, except for the Proverbs 31 woman… but I think that was more one man’s dream instead of reality.

Follow through on things you say you will do. This is one of the most important ways to earn anyone's respect, but particularly your wife's. If you commit to a task, do it in a timely manner and do it to the best of your ability. When your wife sees that she can count on you, she will gain a deeper level of respect for you

Spend time with her. YES! You are busy. Men today don’t get enough credit for a lot of the things they do. Many of you have taken on some of the household chores as most wives now are in the workforce too.

You may cook, clean or do some of the housework. You deal with morons all day at work and want to sit down and relax when you come home. You’re not going to like this, but, if you want your wife’s respect you’re going to have to do more. You need to give her a hug when you get home. Don’t make a bee line for the television. Yeah. I know. Football match; World Cup. Nation’s cup, maybe even the CNN Channel.

Your wife has to come first. Not that you can’t do these other things, but everything has a time and a place. Stop to spend some time with your wife. You may even want to try Date Nights.

Read number two again. If you are NOT doing some of the household chores, you should be. Now… don’t get in her way. I know many women have “their way” of doing things. Laundry, Dishes, Vacuuming. But, perhaps you can convince her to let you help with something, if you’ll just stop to learn how to do it the way she wants. I didn’t say this was going to be easy did I?

Maintain a high level of courtesy when talking with your wife. Over time, many couples begin to talk to each other without considering what they are saying or how they are saying it. Refrain from being rude, vulgar or profane in your conversations. Be polite and courteous with your wife to gain her respect.

Mind your tongue. You might think this old fashioned. But, if you talk to your wife like she’s your dog, No respect. You don’t have to say things sweetly, but, you should be polite. Gentlemen can be polite can’t they? I think you can too. Talk to her like you talk to women at work. Isn’t she more important than them?

You must learn to L-I-S-T-E-N. The nodding head syndrome that men have. Having this genetic disorder of nodding your head, watching television and thinking of work while your wife is trying to tell you something about the kids is no excuse. You have to learn to listen. Do whatever it takes to learn this habit. It can be learned and your wife will respect you for it.
Never yell or raise your voice in anger. If you raise your voice, no matter what point you are trying to make, you’ve already lost the fight and your wife’s respect. You can be mad. You can be upset. You can argue and debate… but don’t raise your voice or call your wife names. Learn to fight fair.

Display sound morals and values. If you are honest, considerate and a generally upstanding person that is quick to help others, slow to pass judgment and easy to talk to, you have a sound moral character. And in your wife's eyes, this is a quality to respect. This is particularly poignant if she shares the same morals and values because it shows that you value the same respectable attributes.
When in front of friends… never… ever… put your wife down. If you can’t say anything nice…… you get the picture.

Be present when dealing with your kids. Kids need a dad, just as much as your wife needs a husband. One aspect men don’t see eye to eye on; it’s our kids.

Yes. It is difficult. But, you must be present and willing to discuss how to raise your kids. If the two of you cannot agree, go get some counseling.

Don’t expect your wife to hop into bed with you on a moment’s notice. Learn to meet her halfway and don’t take things too personally if she says no. If you want to enjoy each other physically (how’s that for diplomacy), talk to her about it ahead of time. Try to get the kids down early. Give her a massage. Having said that, you should also learn to be spontaneous. Every woman is different and you just need to figure out what your wife wants in this department.

Try some of these things and see if they make a difference.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/how-to-get-your-wifes-respect/103165/
Re: How To Get Your Wife's Respect by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2011
Omo see notebook
Re: How To Get Your Wife's Respect by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2011
Cant just read it, op pls summarize
Re: How To Get Your Wife's Respect by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2011
@OP in one sentence, pls tell us what you've been sayin
Re: How To Get Your Wife's Respect by AfroBlue(m): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2011
Rokiatu2:

Cant just read it, op pls summarize

"Getting your wife’s respect is simple; treat her as the most important person in the world."

Read it when you get the time and opportunity.
Re: How To Get Your Wife's Respect by slimyem: 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2011
*sighs*brb!
Re: How To Get Your Wife's Respect by AfroBlue(m): 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2011
tiniyata:

@OP in one sentence, pls tell us what you've been sayin

Not my work. I added the author's name and link to the article. Draw your own conclusions.
Re: How To Get Your Wife's Respect by Mynd44: 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^^
But you are the OP so it's you we can aske
Re: How To Get Your Wife's Respect by AfroBlue(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2011
Mynd_44:

^^^
But you are the OP so it's you we can aske

The article is straight forward with thoughtful advice.

No need for this op to paraphrase or over analyze the story.

Enough about me.

Are the author's advice (thoughts) sound or rubbish?
Re: How To Get Your Wife's Respect by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2011
na God dey help person for marriage mata! After doin all of d above for a woman, she might still end up effin u up!

(1) (Reply)

Sexting: What Parents Need To Know / What A Mother-in-law Told Her Daughter-in-law The Night Of Her Wedding / How Wil You React If Your Wife And Kids Are Discussing Of Sharing Your Property.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.