Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,248 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:18 AM

I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday (5224 Views)

Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] / Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders / Photos Of President Goodluck Jonathan's 54th Birthday And Thanksgiving Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Babasessy(m): 2:19am On Nov 21, 2011
At 54, President Jonathan Says “I Thank God”

PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN, HIS WIFE PATIENCE, HIS MOTHER, MADAM EUNICE AND HIS CHILDREN CUTTING THE CAKE TO MARK HIS BIRTHDAY

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has expressed thanks to God for keeping him alive.

President Jonathan was speaking at the State House Chapel, after cutting a cake to celebrate his birthday, Sunday.

“I thank God for keeping me alive to discharge the responsibilities of my office,” he stated, adding that, “when I decided to contest for the position of Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, I prepared my mind for any eventuality, and God has been faithful to me.”

The President said most national issues were politicised, perhaps because Nigerian politicians can only succeed if they bring down the occupant of the office they want to occupy, adding that those who deliberately politicise issues are aware of the right thing.

Giving the example of the National Honours presented last week, he said the GCON was awarded to Alhaji Aliko Dangote because he is the highest private sector employer of labour in the country, adding that the claim that the honour was previously reserved only for Vice Presidents was erroneous.

“Before Aliko, over 75 distinguished Nigerians received the GCON,” while Chief Obafemi Awolowo received the GCFR, though he was never President of Nigeria, he added.

President Jonathan said criticism and opposition were normal, adding that every leader who has made significant contributions to his people has faced criticism and opposition, and called on Nigerians to continue to pray for the nation.

Earlier, the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan had read the first lesson, while Navy Capt. Olu Bolade, Minister of Police Affairs read the second lesson.

The Chaplain, Venerable Obioma Onwuzurumba dwelt on perseverance in his sermon.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/11/20/at-54-president-jonathan-says-i-thank-god/?ref=nf

Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by aljharem3: 2:21am On Nov 21, 2011
smiley smiley smiley smiley

nice
but that boy in the middle chop up cheesy
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Babasessy(m): 2:34am On Nov 21, 2011
Can Nigerians too say 'Thank God' for sadling you with the leadership of our Great country?
Put smiles on the faces of your country men/women, let them have reasons to say 'Thank God' too
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by bkbabe97y(m): 3:01am On Nov 21, 2011
The face of Evil.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Gboliwe: 5:13am On Nov 21, 2011
Who is Eunice?
One thing I like the president for is his respect and show of affection anytime to dame Patience. They are indeed a family.
[s]didnt madame blow any gbagaun in all this event? Abi she has resorted to speaking Ijaw or Ibo? Lol[/s]
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by dustydee: 7:07am On Nov 21, 2011
Happy birthday sir
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by EkoIle1: 7:13am On Nov 21, 2011
Unfortunately for many dead Nigerians, it's too late for them to celebrate their BD because of this lazy and incompetent goofy clown.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Dyt(f): 8:13am On Nov 21, 2011
una harsh o
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Demdem(m): 8:27am On Nov 21, 2011
Happy Birthday but honestly we really need you to wake up from your slumber
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2011
Happy Birthday Mr President. Wishin u many more ahead.  wink
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by splitnaija(m): 10:30am On Nov 21, 2011
Demdem:

Happy Birthday but honestly we really need you to wake up from your slumber
Nuff said
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by xtremeidea(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2011
Is that his Daughter? she aint bad o!!!  grin grin grin grin grin

Does anyone have her no? or her facebook profile name make i add am. me sef wan chop national cake!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by brainpulse: 10:49am On Nov 21, 2011
Happy Birth, Wishing you, what you are doing for Nigerians. And if you still want to remove fuel subsidy, may God remove life subsidy from you.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Demdem(m): 10:52am On Nov 21, 2011
Wao, what a prayer.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by core13: 10:53am On Nov 21, 2011
<<<<<<<< Thief wan add am on facebook!!!!!!
xtremeidea:

Does anyone have her no? or her facebook profile name make i add am. me sef wan chop national cake!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by essy1(f): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2011
xtremeidea:

bad boi
i get her email ID, olofufu
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by sebastinta(m): 11:05am On Nov 21, 2011
hapi bday, many more yrs, am nt sayin as president
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by omo9ja1(m): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2011
happy birthday Mr Presido

wishing you long life and prosperity abeg make you know forget the promises you made to us all smiley
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by GWslim(f): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2011
I join You to Thank God too. Congratulations, more years ahead.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2011
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by dammizz(m): 11:39am On Nov 21, 2011
Best wishes to Mr President
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by ideylaff: 11:47am On Nov 21, 2011
ds na real Bayelsa boy ooooo cheesy The boy take hin "Step Mama/Madam Umblerra" lace sow shirt, LOL same colour,
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by UyiIredia(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2011
Congrats Mr President but remember to give others a reason to smile too. So far you have not been doing a good job of it.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Kx: 12:04pm On Nov 21, 2011
Happy Birthday Mr President.
If only the dead victims of boko attacks were alive to wish you same.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by catso(m): 12:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
I wish Mr. President Hapi Bday and many hapi returns.
I pray to God to Give u d wisdom and knowledge to be able to handle the affairs of this great and complex nation - Nigeria (Amen)
Once again Hapi Bday!
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
Happy Birthday "President No Action" I regret ever voting for u.
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2011
BEST President Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by ObamaUS: 1:01pm On Nov 21, 2011
This im boy really resemble AKI N PAWPAW OOO, Oga Jonah,are u sure u dont know AKI'S MOTHER?
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by Sike(m): 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2011
Congrats anyway!
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2011
Nothin do am
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by kufreabasi(m): 3:14pm On Nov 21, 2011
bk.babe97y:

The face of Evil.

You are too inhuman
Re: I Thank God - GEJ On His 54th Birthday by otokx(m): 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2011
Why will he not thank God?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta State: Okowa’s Deputy, Otuaro Is A Niger Delta Militant -opinion / EFCC Sealing Diezani Madueke's Home (Photo) / Breaking: Tinubu Is Seriously Sick- David Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.