Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship (9395 Views)

Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble / Black Men: We Must Regain Control Of Our Women. / How Can I Regain Trust With My Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by onuora87: 10:27am On Nov 21, 2011
Hi Nairalander's ,  Truth is as much as i want an honest solution to my present situation, i wud really appreciate it if i don't get insulted. been dating this girl for about two years now and when we started i was obviously all she cud concentrate on (but that's how it usually begins,  RIGHT?). Anyways a lot of things have happened and I've come to the conclusion that i've lost control of my relationship and i still in love wit her. so i don't know if there's no way i can regain control of my relationship? She's doing a lot of really disrespectful stuff but she still says she loves me.  I currently don't have a job and there are other guys around her that seem to be there for her financially. Please i jst need some HONEST advise,  Thanks
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 21, 2011
Classic scenario. Not a few guys have been in such situations. Apparently, she sees less commitment from you. Either you have not been meeting your financial or emotional "obligations", or you have been rather lazy in showing your love towards her. . .or something else. Anywayz, she is browbeating you into loving her more, into assuming the role of the man in her life. You gotta approach this carefully and determinedly, else there's a very good chance of losing her finally. You could start showing more care by calling often, or by living up to certain financial responsibilities, if you are up for it. If you don't care much for her, this is a good time to let it all dissolve. undecided
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by slimyem: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2011
she's become disrespectful because you are not in charge and she's probably respecting others in charge.
Find yourself a job and make some money bro.the kain respect you go get after go tire you sef.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 21, 2011
@poster
let me give you MY humble opinion on the issue: DUMP THE SKANK!!!!!!
if anyone's respect towards you is based on your financial state then i am safe to say that you are in the wrong r/ship. are all the years that you were financially "strong" irrelevant? shouldnt this be the time when she stands by your side and comforts you, give you a shoulder and help you get back on your feet? what kind of selfish woman are you dating that, the moment you are "wounded", she simply goes out and look for others to take care of her?!

you have been fooling yourself, all this time, that you were with the right person, but as the saying goes: its only when you are down that you will see the true color of people. the only way you can regain control is by getting rid of this ungrateful person and focus on meeting someone who will be there for you ALWAYS.

btw: some men bring this to themselves when they are quick to flash their cash and make women depending on them financially. so if that was the kind r/ship that you were in, then you only got what you deserved and the gal is right!
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Eiregirl(f): 11:48am On Nov 21, 2011
I agree with MRbrownJay. The fact that you are not "looking after her financially" is not a good enough reason to be disrepecting you & hanging around other guys because they're there for her financially!!!! Doesn't she have her own job & her own finances
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Omolola1(f): 11:58am On Nov 21, 2011
Dump her pathetic A.S.S
people lyk dat ain't worth wasting time on
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Basildon1(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2011
There's a possibility that the issues that you are having goes beyond the financial. Think deeper and have a lengthy talk with her, dont do the usual lame thinking that it's because you have no money she's disrespecting you. People that have more money than you can think of still have issues!
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by bekay911(f): 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
if anyone's respect towards you is based on your financial state then i am safe to say that you are in the wrong r/ship. are all the years that you were financially "strong" irrelevant? shouldnt this be the time when she stands by your side and comforts you, give you a shoulder and help you get back on your feet? what kind of selfish woman are you dating that, the moment you are "wounded", she simply goes out and look for others to take care of her?!

you have been fooling yourself, all this time, that you were with the right person, but as the saying goes: its only when you are down that you will see the true color of people. the only way you can regain control is by getting rid of this ungrateful person and focus on meeting someone who will be there for you ALWAYS.

btw: some men bring this to themselves when they are quick to flash their cash and make women depending on them financially. so if that was the kind r/ship that you were in, then you only got what you deserved and the gal is right!
she's just a leach
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
bekay911:

she's just a leach

yes she is, it's just sad that the poster had to spend (no pun intended) 2yrs to find that out.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by bekay911(f): 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2011
Quite a pity
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by iice(f): 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2011
In what way did you lose control of the relationship?
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by omega25red(m): 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster

true talk

poster true test of a good mate is the person who stands by you when things are great and when things are shitty. Her financial needs obviously out weighs what you both have and since she doesn't seem to have a job she would only date someone to pay her way. At least now you know. Please cut the dead weight and fix your life there are much better women out there.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by OAM4J: 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2011
iice:

In what way did you lose control of the relationship?

^By loosing his job

@OP

Let her go and focus your attention on getting a job.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by iice(f): 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2011
How did job and control of relationship even meet?
Oh well. . .people get what they ask for.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by onuora87: 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ sauer : am pweety sure it's not that am not showing her enough love. i think it's cos am showing her too much love and i unconsciously started doing that cos i couldn't meet up to some financial needs. but don't get me wrong am buying her gifts and all HONEST. i just don't know how all of a sudden she's gotten so ungrateful and disrespectful. My birthday was on the 7th and she didn't wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY until 4pm that day (and the sick thing is we slept in the same house and on the same bed) but last night she called some dude in my presence @ 12am and said she calling to make sure she was the first to wish him a Happy birthday. Am confused on so many levels cos her friends are like she really loves me but they don't know why she's acting up.

@ slimyem: That's why am asking for advise cos no job seems to be coming my way. Can't i regain it without having a job? cos the thing is i still buy her gifts and give her money. I've asked her over and over again if she doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore and she says "ANYTHING U WANT IS OK BY ME", what do i do?

@ basildon1: mate it goes beyond the financial issue ooh. but I'm not doing anything wrong that i know for sure and she doesn't want to talk. anytime i want to talk she just says "AM NOT REALLY IN THE MOOD". we have good day's but we can't go a day without an issue and i keep trying to prevent it but she just trigger's something. Am so in love with her i don't know what to do.

@ omega25red: that was deep but totally honest thanks.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Princek12(m): 3:12pm On Nov 21, 2011
Isn't it how the typical Naija babe thinks? To accord her man the respect he is due only if he is in a financially stable position.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by omar22(m): 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2011

Classic opinon, Supported round the world
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by islamrules(m): 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2011
@poster

Ladies/women especial nija ones are short sighted. They only know what they are eating presently.

A lady did the same to me while in school, she is back looking for my consideration.

Race on, guy, no condition is permanent.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2011
I think you need to dump her and get urself a job. At the risk of repeating the public opinion.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by thehunted(m): 3:37pm On Nov 21, 2011
Oga poster, make this thing less stressful for yourself. Forget about her,try to get another job and  you will be back to where u were. I hate to see men whine about women. Women are babies.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by db10dtruth(m): 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2011
I beg 2 differ, @ Poster i will advise you call her and sit her down, talking things over works sometimes and could work for you. Tell her stuffs she is doing that you consider disrespectful. Person wey no get moni de love too. Talking to women in a respectful way works, consider her opinion, allow her to talk, don't talk to her when you are both angry. If possible invite her over to your place, just the 2 of you.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Roland17(m): 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2011
I think because you have lost your job, you are beginning to pay detailed attention to whatever she does to you now, you have become very sensitive because of your situation and this has instigated you to draw conclusion that might be hasty,

I advice you concentrate your energy in getting a new job, avoid doing tooo much to save the relationship if is she is not interested anymore, give her space and watch if she is comfortable with the space and silence, if she does nothing to fight for the relationship, let her go,

YOU ARE A MAN, GET CONTROL OVER YOUR LIFE FIRST, THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2011
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by andyanders: 3:48pm On Nov 21, 2011
Just look for job first and get yourself together. The lady is not meant for you as she only love your money. Now that you don’t have a job, her true identity came out is a blessing. So, go ahead and look for a way to get a job and do away with her for good. If you settle with a lady like this in future, she will abandon you when you needed her most. So her actions now is a blessing to reveal her true character.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by babsmii(m): 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
iice:

How did job and control of relationship even meet?
Oh well. . .people get what they ask for.

source of income and source of pride for the lady, she wants to tell her friends "my man works with Mobil"
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by WhyAWhy(m): 3:49pm On Nov 21, 2011
onuora87:

@ sauer : am pweety sure it's not that am not showing her enough love. i think it's cos am showing her too much love and i unconsciously started doing that cos i couldn't meet up to some financial needs. but don't get me wrong am buying her gifts and all HONEST. i just don't know how all of a sudden she's gotten so ungrateful and disrespectful. My birthday was on the 7th and she didn't wish me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY until 4pm that day (and the sick thing is we slept in the same house and on the same bed) but last night she called some dude in my presence @ 12am and said she calling to make sure she was the first to wish him a Happy birthday. Am confused on so many levels cos her friends are like she really loves me but they don't know why she's acting up.

@ slimyem: That's why am asking for advise cos no job seems to be coming my way. Can't i regain it without having a job? cos the thing is i still buy her gifts and give her money. I've asked her over and over again if she doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore and she says [size=14pt]"ANYTHING U WANT IS OK BY ME",[/size]  what do i do?

@ basildon1: mate it goes beyond the financial issue ooh. but I'm not doing anything wrong that i know for sure and she doesn't want to talk. anytime i want to talk she just says "AM NOT REALLY IN THE MOOD". we have good day's but we can't go a day without an issue and i keep trying to prevent it but she just trigger's something. Am so in love with her i don't know what to do.

@ omega25red: that was deep but totally honest thanks.

that's the warning sign, she wants out already but doesnt know how to bell  the cat. DUMP HER!!!
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by tainot2002(m): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2011
Roland17:

I think because you have lost your job, you are beginning to pay detailed attention to whatever she does to you now, you have become very sensitive because of your situation and this has instigated you to draw conclusion that might be hasty,

I advice you concentrate your energy in getting a new job, avoid doing tooo much to save the relationship if is she is not interested anymore, give her space and watch if she is comfortable with the space and silence, if she does nothing to fight for the relationship, let her go,

YOU ARE A MAN, GET CONTROL OVER YOUR LIFE FIRST, THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT.

GBAM!
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
Am in a similar situation now, she's so disrespectful dis days. But my approach has been sit down and look, whilst seriously hustling for a new job, that's the best solution, get a job. Truth is women are d same, hardly stands by in rough times. Another advise, dont let her catch u cheating. Since am n similar dilemma, let me pause and read others response.
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by slimyem: 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2011
onuora87:

@ slimyem: That's why am asking for advise cos no job seems to be coming my way. Can't i regain it without having a job? cos the thing is i still buy her gifts and give her money. I've asked her over and over again if she doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore and she says "ANYTHING U WANT IS OK BY ME",  what do i do?
then you need to stop trying to get back control of you relationship.
You are doing your best but it seems your best is not enough for her.
Start taking control of your life and ignore her.i bet by the time she comes back to her senses and realises what she's lost,it'll be too late.best wishes!
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by pendo89(f): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2011
onuora87:

Can't i regain it without having a job? cos the thing is i still buy her gifts and give her money. I've asked her over and over again if she doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore and she says "ANYTHING U WANT IS OK BY ME", what do i do?

Am so in love with her i don't know what to do.Oh yes you do. Focus on getting a job. What is important now a job or the gal? when you have a job they will come like bees including her.

If those words ever came out of my mouth I would sure know the reason why>>I AM OUT OF THE RELATIONSHIP BUT I WANT YOU TO WALK OUT FIRST SO THAT I DON'T TAKE THE BLAME. cunning and wicked. grin

Op  the day ul understand 'female speak' is the day you will stop getting stressed.Some men have mastered and you need to do the same.
No woman would tell a guy she deeply loves to do as he likes. Its arrogance,pride and a don't care attitude.The reason being shes got somebody by the side so whatever you do will not have any effect on her. In short 'step!!
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by Igosun: 4:16pm On Nov 21, 2011
Poster Plssss get yourself a job forget "side attractions"
Re: How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship by ignis: 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2011
Just try and get a good job first, Shr will respect you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Phone Numbers Of Sugar Mummy/daddies In Lagos, Abuja And Portharcourt. / Help! I Mistakenly Fvck My Neighbor's Mom / Tricks Lagos Big Babes now Use To Get Rich Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.