Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:06 PM

I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! (7389 Views)

Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / Obafemi Martins Is Dating Mario Balotteli's Sister , Abigail Barwuah / Ladi Martins Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by ALLO: 2:05pm On Mar 09, 2006
Is Obafemi Martins Really Nigerian?

Hi everyone. I think Martins is a Cameroonian. Do we really need foreigners to play for our National team?
I honestly think this boy is not suppose to play for the Super Eagles.
I think it is high time we stopped making some people think we need foreigners to help us.

Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by spikelord(m): 2:20pm On Mar 09, 2006
First of all, What is your name? And I'd love to ask if you live in the Peninsula!

I want a reply!
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by ALLO: 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2006
Hello,
If my name is important to u, then call me Godlove Obina. And please forget where I come from. Peninsula or no peninsula, I want to know Martins true Nationality.
Hope u will not ask me to show u my face abi.
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by Seun(m): 1:22am On Mar 10, 2006
Why do you think he is a Camerounian?
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by bernieman(m): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2006
@ALLO,why do you suddenly just think Obafemi is a camerounian?Does the name "Obafemi Akinwunmi" suddenly sound like a cameroun name to you?Please,Obafemi Martins is a Nigerian and not a camerounian.Mind you,Samuel Eto'o Fils is a Nigerian from Ebonyi state.
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by ALLO: 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2006
Hello Bernieman,
This is exactly what I am talking about. So from what state is Matrins ? U say Eto'o Fils is from Ebonyi state and so U think Eto'o Fils is a name from Ebonyi state ASHIAH! What is the meaning of Eto'o Fils?
Just tell me from what Nigerian state Martins comes from.
Please reply me!
U see we have Foreigners in our national team and we still crave for more!
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by Seun(m): 9:14pm On Mar 10, 2006
Before coming here to suggest that someone who plays for Nigeria is a Camerounian, you must have some evidence you are relying upon. WHy don't you supply it?
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by pearl2(m): 3:48am On Mar 13, 2006
Are u just being plain mischievous or downright confused?
If Martins were from Calabar area,there might have been a reason for ambiguity since that part is close to Bakassi.
But he's a typical Lagosian who I learnt grew up in Orile in Lagos.His family are in Lagos and known.His father I think, died 2 or 3 years ago there in Lagos.Played football with people like Makinwa till Oliseh's brother reportedly helped him to Italy.

As for Eto'o,am still surprise by the story I read recently credited to people supposedly related to him in Nija,that his father 's name is Okwa and he took the name of the person who helped him.
The story sounds pretty convincing.I know some footballers who have done it before.I was surprised for instance when I learnt that Celestine and Emmanuel Babayaro are Ibo boys(brothers)who grew up in Kaduna and took the name of their benefactor.

The one that still puzzles me is Michael Essien.Now Essien is a well known Calabar name.Even before he became well known(while in France), somebody told me he's a Nija boy who conveniently travelled to Europe with a Ghanian passport,hence his claim of Ghana.
But the snag there is that he  played for Ghanian junior team.
Like I told one Ghanian,if it was Kofi,Asamoah,there wouldnt have been any reason for confusion,but Essien is one of the most popular Calabar name u can ever get.But the Ghanian friend in question told me there is a small ethnic group in Ghana that answers Essien.I didnt argue with him,but I still have doubts,does anyone have a clue?
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by Badman888(m): 4:16am On Mar 13, 2006
Obafemi a Camerounian where did you get that from and Eto isnt his original name he adopted it from someone.
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by passy: 8:20pm On Mar 13, 2006
holla, allo and the rest,
u boys should debate and kill yr selves overr martins nationality afterall he started the confusion by declearing it over BBC afrique that " yes i was born in bakassi and now that bakassi has been given to cameroon, it means i'm a cameroonian. plz u boys should stop bringing my samuel eto'o fils into ths matter the boy has never been confused as to where he orriginated. eto'o est cameroonaise. et juste que cameroonaise. point. i mean to tell u the most patriotic citizen u can ever think of in this whole universe is eto'o fils the cameroonian. he like just cameroon that is his fatherland.
well obafemi na u cause this palava nija, cameroon. and na only u and yr mama, papa, ancesstors know where u truely come from. angry
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by vichel(m): 8:52pm On Mar 14, 2006
Oba the wonder ki a camerounian my ass
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by shockreaction(m): 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2006
Haha, people. This thread is just a parody. tongue
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by Idekeson(m): 6:24am On Mar 15, 2006
Either Mr. Allo is high on something or he is a Cameroonian seeking to mingle with Nigerians on Nairaland.
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by rikkyjen(m): 6:52am On Mar 15, 2006
Martins,camerounian??, no be only camerounian , na Somalian!!!
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by spikelord(m): 8:44am On Mar 15, 2006
That was why I aksed for Mr Allo's name and location!!! Why would you just come up with a kind of story that Martins is a Cameroonian?? I fear you oH!
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by passy: 9:43am On Mar 15, 2006
hi mr ideckson,
                    could u plz stop pointing fingers? mr allo could as well be a nigerian as well as a cameroonian. like u said what is so wnderfull abt nigerian or nairaland? i mean i think it's only a forum and well said that it's a forum 4 nigerians and friends of nigeria so when u thalk like that u're inderictly making some strangers to feel bad. and soon we'll blame whites for rasism meanwhile we are more rasist than they are.
i don't even know why the guy felt like reminding the people abt martins confusion abt his nationality. where does allo even wants obafemi to play in the cameroon national team or does he only want him to come and warm the bench for his whole football life? martins is not the the kind of player that canbe called up in any LION'S selection i mean when there is a real match. cameroon has many players of  his type and even better than him but who warms the bench coz they don't play good football. some people are still dreaming that eto'o fils is a nigerian yes, i officially hand him over to u he is very useful if u don't mind but as for martins, mr allo never u mention such a thing abt martins. else if he accepts coming to cameroon u'll have to be paying him withy yr own pucket money cameroon gov't has'nt made any provisions for such un fruitfull players  to the national team. so just be carefull and know where u are going to keep martins if he come to cameroon as for eto'o i think he's safe coz they can and will get him well paid in nigeria as he's going to do wonders for the team. tongue
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by Idekeson(m): 10:03pm On Mar 15, 2006
passy:

hi mr ideckson,
                    could u plz stop pointing fingers? mr allo could as well be a nigerian as well as a cameroonian. like u said what is so wnderfull about nigerian or nairaland? i mean i think it's only a forum and well said that it's a forum 4 nigerians and friends of nigeria so when u thalk like that u're inderictly making some strangers to feel bad. and soon we'll blame whites for rasism meanwhile we are more rasist than they are.
i don't even know why the boy felt like reminding the people about martins confusion about his nationality. where does allo even wants obafemi to play in the cameroon national team or does he only want him to come and warm the bench for his whole football life? martins is not the the kind of player that canbe called up in any LION'S selection i mean when there is a real match. cameroon has many players of  his type and even better than him but who warms the bench because they don't play good football. some people are still dreaming that eto'o fils is a nigerian yes, i officially hand him over to u he is very useful if u don't mind but as for martins, mr allo never u mention such a thing about martins. else if he accepts coming to cameroon u'll have to be paying him withy yr own pucket money cameroon gov't has'nt made any provisions for such un fruitfull players  to the national team. so just be carefull and know where u are going to keep martins if he come to cameroon as for eto'o i think he's safe because they can and will get him well paid in nigeria as he's going to do wonders for the team. tongue

QU'EST-CE QUE C' EST?
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2006
passy:

hi mr ideckson,
could u plz stop pointing fingers? mr allo could as well be a nigerian as well as a cameroonian. like u said what is so wnderfull about nigerian or nairaland? i mean i think it's only a forum and well said that it's a forum 4 nigerians and friends of nigeria so when u thalk like that u're inderictly making some strangers to feel bad. and soon we'll blame whites for rasism meanwhile we are more rasist than they are.
i don't even know why the boy felt like reminding the people about martins confusion about his nationality. where does allo even wants obafemi to play in the cameroon national team or does he only want him to come and warm the bench for his whole football life? martins is not the the kind of player that canbe called up in any LION'S selection i mean when there is a real match. cameroon has many players of his type and even better than him but who warms the bench because they don't play good football. some people are still dreaming that eto'o fils is a nigerian yes, i officially hand him over to u he is very useful if u don't mind but as for martins, mr allo never u mention such a thing about martins. else if he accepts coming to cameroon u'll have to be paying him withy yr own pucket money cameroon gov't has'nt made any provisions for such un fruitfull players to the national team. so just be carefull and know where u are going to keep martins if he come to cameroon as for eto'o i think he's safe because they can and will get him well paid in nigeria as he's going to do wonders for the team. tongue

what was your point in a nutshell?
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by kimba(m): 12:57am On Mar 16, 2006
let me add more kerosine to the fire,

The truth is that Obafemi Martins is a Chinese Citizen, originally from HongKong.

sebi, that one has solved the issue
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by passy: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2006
When I was joining this forum I suspected it was only for a few Nigerians. And all ur contributions to this topic simply confirm what I thought. I went into my shell, pretending to be a Nigerian and posted this topic to see ur reactions, and everyone easily understood I am a Cameroonian. U see how u all discriminate? Why blame other humans for being racists?
Before leaving this forum to the owners, let me make it clear that I am a Cameroonian from Bakassi in the Ndian division of Cameroon where Martins was born. Forget about the fake doccuments Awala pple do.
However, I did well to chose Nigeria as his country because he really has nothing to offer to Cameroonian football.
Someone said "I think Allo is a Cameroonian who is trying to mingle with Nigerians on nairaland" what is the meaning of this? answer: nairaland is not for Cameroonians.
Bye bye nairalanders,
And go ahead and have all African best players. Essein is a Nigerian from Calabar, Samuel Eto'o is a Nigerian from Edea in the Sanaga Maritime division of Nigeria, even pele , Ziko and Maradona were from Nigeria.
Bye
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by Idekeson(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2006
@Passy,
I implore you to stay on Nairaland, because we value diverse views. But I'm not going to treat you with with kid gloves especially when you make bold statements like Mr. Allo did without any evidence to back it up. Hope to hear from you.
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by demmy(m): 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2006
funniest thread ever and the best example of much ado about nothing. grin grin grin
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by vichel(m): 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2006
Hey passy pls don't go ohhhhh we want ur opinions here even if some people here *looks around* thinks they suck smiley, u know that's NL for u smiley wink wink, so pls stay
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2006
i think passy should leave. what really made him go over the deep end? i saw nothing wrong in the earlier posts that warranted such a hasty decision.

bye bye passy, great the bakassi pple for us o and don't forget to take Madam florence Ita-Giwa with u!
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by mustafar1: 7:26am On Mar 17, 2006
some people just gate crash peoples parties and chicken out like liverless fighters. allo abi passy cos i dont know who is who no more. i perseonally would love to know where u got ur facts from. oh did i say fact, i meant hypothesis cos i dont see what ur proof is based on or better still i dont see u provide anything to warrant me believing ur claim. trust me i'm a HO when it come to the truth. meaning if u prove it to me i'll move swiftly to ur corner and start to sing ur praise.
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by lordimpaq(m): 8:49am On Mar 17, 2006
please be realistic,
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by passy: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2006
hi everyone,
ha, ha, ha, ha cheesy so Daviddylan u wish i leave? ok, well i was about to. but unfortunately 4 u i met with this lady on my way back to bakassi madam florence ita the aunt of martins she asked me where i was going to. telling her this story, she ushered me back to nairaland. then i thaught of my G cool Vichel. and decide to make up my mind to stay atleast i got people here on nairaland.
Grace a Vichel et madam florance que je suis de retour. Anything more to say Daviddylan? smiley
vichel thank u 4 wanting me 2 stay and i 'll stay till niaraland intends to unsubscribe from the World Wide Web. it's all fun out here. cheesy seeeee ya wink
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by tamia(f): 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2006
wats all the sweating about Cameroonians?  what if he is? is it a sin? n Eto being Nigerian? ha ha someone was just seeking cheap popularity because Eto has denied all claims. the dude doesn't even speak English. the so called "uncle" who said Eto was Nigerian is,   i don't know. Eto's mum does not even seem to know this uncle. well i am Cameroonian n if  Martins is a Cameroonian and he plays for Nigeria so be it. it's his wish to play wit' Nigeria right? nobody forced him. puh----leese y'all shuld behave being Cameroonian is not WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and someone said Allo might be a Cameroonian seeking to mingle with Nigerians i tho't this is what Nairaland is all about. when i first got here it said for Nigerians AND FRIENDS of Nigeira angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by Idekeson(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2006
tamia:

wats all the sweating about Cameroonians? what if he is? is it a sin? n Eto being Nigerian? ha ha someone was just seeking cheap popularity because Eto has denied all claims. the dude doesn't even speak English. the so called "uncle" who said Eto was Nigerian is, i don't know. Eto's mum does not even seem to know this uncle. well i am Cameroonian n if Martins is a Cameroonian and he plays for Nigeria so be it. it's his wish to play wit' Nigeria right? nobody forced him. puh----leese y'all shuld behave being Cameroonian is not WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and someone said Allo might be a Cameroonian seeking to mingle with Nigerians i tho't this is what Nairaland is all about. when i first got here it said for Nigerians AND FRIENDS of Nigeira angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Cameroonian girls are not bad. True. grin grin grin
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by tamia(f): 5:00am On Mar 18, 2006
watever
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by ALLO: 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2006
[color=#990000][/color]
Hi nairalanders n sorry for the leave.
Hey passy thanx 4 buying my case. I never knew we also had Cameroonians like me in this forum. But do not go away! I did not post this topic to eject some pple from the forum.
Dem say I b Cameroonian. Ok oh, Just tell me how to meet u n ur phone number. I am at Makeppe.
Tamia, A gwe raison, mama tu sait!
Idekeson, U want me to prove that Martins is a Cameroonian eeeeh, go to www.gossipnews.com, if u can read Italia.
Passy do not forget to give me ur phone number. I will give u a call from Makeppe, Le quartier de petit pays.
NO MAKE ERREUR!!!!
Re: I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! by Idekeson(m): 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2006
ALLO:

[color=#990000][/color]
Idekeson, U want me to prove that Martins is a Cameroonian eeeeh, go to www.gossipnews.com, if u can read Italia.

Facts, not gossip. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bet9ja Have Pay Again / Guinea Vs Gambia: AFCON 2023 (1 - 0) On 19th January 2024 / What Are The Secrets You Know About Football Betting. See Mine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.