Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery (22869 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / Dv 2012 Lottery Final Interview Experience / Dv Lottery Final Interview At Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by na2day2(m): 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2009
manak:

thanks na2day,pls when u applied did u apply based on work experience or based on qualification?, and also how long does the interview actually last?

they just look at the formed u filled and asked u questions based on what u write, so if u are working u write it there and i stay all day at the embassy for my interview, u might have a short day there than i did, the interview itself is not long depending on ur confidence and God's gracious mercy
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by manak: 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2009
thanks to every individual who helped in answering my questions one way or the other,i got the visa. please i need info on how the green card processing is done over there in U.S
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2009
fellow nairalanders, i would like to know if one's location can brighten his or her chances of winning the american visa lottery?for instance am a nigerian living in norway,and i applied for the visa lottery in norway,but claimed eligibility as a nigerian.

would my application be treated together with all applications from nigeria,or will it be treated with applications in norway?
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by darryshine(m): 7:13pm On Feb 07, 2010
wish everyone best of luck in y'all coming interview,
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Awudu(m): 3:04pm On Apr 05, 2010
Gud day my dear friends.pls i'm new to dis forum.i've applied for 2011 dv lottery and i'm eager to c the results.may God almighty help us realise our dreams.success for all
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Awudu(m): 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2010
Pls my dear friends.my date of birth on my ( birth cert, passport, dv lottery application form ) are all the same 1st May 1991 which is different from the one on my WAEC certificate 1st May 1989.at the time of applying for 2011 dv lottery my waec certificate was not issued to us.so i didn't know i filled the year wrongly.i've the same day and month in all my documents but different years.i completed secondary sch in 2009.my question is dat,can this mistake disqualify me at the interview if i win the lottery? Pls reply to me.thank u
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by dove24u(m): 10:53am On May 20, 2010
A guy just won DV lottery 2011, He wants to travel with his fiancee but the person was not included when entering for the lottery i.e he applied as a single. Could it be possible if he include her name in the letter to KCC? any advice and suggestion are welcome.
Thanks.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by aroy1: 3:41am On May 21, 2010
There is high chance he will be denied the US immigrant visa with her inclusion.He should go alone.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by dove24u(m): 11:20am On May 21, 2010
aroy1:

There is high chance he will be denied the US immigrant visa with her inclusion.He should go alone.

@ aroy1, You actually got my mind, thanks for your advice.Go alone and process the wifey later.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Palmalark: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2010
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by SAINT21: 5:36pm On May 20, 2011
what is the total visa fee. and if i fill the with my BECE certificate are they going to ask questions base on that?
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Select(m): 1:44am On May 21, 2011
SAINT21:

what is the total visa fee. and if i fill the with my BECE certificate are they going to ask questions base on that?

Hi,
Are u current for this year(2011) and are u in Nigeria? if so, ur visa fee is $819.
Pls see www.immigrationportal.com/forum for more info from past and current winners.
Cheers!
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by marvis32: 9:11am On Aug 01, 2011
my brother won the dv 2012. but we have a problem he has only secondary school qualification with 5 credit . now this is the problem the result is in two sittungs an one of it has 3credit which include; English,commerce,Government,and while the other has just Economics and Chiristain religeous knowledge. but have F9 in Mathematics.though he presently work with Aviation Ground Handling Company In Nigeria.pls wats our chance?
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Select(m): 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2011
marvis32:

my brother won the dv 2012. but we have a problem he has only secondary school qualification with 5 credit . now this is the problem the result is in two sittungs an one of it has 3credit which include; English,commerce,Government,and while the other has just Economics and Chiristain religeous knowledge. but have F9 in Mathematics.though he presently work with Aviation Ground Handling Company In Nigeria.pls wats our chance?

@ Marvis32,
This is a tricky one. However,he shld try and retake WAEC immediately and make sure he has at least a credit in Maths. He may be lucky to hav his result ready b4 he is called for a visa interview.
His present work may however be of help.
Pls check www.immigrationportal.com/forum and then go to the Lottery Visa- DV section and then from there check the Nigerian thread, for past and current winners.
Good luck!
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by marvis32: 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2011
@select, thanks so much for d info, but is there anywhere its stated that one must have 5 credits include maths?? i am not sure if WAEC or NECO registration is still on, we contacted my cousin in d US regarding this but said that secondry school certificate will do just to show u completed high school. pls see below.
The principal diversity visa applicant must have a high school education, or its equivalent, pls kindly advise,
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Select(m): 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2011
marvis32:

@select, thanks so much for d info, but is there anywhere its stated that one must have 5 credits include maths?? i am not sure if WAEC or NECO registration is still on, we contacted my cousin in d US regarding this but said that secondry school certificate will do just to show u completed high school. pls see below.
The principal diversity visa applicant must have a high school education, or its equivalent, pls kindly advise,

[/quot

@ marvis32,
I don't think there is any laid down rule to dat effect, but one just has to be on the safer side. Most applicants dat i know of, usually hav credits in Maths and English. Pls go on dat site and check for further info and advise. Cheers!
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by marvis32: 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2011
@@select, plus my brother also have some IT Certifications, (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, CISCO,Networ+ and A+. would this help?
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Select(m): 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2011
marvis32:

@@select, plus my brother also have some IT Certifications, (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, CISCO,Networ+ and A+. would this help?

@ Marvis32,
The above is a + for him, but just remember dat the high school education is the basic, and it is better that he has it complete( English and Maths inclusive).
Cheers!
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by adexkem(m): 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2011
please which website can i visit to know my likely date for interview. since i have my case number
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Select(m): 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
adexkem:

please which website can i visit to know my likely date for interview. since i have my case number

No website will give u a date for ur interview. U will need to be in touch with the Kentucky Consular Center in the U.S.,(by phone and email), they will schedule u and forward same date to the Embassy in Lagos.
Pls check www.immigrationportal.com/forum ; then check the Lottery Visa section and also the Nigerian and Ghana threads, for the experience of past and current winners.
Cheers!
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by aroy1: 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2011
adexkem

If you can do some simple maths, this website lets you know your interview month.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

It is the US dept of state website.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by doris84(f): 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2011
Pls I am a 2012dvlottery winner. Please how long does it take to get the police certificate? Is it something I can get in a day? Thanks.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Select(m): 5:13am On Sep 28, 2011
doris_84:

Pls I am a 2012dvlottery winner. Please how long does it take to get the police certificate? Is it something I can get in a day? Thanks.

It depends on their volume of work, but have 2 days in mind.
You can also check www.immigrationportal.com/forum and go down to the "Lottery Visas-DV" section. You will read the experiences of past and current winners.
Cheers!
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by doris84(f): 6:32am On Sep 28, 2011
Thanks Select. I also have another question, pls from the visa bullettin, I observed that my case number is current in Oct or thereabout cos 2012AF0000****, but I haven't gotten the 2nd letter for my visa interview, and from one forum(which I can't remember now) someone said her case number was 2012AF00008*** and she has her visa date for Nov. I contacted KCC and they responded like 2wks ago that my forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of visa processing and that visa numbers are currently being given to my region for the month of Nov. My question is, since I haven't gotten the letter for visa interview uptill now could they be a problem? I would really like to know.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Select(m): 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2011
What does ur case number start with? 7xxx or 8xxx ?
U can however stil send them another mail ,requesting to knw ur interview date, or call them immediately, quoting ur full names, case number and date of birth.
I don't have their phone number off-hand but check the site I quoted above pls.
All the best.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by doris84(f): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2011
My case number is 5***. I have sent them a mail today.besides, the number they put in the notification letter, when I have called the number severally and at different times, but I get a recorded voice still referring me to their website.so I just send them mails. Hopefully I should get a response from them today.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by aroy1: 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2011
doris

If the last four digits of your case number is less than 7000, that means your interview is in Oct. Nigeria is 5hrs ahead of Kentucky and KCC is open between 8-5pm, Kentucky time, Mon to Friday. Find a CDMA phone (Multilinks, Starcomm, Visafone, etc.) to call them because they are cheaper (about 10Naira per minute). You might have to wait for about 10-20mins before a human attends to you.
You can get the police certificate in a day.

How did they say you will be notified, online or by postal mail?
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by doris84(f): 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2011
Thanks aroy1, I just called, and finally got to speak to someone, and was told that they should have a visa interview date by 15th of Oct. And io should call then.can someone still get a visa interview when the case is no longer current? Like say in Nov/Dec. I really don't know why I wasn't given a visa interview date for 0ct/Nov. I believe it will work out fine.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by aroy1: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2011
You are scheduled accordingly. Is your case number around 5000? If yes, then you should be interviewed in Oct.

Goodluck!
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by adexkem(m): 10:07pm On Sep 28, 2011
Doris_84. I read in 1 forum dat u wil receive an e_mail dat wil only notify u about ur invitation letter 4 interview in d same site where u were informed about ur further processing. All u need 2 do is 2 visite d site with ur confirmation number (d 1 used 2 chebked resuit) not case number. Then print out d letter. whatever d outcome is, plz share it with others . Wish u goodluck in ur interview.
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by donpri: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2011
ALL DV20012 WINNERS THAT HAVE CASE NUMBER 5000 AND 6000 THOUSAND SHOULD CHECK THEIR LETTERS ONLINE COS LETTERS WILL NO LONGER BE SEND THROUGH POSTAL ADDRESS. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO CHECK THEIR WEBSITE AND LOGIN YOUR CASE NUMBER YOUR AND YOUR DATE OF BIRTH. MINE IS SCHEDULED FOR 17 NOVEMBER 2011. I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AS AM WAITING FOR MINE
Re: Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery by Emmancy: 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2011
cry cool cool cool cool smiley smiley smiley Lord remember me too to be among this year winners, because there is not you cannot do, Wishing you all the best in your interview.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassy In Germany Fires Guard Over Sex-For-Passport Scandal / Car Dives Into A Building Window After Ghastly Accident In Lagos. Photos/video / How Nigerians Are Deceived With Fake Job Offers In Qatar (from Babaearly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.