Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,371 members, 7,781,038 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:52 AM

Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures (22329 Views)

Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ongoing Construction -pictures / Abuja Airport Road (under Construction): Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2011
Enugu railway tracks construction pics. I just tuk d pics wit ma fone on ma way back.
Obvious they are just constructing and laying the rail tracks

1 Share

Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2011
more pics

1 Share

Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by dustydee: 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2011
are they wooden tracks? don't blame me but your inverted pictures.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 6:14pm On Nov 23, 2011
lol, nah, d inverted pics were caused by d camera angle i used. They are metallic. The track construction is handled by multinationals dat luk n sound dutch/german to me
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2011
i just parked by d roadside and tuk d pics frm somehow afar. Was on ma way bk frm wrk,agu jigodim bad. Lol. So no blame me n ma bad pics. Had to share dis 4 NL peeps to watch
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Arosa(m): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2011
So naija needs multinationals to lay common rail tracks? How hard is it to do this
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by kelz88(f): 6:33pm On Nov 23, 2011
I'm impressed! shocked wink
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2011
@kelz88 you can say that again
@arosa,at all at all na im bad pass
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by NegroNtns(m): 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2011
Maroc,

Thanks for your effort, but NL does not have medical insurance to cover for audience neck injuries. grin

Great coverage but make it easy on our necks next time. There are certain views I will break my neck to catch a glance of, railtracks is never one of them. grin grin
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2011
@negro. lols. Point taken bro. No neck break intended sha
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2011
Anyone able to confirm that this is not the NRC rail rehabilitation effort?
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by paniki(m): 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2011
marocguy:

lol, nah, d inverted pics were caused by d camera angle i used. They are metallic. The track construction is handled by multinationals dat luk n sound dutch/german to me

Another whiteman project in a blackman country. These people rule Africa, we can't deny that
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by macjive01: 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
thats it, i believe this is the part still on ground, here is the other elevated section

ENUGU railway line in construction

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

see more photos here

http://www.igbolandforum.com/index.php?topic=634.0
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2011
[size=13pt] Railway Corporation Commences Enugu Mass Transit Train

Catherine Agbo12 July 2010
[/size]

Abuja —[size=13pt] The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) is set to commence the Enugu leg of its intra-city mass transit train service on July 26, 2010. This is coming on the heels of the successful take-off of the Kano mass transit train service recently[/size].

The commencement follows the construction of three new halt stations by the corporation, renovation of three other existing principal stations and delivery of a brand new GE 2,500-horse power locomotive engine.

The corporation has also completed rehabilitation of coaches, power cars and guard vans; provided employment and training to local junior staff; and concluded all track work including level crossings.

Speaking ahead of the start of operations, Engineer Adeseyi Sijuwade, Managing Director of Corporation, expressed happiness at bringing the trains back to the tracks for people of the South-east.

"We are pleased to see the trains back on track in the South-east after a long time. It is our hope that the transportation challenges experienced by the residents of Enugu and its environs will be alleviated aside enhancing trade and commerce".

He further informed that Enugu's growing population of civil servants, industrial workers and traders makes the new train service a viable initiative. "Enugu is a large town with big establishments such as University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus; Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Anambra Motor Corporation (ANAMCO) automobile assembly plant, Juhel Pharmaceutical Industries among others", said Sijuwade.

He further listed the Ogbete Main Market, Timber Shed Market and Orie Emene Market as some of the markets whose traders will benefit from the opportunities the recommencement of mass transit train in Enugu will offer.

Engineer Sijuwade stated that in order to ensure optimal service of the catchment areas, the train will commute passengers six times daily between the main railway station in Enugu and Agbani in Nkanu West Local Government Area. It will make stops at the halt stations at Zik Avenue, Timber Shed, Orie Emene, and Emene rail station in each of the runs.

Already, the Kano Mass Transit Train Service which began operation on July 5, 2010 has been operating maximally with tremendous patronage from the people who have hailed the Nigerian Railway Corporation for the initiative.

The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) is wholly- owned by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It was constituted on October 3, 1921 by the amalgamation of the Lagos Government Railway (LGR) and the Baro-Kano Railway (BKR). It originally operated as a Civil Servant Department, designated by the Nigerian Government Railway Department. It became an autonomous public corporation created by an Act of Parliament, the Nigerian Railway Corporation Act of 1955 as amended in 1990, giving it a monopoly position in the rail sector within the country.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201007130183.html
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2011
Speaking ahead of the start of operations, [size=18pt]Engineer Adeseyi Sijuwade, Managing Director of Corporation,[/size] expressed happiness at bringing the trains back to the tracks for people of the South-east.

Atleast they're Nigerian engineers, not some Chinese or Indian overpriced workers.

Nigeria is stepping up.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2011
@ileke idi, i saw on d work site,europeans doing everything. From directing to driving the big volvo heavy duty caterpillars,bulldozers e.t.c
Nigerians were as usual relegated to the ground work,welding and other minor works. Cud hav snapped the europeans,bt the security,i no wan end up with broken head. Seun no go pay my hospital bill.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 8:59pm On Nov 23, 2011
@koko,wetha na NRC or state govt,i no wan knw. I need an escape route to enugu morning traffics,me sef go patronise.
I knw the state govt has its own rail network plan already being worked on. You can pull up the info abt dat one too make we compare knw which is handling this one. They are even buying intra city trains as part of the masterplan as i heard.
Anywhich way,i'm happy 4 ma town. With work goin on at the international airport plus d state govts own developmental efforts,gov. chime's commitment,enugu is growing. The future is bright

1 Like

Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by realchange: 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2011
those tracks look old! is it me or is it recycled tracks. i don't think this is the monorail project. it may be nigeria railway corporation laying their old tracks
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Nov 23, 2011
marocguy:

@koko[b],wetha na NRC or state govt,i no wan knw.[/b] I need an escape route to enugu morning traffics,me sef go patronise.
I knw the state govt has its own rail network plan already being worked on. You can pull up the info abt dat one too make we compare knw which is handling this one. They are even buying intra city trains as part of the masterplan as i heard.
Anywhich way,i'm happy 4 ma town. With work goin on at the international airport plus d state govts own developmental efforts,gov. chime's commitment,enugu is growing. The future is bright

Who are you lying to? First you claim you don't want to know(even though you felt comfortable taking and posting pictures of a project you don't seem to have any data on), then you jump into rambles about the State Government and what masterplans right after that. Are you sure you are alright?

What did you expect to happen when you posted the pictures? We all sit here and swallow up any gobble-de-gook you spew on the thread without questioning authenticity? Why are you trying to suggest that this is a State Project if you admit you really want us to believe you do not want to know.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by jason123: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2011
Nice one OP and Enugu!
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2011
@koko dude,i wud have chose to ignore u bt it may may derail my thread.
How confirming whether its a state or federal project changes ur strangely curious very far away self na wetin i no undastand. Then d sudden vexation n harsh tone. Do i smell somethn? A common motive here on NL? No! Not on ma thread. Besides,i aint an allafrica.com reporter. Maybe u wait behind ur system 4 their evening news,i'm so confident it'll show up to prove that nothing gud comes to enugu through the state govt apart frm timely fed govt/world bank/imf assisted aids to the poorly developed region.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2011
marocguy:

@koko dude,i wud have chose to ignore u bt it may may derail my thread.
How confirming whether its a state or federal project changes your strangely curious very far away self na wetin i no undastand. Then d sudden vexation n harsh tone. Do i smell somethn? A common motive here on NL? No! Not on ma thread. Besides,i aint an allafrica.com reporter. Maybe u wait behind your system 4 their evening news,i'm so confident it'll show up to prove that nothing gud comes to enugu through the state govt apart frm timely fed govt/world bank/imf assisted aids to the poorly developed region.

Your asking me that question suggests you care more about buying glory for the State Governor, whom in your last post, you made quite clear you hold in high regard, and would easily attribute this project, which seems all too well to not belong to the state, than you do about making sure he is actually spending YOUR MONEY well. 

Here's a simple answer to that highlighted question , and that is SO YOU KNOW WHO TO HOLD RESPONSIBLE AND ACCOUNTABLE for what. It is really that simple. If you were not so busy looking for cheap glory for anyone, you would know that.
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2011
@koko oh,i 4got. My bad. We shud get started with getting them accountable right away. As i said b4,i have delegated the work of sourcing the info about who gave the contract(i'm so confident of your ability on that),while i get attorneys to retrieve the contrac papers for Nairaland scrutiny too,since i hav started with showing the pics of work rate. Afterall we now have the Freedom of Information act to hold these bad leaders responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by PointB: 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2011
marocguy:

@koko oh,i 4got. My bad. We shud get started with getting them accountable right away. As i said b4,i have delegated the work of sourcing the info about who gave the contract(i'm so confident of your ability on that),while i get attorneys to retrieve the contrac papers for Nairaland scrutiny too,since i hav started with showing the pics of work rate. Afterall we now have the Freedom of Information act to hold these bad leaders responsible.

wicked! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2011
marocguy:

I am fine with that. Please you also need to sign over your right to vote to me since the last thing we need are more UNINFORMED zombies/praise-singers, thinking themselves capable of making decisions come election time/time.

Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by ARROBA(m): 12:17am On Nov 24, 2011
@Marocguy
@koko,wetha na NRC or state govt,i no wan knw. I need an escape route to enugu morning traffics,me sef go patronise.

@Marocguy,
Are you able to confirm if there are actual work going on at the Enugu International airport, Have they started constructing\remodelling the new international Terminal?
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by kunlekunle: 2:07am On Nov 24, 2011
no come fool us here
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by marocguy(m): 8:40am On Nov 24, 2011
@arroba i can confirm to you,work is going on there,i just passed the airpot a few minutes,a stretch of the new runway being constructed by one company wit a PW logo can be seen from the junction. Their heavy duty vehicles were at work by 7.30am this morning and for a long tym now. Work is going on at a gud rate from ma observation for months nw i take that route regular
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by PeeDaVinci: 9:40am On Nov 24, 2011
this looks like a narrow guage rail track, can someone please confirm to me that it i am not right?
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by manchy7531: 9:53am On Nov 24, 2011
Another whiteman project in a blackman country. These people rule Africa, we can't deny that

To hell with you and your racist/xenophobic comments.No white man is ruling anything.they are only doing business or rather making up for the short fall of rail engineers that are needed to execute the project,

if you feel they are ruling you,you can as well boot all those white men runing our economy and government that have render you blacks useless,lazy and unproductive.(which you guys are anyway)

BTW we in Nigeria are not xenophobic.you complain of white man rule but you attack black African particularly Nigerians going about they own business.Slowpoke like you.

Exit this site and dash to your SouthAfrican site cos we are tired of stup!d foreigners like you coming here to make silly comment.Whites/Africans are welcome here into our country to do business.we have nothing against them,it a free world.so keep your xenophobic comment to your self and learn to grow up.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:57am On Nov 24, 2011
PeeDaVinci:

this looks like a narrow guage rail track, can someone please confirm to me that it i am not right?
from the pic, i'd say it is
Re: Enugu Railway Tracks Construction Pictures by JAZES(m): 10:00am On Nov 24, 2011
The rails look like refurbished ones to me oo.
Well at ll at all na hin bad pass.

Kudos to the enugu state government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No 5 Million Votes For Buhari In Kano - PDP Mock APC, Buhari For Renting Crowds / Biafra Hero!!! 20years Old Man Set Himself On Fire Infront Of UN Building. / BON, NEDG Pick Only 5 Political Parties For Debate (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.