Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Transiting In Doha - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Transiting In Doha (3171 Views)

Nigerians Transiting Through Moscow, Do We Need A Transit Visa? (< 24hr Layover) / WORK IN Doha State Of QATAR / Planning A Visit To Doha, Qatar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transiting In Doha by odessa65: 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2011
Hello All ,

I am due to leave for the United States after Christmas and I am scheduled to fly Qatar airways with a 8hr Layover in Doha . I have heard lots of stories about how hectic it can get , I am a first time traveller and would love to get possible advice or tips regards this , Thanks in anticipation .
Re: Transiting In Doha by Dyt(f): 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2011
well mayb u get a lesser layova
Re: Transiting In Doha by odessa65: 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2011
Thanks Dyt ,

But the ticket has already been paid for. Doha as a layover point is non reversible , that much I know. Just wanted to get first hand info from frequent fliers about the airport and arrival and departure process. Thanks
Re: Transiting In Doha by 27naira(m): 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2011
odessa65:

Hello All ,

I am due to leave for the United States after Christmas and I am scheduled to fly Qatar airways with a 8hr Layover in Doha . I have heard lots of stories about how hectic it can get , I am a first time traveller and would love to get possible advice or tips regards this , Thanks in anticipation .

So far, I've only transited through Doha just once, the transfer terminal (color-code "orange"wink is different from the main terminal (color-code "yellow"wink, it ain't interesting at all. There is no biggie about it, just get mentally prepared to wait the long wait. You might be lucky to find someone to chat you up otherwise, you can get a good sleep cheesy better still you can turn to a wanderer.
Re: Transiting In Doha by odessa65: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2011
Thanks 27 naira.

Appreciate your response.
Re: Transiting In Doha by cophild: 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
@odessa, I feel ur pain man, I almost got to pick qatar airways too cos I might also b leaving for d states after Christmas Bu luckily for me I searched again and got Turkish airline wit a transit time of jst 2hrs, quickly rushed for Dat o cos d price diff btw both is jst like 15k, I didn't mind paying d extra sha cos I knw say Dat 8hrs won't b easy, Not to worry man anywhichway we all go still reach, cheers bro
Re: Transiting In Doha by llbhuds: 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
Man bordom comes to those who wait
Since u are a first timer I can bet that u wonrt be bored cos u will be fascinated by what u see and the peeps around u. Also im sure u wont be d only person in ur flight who will have to wait like u. So just get ur camera nd ready to snap some photos jare
Re: Transiting In Doha by odessa65: 6:32am On Nov 24, 2011
Cophild , thanks a bunch . I wished I had done a wider search too. Lol

llbhuds , thanks for your comment and advice. Duly noted and taken too. Going with my camera and kindle for when I get bored snapping. Pictures.

Thanks all. I appreciate all the comments
Re: Transiting In Doha by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 26, 2011
Re: Transiting In Doha by moonraker(m): 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2011
Doha apt is a nice, small and clean airport, the issue there is that its only good for short transfers,

anything longer that 3hrs is bloody, duty free sucks big time, so erm do a checklist fast, Ipod for music, laptop, they hv free wifi

at the airport,
Re: Transiting In Doha by member67023: 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2011
transit passenger management is crap. The airport needs to wake up and deal with the crowd transiting with their qatar airways. I was not impressed at all.

They should learn from emirates.
Re: Transiting In Doha by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:25am On Nov 30, 2011
If you love jewelry then you can get a good quality gold jewelry at discount price at the airport

also nice branded perfumes are at cheaper rate there.

if you really want to enjoy your transit

Have some spare cash to spend there because you will see a lot
Re: Transiting In Doha by frakie: 2:02pm On Dec 02, 2011
@ odessa65, Doha international airport is a nice airport, if u are transiting ur boarding pass is yellow, when u get to doha international airport, you will wait for about 6hrs b4 u start boarding again, i flew qatar airline to the state too, we left lagos by 1pm in the afternoon, this is due to the late arrival of the aircarft, we arrived doha at 9pm, we have to sat down for about 6hrs b4 we can board, although doha is a beautiful place, free internet access all round the airport, they also have internet room where u can browse with laptops for free, duty free is ok, cabin assistant really tried, no too much checking at the airport, everything is just ok with them, jewelries, mobile phone, etc na ur money go talk shaa, we dey here for the state, we be 25 niger , guyz and babes wey travel to the state on november 7
Re: Transiting In Doha by tunde300us(m): 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2011
Apart from the free internet thing there isnt much at that airport too,it was expanded some years back but i guess they mite still need some more expansions on it cos of the football world cup.

And i think there is free food there at the waiting lounge of the airport,u will need a meal ticket from the airline and all the food in the world is there,chop till u quench
Re: Transiting In Doha by frakie: 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2011
yep, i agree with u there is , u can get that through the T - DESK office in the airport, also the airport has buses that will take you, to your transfer and departure routes, so many amenities i beg, muritala, na poutry for the airport side jooor
Re: Transiting In Doha by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
If you have money u can get some good deals at the airport. i transited doha too when i was going to the US. it might get boring sha. just keep walking around
Re: Transiting In Doha by odessa65: 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2011
Thanks so much for all your advice and comments , I really do appreciate you all, God Bless
Re: Transiting In Doha by Oba234: 5:00am On Dec 15, 2011
well get comfortable You will be there for a while. I had a 9hour lay over and it was tough. It was hard to take a nap since the seats are uncomfortable, but bring a good book.
Re: Transiting In Doha by Awahid: 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2011
I personally think it is not very hectic. Of course it is Doha, not Dubai, but still I dont think there is something in it to be this scared of.

South African Airways UK

(1) (Reply)

#bbnaija: US President, Donald Trump Reacts To Seyi Heroic Decision / Canadian Diploma Or Post Graduate Diploma / Please Where Is Immigration Office Located In Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.