Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants (4775 Views)

David Mark Campaign Rice, Salt Flood Otukpo, To Construct Four Roads Before Xmas / Retired Generals Jostle For Civil Defence Top Job — Leadership Newspaper / Borno To Demolish Churches For The Construction Of Housing Units (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by nnajiobed: 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/abia-to-construct-8500-housing-units-for-civil-servants/

Abia to Construct 8,500 Housing units for Civil Servants
BY Anayo Okoli
Umuahia—ABIA State Government said Thursday that it had embarked on the construction of over 8,500 units of houses in the state to take care of accommodation problems in the state, especially for civil servants.

The government also disclosed that it was partnering with United Nations to produce digital mapping, structural and Master Plans for Umuahia, the political capital and Aba, the commercial capital.

Special Adviser to the Governor on Housing, Engr. Nwabueze Onwuneme, said the master plans would project physical and structural developments in the state for the next 20 years.

Onwuneme said already, survey had started for the project. He expressed hope that very soon, sustainable master plans would be produced for the two cities.

On the housing programme of the government, Onwuneme said the administration had commenced the construction of 2000 units of 3-bedroom bungalows at Amauba Housing Estate, while infrastructural facilities were being put in place in the estate.

Also, the adviser announced that work had reached advanced stage at Isieke Housing Estate where the government was constructing 1500 units of 3-bedroom flats and 500 units of 4-bedroom duplexes.

“The stalled Osisioma Unity Garden project is now been cleared and work will soon commence fully on the site.

“Also, plans are on the way and architectural plans are been given finishing touches for the commencement of 3000 units of 3 and 2 bedroom units in IBB phase 1 and 2 as well as 1500 units of 3 and 4 bedroom bungalows in Amakamma and Ohiya Housing estate, respectively,” Onwuneme said.

He said that Governor Theodore Orji had huge plans to provide houses for the people, especially workers.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by nnajiobed: 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2011
BY Anayo Okoli
Umuahia—ABIA State Government said Thursday that it had embarked on the construction of over 8,500 units of houses in the state to take care of accommodation problems in the state, especially for civil servants.

The government also disclosed that it was partnering with United Nations to produce digital mapping, structural and Master Plans for Umuahia, the political capital and Aba, the commercial capital.

Special Adviser to the Governor on Housing, Engr. Nwabueze Onwuneme, said the master plans would project physical and structural developments in the state for the next 20 years.

Onwuneme said already, survey had started for the project. He expressed hope that very soon, sustainable master plans would be produced for the two cities.

On the housing programme of the government, Onwuneme said the administration had commenced the construction of 2000 units of 3-bedroom bungalows at Amauba Housing Estate, while infrastructural facilities were being put in place in the estate.

Also, the adviser announced that work had reached advanced stage at Isieke Housing Estate where the government was constructing 1500 units of 3-bedroom flats and 500 units of 4-bedroom duplexes.

“The stalled Osisioma Unity Garden project is now been cleared and work will soon commence fully on the site.

“Also, plans are on the way and architectural plans are been given finishing touches for the commencement of 3000 units of 3 and 2 bedroom units in IBB phase 1 and 2 as well as 1500 units of 3 and 4 bedroom bungalows in Amakamma and Ohiya Housing estate, respectively,” Onwuneme said.

He said that Governor Theodore Orji had huge plans to provide houses for the people, especially workers.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by nnajiobed: 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2011
BY Anayo Okoli

Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2011
OK! Why am I more scared than happy at this news? I want so much to rejoice but at the same time the events of the last 12 years, in the same state, at the hands of the same thugs, only makes me want to cry for my people in Abia!!!
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by doctokwus: 4:45pm On Nov 20, 2011
From d way @nnaji obed repeats his abia state govt news posts,am figuring he might b d special media assistant to d governor on d social media;real propagandist at work
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by chino11(m): 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2011
Fake government, fake projects, fake people. We are not deceived we already knew the condition of that state abia.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2011
doctokwus:

From d way @nnaji obed repeats his abia state govt news posts,am figuring he might b d special media assistant to d governor on d social media;real propagandist at work

Stop trying to attack the messenger. Attack the message if you have sufficient backing so people can read for themselves and learn ways to actually tackle this abia issue. If Anything, Abia needs serious opposition group(not necessarily a party ) that will help open up Government to the people --- help them know what is really going on and how they can get it and tackle it before we find ourselves in another 4 years of this uselessness.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by manny4life(m): 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2011
No offense but this gov seems somewhat clueless, anyway, I guess it don't matter after all, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by doctokwus: 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Stop trying to attack the messenger. Attack the message if you have sufficient backing so people can read for themselves and learn ways to actually tackle this abia issue. If Anything, Abia needs serious opposition group(not necessarily a party ) that will help open up Government to the people --- help them know what is really going on and how they can get it and tackle it before we find ourselves in another 4 years of this uselessness.
In dis case d message & d messenger cannot b seperated.This is a propagandist @work& once u understand that fact,u don't need to b told that d msg will b junk.Av u seen d post of dis same op that fmr gov orji kalu's mum is down wt HIV,etc? That shd tel u all u nid to know about d msenger,d message(s) belong to d trash bin.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2011
doctokwus:

In dis case d message & d messenger cannot b seperated.This is a propagandist @work& once u understand that fact,u don't need to b told that d msg will b junk.Av u seen d post of dis same op that fmr gov orji kalu's mum is down wt HIV,etc? That shd tel u all u nid to know about d msenger,d message(s) belong to d trash bin.

You are kidding me? You really expect all the gobble-de-gook you have above to change what was said? The poster posted ARTICLES in the PAPERS . . . Open the Vanguard site to see what is on there? Back to what I said . . . .

Kobojunkie:

Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by Pukkah: 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2011
Who is funding the projects?
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by thejurist: 10:36am On Nov 21, 2011
[b][/b]

THIS IS A WONDERFUL PROJECT. PLEASE MR GOVERNOR MAINTAIN THGE CURRENT TEMPO AND ABIA WILL BE BETTER. BRAVO
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:50am On Nov 21, 2011
Hmmm I thought our newly launched Satellites also provided digital cartography - why are States not utilizing the features and huge benefits after expending $5 billion alone in launching - outside training Nigerians to use them  angry
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by GWslim(f): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2011
Government always target the civil service for such as housing to the neglect of those outside govt work. We all know that the civil service is aiding corruption in this country. They don't worth it.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by ektbear: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2011
Pukkah:

Who is funding the projects?

The Jigawa governor secured loans from the Nigerian federal government on behalf of the civil servants (there is some federal housing loan organization whose name I cannot recall right now.)

Perhaps Abia intends to do something similar?

In any case, I think this has potential if the governor truly has good intentions.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by MARKREN: 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2011
Another White Elephant.

The Gov will build less than 500, Allocate majority to himself & friends, Perm Secs, Directors and Senior Public Servants, steal the remaining funds and leave the state in more debt,

Text book method now being used by most Govs to line their pokects.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by Soundmind(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
Have they build the houses or they will build houses. Whom do you want to deceive with this nonsense political statement? Why behave like Obasanjo when he is no longer popular? Pls, mind your self, don't insult us with this again.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2011
i laugh in OKIJA embarassed embarassed
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by larimo(m): 1:07pm On Nov 21, 2011
How many Civil servants does the state have? How many people will benfit from 8,500 units? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by egift(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2011
[size=14pt]Where are the pictures?[/size]

Another fake promises.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by Pukkah: 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2011
ekt_bear:

The Jigawa governor secured loans from the Nigerian federal government on behalf of the civil servants (there is some federal housing loan organization whose name I cannot recall right now.)

Perhaps Abia intends to do something similar?

In any case, I think this has potential if the governor truly has good intentions.

I hope so. I also hope the units will be affordable.

larimo:

How many Civil servants does the state have? How many people will benfit from 8,500 units? undecided undecided undecided

May be they want to start in phases. undecided

MARK-REN:

Another White Elephant.

The Gov will build less than 500, Allocate majority to himself & friends, Perm Secs, Directors and Senior Public Servants, steal the remaining funds and leave the state in more debt,

Text book method now being used by most Govs to line their pokects.

This is why I'd rather have it run as a PPP. undecided
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2011
It will be very good if this goal is achieved
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by kl2020: 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2011
Have they build the houses or they will build houses. Whom do you want to deceive with this nonsense political statement? Why behave like Obasanjo when he is no longer popular? Pls, mind your self, don't insult us with this again.

They have built it, see pictures

Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by kl2020: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
more

Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by kl2020: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2011
more

Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by crackhouse(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2011
Abia mmanwụ. Do u know what that means?.
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by Areosapien(f): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2011
They have built it, see pictures

www.nairaland.com/attachments/576493_pic1_jpga22a794c036c06431e632f9d5e2e298f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/576497_pics4_jpga518294ce81b1f429805d92ac3659313

www.nairaland.com/attachments/576501_pics6_jpg398e40f715585007c422e7fdacbc7f0e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/576502_pic2_jpg3304abdd147d8e140b2cef3201bd8372

OMG!! shocked Guy, you and your T.A. Orji are so SHAMELESS!!!! shocked
Are these pictures not from the Nilam Puri Condominium in MALAYSIA?
I mean, this is their website for God's sake!: http://www.bukitpuchong.com.my/html/projects_nilampuricondo.html

Guys, this dunce hired by T.A. Orji is here posting pictures of a building in malaysia, and passing them as works by T.A. Orji!! shocked shocked grin

Is this not enough to indicate the epic SCAM this so-called project promises?

I mean, I remember when I faced off the likes of Andrewnwa and his numerous shameless IDs, but atleast in his case, his pictures were photoshopped. But in this case, what we have here are COMPLETELY FAKE images being passed off as the works of this shameless criminal known as T.A. Orji!!

Lord save us from these criminal sycophants!
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by EkoIle1: 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2011
These people and their fraudulent claims and bogus projects,

Why do these clowns lie so much? Even stealing pictures off the internet to support their lies,

Talk about degenerated and habitual liars,
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by denitro(m): 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2011
Another "TO" propaganda
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2011
LWKMD@ the fake photos
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2011
Areosapien:

OMG!! shocked Guy, you and your T.A. Orji are so SHAMELESS!!!! shocked
Are these pictures not from the Nilam Puri Condominium in MALAYSIA?
I mean, this is their website for God's sake!: http://www.bukitpuchong.com.my/html/projects_nilampuricondo.html

Guys, this dunce hired by T.A. Orji is here posting pictures of a building in malaysia, and passing them as works by T.A. Orji!! shocked shocked grin

Is this not enough to indicate the epic SCAM this so-called project promises?

I mean, I remember when I faced off the likes of Andrewnwa and his numerous shameless IDs, but atleast in his case, his pictures were photoshopped. But in this case, what we have here are COMPLETELY FAKE images being passed off as the
works of this shameless criminal known as T.A. Orji!!

^^^What can I say? Dude has taken the bull by the horns, and gone for broke!!! shocked Though you have to give him full marks for brazeness and shamelessness.

Serves Abians right. Next time they'll be more involved in their state politics, and not have a 'siddon dey look' approach. Dem never see anything.

Lord save us from these criminal sycophants!
Re: Abia To Construct 8,500 Housing Units For Civil Servants by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2011
Result of replying with a mobile phone. Apologies to the person quoted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Pictures Of Dim Ojukwu's Corpse / Can A City Be Commercial And Serene In Nigeria? / N30,000 Minimum Wage: Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya Constitutes Negotiation Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.